First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-05-28 16:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
What the heck is RDM sub doing for WHM in VW?

I was all like "but but SCH is an amazing sub and I love it"

And they were all like "DENIED"

Then I cried =/

Edit: Just assumed they thought I was a noob for not having it leveled
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-28 16:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
HQ should be 4%. HQ always has 1 cap higher
Then armada hauberk would be able to get 7stp, which I can't say i've ever seen. Only the forced(I don't know what its called, the augment you always get when it's hq) goes higher I think.
NQ can only get 5, though.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-28 16:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
HQ should be 4%. HQ always has 1 cap higher
Then armada hauberk would be able to get 7stp, which I can't say i've ever seen. Only the forced(I don't know what its called, the augment you always get when it's hq) goes higher I think.
NQ can only get 5, though.
Really? hmm, nvm then!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-05-28 17:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's talk about the important whm set.

Any obvious improvements for nukes?! (other than magian light dmg staff.)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-28 17:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Since ppl been talking about zenith augments,and cap enhancing on whm,
im about 513 enhancing,this is all for you kalilla :P

Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-05-28 18:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

@Daffel

Since you're on Ragnarok, who was making the shout? I can honestly say if someone told me to go WHM/RDM, they'd have to give me one hell of a justification to do so.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-28 18:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

for procs lul,aye there are a few nasty nubs on ragnarok,imo whm/sch is best on vw,there is no reasons not to come /sch,unless you actualy dont have /sch leveled :P
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-05-28 18:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I proc more often doing random Helixes in VW shouts than I probably would nuking, since Helixes tend to be the last few spells cast by BLMs, I've noticed.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-28 18:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

was a joke ^^ /rdm only point is for convert,but you shouldnt need in vw,unless you just rejoined the game,and have 0 temps 0 atmas ecc ^^
unless they had no one /rdm,and woulda be just for dispel,but you should have a main rdm for high dot tiers,and anyway you should have at least 1 blm/rdm for that matter,but definitely 0 point to not have an rdm as of now,maybe after they took down merit spells,id get a sch instead,so like i said daffel got screwed by a nub leader
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-28 18:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Convert isn't even amazing MP/s, I don't see why so many people love it so much over Sublimation, Light Arts, and Strategems.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-05-28 18:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, seems like it, lol. If Convert is your only reason, learn to use your MP better, even if you're relatively fresh player, getting a 3mp Refresh idle set isn't too difficult now a days.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-28 18:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you even convert in VW, I don't see how you could possibly run out of ethers.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-28 18:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

because nubs ppl are nubs ppl? XD
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-05-28 18:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I sit with a 7mp Refresh set in VW thanks to Morta's Atmacite, so, once you hit that point, you really shouldn't be running outta MP, it's like Abyssea all over again, lol.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-28 18:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

eh,you misunderstood me,i wasnt refered to the whm,but to the leader forcing a whm to sub /rdm,because lack of strategy/knowledge of the game ^^
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-05-28 19:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you mean xD But again, if I run into that leader myself, I'm gonna give him/her a piece of my mind =p
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Alpaka
Server: Bahamut
user: MGreer
By Bahamut.Alpaka 2012-07-03 19:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestions on what I could do to improve my WHM sets?

Barspell:

Cure:

Idle:

Enhancing:
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-07-03 21:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you already know but uh.. Could get Nares Trews/Stearc Subligar and Wivre pin for idle. You probably already knew, but. :p
I don't know what type of whm you are, but I idle in owleyes too, I just swap in PDT when I need. And Genbu shield idle takes away the physical part of the owleyes. lol
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-07-06 07:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »
I think you already know but uh.. Could get Nares Trews/Stearc Subligar and Wivre pin for idle. You probably already knew, but. :p
I don't know what type of whm you are, but I idle in owleyes too, I just swap in PDT when I need. And Genbu shield idle takes away the physical part of the owleyes. lol

Or instead of Owleyes+Gebnu, be a cool kid and get an Oneiros Grip :D.
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-17 14:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm rebuilding my WHM right now. Learned ALOT. Thank you <3.

So would someone plz be Carebear and list for me what cure casting time% gear I need to shoot for.

And exactly which 3 pieces of gear get me 50% cure potency? I can't seem to make out exactly which ones everyone referred too.

If not that's ok.... I'll just go sit in a corner, ... 4vraron
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-17 14:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Arka IV (24%)
Roundel (5%)
Orison Cap+2 (10%)
Serpentes Set (5%) m/e with Augur's Gloves T4%)
Tempered Cape (4%)
Orison Earring (2%)
Phalaina Locket (4%) m/e with Fylgia +1 (3%)

Mix and match for 50% without using body or legs!
[+]
 Asura.Alicura
user: allyka
By Asura.Alicura 2012-07-24 15:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I build sets based on my player styles which, unless you are like me, are far from optimal.Perhaps these sets will help similar white mages. They were created with /sch as a subjob and mainly for use in Voidwatch & Legion.

Cure 1,2,3,& 5 (whm/sch)
50% Cure Potency| 80% Cure casting Reduction| 10% Equipment Haste|

Cure 3 and 5 are the main single target spells so I've given them capped potency and capped cure casting, with a decent recast reduction. The Chelona Boots do add -6 VIT but the +6MND & 4% Fast Cast balances it out.

Cure 4 (whm/sch)
80% Cure casting reduction| 14% Haste from equipment| 41.5%Recast from Fast Cast + Arka II| 6% Occ. quickens spellcasting

Cure 4 is my spam spell when many people in the alliance are bleeding and need to be quickly healed without waiting on the other cure timers.
In voidwatch, using haste atmacites, I am able to cap equipment haste. This lowers Cure 4's recast down to 2seconds(1sec with march song). Since the cure casting reduction is capped, I get a quickcast feeling each time the spell goes off.
**I am still toying with the idea of using this set for Cure 5 since its recast would be lowered to 2seconds.**

Cure 6 (whm/sch)
50% Cure Potency| 64% cure casting reduction| Occ. quickens spellcasting

Cure 6 gives the highest stoneskin effect from solace so, of course, I capped the potency while wearing the AF3+2 body. 6% Quick Cast gives the chance for an immediate recast since this set neglects recast gear.I do plan on creating a full potency build for this set using tefnut wand and genbu shield to lower my cure casting time. I also might replace the loquacious for Novia.
[+]
 Asura.Leairc
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-25 15:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You have the thanks of my people.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-07-25 16:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed it was optimal to cure in orison bliaud+2 assuming you cap potency without it, for noncuraga/cura cures that is
By Aleste 2012-07-25 16:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@above
Asura.Alicura said: »
I build sets based on my player styles which, unless you are like me, are far from optimal.

Depending on gear and racial stats, you'll find a better return on Orison Bliaud (due to increased stoneskin) around the 20-30% potency mark.

Generally, this is the accepted route for gearing:
Cap potency
Free up potency to switch body for AF3+2
Optimise set for -enm/skill/day situations
 Phoenix.Seshat
Server: Phoenix
user: maeko91
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-25 16:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Cures 1-6 follow the new Healing magic update, whereas Curagas did not, you should have seperate sets for both, as well as a solace down set in case of an emergency cure right after an esuna.

My current set for 1-6:

Improvements would include an Iaso Mitra and 6 Healing magic on my Z. Pumps. Currently have Cure potency+4 Healing magic +4. 49% Potency in this set.

Curagas:

Since -agas follow the old MND formula, cap potency first, then MND, etc. This set has 50% potency and can also be used for solace down.

Edit: Repost due to wrong account. <_<;
By allyka 2012-07-25 17:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Aleste said: »
@above
Asura.Alicura said: »
I build sets based on my player styles which, unless you are like me, are far from optimal.

Depending on gear and racial stats, you'll find a better return on Orison Bliaud (due to increased stoneskin) around the 20-30% potency mark.

Generally, this is the accepted route for gearing:
Cap potency
Free up potency to switch body for AF3+2
Optimise set for -enm/skill/day situations
This isn't directed towards you but the 'general route' itself.
I think prioritizing skill and MND above casting and recast reduction seems a bit dated these days.

Back in the day, Potency was the only thing we could cap because there wasn't enough gear to make casting/recast sets worthwhile. Because of those limitations, we sensationalized the minimal benefits of MND & healing magic skill. Yes, they continue to make cures stronger but even if given a free +30MND or +30Healing magic skill added on to your complete MND/Skill set, it would give you less than a +50HP increase in curing power.

Not considering the MND/skill benefits that comes with some fastcast/haste gear, I don't think +50HP curing power > an 80% casting time reduction and 2-3 seconds off the cure recast timer.

Regarding Solace, the 25% compared to a possible 35% is noticeable. As I said, it boils down to the way I play whm. I use the AF3 body with Cure 6 as a precaution for when its expected someone will soon be hit with a powerful attack--even when their HP is already full. It is a MP drain but I try to use it with Penury to offset the cost.

Asura.Leairc said: »
You have the thanks of my people.
Thanx. :D After today's Legion runs, I am definitely going to recreate a cure 6 set using a tefnut wand and genbu's shield.
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
Server: Bismarck
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2012-07-25 17:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

allyka said: »
Not considering the MND/skill benefits that comes with some fastcast/haste gear, I don't think +50HP curing power > an 80% casting time reduction and 2-3 seconds off the cure recast timer.

You're doing it wrong. You should be using casting time reduction gear and fast cast gear in your precast set. The casting time reduction gear doesn't benefit you when you finish casting the spell; however, the fast cast gear would by decreasing your recast.

Sorry had to edit my post.
By allyka 2012-07-25 17:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Azagthothe said: »
allyka said: »

You're doing it wrong. You should be using casting time reduction gear and fast cast gear in your precast set. The casting time reduction gear doesn't benefit you when you finish casting the spell; however, the fast cast gear would by decreasing your recast.

Sorry had to edit my post.

From what I experienced with Spellcast, if your precast set has a high cure casting reduction, there is a big chance that you will end up curing in your precast set. The same thing can happen when quickcast procs. Besides,there are only like 2 or 3 pieces of gear that only reduce cure casting. In my sets, I only wear the feet.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14