Cerberus.Sevvy
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-04-02 19:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't have time to gather my BarX set but here is what I currently use:

Healing Precast:

In that set I am -81% cure cast time with merits of course which is 1% over the limit but cant figure how to maximize the set while losing the extra 1% so I keep them. Also trying to figure out how apply Light Arts to it all since I play /SCH. Genbus Shield augment is -8% Cure Cast time and +5% Cure Potency.

Cure/Curaga Cast:

Call me odd but I use the same set for Cure and Curaga. The Genbus Shield has +5% cure potency and the zenith pumps +1 have +4%. In this set I have +44 Healing Magic Skill (Which I know I can increase) and +52 MND which is a boon as well.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-02 19:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you're 2% over cure cap as well, if my math is right, meaning you could drop the Orison earring for another MND earring, or something.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-04-02 20:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah it is at 52% can drop Orison and do a MND/Healing skill earring. Thanks boys~
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-02 21:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't using staff be better? You could drop neck and ear and use more healing skill on the grip as well.

Staff 24
hands 4
back 4
feet 4
head 10
ear 5

with a gain of: -5 tefnut, grip +3, colossus +7/10, ear +3 = 8/11
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 22:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I also agree, use staff and make a fast cast staff to go along with it if you have the time so can lower the amount of precast gear you need to equip and start introducing midcast gear during precast.
 Fenrir.Aleste
Server: Fenrir
user: Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-04-03 10:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My current, and projected cure sets...

Current set:

This is what I'm currently using for the meantime for all cure spells; it's a bit of a mix of capped potency and -enm.

Cure 1-4 set:

Rather similar to the maximum possible set, with a little juggling to get a large amount of -enm in. The overall reduction in cure power is noteworthy, although I feel that the decreased enmity generation is worth it.

Cure 5/6 set:

Considering the fixed enmity generation on cure5/6, it would be more preferential to cast aiming for the largest cure possible, and thus utilizing AF3 pants to bring the efficiency up much as possible.

I'm still mulling over lightsday/weather sets...
[+]
 Cerberus.Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-04-03 12:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know why but I have some restraint against staff, I like my club and shield combo.
By Brolli 2012-04-03 12:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Why people still use arka4 :\, tef wand and shield combo is better. Cure casting speed is very important, specially on voidwatch. i also notice most of the sets posted on this thread have no casting speed at all
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-04-03 12:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you miss the amount of precast sets? or are you one of those people who cure in Cure Clogs
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ganukay
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ganukay
By Ragnarok.Ganukay 2012-04-03 13:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »
Why people still use arka4 :\, tef wand and shield combo is better. Cure casting speed is very important, specially on voidwatch. i also notice most of the sets posted on this thread have no casting speed at all
Of course cure casting speed is important, but you don't need the shield for it, and not a good enough reason to buy a Tefnut wand when you can cap cure casting speed - without the shield. Especially for those of us who put all the work into the staff already.

This is what I'm using now.

cure precast

I'm fine with where this set is, it's not too fast for spellcast to change into my cure potency set, and it's pretty close to cap.

Cures

1% short of cure potency cap and 4 healing skill short of skill cap, with merits. Still working out a way to cap cure potency with my current gear options.

Curagas
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-04-03 13:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is a good reason why I miss the [-] button.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-04-03 13:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to ignore the cure casting speed comment... anyone willing to macro-swap so many items to gain peak efficiency will no doubt be using a proper precast set. There are plenty in this thread, and they don't really deviate much.

Although, just for clarification. Tefnut/genbu combo performs worse:

The tefnut combo has always performed worse than the staff equivalent beaten surya+2 by a few HP under certain circumstances. Although, I've never felt that it's more worthwhile to full-time it and gain the club benefit, than to toggle between owleyes (idle) and Arka4 (curing).

EDIT:// Corrected strike-through. Source: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/23864/tefnut-wand-vs-suryas-staff-2/#1444766
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-04-03 13:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

This post is a good reason why I like the [+] button.
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-04-03 13:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Arka IV when idling in Terra's Staff, and Tefnut when idling in Owleyes, so I don't run into issues of gear swap clashes when trying to equip the shield or grip.

My precast sets for staff and club (still lots of room for improvement):

56% in gear (62% with Genbu's Shield) and 20% in merits puts me at 76%-82% before accounting for subjob. /sch should put me at ~78% when using a staff. I have no intention of getting a -cast time magian staff since that would remove a huge chunk of cure potency when quick cast procs (or if spellcast lags).

Ideal precast set (I think):

Genbu's: 5% potency/8% cast time augment
Swith +1: 4% fast cast

Total fast cast: 79% cast time before subjob. Could get another 1% easily enough, but kind of pointless since subjob should push it to 80% regardless, and even if it's possible to go higher than 80%, it's impractical to take advantage of it given that 80% cast time reduction means 0.5 seconds between start and end of cast. Putting potency/skill everywhere else in case of quick cast.

Totals:
Fast cast: 79%
Potency: 50%
Skill: +58
Mnd: +57
Vit: +3

Numbers for hume whm/sch with capped healing magic skill, in case of quick cast:
Code
                       Cure 1  Cure 2  Cure 3  Cure 4  Cure 5  Cure 6
Skill           482                                             
Mnd             148                                             
Vit             86                                              
Power:          577     63      138     315     590     743     936
Potency:        50%     94      207     472     885     1114    1404
Cureskin        25%     23      51      118     221     278     300
Total:                  117     258     590     1106    1392    1704

Doesn't look like it's possible to improve on that with staff. Staff adds 4% cure potency, but the only other items with cure potency that might potentially get swapped (orison head, heka body, roundel earring) leave you at a net power potency deficit.

Totals:
Fast cast: 81%
Potency: 50%
Skill: +49
Mnd: +47
Vit: -1

So you lose 9 skill, 10 mnd and 4 vit for 2% quick cast and 1%-2% fast cast. (suppose you could drop Loq to put it at the same fast cast as club, and replace with 3-4 mnd from earring to close the power gap a smidge, but doesn't seem worthwhile)

edit: why my sets no show up? Thanks Aleste
edit2: goofed on the numbers; fixed.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-03 14:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Tefnut has performed better than Surya's staff at one point. That was updates ago though. If you used medicine ring you would do better with Tefnut back then, if you didn't then only 50% of the time you would do better.

This all came down to what equipment you used and how much of an enmity lover you are.

Now that you have access to Arka staffs with the capability of using cure potency and -cast time you should no longer be using Tefnut. I supported Tefnut back when it was during the Surya +2 stage and even +3, I would no longer support Tefnut now that you just gain too much power now that you can macro in different stages of the Arka staff.

Building not only a cure potency staff but a -cast time staff is very powerful now. It saves you space in the end because of the massive -cast time letting you use only 3-4 pieces of equipment for fast cast depending on how fast you want your precast to be.

Do not use Tefnut if you have the time to make Arka staffs, it no longer can compete with it like it use to back when +2 or even +3 staffs were around. If you can't spend the time to make them then Tefnut is still the best choice, you'll just be missing out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Numot
Server: Lakshmi
user: bladewing
By Lakshmi.Numot 2012-04-03 15:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
-cast time staff

The light one I assume... wow that is some work for that staff... really worth that effort?
By joelchiquito 2012-04-03 17:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

Awww poor guy missing the - button. For some reason it have been removed. Scragg should do the same for the + button, since there is certain group with the same people pressing it everywhere to troll other posts. Makes it evident that ratings doesn't matter for most users on this website but for the usual puppets that care about it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-03 17:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Numot said: »
Quote:
-cast time staff

The light one I assume... wow that is some work for that staff... really worth that effort?
You can reduce your required equipment for precast down to 3-4 pieces of equipment allowing you to start introducing in midcast gear during precast. This allows you to keep your midcast equipment while reducing your overall cast time of cure spells making it very worth it rather than using 5-6 pieces that only have 1-3% fast cast on them.

And honestly with Abyssea and atma's it really isn't that much of an effort doing them, hardest part of the whole process is just starting it.
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2012-04-03 18:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Phoenix/Lithical

the best whm that exist right now in all of FFXI and will ever exist.

any and ALL questions will be directed to him. Dont even try to tell me your better.

Btw he also just finished ( well a week ago ) the Nyzul 100 set for Mages.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-03 18:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That was rude, unnecessary, and incredibly biased. Good for you.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-03 18:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said: »

any and ALL questions will be directed to him. Dont even try to tell me your better.

Any math to back that up?
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2012-04-03 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

no one is this thread will ever hold a candle to Lithical in what he does. so no it wasnt rude or biased its fact.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-04-03 18:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

well no one gives a ***what you think
[+]
 Fenrir.Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-04-03 18:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd hate to see a good thread go off-topic... although.

=His barspell set=

Change Augur gloves to AF3+2, and Zenith crown to af3+2. Add on second +enh. skill earring. Looses 1 elemental resist. Gains 4% negate.

First obvious thing I noticed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2012-04-03 18:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that the 99 gear thread isnt including obvious upgrades from Nyuzl 100 is making this thread off topic
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-03 19:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that the 99 gear thread isnt including obvious upgrades from Nyuzl 100 is making this thread off topic
Name one piece you'd use in a cure set as WHM.
[+]
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2012-04-03 19:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »

Any math to back that up?

He is indeed the best WHM I have seen in a long *** time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14