Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2012-07-25 17:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

allyka said: »
Bismarck.Azagthothe said: »
allyka said: »
Not considering the MND/skill benefits that comes with some fastcast/haste gear, I don't think +50HP curing power > an 80% casting time reduction and 2-3 seconds off the cure recast timer.

You're doing it wrong. You should be using casting time reduction gear and fast cast gear in your precast set; it doesn't benefit you to finish casting a spell in this gear.

The benefit with curing in fastcast/haste gear is a lower recast timer. For me, 2-3 seconds off the cure 5 recast timer outweighs the +50HP gain.

I edited my original post to reflect to recast reduction of Fast Cast gear by keeping it on; however, there isn't any reason to keep casting time reduction on, which was the main problem with your post. Either way, you're probably going to be alternating between cures, which usually eliminates the recast advantage.
 Phoenix.Seshat
Server: Phoenix
user: maeko91
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-25 18:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using Cure V you're obviously doing something wrong. Cure 4 Has a lower recast, lower cost, and ultimately does more for you. The only benefit to 5/6 is the cureskin, which if in an event like Legion is understandable. Outside of that? It should be an emergency cure.

Its also not a +50 HP gain for 2-3 seconds. It quite a large chunk more, and if the OQC fires then you won't be casting in any of your potency gear - it'll be in your Idle/precast (if you have a precast) set, which lowers the cure dramatically while still draining your MP. I've yet to see any benefits from stacking OQC. If you're a good WHM and you know what you're doing you shouldn't need an instant cast. Time your cures before a TP move fires and your target will be at full as the move lands. Its amazing what a little timing can do.
 Asura.Alicura
Server: Asura
user: allyka
By Asura.Alicura 2012-07-25 18:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

^ I edited my reply as well.
Phoenix.Seshat said: »
If you're using Cure V you're obviously doing something wrong. Cure 4 Has a lower recast, lower cost, and ultimately does more for you. The only benefit to 5/6 is the cureskin, which if in an event like Legion is understandable. Outside of that? It should be an emergency cure.

Its also not a +50 HP gain for 2-3 seconds. It quite a large chunk more, and if the OQC fires then you won't be casting in any of your potency gear - it'll be in your Idle/precast (if you have a precast) set, which lowers the cure dramatically while still draining your MP. I've yet to see any benefits from stacking OQC. If you're a good WHM and you know what you're doing you shouldn't need an instant cast. Time your cures before a TP move fires and your target will be at full as the move lands. Its amazing what a little timing can do.

Outside of Voidwatch/Abyssea, Cure IV is still a hate grabber and an unnecessary use of MP. In the regular world, try healing with Cure4 as you would use cure V. Cure IVs boost does not replace Cure V.
Cure III & V(250-350+ stoneskin effect depending on AF3 body) should still be you your main spells.

OQC gear may be wasted if you are using Spellcast, but regular old windower scripts work just fine and are personally more reliable with gear swaps.

From my testing, +30MND or +30 Healing magic skill equals less than 50HP recovered. As for the bold part,whms should not sit around waiting for a potential TP move to go off unless they're stunning it. We have Haste cycles and many buffs to keep up as well as cure people in our alliances. Sooo the whole timing thing, as if we're waiting on Pecking Flurry to go off on the strongest meripo DD, should not be a reality. Though, it is practical to idle with a finger on a Curaga spell when u get the chance.
[+]
By Ashandarei 2012-07-25 18:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alicura said: »
^ I edited my reply as well.

Outside of Voidwatch/Abyssea, Cure IV is still a hate grabber and an unnecessary use of MP. In the regular world, try healing with Cure4 as you would use cure V. Cure IVs boost does not replace Cure V.
Cure III & V(250-350+ stoneskin effect depending on AF3 body) should still be you your main spells.

OQC gear may be wasted if you are using Spellcast, but regular old windower scripts work just fine and are personally more reliable with gear swaps.

From my testing, +30MND or +30 Healing magic skill equals less than 50HP recovered. As for the bold part,whms should not sit around waiting for a potential TP move to go off unless they're stunning it. We have Haste cycles and many buffs to keep up as well as cure people in our alliances. Sooo the whole timing thing, as if we're waiting on Pecking Flurry to go off on the strongest meripo DD should not be a reality. Though, it is practical to idle with a finger on the Curaga spell when u get the chance.

What other situations are you talking exactly that are outside of VW or Abyssea that warrant a WHM? If you're talking legion... if you're worried about pulling hate off of Embrava'd DDs, you need to get better DDs.
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-25 18:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Except I main WHM and explicitly use Cure 4 unless a followup from 5 is absolutely necc. in Voidwatch. I don't count Abyssea because, quite frankly, its Abyssea. I'm reffering to Grand Wyrms, ToAU Kings (if you still do them), things that take slightly more skill than Abyssea.

Also, I don't see how my 914 Cure 4s, without day or weather, are an unnecessary use of MP? With light arts its half the cost of a cure 5 and cures for 200 less. If your dds HP are that low, again, you're doing something wrong. All cures, not just 3 and 5 should be cast in your AF3+2 body.

One more thing, you won't be "grabbing hate" if you know what you're doing. I rarely, if ever, unless there's a hate reset move - which hey, by the way, you're gonna get hate, get hate in any event that I take part in unless we're doing a really pissed off Bot Rex and pick up members can't get their procs.

+30 MND and +30 Healing Magic are not equal. They changed the formulas for cures months ago. Healing Magic power has increased dramatically. Potency > HM > MND > VIT > etc.

I shouldn't be stunning on WHM, because for one, I sub SCH. I'm efficient. Number two? I manage my haste cycles, Boost, Auspice (if no DRK) as well as any barspells, in VW, while timing cures properly, not only on my party, but my entire alliance. You don't wait for it to go off, btw. You should have your DDs capped on HP and if you see a TP move being readied and you have proper gear/timing your cure will land immediately and recap them. Its not a difficult concept.
[+]
 Asura.Alicura
By Asura.Alicura 2012-07-25 18:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladins are still used in Legion and it possible to steal hate by casting cure 4 spells as you would Cure V. Even while low manning VNMs hate can still be an issue. Certain voidwatch runs can be lengthy. If you are using Cure4 as you would Cure V, you will reach the cap that much quicker.
Aside from hate, the solace effect from CureV is still stronger than that of cureIV.

BTW, neither +30 MND nor +30 healing skill equals 50HP. The benefit from either is still minimal.

I guess it boils down to the way we play white mage. Most WHMs I see that neglect a decent cure casting set/recast set are usually much slower healers, as expected.
[+]
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-25 18:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You're really trying to justify a few points for stoneskin that's going to get one shotted in Legion/VW as a reason to use cure 5 outside of hate management, which again, you should be able to handle if you know what you're doing.

A 350 stoneskin isn't going to save anyone's life. The embrava, regen, and other useful buffs would be more beneficial. You're wasting MP by trying to "manage MP/hate" which you really aren't doing anyway. If your DDs have embrava, your PLD, anyone that is dealing some form of damage, a cure 4 will not take hate. Even after repeated uses. I manage just fine with 3/4 and have never had any of these hate issues you claim to have, with PLDs or straight DD tanks. You obviously play WHM with incompetent people.
 Asura.Alicura
By Asura.Alicura 2012-07-25 19:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

In shout parties, a players quality is always questionable. With good players who you know can do what is expected, those issues do not occur. However,in Legion, if you are constantly using cure IV on your paladin you will most likely gain hate.

CureV has the ability to easily heal for over 1000HP. Usually, CureIV is not going to remedy a situation where a player loses 1000+ HP ,this often happens in many events. Following a Cure IV with a Cure III is just extra time spent casting a spell that Cure V could have handled in one.

But,of course, these situations don't happen to you in your perfect alliances where you have time to idle around with your finger on Cure IV, ready to heal some single target TP move instead of the usual AoE spamage that happens to everyone else. ^_^
[+]
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-25 19:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea where you're getting the idea of perfect alliances, considering I gave you a scenario where it wasn't, nor do I have my finger idling over Cure 4. Where have you seen me say that I do nothing but idle over a Cure 4 macro? I already discussed -agas, which you completely ignored, and still haven't responded to any of my other points without having to rely on false information as a response. If you read anything that I said you might actually be able to comprehend something. I never said I do not use Cure 5. I said I can handle cures with just 3 and 4 for the alliance - referencing outside of party. IDK about you, but I'm pretty sure you can't -aga outside of party, and hey guess what? Accession Cure 4 is an amazing tool that you can't use when /BLM. You should have 2-3 BLMs in a VW group, and at least one person with stun (DRK, hello) in Legion, and that's a pretty low estimate.

Also, if you're healing your PLD in Legion, as far as I know (if you even bring a PLD since quite a few groups I know don't even use them), they should be healing themself while kiting. If you're curing a PLD? Sure, toss a cure 5. But your DDs? Don't waste your MP. Its pretty simple. Anyway, I'm done with this since reading comprehension doesn't seem to exist. I'll continue playing my job well, being the main WHM of my LS, and you do things your way. Eventually, maybe some day, you'll figure it out.

ITT: Voidwatch is hard.

More news at 10? So is WHM.
 Asura.Alicura
By Asura.Alicura 2012-07-25 19:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you're healing your PLD in Legion, as far as I know (if you even bring a PLD since quite a few groups I know don't even use them), they should be healing themself while kiting. If you're curing a PLD? Sure, toss a cure 5.

/stare

In Legion, Paladins are not kiting pets around like Morta's baby spawns while self-curing themselves.
It seems that you obviously have no idea what you are talking about and that your experience is quite minimal.

I agree, it is a good time for you to stop replying.
[+]
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-25 19:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Except the fact that you need to use a PLD still baffles me. From the groups that I've spoken with, when they used to use PLDs they held the other mobs while zerging the first -> repeat for the following. Holding/Kiting falls under the same category if ***hits the fan.

Might be time for you to start reading informative sites/forums since what's been posted here by other well known people isn't getting through to you. BG would be a nice start.
 Asura.Alicura
By Asura.Alicura 2012-07-25 19:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read plenty but you can continue reading since you clearly aren't speaking from experience.

Now, I am done talking with you. That means that I am not going to reply to you for the rest of the night. Clearly you did not understand those words when you wrote them.
[+]
By Luthiene 2012-08-11 09:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats currently the best Fast Cast set for casting hastes, cursna spamming, etc?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-11 09:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If spamming cursna, I'd use the neck/ring(instead of veneficium) that enhance the effect. not 100% sure theres an earring worth putting in the 2nd earring slot outside of legion.
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-08-13 01:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For healing magic itself:

Switch Hyksos khat +1 for Af3+2 head based on personal preference. AF3 allows for potential chance at a divine veil proc if multiple people are cursed, however higher healing magic skill increases the chances of curse/doom being removed.

As far as best haste set:

That is what I cast haste in. 26% haste with left over fast cast from the pre-cast. Pre-cast includes Anhur Robe. Goliard Saio is exchangeable with the Neo-Limbus bodies from Arch-Ultima if you're able to/have access to it as well.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-08-13 02:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

however higher healing magic skill increases the chances of curse/doom being removed.

Has this been confirmed/disproved? I could have sworn that someone from SE said that it doesn't on the official forums.
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-08-13 02:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know I haven't seen anything official to confirm or disprove it, however I have noticed (over time, but this is of course eyeballing) a steady increase on doom removals on both my main and my boyfriend's mule with capped healing magic + skill gear. 1~4 tries and its typically off. Prior to capped skills we'd be reliant on pure luck. But, again, this is from eyeballing/speculation.

Until they say otherwise though (or unless someone can disprove it) I'd just personally stick to it. Cursna's recast is 4 seconds with my current set. With haste up it's at 3 seconds in that set as well. In my haste set the recast is still 3 seconds - so it doesn't hurt at all to use a healing magic set just in case.
By Ashandarei 2012-08-13 03:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, you're going to have the gear on you from other sets, it doesn't really put a negative on your casting/recast times, why not do it? Until it's confirmed 100% by someone, no harm in putting a bit more effort into your WHM. If all the gear helps with just 1 doom getting off faster, it's paid off in the end. My two cents anyways.
By Dantedmc 2012-08-13 06:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the post where Camate talks about Doom

Camate said:
Quote:
Make it so the chances of curing Doom increase with higher healing magic skill.
Since there is also Holy Water when curing this is difficult, we’d like to monitor the current rate. Though it depends on luck and repeated attempts, but the recovery rate was set rather high so it can be cured before the countdown timer reaches zero.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/11517-Job-Adjustment%EF%BD%93-Manifesto-WHM/page9

From what is said it seems as though healing magic skill has no effect on cursna. He never outright states it though.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-08-13 17:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That was the original quote, and then Camate came out later to say this:

Siren.Kalilla said: »
02-06-2012 07:42 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Quote:
Will there be any changes to the success rate of removing Death?
With the current system, the higher the healing magic skill, the higher the success rate will be. However, to balance this with the rate of success of Holy Water, there is no 100% success rate even if your skill is very high.
Subscribe

So, yes, Healing Magic Skill does affect doom success rate, assuming "Death" is a badly translated "Doom".
[+]
 Bahamut.Zathra
Server: Bahamut
user: Zathra
By Bahamut.Zathra 2012-09-02 07:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Debilis Medallion have better enhancement to Cursna than Malison Medallion does?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Reyke
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2012-10-18 20:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is sch the best sub for whm or is rdm still useful?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-10-18 20:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Both. /sch is the best sub and /rdm is still useful.

...occasionally. Can't remember the last time I was /rdm though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-10-18 21:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Blessed set and a light staff. WHM ain't even hard.
*adjusts glasses*
Yep.
[+]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2012-10-20 13:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Switch Hyksos khat +1 for Af3+2 head based on personal preference. AF3 allows for potential chance at a divine veil proc if multiple people are cursed, however higher healing magic skill increases the chances of curse/doom being removed.

As far as best haste set:

That is what I cast haste in. 26% haste with left over fast cast from the pre-cast. Pre-cast includes Anhur Robe. Goliard Saio is exchangeable with the Neo-Limbus bodies from Arch-Ultima if you're able to/have access to it as well.

In the haste set, switch Blessed Hands +1 for Rubeus, and get a Capricorn Staff+Arbuda Grip. More fastcast.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-20 17:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's even if space could permit it! I frequent run out of space on my WHM on just gear. :(
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-10-20 22:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How much -cure casting time/fast cast gear can I use in a windower script macro without it failing to swap gear with a /wait 1 command. I have spell cast but every time I make one successfully it somehow fails like 3 days later so I gave up :\
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-21 00:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
How much -cure casting time/fast cast gear can I use in a windower script macro without it failing to swap gear with a /wait 1 command. I have spell cast but every time I make one successfully it somehow fails like 3 days later so I gave up :\
75%, iirc? But I think it's multiplicative. so (1-casttime%)(1-fascast%). Then just have it be... 25%? Idk. I could be wrong in all of this, need someone better to clarify. lol
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14