Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM optimal gear at 99
WHM optimal gear at 99
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14
By Ashandarei 2012-10-21 01:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
Phoenix.Seshat said: »
For healing magic itself:

Switch Hyksos khat +1 for Af3+2 head based on personal preference. AF3 allows for potential chance at a divine veil proc if multiple people are cursed, however higher healing magic skill increases the chances of curse/doom being removed.

As far as best haste set:

That is what I cast haste in. 26% haste with left over fast cast from the pre-cast. Pre-cast includes Anhur Robe. Goliard Saio is exchangeable with the Neo-Limbus bodies from Arch-Ultima if you're able to/have access to it as well.

In the haste set, switch Blessed Hands +1 for Rubeus, and get a Capricorn Staff+Arbuda Grip. More fastcast.

Final Recast = floor( [1 - ((Fast Cast / 2) + 10)] * ( [1 - Haste] * Recast ) )

In this case, haste caps at 25%. The gear set in question has 25%(26 but gear haste caps a 256/1024). And 17% Fast Cast from gear, the extra 10 in the equation is to account for the light arts from /sch. And the recast of haste is 20 seconds.

Research done by Kirschy on BG shows that you round to the 10ths place after every calculation to come up w/ the most accurate conclusion so...

Final Recast = Floor ( [1 - ((17% / 2) + 10%)] * ( [1 - 25%] * 20 ) )

Final Recast = Floor ( [1 - ( .2 ) ] * ( [ .8 ] * 20 ) )

Final Recast = Floor ( [ .8 ] * ( 16) )

Final Recast = Floor ( 12.8 )

FR = 12

Now... I don't know why I did all that just to say that adding a 3rd piece of Rubeus doesn't offer more Fast cast as 2 or 3 pieces add 4% fast cast while 4 or 5 add 10% fast cast. But yeah. There's the math.
[+]
 Phoenix.Seshat
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: maeko91
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-10-21 01:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste effects recast time. It's what I cast the spell haste in. I have an 8 second recast without prior existing buffs (March or embrava) and 4 with. That's not my fast cast set as far as pre-cast for cures I'm at 76/80. Any higher and speakeasy doesn't pick up certain equipment slots in time. Also, /sch.

47 days later it may not be the current best anymore (5 percent on body for example to reach the haste cap) but it was posted to show no difference on the recast of cursna without a healing magic build.

And what Ash said. Posting from my phone atm. Math is appreciated.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-10-21 10:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maeldiar said:
How much -cure casting time/fast cast gear can I use in a windower script macro without it failing to swap gear with a /wait 1 command. I have spell cast but every time I make one successfully it somehow fails like 3 days later so I gave up :\
Here are a few tips I hope can help people that struggle with precast/midcast issues. These can apply to scripts and xmls.

Put all your midcast gear that isn't -casting time/FC in your precast set. This will ensure it's equipped instead of your idle gear when the spell goes off, even if the gear swap fails. I've seen people put only the -casting time/FC gear in their precast.

Make sure there is 50% cure potency in your precast set. Doing so will make sure there will be 50% when the spell goes off. Avoid putting -cure casting time gear in your precast slots that have cure potency. Doing so will most likely leave you with a weaker cure if the swap fails.

Try getting pieces of gear that have -cure casting time that can be used in both precast and midcast. Orison pantaloons +2, Iaso Mitra, Iaso Boots, and Zenith Pumps(+1)(The NQ can get +3% cure potency and -7 cure casting time, HQ +4%/-8cct) are good pieces. Heka's Kalasiris is a great piece because you can idle in it, precast in it, and if your gear doesn't swap during a cure, you will still benefit from the cure potency.

A Whm/Sch can get a significant amount of great -cure casting time gear with relative ease. 20% from merits, 10% from light arts, 12% from Orison Pantaloons +2, -7% or -8% from Zenith Pumps(+1), and -15% from Heka's Kalasiris is already 65%. 65% may be close to the "sweet spot" some need.

Here is what I use:
Precast

Midcast

Zenith Pumps +1 have +4% cure potency and -7% cure casting time.
The only two pieces I swap are Heka's Kalasiris to Orison Bliaud +2 and Orison Locket to Phalaina Locket. This set gives me 69% -cure casting time, which works for me.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-10-21 16:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
If anyone is bored the Arka I is outstanding as well for that, nvm the deadly solace nukes ftw

To add to that, given the fact the majority of WHM spells are light based, Akra I essentially acts like a Fast Cast piece for WHM. It is not too hard to build in the current age of Abyssea. Mob a bunch of things for the Light Damage trial, start Cata burning and then finish with a Banishga II. Rinse and repeat.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-10-22 15:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

With the gear I have this is the max fast cast/cure cast reduction I can come up with. Could add Arka I, veela cape, vivid strap but as said before better to have cure potency in case spell cast fails.

From values on bg wiki, merits, and light arts I believe this puts me at 93% reduction, which busts the cap and the ability to gear swap. Could I then delete my merits and use them in regen/banish (for mul)? That would put me at 73%. Or is that still to fast for spellcast?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-10-22 17:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

.xml i found and edited to suit my gear. Did some testing with the gear swapping using my set posted above but intentionally left out Arka IV/tempered cape/augur hands on the precast so you could notice the difference if gear didn't swap in time.

By testing, went to abyssea to cancel HP buff. Did the //sc set cureprecast command and opened my equip window to block any gear swaps spell cast might try to do. Did a cure III for only 351.

Next I reset to idle gear and left the equip window closed to allow the program to run normal. Cure III for 492.

Now this tells me that gear is swapping in time because I'm getting the extra potency, ergo also getting stoneskin boost from AF3+2 body. Can anyone point out a flaw in this conclusion?

midcast delay is .1
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-22 17:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
That would put me at 73%. Or is that still to fast for spellcast?
75% is the highest with spellcast.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-10-22 18:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

But just did that test, had 93% and worked fine. That was solo though, no idea if it will hold up in say legion with a bit more latency.

Either way, 73% is plenty in my opinion so can finally delete them cure cast merits.
By Ashandarei 2012-10-22 18:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
But just did that test, had 93% and worked fine. That was solo though, no idea if it will hold up in say legion with a bit more latency.

Either way, 73% is plenty in my opinion so can finally delete them cure cast merits.

80% is the cap so 93% isn't even possible.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-10-22 18:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this already, wasn't the point.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-10-22 20:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Except the fact that you need to use a PLD still baffles me. From the groups that I've spoken with, when they used to use PLDs they held the other mobs while zerging the first -> repeat for the following. Holding/Kiting falls under the same category if ***hits the fan.

Might be time for you to start reading informative sites/forums since what's been posted here by other well known people isn't getting through to you. BG would be a nice start.
If you're not holding or kiting the other mobs in Legion what are they doing while you kill the first one? Not had alot of experience with this event myself, but the run's I have done we had a PLD holding 2 of them.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-23 08:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Except the fact that you need to use a PLD still baffles me. From the groups that I've spoken with, when they used to use PLDs they held the other mobs while zerging the first -> repeat for the following. Holding/Kiting falls under the same category if ***hits the fan.

Might be time for you to start reading informative sites/forums since what's been posted here by other well known people isn't getting through to you. BG would be a nice start.
If you're not holding or kiting the other mobs in Legion what are they doing while you kill the first one? Not had alot of experience with this event myself, but the run's I have done we had a PLD holding 2 of them.
Jeez. You're critiqueing(sp?) her for a post she made aaaaaaaages ago. <_<
Also, doesn't this answer your question? I'm not really sure, but.

From the groups that I've spoken with, when they used to use PLDs they held the other mobs while zerging the first -> repeat for the following.
Should answer your question, right? <_<
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-10-24 00:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't a criticism, was a question. They said "used to" use PLD`s, suggesting that they no longer do. I was asking how they do it now, for informative purposes.
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-10-24 01:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the hall from what I know. Can use a basic DD/RDM kiter, PLD, whichever really depending on skill and knowledge. However, with the Embrava/PD nerf to come I'm sure strategies will be changing. Working on forming up a new group. Problem is people who want to do Legion on my server are in groups or aren't competent.

However, the main purpose of those posts was to prove a point about the cure updates moreso than strategies for any one event. I still, even at this point in time, mainly use Cure 4/3 and -agas with no negative drawbacks. I operate based on mp efficiency to a ratio of HP cured as well as cureskin.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-24 01:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just smack ***'s face in with my club.
[+]
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-10-24 01:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how real WHMs roll.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
By Arziet 2012-12-03 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Best Idle set?

Nares Trews

Wirve Hairpin

Serpentine feet/hands

Orison +2 body

Oneiros Grip

Moonshade earring

7/tic

Is there anything I am missing to look for as a goal?
VIP
By Jassik 2012-12-03 11:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Heka's head/body is 3/tick as well, if you have heka and no hairpin, that's the route I'd take. And unless you have no dd jobs, I'd never take refresh moonshade.

Owleyes club also has 1/tick
By Arziet 2012-12-03 11:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I am only planning on playing whm main + blm: maybe rdm sch smn a little. thanks I did not know 3 a tic
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-05 12:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can WHMs hit 500 enhancing atm? My math might be off but I'm coming up with something like 496 skill if you have perfect gear + merits.

Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-05 12:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch white Mage can hit like 519.
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-12-05 12:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Can WHMs hit 500 enhancing atm? My math might be off but I'm coming up with something like 496 skill if you have perfect gear + merits.

Is not possible to hit 500 w/o /sch.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-05 13:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, right, /SCH. Durr. Forgot about that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2012-12-05 14:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of forgot all about Healer's mitts +1 for some reason, so I was wondering if this set

49% Cure potency, +60 Healing, +49 MND, -15Enmity

would be better than this set:

51% Cure potency, +53 Healing, +49 MND, -8Enmity (Cure caps at 50%)

I'm missing some derp stuff because it never comes on the AH anymore, Bishop's sash would be better than Pythia right? :x Also, Iaso Mitra would fix all my problems, but I'm positive that won't happen anytime soon, lol.

I could also replace Orison with Nares to change other things out, but getting that MP back is way too nice... no Rubeus or Zenith boots also, going to have to work on that D:<

I'm open for suggestions. ^^; Thanks for looking
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-05 15:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@Crystalchan
I think what you got right now is more than adequate, no matter which way you go. bishop's sash is definitely better than pythia sash +1 for Cures but the uses of Bishop's is limiting compared to Pythia +1, so I'm of opinion that it's not worth the +1 inventory space. Iaso mitra would make everything perfect, as you've mentioned, so I would strive to get that if you can.

I am highly against switching out orison pantaloons +2 for Nares trews. As you've said, the MP return is very nice and I feel is absolutely irreplacable in any Cure set.

I don't think there's too much you can change in your sets. You have all the key components already and what you change will be a matter of playstyle at this point in time. I would consider some Conserve MP pieces if you have a few lying around for Cure V's when you need to use them as it will help bring your MP effeiciency on Cure V's in line with the lower Cure tiers. Last I checked, Cure V gets some pretty minimal increases once you exceed the 500 power threshold, which is not hard at all to do as a WHM.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-05 16:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

wait what? cure V is not the most MP efficient cure and doesn't get much increase beyond 500? Mine do over 1000 and are VERY MP efficient.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-12-05 16:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That set with -8 Enmity gives me pause. How much -Enmity are people rolling with these days?

There are essentially two non-dozeworthy events for WHM these days where gear min/maxing and performance can really set you apart: Odin v.2 and Legion. In Legion, monsters typically die fast enough so -Enmity doesn't matter. In Odin v.2, however, since it is an old-school endurance fight that can last 15+ minutes, an -Enmity build will matter. Are other people going below -10 gear Enmity?
 Bahamut.Camaroz
Server: Bahamut
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2012-12-05 16:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
wait what? cure V is not the most MP efficient cure and doesn't get much increase beyond 500? Mine do over 1000 and are VERY MP efficient.

Is this a joke? It's not funny.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-05 16:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Camaroz said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

Is this a joke? It's not funny.

Totally, and cure vi is the lowest emnity.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14