Ballista - Test Server!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ballista - Test server!
Ballista - Test server!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Evviva
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-02-01 01:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is it~

No server transfer required.

If you love ballista, and wish to participate.. this is the time.

Offical match schedule is posted in this thread, for 60 cap and uncap.

I am promoting every level cap.

Post in this thread, or contact me via PM if you are interested.

We'd like to see how many people are genuinely interested before setting a date.

I leave Evv afk by Tillecoe every night(and quite often I just afk there in general) so drop by and /t /poke or /mnkemote me~

Updated to include every level cap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2012-02-01 02:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

The highest points on FFXI are 12-18+ v 12-18+ on Pashow Marshlands. Never had as much fun ingame outside of those matches on Fairy. Jugner was fun too but Marshlands was just epic. You sprinting forward thinking there's nobody there then BLAM you run away with several DD and a black mage on your butt rdy to stun n zerg you down to the ground. Was a very merry time until BLU got introduced and pretty much ruined low level ballista. (Lv 30 I'm talking to you!)

/rant
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-01 03:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What is there to test about Ballista huh?!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-01 04:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the only way to do cross-server pvp.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-02-01 04:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Woosh
[+]
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2012-02-01 05:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

/interested

The highest we ever had on Fenrir that I can remember was about 30 vs 30 Pashow 60 cap way back in 2005. I was RDM/RNG. Complete chaos everywhere. The final score ended up being 300+ and very very very close, I wanna say it was 310 to 313 or something like that. It was one of my favorite moments of any game ever. /nostalgia
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-02-01 06:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to but my c key doesn't work so for the most part, wouldn't even be able to make macros.

I remapped my keyboard for \ to be c (I have two \ buttons, one is over the enter key and the other is directly above c, which is the one I swapped).

Non windower doesn't recognize the \ button at all, so when I press it nothing happens, so I'm back to not having a c key
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2012-02-01 08:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caladbolg said: »
/interested

The highest we ever had on Fenrir that I can remember was about 30 vs 30 Pashow 60 cap way back in 2005. I was RDM/RNG. Complete chaos everywhere. The final score ended up being 300+ and very very very close, I wanna say it was 310 to 313 or something like that. It was one of my favorite moments of any game ever. /nostalgia

Sadly organizing something like that goes well beyond "impossible today ... Even keeping in mind that the test server has a sort of cap on the amount of people that can play there at once ... -_-;

But hey it would be cool to be part of something like that ... Sadly I missed it... D:
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-02-01 08:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Interested for fun, low stress, non Ballista Royale competitive ballista!
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-02-01 13:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What is there to test about Ballista huh?!
We test a wide variety of things related to ballista almost daily.

Quote:
/interested
Fantastic, I'll make sure to get in contact with you about any plans~

Quote:
Sadly organizing something like that goes well beyond "impossible today ... Even keeping in mind that the test server has a sort of cap on the amount of people that can play there at once ... -_-;
Hardly impossible, Carbuncle reaches 30v30 during jp prime time, whereas Lakshmi can go as high as 20v20(and of course, Undine sup~)

Quote:
Omgwtftaru check and check!

Infinite augments, rabbit pies, and ... you guessed it, infinite supply of equipment(as long as you have the inventory space) make Undine quite appealing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-01 13:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a pretty neat idea, I hope SE doesn't have an issue with it.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2012-02-01 13:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have to do the sign up or w/e you have to do to be able to log into the test server. <_>
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-02-01 13:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I still have to do the sign up or w/e you have to do to be able to log into the test server. <_>

The sign up/copy is quick, but downloading the update might take a little longer than an hour.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-01 14:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

About time you ballistars figured this one out.

Kudos.

I might have to pop on and get murdered by you pros sometime.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-01 14:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
I'd love to but my c key doesn't work so for the most part, wouldn't even be able to make macros.

I remapped my keyboard for \ to be c (I have two \ buttons, one is over the enter key and the other is directly above c, which is the one I swapped).

Non windower doesn't recognize the \ button at all, so when I press it nothing happens, so I'm back to not having a c key
You run Windower on the test server. You may or may not be able to use your mouse outside the game window when tabbed out, but everything else works fine.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-01 15:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

You run Windower on the test server. You may or may not be able to use your mouse outside the game window when tabbed out, but everything else works fine.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this?
 Lakshmi.Vyii
user: vyiv
By Lakshmi.Vyii 2012-02-01 19:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be great if people also invite their friends who may be or already are interested in participating, as publicizing and spreading the message is usually a challenge. Since one of the primary focuses is promoting a team environment, having more players would open more options for organizing teams. The more, the merrier.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-02-01 20:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Open up two instances of windower!

...that's about as much as I know, someone more knowledgeable please enlighten us;
 Ragnarok.Tarutaur
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xyooj
By Ragnarok.Tarutaur 2012-02-01 20:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

all my 60cap gear is on a mule, nooooooo!
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2012-02-01 20:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Evviva said: »
Quote:

Open up two instances of windower!

...that's about as much as I know, someone more knowledgeable please enlighten us;

The only way I know is if you have two different accounts, sign into the account that can't go into the test server first but don't enter the game yet. Then you sign into the test server account and you should be able to head into the test server with windower with no problem at all. That's how I used to do it anyway.
 Lakshmi.Vyii
By Lakshmi.Vyii 2012-02-01 20:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tarutaur said: »
If you go to the test server application again, there's an option to re-copy your character's data from your current server to the test server. So, if you happen to have additional items that you need to take along with you to Undine, you could transfer them from your mule to your main character and re-copy the data. Hope this helps.
[+]
 Caitsith.Xyooj
Server: Caitsith
user: Xyooj
By Caitsith.Xyooj 2012-02-01 20:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vyii said: »
Ragnarok.Tarutaur said: »
If you go to the test server application again, there's an option to re-copy your character's data from your current server to the test server. So, if you happen to have additional items that you need to take along with you to Undine, you could transfer them from your mule to your main character and re-copy the data. Hope this helps.
thanks, I didn't know that.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-02-01 21:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm jelly. I wish I could join in =/ I'm missing an add-on and still haven't transferred my account.
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2012-02-01 21:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be interested if I can apply and get on the test server.

Not sure if it will be worth $14 to reactivate then end up missing all the matches. :(
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-02-01 22:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I had a max level character still active so I could join in, sounds like a lot of fun.
 Fenrir.Parak
By Fenrir.Parak 2012-02-01 22:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck if ballista makes a comeback on the test server I will reactivate my account.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-02-01 22:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG
Lakshmi.Evviva said: »
Quote:
Omgwtftaru check and check!

Omradelf?!
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-02-01 23:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Omradelf?!

Haha yes~
 Lakshmi.Vyii
By Lakshmi.Vyii 2012-02-02 02:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In the past, one prevalent complaint from the general public was the need to transfer servers in order to have a chance of playing Ballista. These days, though, we have the luxury of a test server in which Ballista enthusiasts from different servers can gather together and host their own games. Unfortunately, this is only accessible to PC users who have all the expansions, thus excluding people who don't have every expansion, as well as those who play on other consoles; however, I would recommend PC users who lack—say—one expansion to give the test sever a shot. This, of course, mainly applies to more experienced Ballista players, as it probably wouldn't be worth it otherwise. Without doubt, it would be a great honor to play with some Ballista advocates like Upbeat, Tigerwoods, or Cleyne on the test server. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Honestly, my LS has been discussing the possibility of hosting Ballista on the test server since it was first introduced. Other people, however, also had similar ideas, proposed to host cross-server Ballista games, and ended up failing. This led us, or at least me, to believe that cross-server Ballista would be unsuccessful, and I wouldn't even fathom of making a similar attempt that would seemingly lead to failure. Still, despite my former conviction, here I am as if campaigning for president and giving cross-server Ballista another shot. Perhaps the reason why none of the previous attempts succeeded was because there was only 'talk' but no 'walk'. In order for this dream of an event to come to reality, everyone's help, cooperation, and support will be needed. Instead of all talk, there has to be a movement. Hopefully, this time, we'll truly be able to do it, and I'm sincerely willing to offer as much time and effort as needed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2012-02-02 04:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

To those interested!

We'd like to see how many people are genuinely interested before setting a date.

I leave Evv afk by Tillecoe every night(and quite often I just afk there in general) so drop by and /t /poke or /mnkemote me~

See you out there!
First Page 2 3 4 5