Some DRG Gear Help..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2020-03-17
364 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Some DRG gear help..
Some DRG gear help..
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-30 00:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If you have no Madrigals/Hunter's Roll we're back to square one. You routinely fight monsters that require at least 475 accuracy to cap hitrate on DRG?

EDIT: Since you haven't responded I'll say the answer for you: no. You can throw "balanced" around all you want, you've too much accuracy in your build for 99% of endgame targets if you're eating the proper food. Might I suggest a high accuracy TP macro for the 1% and a full haste TP macro for everything else?

Also, your SAM doesn't have a 6-hit.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 568
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-04-30 01:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
This is the set I use, it's at around 395 acc I believe before food. Not sure if I need to use rose strap or not and I use cletine because I don't want to spend any time/money on the job lol



My WS set pretty much sucks. Atm i'm aiming for heca hands and askar head/legs. Does anyone know off-hand how much Dex i'd need to reach at a merit camp using drakesbane?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-30 01:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
117 DEX for Greater Colibri (you won't cap on Mamools), Rose Strap is indeed needed to maintain your 6-hit since it's a 480 delay polearm.
 Seraph.Rafik
Offline
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
Posts: 1051
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 01:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Celes are your pentras doing more than drakesbane?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 568
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-04-30 01:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ha thanks I got a long way to go then >.> Think i'll be meriting on SAM for a while to come, it's so much easier to get a decent penta setup for me at least.

@ Rafik: TBH I don't know i've only ever used DRG in merit pt twice since I hit 75 4-5 months ago. I much prefer to use SAM as with cor/brd buffs and crab sushi I can penta for 1.5-2k. DRG only has about 90 dex sam has ~110... My drakes i think were doing around 750-900 iirc.
 Seraph.Rafik
Offline
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
Posts: 1051
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 01:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Ha thanks I got a long way to go then >.> Think i'll be meriting on SAM for a while to come, it's so much easier to get a decent penta setup for me at least.

@ Rafik: TBH I don't know i've only ever used DRG in merit pt twice since I hit 75 4-5 months ago. I much prefer to use SAM as with cor/brd buffs and crab sushi I can penta for 1.5-2k. DRG only has about 90 dex sam has ~110... My drakes i think were doing around 750-900 iirc.

ow

I dont like to merit on sam... I hate it when people turn the mob, when I have full overhelm. Yeah I love pentra on sam, more than my drg can do lol I prefer mnk over all other jobs...

Oh, btw I gave you some advice about your upcoming war on the other thread, not sure if you read it yet.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 568
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-04-30 01:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Seraph.Rafik said:
Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Ha thanks I got a long way to go then >.> Think i'll be meriting on SAM for a while to come, it's so much easier to get a decent penta setup for me at least. @ Rafik: TBH I don't know i've only ever used DRG in merit pt twice since I hit 75 4-5 months ago. I much prefer to use SAM as with cor/brd buffs and crab sushi I can penta for 1.5-2k. DRG only has about 90 dex sam has ~110... My drakes i think were doing around 750-900 iirc.
ow I dont like to merit on sam... I hate it when people turn the mob, when I have full overhelm. Yeah I love pentra on sam, more than my drg can do lol I prefer mnk over all other jobs... Oh, btw I gave you some advice about your upcoming war on the other thread, not sure if you read it yet.


Lol had to go look it up hadn't checked that thread after logging for bed.

Sadly I gave up on lvling War when I started my LS >< though I might start it up again soon. Aurum feet do suck to get probably won't finish war till I get them and heca body XD
 Seraph.Rafik
Offline
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
Posts: 1051
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 01:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Ha thanks I got a long way to go then >.> Think i'll be meriting on SAM for a while to come, it's so much easier to get a decent penta setup for me at least. @ Rafik: TBH I don't know i've only ever used DRG in merit pt twice since I hit 75 4-5 months ago. I much prefer to use SAM as with cor/brd buffs and crab sushi I can penta for 1.5-2k. DRG only has about 90 dex sam has ~110... My drakes i think were doing around 750-900 iirc.
ow I dont like to merit on sam... I hate it when people turn the mob, when I have full overhelm. Yeah I love pentra on sam, more than my drg can do lol I prefer mnk over all other jobs... Oh, btw I gave you some advice about your upcoming war on the other thread, not sure if you read it yet.


Lol had to go look it up hadn't checked that thread after logging for bed.

Sadly I gave up on lvling War when I started my LS >< though I might start it up again soon. Aurum feet do suck to get probably won't finish war till I get them and heca body XD


I mainly used war for einherjar, kirin burns and some sea when tomahawk was needed. Love to come /sam and be a mp sponge lol

Should finish war when you can, properly geared and well merited war is deadly.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Offline
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
Posts: 379
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-04-30 01:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
This thread keeps jumping all over the place XD but I guess better than a new thread.

I've settled on this for TP and WS for now:



Use Ulth ring cause been using pizza.. even if not, Iota is best I have for more acc there so just stick with it. Fowling instead of Assault earring = no thanks. Want to get that cape for acc eventually.



Optical hat cause idk keep getting like 3% return from Drakesbane.. will swap to Wyvern Helm once I get some merits or Askar when I get that. Iota once again.. 500k+ for a STR or DEX ring not worth it atm.

 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Greyfin
Posts: 471
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-04-30 02:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
My sam does not have a 6 hit with dusk gloves, but i switch to hachiman kote most of the time. Dusk gloves only if i have carbonara on for tanking/dd +6 hit.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 568
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-04-30 02:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I can't see you having any issues with that setup looks pretty solid to me and is pretty much what I was aiming to get at some point.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: krazyrs
Posts: 716
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-30 02:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
this set nets me 94% acc
why i choose askar over w.turban (uncapped acc)
Polearm merited 8/8
Thal has DEX+1 augment (+3 total)
Foragers has DEX+2 augment (str+3 dex+2 att+15) ('.')b


VS Birdies (117 DEX)
Neuvo is augmented for my PLD but the dex+5 lets me hit the 117 mark, str+5 too


Quote:
My sam does not have a 6 hit with dusk gloves, but i switch to hachiman kote most of the time. Dusk gloves only if i have carbonara on for tanking/dd +6 hit.
Dusk Gloves + Rose Strap - 20% haste 6 hit
Pole Grip + Hachi Kote - 17% haste 6 hit
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Greyfin
Posts: 471
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-04-30 02:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm about to get usu feet, and don't have enough time to do campaign to keep my medals up ;;
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: krazyrs
Posts: 716
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-30 02:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
usu feet - dusk gloves - pole grip works too =P
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Greyfin
Posts: 471
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-04-30 02:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yup, thats what i plan on, ive also been working on getting dusk gloves +1 :)
 Seraph.Rafik
Offline
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
Posts: 1051
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 02:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If the salvage gods are on your side :P

gl grey
 Ifrit.Jurai
Offline
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
Posts: 379
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-04-30 02:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
This isn't SAM section or thread.

What is the "117" DEX for?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: krazyrs
Posts: 716
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-30 02:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
cap rate @ birds
 Ifrit.Jurai
Offline
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
Posts: 379
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-04-30 02:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ok but caps what? Chance to crit? And if I dun do merits- does that # matter?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: krazyrs
Posts: 716
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-30 02:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yes its the crit rate cape vs birds AGI
prolly helps, i have 4/4 Crit Rate Up % as well



 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Greyfin
Posts: 471
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-04-30 02:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thanks, i have been lucky with 35 and 25s going 1/1 XD
i just need to get some people for a 15 run :O
 Valefor.Thioo
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Thio
Posts: 56
By Valefor.Thioo 2010-04-30 03:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Thanks, i have been lucky with 35 and 25s going 1/1 XD
i just need to get some people for a 15 run :O

I hate you.... I went like 1/3 on the 35's but finally went 1/24 on chariot. :'( but I have them now! :D
Log in to post.