WHM optimal gear at 99
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2013-01-02 19:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
But to answer the question on hand, the easiest answer is to start stacking Healing Skill. It seems like you're using quite the old school set there, which was great for Cures V's and VI's until a few months ago.

I thought the update for cure formula affected c1-c4 only? It was my understanding that MND was the most potent factor for c5 and c6?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2013-01-02 19:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Cure 5 and 6 are still healing magic dependant but their potency has been nerfed a bit

Curagas are the ones to stack mind

Yah i found it lol

Quote:
The power formula (1 skill = 2 mnd = 4 vit) is identical for all 6 of the single target cures; they just each have their own scaling rates.

Well then I guess I have to adjust my cure sets for whm now lol I've had separate sets for c1-c4 and c5/c6 up till now. I must have misunderstood it :/

Thank you for help guys :)

So then if mp isn't an issue likw VW and Abyssea. Would Clr. Pantaln. +2 be the best pants? or is there something else out there?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-02 19:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »
So then if mp isn't an issue likw VW and Abyssea. Would Clr. Pantaln. +2 be the best pants? or is there something else out there?

It depends on what other slots you're sacrificing to cap or nearly cap cure pot. The main reason why people prefer to use nares to help cap cure pot is not only does it have a pretty hefty amount of cure pot but it comes along with 14mnd which is a pretty nice combo.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2013-01-02 19:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »

It depends on what other slots you're sacrificing to cap or nearly cap cure pot. The main reason why people prefer to use nares to help cap cure pot is not only does it have a pretty hefty amount of cure pot but it comes along with 14mnd which is a pretty nice combo.

EDIT: Yah I dont think I can do 50% w/o using the pants can I?

I just put together this set with gear I have atm. EDIT: 51% potency. I don't have healer's mitts+1 atm.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-02 20:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

48% to 50% is perfectly acceptable, and that set will give you the means to put in the AF3+2 pants on the harder stuff you may need if necessary.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-01-02 22:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Errr...am I missing something?

24 + 10 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 5 = 53

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-01-02 23:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Errr...am I missing something?

24 + 10 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 5 = 53
they added roundel which was a healing earring when first posted

Pfft! I got that special arka4 with 20% cure potency! Yah I added wrong. Was rushing to grab gear from my sch cure set when I was posting that.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-03 08:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, my bad, was too tired to add properly last night~ lol >>; Ah well.

Thoughts on maximum recast set?

26% Haste, I think 30% 31% Fast Cast. Nabu's crackows is reported as 4% Fast Cast according to BG Wiki. EDITTED for chelona boots +1

Gear set would probably make a radical change if Marduk's +1 partial set bonus is recorded higher than 2%, but I highly doubt it'll be that high.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-01-03 08:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Chelona Boots +1 Is 5% fast cast.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-03 08:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Chelona Boots +1 Is 5% fast cast.

Updated, thanks ^^;
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-01-03 09:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Iaso legs can get augmented with 4 haste, Arbuda grip is likely better, 3 haste shoes will probably be better for recast than 5% fast cast(gear haste cap, nvm about that statement), and Magic acc staves are good to keep in mind.

Edit: Iaso are only an improvement if using the ToM staves due to gear haste cap. Arduba is better than vivid+1 for ToM also. Other than that can't think of any improvements.
[+]
By Miico 2013-01-03 09:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »

Pwnzone... When da last time u was on whm >.> You fake whm poster! =P

Cure Potency > Healing Magic > Mnd

Cure set | Them Iaso Boots just really sexy to me.

Cure fast cast

Enhancing Magic
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-03 09:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Iaso legs can get augmented with 4 haste, Arbuda grip is likely better, 3 haste shoes will probably be better for recast than 5% fast cast(gear haste cap, nvm about that statement), and Magic acc staves are good to keep in mind.

Edit: Iaso are only an improvement if using the ToM staves due to gear haste cap. Arduba is better than vivid+1 for ToM also. Other than that can't think of any improvements.

That's a good point, hurm. Wonder how hard it would be to make the Wind MACC staff for a WHM. The Light one will be easy to do, just time consuming. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks ^^

Miico said: »
Enhancing Magic

Ermm, can't use grip and a wand at the same time, my friend. ^^;...
By Norto 2013-01-03 15:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blessed Trousers +1 are also 4% haste, if going the ToM route and Iaso are out of reach.

Miico, besides the grip that Ghishlain pointed out, that cure casting time set is over the 80% cap, and would probably not allow you to swap to curing gear in time, I think.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-11 09:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a couple things I wanted to point out after doing a little bit of playing with sets for single target cures.

Stats in this post will be based on a Hume with fully MND + Healing Skill meritted as a career WHM with subjob SCH.

Math will be laid out as = Base Skill/Stat + Merits + Equipment bonus

As discussed earlier in the thread, this should be current ideal Curing set with Solace up:

Healing Skill = 424 + 16 + 85 = 525 power
MND = 91 + 12 + 33 = 136 = 68 Power
VIT = 83 + 0 + 3 = 86 = 21 Power

Total Power = 614

Versus Solace down:

Healing Skill = 424 + 16 + 80 = 520 power
MND = 91 + 12 + 47 = 150 = 75 Power

Total Power = 616

There really isn't a big difference in the sets, funny enough. I was expecting a larger difference but the Healing Magic +20 on orison bliaud +2 makes it a seriously nice piece regardless of the use of it's enhance Afflatus Solace effect or not. Even after you swap in Heka's kalasiris and start swapping out all your potency gear for Healing Skill Gear, you can barely get enough skill in the other slots to make up for the lose of +20 on the body.

And I know it's a bit of a resurgence on a slightly older topic, but I highly do not recommend using anything but orison pantaloons +2 in the legs slot because the extra benefit you'd get from the healing skill will be negligable at best for the amount of bonuses you get from refunded MP.

This is comparing solace up set with Orison vs cleric's pantaloons +2 (I don't believe there's a better leg piece, period, and puting in Nares trews and taking potency out of other slots for skill won't make up for the 18 skill legs provide)

Healing Skill = 424 + 16 + 103 = 543 power
MND = 91 + 12 + 26 = 129 = 64 Power

Total Power = 628

So, in total, the debate is 614 power vs 628 power

Cure III total
483 vs 487

Cure IV total
907 vs 916

Cure V total
1,131 vs 1,137

So, to me the lose of the MP effeciency isn't worth the extra 4 to 9 HP you could heal for.

[EDIT]Had wrong set poseted for Solace Up >>; lol...
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-01-15 04:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestion for cursna gearset?

did the healing skill vs doom removal ever get proven to be helpful?
By Norto 2013-01-15 16:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe SE has stated that healing skill does increase the chance of removing doom. I'm not sure if people prefer to go with a pure Healing Skill build for doom, or a mix of skill, "enhances Cursna effect" items and recast reduction, but I'd probably shoot for something like this if the latter (for non Yagrush owners):

You'd be able to incorporate all of the Cursna effect items, a pretty large chunk of healing skill, and 26% haste with this set, but not sure how practical this set would be to build/carry around. A build using some easier to get items could be:

Some might also prefer to use the AF3 head for a chance at the Divine Veil proc, if the mob uses AoE doom abilities.

I don't think there's been much (if any) testing on healing skill's and enh. Cursna's impact on increasing the success rate of removing doom. I'd be interested to see what gear people are using for this as well.

Edit: D'oh, totally forgot about Altruistic cape, added it to first set.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-01-15 17:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

TY

i didn't think to get two cursna rings
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-15 17:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that there has not been any notable/public testing for Cursna, as Norto has stated. For all we know, the enhnace Cursna effects don't stack, nor do we know if there is any "potency" attached to it. Play around with it (easier said than done, I know...) and see what suits you best.

Currently, I use high end Healing Skill set and it seems to help with the overall removal of Doom (though that could be a placebo effect). Similar to Norto's build, I stack skill for everything and put haste in slots where I don't have skill. Norto's top set is a bit extreme on the skill + haste hybrid set in my personal opinion, but it certainly is a very good set and I would recommend it if you have the space constraints for it.

Though Haste Shield, never knew it existed, good to know. lol.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-01-15 17:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Norto said: »
I believe SE has stated that healing skill does increase the chance of removing doom.

Actually, SE specifically said that healing skill doesn't effect Cursna.

There's been no testing to see if the "enhances cursna effect" stacks, or even what it actually does.

You're better off using haste/fc/af3 outside of ring/neck slot for Cursna.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-15 17:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Calipso, I'll have to respectfully disagree ^^;... assuming badly translated Doom in that post. But yeah, originally there was some passing mention that skill did nothing and than this came out and contradicted that. X-x...

Siren.Kalilla said: »
02-06-2012 07:42 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Quote:
Will there be any changes to the success rate of removing Death?
With the current system, the higher the healing magic skill, the higher the success rate will be. However, to balance this with the rate of success of Holy Water, there is no 100% success rate even if your skill is very high.
Subscribe
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-01-15 18:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ARKA II!
 Bahamut.Eorphere
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2013-01-15 18:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not read through the entire thread, but I have looked at some of the gear posted. Is medicine ring truly not part of the BEST curing set? I know it is not the easiest thing to proc; but one does, is it part of the best?

WHM used to be my main along with BLM. Things have changed. I am sad to say I have let my WHM fall to the wayside. But I still follow BLM and I see people at times still not include Sorc ring in optimal nuking builds.

I know someone has probably done the math. Let me know. Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-15 21:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
ARKA II!

Totally agreed. Damnit Sawtelle, now I definitely need to make an Arka II... curses! I have enough inventory issues as is!

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
I have not read through the entire thread, but I have looked at some of the gear posted. Is medicine ring truly not part of the BEST curing set? I know it is not the easiest thing to proc; but one does, is it part of the best?

WHM used to be my main along with BLM. Things have changed. I am sad to say I have let my WHM fall to the wayside. But I still follow BLM and I see people at times still not include Sorc ring in optimal nuking builds.

I know someone has probably done the math. Let me know. Thanks.

To be perfectly honest, medicine ring would be a great piece for any curing set if not for two reasons:

(1) Inventory Constraints [I currently run 85-90 pieces of gear on WHM, and you need to be carrying about 4-6 pieces of gear for a latent]
(2) Getting absolutely destroyed in the face by an errant super AoE in a high tier event

If you do manage to carry around the set while remaining safe, it opens up a ton of slots for better curing gear while still retaining a lot of bonuses from critical pieces.

Arka IV, Iaso mitra, roundel earring, and medicine ring will cap your potency while still maintaing orison bliaud +2 and orison pantaloons +2 and I think you could still get an additional 62 skill in the others slots. But again, the above constraints might limit your options in that regard. It is up to the player to judge if those bonuses outweigh the rather risky and space smothering style.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind using a Medicine Ring again if I could justify the space, but since I need like 10 pieces of gear to break Latent thanks to being a Galka, I can't X.x
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-01-15 22:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just my own crazy theory, but I'm just throwing this out there even though I've done no testing.

Nashira body has healing magic skill and haste, both useful for cursna, along with magic accuracy

Dun dun dun.

Or it can just be there for stun/drain/aspir purposes, so whatever.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-01-15 23:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's odd, I seem to remember a specific (official, not rumors) post about healing skill and cursna, so much to the point where myself and people I knew where editing out their Cursna part of spellcast... but for the life of me I can't find the post.

Sawtelle and I might go do some Cursna testing(low skill vs high skill, the rings/neck etc maybe) at some point.

Regarding the Medicine Ring, for any end-game event where you'll have embrava, the benefits of embrava will far outweigh any small possible set increase you'd get from using it. (You'd either have to click off Embrava or Idle in your -hp minus gear, which would probably be bad. There's a way to set up spellcast to equip -hp gear if your hp is above a certain %, but that would likely not swap in quickly enough if you're using precast gear, which you should be).

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-01-16 00:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Sawtelle and I might go do some Cursna testing

Is there a better way to get doom on yourself than Pil's gaze attack? I don't think so but might as well double check.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14