Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-16 08:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This was the original post that had the implication that skill did nothing for Doom.

08-18-2011 04:52 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Quote:
Make it so the chances of curing Doom increase with higher healing magic skill.
Since there is also Holy Water when curing this is difficult, we’d like to monitor the current rate. Though it depends on luck and repeated attempts, but the recovery rate was set rather high so it can be cured before the countdown timer reaches zero.

So, yes, dated 2011 while the post I quoted in the previous page was dated 2012.

@Sawtelle + Callipso

I've been thinking a lot about Cursna testing myself (among a few other things, ugh, not enough time!). I figure I might as well share some of the ideas I've had for testing since I seem to not be the only person who would like to do this.

(1) The obvious question, does skill show a higher chance to remove doom?

(2) Does the level of the mob affect the potency of doom? IE, would it be easier to remove doom from a Tauri from Phomiuna Aqueducts versus one from Xarcabard (S)?

(3) Do the enhance Cursna pieces stack? Given some of the design choices shown in the past (like "Tonberry's Grudge" equipment), it may be entirely possible that you only need one piece of equipment despite the number of pieces of gear there actually is. In the same token, does an HQ crafted piece have a hidden effect "enhance Cursna II" while the NQ only has a tier I?

In terms of easily getting doomed, would a BLU in PvP spamming Mortal Ray on you be more reliable? Could the BLU come BLU/BLM with Elemental Seal to maximize the MACC of the spell? Or no luck with that. I know BLU Doom might not be the same as monster Doom, but you could probably use this as your baseline testing if you can get Doom stuck reliably enough, and the sixty second doom would allow for many failed casts of Cursna as well.

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Just my own crazy theory, but I'm just throwing this out there even though I've done no testing.

Nashira body has healing magic skill and haste, both useful for cursna, along with magic accuracy

lol.... I'd doubt it, but given SE's random coding at times, I somehow wouldn't be surprised either if that as the case >>;....
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-01-16 13:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Main(14) + head(10) + body(10) + legs(12) + feet(15) + merits(20) = 81, which is enough to cap you.

That leaves grip(-10), ammo(-25), neck(-40), earring(-45 -25), hands(-55), ring(-70 -50), back(-25), waist(-40). That's enough to cover you up to 1540hp. Even if you take out the HQ zenith and HQ swith cape, you're still covered up to 1500hp.

Assuming you have space, your preset set could cap out -cure casting time and activate your medicine ring at the same time.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-01-16 14:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still not entirely sure that's the post I'm thinking of. I want to say it was specific words from a dev saying that Healing Magic skill didn't effect the rate. But hey, I'm old and my memory is getting foggy so eh :p
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2013-01-18 10:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Main(14) + head(10) + body(10) + legs(12) + feet(15) + merits(20) = 81, which is enough to cap you.

That leaves grip(-10), ammo(-25), neck(-40), earring(-45 -25), hands(-55), ring(-70 -50), back(-25), waist(-40). That's enough to cover you up to 1540hp. Even if you take out the HQ zenith and HQ swith cape, you're still covered up to 1500hp.

Assuming you have space, your preset set could cap out -cure casting time and activate your medicine ring at the same time.
It's getting old pointing this out, but no one has deduced how different cast time stats stack together, nor has anyone truly proven an 80% overall cap on cast time reduction although the latter seems like a fairly safe bet.

For example if you have -60% cure cast and 20% fast cast, even assuming a cap of 80%, that doesn't mean you're capped. It could be that the reductions are compounded so it'd be 0.4% * 0.8% = 0.32% cast time or -68% instead of -80%.

My point being that it may not be wise to stop as soon as your total on paper hits 80%. The ability to cast quickly is THE single most important thing for a WHM in modern endgame. A little overkill never hurt anybody. :)

P.S. If you're using Spellcast to swap in a precast set, your spells can always be faster by taking that out and using your fast cast gear in your idle set to eliminate the precast delay. I know most people balk at that, but at -80% cast time, Cures cast in 500 milliseconds. If you have a precast delay of 100ms, you're adding 20% to that cast time.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-01-18 10:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm, I'm pretty sure the 80% cast time reduction cap has in fact been proven.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-18 11:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this post on BG, Affinity and Skill cast time is additive with Fast Cast.

This leads to the fact that Arka I + hyaline hat + anhur robe + orison pantaloons +2 will make 46% cast speed alone. (47% if you use Marduk's jubbah +1)

How that stacks with Cure cast time gear, I'm not sure. If additive, yes, it'll be 81%. If multiplicative, it'll be 1 * 0.54 (fast cast+etc) * 0.65 (cure cast time) = 0.351 or 35% of original cast time, which is still pretty darn fast.

Have to rush the last bit of my analysis, but if you add Fast Cast from /RDM or Light Arts from /SCH, you should be getting fairly close to your mark. How Light Arts casting time is calculated in the equation, I'm not entirely sure.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-01-23 08:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Relatively new to WHM, trying to max out my cure set.

Got 35 and 45 marduk head already so just wondering if its worth farming papers for tiara +1?

Here is my set/possible set (only difference is I have orison +2 rather than tiara +1 at this moment) which puts me @ 48/49 cure potency. Genbus augmented with cure potency + 3 and cure cast time - 7%

Any improvements? Thought this was solid but I'm not sure if I can get some better pieces to maybe sell Roundel?

Will post pre-cast set later that needs heavy work ; ;
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-01-23 08:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't ever try to sell Roundel. it's a pretty powerful piece for the ear. Are you by any chance ever working on an Arka IV? The 24% cure potency could let you change around your set a bit to be better.

This is my set right now, obviously it isn't the best, but zpumps have 3% potency (trying to get +1 <_<), can be augmented with healing magic too, which make it pretty nice curing feet. Whenever you swap around gear just remember 1power=1healingmagic=2mnd=4vit. (Or something like that). I think Tefnut/Boobie shield is kind of a weak combo because of the lack of more cure potency (but that's just me). Since you're getting Marduk's tiara +1 soon, I would lean towards improving to the set that was posted a page or so ago, the one Ghishlain posted. I have the 45 tiara and am trying to get plans to get the Marduk+1 head so I can pretend I have the mitra and just using /displayhead. :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-01-23 08:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to avoid Akra.... ; ; no particular reason, I just have done so many ToM weapons that I'm burnt out on waiting for weather and killing x mobs on x day with x damage.

Me and a friend had this discussion the other day actually xD

Cure Potency + 24% vs. MND+10, Healing Magic Skill + 5, Cure Potency + 18% and Cure Cast Time - 7%... I didn't work out the numbers but made an assumption that it was just as good if not better being that you get so many other bonuses other than the potency but you may be right.

I totally forgot that Z.Pumps get augmented. NQ caps @ +4 right?

edit: nope, caps @ +3 hence your going for the +1 comment >.<

This set (again, avoiding Akra just for argument's sake) would be
+ 48% 47% potency with some good boosts to healing magic in the other slots.

Now that it just dropped below 48% I guess it would be better with Akra. Dammit xD
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-01-23 08:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You pretty much won't be able to avoid Arka, the extra potency on it is really nice lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-01-23 08:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

{Hmmm.}

Does Tefnut have a niche use then? Feel like I see so many WHMs around that have it, unless its just for lulz
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2013-01-23 09:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

back in my WHM days all we had was a light staff and if you wanted a nobles tunic that was around 40m <.<
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-01-23 09:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
{Hmmm.}

Does Tefnut have a niche use then? Feel like I see so many WHMs around that have it, unless its just for lulz

At one point in time. Tefnut + perfect Genbu's allowed for a slightly better setup versus the same 20% on Surya's +2. Now, however, the extra 4% on an Arka IV opens up other gearing possibilities.

Arka IV's kill stages are honestly not that bad if you have help. Nyzul always has Light weather, for example, which should let you knock at least one kill stage out in no time. There's only one kill with Light damage stage. The bottled pixie stages are honestly the worst, though mitigated somewhat if you have the AN to warp around in the past.
The final kill stages aren't bad once you realize that pixies count as elementals, so you can still do them in Abyssea.

Also, an alternative, starter pairing for the hand/feet slots would be Augur's gloves and...whatever the best stats you have around for the boots (+2 are decent for the MND, Rubeus etc). Perfectly augmented Zenith+1 (or Iaso boots) with Healers Mitts+1 would be better, but probably harder to obtain.

Another consideration for your posted set is a Tempered cape over the Orethania's - has the same Cure% with a little Healing skill as well.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-01-23 10:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
leveling bst to 99 can really speed up the pixie trial too, unless you're a pro melee whm

BST can't equip the trial staff.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-01-23 10:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess if you feel like you can't melee down a level 70-something mage mob on a 99 WHM, spending the time to level BST first might be helpful. If you've leveled club and/or staff for blue procs though, would it really be an issue? I dunno, I did the trial on my main and mule at the same time, so I just killed with RDM.
By Shumo 2013-01-27 04:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to e
Asura.Isiolia said: »
leveling bst to 99 can really speed up the pixie trial too, unless you're a pro melee whm

You don't need to equip it for the pixie bottle trials.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-01-27 04:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shumo said: »
You don't need to e
Asura.Isiolia said: »

You don't need to equip it for the pixie bottle trials.

Killed all the yag's I needed on SAM xD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Inkuchou
user: niktok
By Sylph.Inkuchou 2013-02-25 21:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I found a great neck piece in Abyssea La Theine with fast cast +3 and hMP +3, and MND +4. I was just curious how the fast cast and the mind held up to the neckpiece with cure spellcasting time -10%?

FYI: It's an augmented Jewel Collar, seems close to perfect with the random roll if you ask me (although maybe +15 mp would be better than hMP in today's game...)

Will the other piece still trump this?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-02-25 22:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Start in the -10%, end in the fast cast, or cure potency. Although there is a new neck piece that has +5 FC(From meebles I think?)
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2013-02-25 22:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Orison neck has 5% FC
 Sylph.Inkuchou
user: niktok
By Sylph.Inkuchou 2013-02-25 22:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »
Orison neck has 5% FC

Thanks, should've looked through the rest of the gear before I let my excitement get the better of me. :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [329 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-01-20 16:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

in response to Krylon.. Our new WHM

Tamaxchi (22), gend caubeen (10-17), tempered cape (4), bokwus gloves rank 10 (13)

This will easily cap cure pot as it is not hard to get a +4 augment on the gendewitha caubeen. This is probably the bare minimum you should be shooting for in modern end-game. This set lets you use muse tariqah over genbu allowing you to save inventory space and money. (a good genbu can be expensive)

If you have roundel, orison earring, and a good genbu shield you can swap the bokwus gloves out for reforged whm af hands. (preferably item lvl 119)

You should always be curing in empyrean body and legs+2.

After that.. Pick between healing skill or mind and stack that in other slots. (I personally use a mix of both to save space.. Hence muse tariqah)

I'm sorry if the thread started discussing psomething else.. I got sick of reading and skipped to the end.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-02 17:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 319294

Would this now be Optimal or is there a better set using Arka 4?
By Heimdel 2014-02-02 18:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
ItemSet 319294

Would this now be Optimal or is there a better set using Arka 4?

I don't know how to do the item set thing but I have max pot and cast time and my cures are almost instant. I pre cast in arkvan body then end in Orison if single target or skirmish body if ga. Have augmented skirmish head and casting time reduction cape. Rings are fast cast ring and sirona with belt being witfull and fast cast ammo. Earrings is moonshade with refresh other is the 40 mp one with conserve mp and think bloodboon (sorry lousy remembering names). Then neck is the locket. Finally bokwus gloves and feet are cure clogs or whatever the -15% cast time ones are called. Then most other non cure spells have various fast cast and other spell enhancements built in.

Edit:I'm still using trials staff since also have refresh grip. I haven't decided if want change to club and shield yet.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14