Ballista Revolution
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Evviva
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-24 11:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
So the news from VanaFest basically comfirm that they've created a new type of PvP and haven't forgotten that players like to let off some steam now and then. Player Monster as it's called for now looks like it's going to take alot of the suggestions people put out over the years and possibly shine in it's own right, but I think SE must be satisfied with Ballista as it currently stands?

This event seems very unique, super exciting :D. I agree with you, they seem to listen to the players on this one, this will be great =)

I believe they are content with the current state of Ballista as well. Indirectly, this might be the answer a lot of people have been waiting for~
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-25 16:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It does sound like fun. More simplistic than a team game type of activity, but it might help some people test the pvp waters.
By nyheen 2012-06-25 23:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

was reading up on this mob vs mob thing and seems interesting but just wondering it said mob vs player or mob vs mob only. not player vs player? it said pvp but iam guessing it mob vs player or iam wrong?^^;. also they said the samething with the whole pankration before. so i just wanted get the info right.lol
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-06-26 10:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Nyheen! I play on Lakshmi full of ballista. As your PUP is very talented and worth the challenge I still say have your gf and you move :)

On a side note, this new PvP is player vs player. I think one side will be monsters and one side players. So its sort of like Left 4 dead 2, where one side is human, the other side zombies.

So thus it would be amazing to be a Monster, level the monster and turn it into an NM or HNM or VNM of sorts.
By nyheen 2012-06-26 11:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Minibuddha said: »
Hey Nyheen! I play on Lakshmi full of ballista. As your PUP is very talented and worth the challenge I still say have your gf and you move :)

On a side note, this new PvP is player vs player. I think one side will be monsters and one side players. So its sort of like Left 4 dead 2, where one side is human, the other side zombies.

So thus it would be amazing to be a Monster, level the monster and turn it into an NM or HNM or VNM of sorts.
sounds great! i would already moved but didn wanna leave alot people back like that. ya cant wait to try that new pvp
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-26 11:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I think one side will be monsters and one side players
No. Monsters can fight eachother too. This is not a team game, it's every man for himself.
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-06-26 11:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
Quote:
No. Monsters can fight eachother too. This is not a team game, it's every man for himself.

According to SE, its one side is players as Monsters, the other is People being their own selves. That is what was announced over the weekend.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-26 11:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

According to SE, its one side is players as Monsters, the other is People being their own selves. That is what was announced over the weekend.
No. It was also announced that monsters could fight each other, and it was clearly stated by the community team at the event.

I watched the whole thing, I know.

There is both monster on player and monster on monster combat. It was even stated that defeating another playermonster as a monster earns greater reward than doing so as a normal player.
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-06-26 11:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
No. It was also announced that monsters could fight each other, and it was clearly stated by the community team at the event. I watched the whole thing, I know. There is both monster on player and monster on monster combat. It was even stated that defeating another playermonster as a monster earns greater reward than doing so as a normal player.

I too watched it. They said that Players can fight players as Monsters. Read the recap in another forum you will see. It says players start as basic monsters, can level up like they do normal jobs and only in certain areas. Then you can level up to NM, HNM, etc. After that you can enter your monster into a battlefield pvp area.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-26 11:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
They said that Players can fight players as Monsters.
Why are you arguing with me? You're telling me the same thing I'm telling you, in different words.
By nyheen 2012-06-26 13:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

just ignore him.
anyways mini seen alot Lakshmi pvp going on there on youtube, not much happening on bismarck dont think i seen a match started here in over 2 years, but my guess with this new pvp coming out could bring back alot of it.

would be weird pvp a person that a mob>.> but would be funny to see. iam surprised they even coming out wirh a new pvp. they may also be hope that they gonna update the others
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-26 13:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yayokichi's latest~
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-06-26 14:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Evviva said: »
Yayokichi's latest~

There sure are a lot of THFs, PLDs, SAMs and RDMs. Doesn't seem like a lot of diversity ;/
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-26 14:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Stfutaru said: »
Yayokichi's latest~

There sure are a lot of THFs, PLDs, SAMs and RDMs. Doesn't seem like a lot of diversity ;/

Watch for Sizer, that's a PLD/DRK rocking souleater penta lol.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2012-06-26 15:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets bring back Brenner!!...anyone? Hello ::empty echo:: ...helllo?
By nyheen 2012-06-26 15:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yayokichi's latest~

Watch for Sizer, that's a PLD/DRK rocking souleater penta lol.

not bad, iam shock iam not the only one that used to penta on pld 60 caps long time ago lol. seems like alot skilled people on alot of you guys servers. if i didn have to worry about the 3 month server change time i would of already been there. would be nice to give my pup a try there:)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-26 15:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said: »

Brenner!!
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-06-26 16:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Brenner! I love Ballista, though.

Something about the layout that's kind of unappealing to me...
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-26 16:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Brenner! I love Ballista, though.

Something about the layout that's kind of unappealing to me...

Oh man.. all I remember were those bloody postens @@
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-06-26 16:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Brenner! I love Ballista, though. Something about the layout that's kind of unappealing to me...

I actually enjoy Brenner. Its a different skill haha. I remember it first came out it was too crowded. Now a days it is dead. Still for those who do not ballista, its the only way to participate. Although for Evviva and me since we participate a lot, we get points too :P Although idk about Evviva I do not use my points too often if to only get a revit as needed :P

I do hope that this Monster PvP system will bring back people and make them want to level a certain job it would be totally fun. (dreams of playing as a big ol wyvern or Shadowlord) hahaha.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-06-26 17:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Brenner! I love Ballista, though. Something about the layout that's kind of unappealing to me...

I actually enjoy Brenner. Its a different skill haha. I remember it first came out it was too crowded. Now a days it is dead. Still for those who do not ballista, its the only way to participate. Although for Evviva and me since we participate a lot, we get points too :P Although idk about Evviva I do not use my points too often if to only get a revit as needed :P

I do hope that this Monster PvP system will bring back people and make them want to level a certain job it would be totally fun. (dreams of playing as a big ol wyvern or Shadowlord) hahaha.

You should know what I spend my points on :oa
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2012-06-26 17:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually enjoy Brenner. Its a different skill haha. I remember it first came out it was too crowded. Now a days it is dead. Still for those who do not ballista, its the only way to participate. Although for Evviva and me since we participate a lot, we get points too :P Although idk about Evviva I do not use my points too often if to only get a revit as needed :P I do hope that this Monster PvP system will bring back people and make them want to level a certain job it would be totally fun. (dreams of playing as a big ol wyvern or Shadowlord) hahaha.
You should know what I spend my points on :oa

Yes I do bwahaha...:3
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-05 14:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 楽鯖60制限バリスタ7月5日森
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-07-08 08:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently downloaded FFXI test server client just for this. I used to really enjoy ballista a few years ago until people stopped doing it altogether. Now I'm even more excited looking to doing ballista on the test server with people from all servers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-08 15:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I've recently downloaded FFXI test server client just for this. I used to really enjoy ballista a few years ago until people stopped doing it altogether. Now I'm even more excited looking to doing ballista on the test server with people from all servers.

Wonderful, see you out there =)
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-08 15:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 バリスタ 箱庭 7月7日 鞄鯖
FF11 バリスタ 公式 沼 7月9日 パート1 鞄鯖
FF11 楽鯖60制限バリスタ7月5日森
FF11 鞄鯖60制限バリスタ7月3日沼
FF11 楽鯖60制限バリスタ7月6日沼
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-08 17:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Following is the official match listing for July 9th to July 23rd.
Ideally, the proposed schedule is posted to promote participation on any server.
The current active Ballista servers are Lakshmi and Carbuncle as well as the test server, Undine.

Please do not change job mid match -or- sign-up before 18:00 to avoid unbalanced job sorting by the herald, thanks!

---60Cap---

---99CAP---

In regards to the the test server, Undine. Please respond to this thread if possible to acknowledge your participation(or PM me) - otherwise, show up at the times listed and we'll go from there. I won't personally be able to attend every match, however the stage is set, and everyone needs to do their part~

This is the program I use regarding the official match schedule.[/spoiler]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-07-09 12:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 バリスタ 公式 沼 7月9日  パート2 鞄鯖
FF11 鞄鯖60制限バリスタ7月9日沼
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-07-09 15:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm I haven't actually seen anyone in the test server sign up for ballista yet. I'd thought for a test server there'd be alot of people on here. Unless there's some that only does ballista outside the test server?
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2012-07-09 16:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish SE brought back the official ballista tournament. I always wanted to join a team but by the time i got good at it, all that ended and i missed my chance of getting the blue hat for winning in the official tournament. =/ Also the prizes were nice at the time as well.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8