First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 04:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just, in my mind anyways, if SE's goal was to bring back old events so players have more things to do than just two events then there should be gear more evenly spread out across all events that players will want to do and continue to do to get the equipment they want.

From what I see is they just are bringing back old content to keep themselves alive and each new event is replacing another event, so we still only keep 2-3 events around.

I'm just hoping that the new VW chapter, Legion, Limbus, Nyzul, Salvage, ZNM, and Einherjar system will work together instead of working against each other, if that makes sense.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-06 04:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that was just part of the reason I left as well. I feared that nothing new gear wise was going to come out that was really amazing or awesome to get that would outdate what I had when I left.

I guess I just lost the motavation to put that much work into gear that was a minor upgrade. I still see what comes out now, mostly for COR since that was my favorite job, and this update seemed to really be lacking for COR. Granted my views might be sort sighted as I probably don't take into account gear for all jobs.

I just remember something like say, E body, and Byakko's being so good for so long.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-06 04:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Just, in my mind anyways, if SE's goal was to bring back old events so players have more things to do than just two events then there should be gear more evenly spread out across all events that players will want to do and continue to do to get the equipment they want.

From what I see is they just are bringing back old content to keep themselves alive and each new event is replacing another event, so we still only keep 2-3 events around.

I'm just hoping that the new VW chapter, Legion, Limbus, Nyzul, Salvage, ZNM, and Einherjar system will work together instead of working against each other, if that makes sense.

Well, the thing I see with that is, is knowing SE, they will add a few good pieces across all events, but make the drop rate horrible/put in time limits as to how much you can do the event, in order to stretch out content.

Salvage comes to mind as something that was like that.

I mean, I don't want things to be handed to me, but don't want to wait for ever on something just because it has a 1% drop rate.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 04:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Synergism between them would be preferable, and I'm giving SE the benefit of the doubt and saying that we don't have a lot to worry about. Overall it really seems like they're building new content while building up the older content. We're essentially getting "double" the content in the same amount of time, roughly, if not slightly faster, that it took them to release new systems in the past.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 04:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the beastmen strongholds to be stronger :\ just seemed so pathetic walking through them at 75.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 04:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh it's sort of fitting. They're supposed to be weakened after the war, not a threat enough to be able to wipe out the country's best soldiers. Would be exciting though, at least in the past.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 04:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »

Well, the thing I see with that is, is knowing SE, they will add a few good pieces across all events, but make the drop rate horrible/put in time limits as to how much you can do the event, in order to stretch out content.

Salvage comes to mind as something that was like that.

I mean, I don't want things to be handed to me, but don't want to wait for ever on something just because it has a 1% drop rate.
I don't agree with 1% drop rates, but I do think that gear needs to take a bit of time to get. The development team isn't very large at all, so it takes time to get content out. By using content already in place all they need to do is upgrade the content which saves time and money, and getting new content out faster is nice even if it is old content (at least the events were popular).
By GraddHelian 2012-02-06 05:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the beastmen strongholds to be stronger :\ just seemed so pathetic walking through them at 75.

The present day Beastmen strongholds were pathetic yea, but low man farming the NMs in the Past strongholds that dropped the boxes for the BCNMs was fun as hell at 75 X=
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 05:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yea loved SCNM
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-06 06:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when i did "The Buried God" SCNM two years ago, one my ls members was after Zha'Go's Barbut, ofcourse it didnt drop, but i was lucky to get Headsman's Ring at the time ^_^.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 06:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Those fights actually required a decent level of coordination, they weren't jokes. That's why I enjoy fights like Botulus Rex to an extent, though they don't harbor all out strategy like the SCNM and other such fights did, they have a little bit of that tang.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-02-06 06:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i think i died from AoE TP move like 5 times lol.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 19:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on topic today, about curing:

02-06-2012 07:42 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

Here are some responses from the development team to questions regarding the cure potency adjustments.

Quote:
Was receiving benefits from stacking MND put off?
After looking into various possibilities such a MND and healing magic skill itself, we decided to go with adjustments to healing magic skill after considering the benefits this would give to jobs that possess this skill. MND affects cure potency more than in the past and the effect will remain as it is.

Quote:
Will there be any changes to the success rate of removing Death?
With the current system, the higher the healing magic skill, the higher the success rate will be. However, to balance this with the rate of success of Holy Water, there is no 100% success rate even if your skill is very high.

Quote:
Will the values of blue magic-type healing spells also be increased?
Since the main focus of this adjustment is for Cure–Cure VI, there will be no changes to blue magic spell’s cure potency.

Quote:
With this adjustment, when using Cure IV with +50% cure potency, you can cure for around 850 HP, so it would be really nice if you could lower the amount of enmity gained after curing.
Since a fundamental rule of battle is that enmity increases as the amount of HP you restore increases, after considering the relationship of Cure V and Cure VI, this rule is being maintained. It would be best to mitigate this increase with Tranquil Heart and equipment that decreases enmity.
Subscribe
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2012-02-06 20:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice changes seeing Cure IV cure for so much, sucky that the enmity will be the same for mages though.

Getting really sick of seeing the word "Balance" by the dev team, I don't think they know what it means and since they use it so much it seems like the word has lost all meaning. :(
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 20:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lishje said: »
Nice changes seeing Cure IV cure for so much, sucky that the enmity will be the same for mages though.

Getting really sick of seeing the word "Balance" by the dev team, I don't think they know what it means and since they use it so much it seems like the word has lost all meaning. :(
Enmity will be even worse with Cure IV now for mages because they are curing for more.
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-02-06 20:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lishje said: »

Enmity will be even worse with Cure IV now for mages because they are curing for more.
PLD gonna be happy
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-06 20:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Curing enmity should not be an issue on anything these days. DDs will cap out far before you have a chance to get hate as a healer nowadays.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 20:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on topic today, about save TP:

02-06-2012 08:06 PM
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

The reason that we're adjusting the specifications for save TP is that we're working to prevent weapon skills from being executed non-stop when stacking save TP, store TP, and conserve TP. As such, there are no plans to increase the effect of Miser Roll because it would cancel out the point of the save TP adjustment. Miser Roll's save TP effect will still stack with other effects and equipment.
Subscribe
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 20:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Curing enmity should not be an issue on anything these days. DDs will cap out far before you have a chance to get hate as a healer nowadays.
Exactly, I just pointed out that enmity gain will be increasing with this update when using Cure IV and below.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-06 20:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on topic today, about save TP:

02-06-2012 08:06 PM
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

The reason that we're adjusting the specifications for save TP is that we're working to prevent weapon skills from being executed non-stop when stacking save TP, store TP, and conserve TP. As such, there are no plans to increase the effect of Miser Roll because it would cancel out the point of the save TP adjustment. Miser Roll's save TP effect will still stack with other effects and equipment.
Subscribe

or just make it lvl75 cap again and remove all the new ***, that's what it seems like you want.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-06 21:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

850 Cure IV? O_o
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-06 21:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiply what you can currently do by 40% and... yeah.

Disappointed about no blue magic changes. ~520 Magic Fruits (~600 with dedicated curepot weapon+Genbu's) with a very strong set really just isn't where it should be if they're going to buff everyone else. I'm not asking to cure for 800 but a 600ish Magic Fruit in normal weaponry would have been nice. That would have put us at a ~700 Magic Fruit in a dedicated healer role, with Plenilune Embrace coming close to new Cure IV values but falling severely behind from an MP efficiency perspective. SCH and RDM have a lot more MP to work with these days, so that is a strong limiting factor for content where choice of healer would actually matter in some capacity.

Just changing it so BLU spells operate off your blue magic skill instead of healing magic skill would have covered most of what's needed tbh.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-08 17:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Update on topic today:

02-08-2012 05:54 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

There were a few questions in regards to the enfeeble adjustments that we wanted to answer.

For those asking if additional effects on WS will rely on enfeeble skill once the adjustment takes place the answer is no, as the proc rate for a weapon skill’s additional effect is determined by the respective weapon’s skill rank (A, B, C, etc.)

In regards to whether or not these enfeeble adjustments would be applied to other enfeebling type effects from bloodpacts, songs, ninjutsu, and blue magic spells, etc, yes, these changes will be applied to any type of enfeebling effect that relies on skill. Also, automaton magic skill level will play a part in the calculation of enfeebles. However, additional effects on equipment (like Additional Effect: Silence) will not be subject to these adjustments.

When it comes to magic that enemies use, it will remain as it always has. These can be resisted through effects from bar-type spells, so they will not be affected by the adjustments.
Subscribe
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-08 18:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Proc rate is based off of skill rank.... Did we know that already? I suppose it isn't really relevant in the end, but still.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-08 18:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow...I didn't know that o_O
SE accidentally releasing mechanic information?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-02-08 18:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

WS with enfeebling effect potency based on Weapon Skill? Sounds Legit.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-02-08 18:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

02-06-2012 07:42 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Quote:
Will there be any changes to the success rate of removing Death?
With the current system, the higher the healing magic skill, the higher the success rate will be. However, to balance this with the rate of success of Holy Water, there is no 100% success rate even if your skill is very high.
Subscribe

So, uh, assuming Death was a bad translation and was meant to say "Doom", did they just confirm Healing Magic skill affects Cursna's ability to remove Doom after they sorta half implied that Healing Magic skill had no bearing on the how often Cursna removes Doom??? ~Confused~
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-08 18:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They say with the current system, so yeah, currently if you have a higher healing magic skill, you have a better success rate at removing doom.