Some DRG Gear Help..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Some DRG gear help..
Some DRG gear help..
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-15 15:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
What about Heca harness for ws compared to Askar or is it not worth it since it will mess with 6 hit?
Drakesbane is a crit WS and Zahak's/Aurum have a substantial amount of DEX, whereas Heca Harness does not. Skip it.
Quote:
Dunno if I could live without the extra 10acc though. Right now on WS I have 417ACC. Hecatomb cap is definitely awesome looking, but.. using it would mean a -21ish ACC reduction.
407 accuracy is plenty for nearly everything given appropriate food, so yes you could live without the extra 10 accuracy. I'd think you could manage 400+ accuracy without NHead though... what's your set?
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-15 15:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Zahak's and Aurum are kinda out of the question right now with my financial situation..and I had Heca already so I was just thinking about using it when I ding 75. So then is Askar with dex/str/attk better than heca with str/acc?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-15 15:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Askar has no DEX, so Heca would be better. Get a ZNM shell? I'd bet there's a few other ZNM pieces you could use between your various jobs.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-15 15:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol @ me for thinking Askar has dex lol..I honestly don't know what I was thinking..

I've been looking into a ZNM shell but with my current play time I am not sure I could find one..
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-04-16 02:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Night ya mention that I'd be able to 6-hit with Homam via Rose Strap but I can't ><

Normally goes 16, 33, 50, 66, 83, 100
With Homan and Rose it's 16, 33, 49, 66, 83, 99 :(

I guess that 1 extra point does matter- could get Chiv- but would only gain 10 then and idk that's really worth messing with..

Or is that close enough that it would count since I'm never gonna be starting at 0 basically?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-04-16 09:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
What about Heca harness for ws compared to Askar or is it not worth it since it will mess with 6 hit?
Drakesbane is a crit WS and Zahak's/Aurum have a substantial amount of DEX, whereas Heca Harness does not. Skip it.
Quote:
Dunno if I could live without the extra 10acc though. Right now on WS I have 417ACC. Hecatomb cap is definitely awesome looking, but.. using it would mean a -21ish ACC reduction.
407 accuracy is plenty for nearly everything given appropriate food, so yes you could live without the extra 10 accuracy. I'd think you could manage 400 accuracy without NHead though... what's your set?

For WS I have
base
79STR
62DEX

Fay Lance(95DMG 2STR -2%DMG) : Pole Grip : Tiphia Sting
Champions Galea(4STR 10ACC 5ATT 15WSACC) : Chiv Chain : Aesir Earring : Brutal Earring
Hecatomb Harness : Hecatomb Mittens : Ulthalum's : Rajas
Forager's : Warwolf : Askar Dirs : Hecatomb feet

There's a few obvious things like getting an astrolobe, using assault earring and using a different ring other then Ulthalum's.

I've got a couple other things like Aurum legs and Drachen hands +1, and I'm slowly working on a zmail. I'm also working on Love torque right now, am doing Einharjer and working on ares's legs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-16 17:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Night ya mention that I'd be able to 6-hit with Homam via Rose Strap but I can't ><

Normally goes 16, 33, 50, 66, 83, 100
With Homan and Rose it's 16, 33, 49, 66, 83, 99 :(

I guess that 1 extra point does matter- could get Chiv- but would only gain 10 then and idk that's really worth messing with..

Or is that close enough that it would count since I'm never gonna be starting at 0 basically?
It's not a true 6-hit, but the odds of missing all 3 additional hits of Drakesbane are really, really low so it doesn't really matter outside of getting Feather Tickled.

Glaciont: Chiv Chain -> Flame Gorget, there's 5 acc. That would net you just short of 400 acc on WS, there's other situational swaps you could make but that's the only notable one you didn't already mention.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-04-16 19:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rly? I was told that a Love torque was great for multi-hit WS's for DRG O.o.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-16 20:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep Glaciont. If you have maxed pole merits you will always get 11 acc from love. And since it seems you are an elvaan, you will need it to cap crits at birds. (If you care to make such a build someday that is). Otherwise i'd say they are tied, gorget getting a bit of an edge.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-04-16 21:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For the sake of starting a new thread...

Finally got a PCC the other day. Is it worth keeping for Chiv Chain for TP or WS? PA skill is capped and I have 4 PA merits atm (I will cap PA merits) and i'll write out my gear sets...

TP
Thal/Pole/.../Smart Grenade
Homam(Walmart)/PCC/Fowling/Brutal
Thrakon/Dusk/Rajas/Ecphoria
Cerb/Swift/Homam/Dusk

WS
Thal/Pole/.../Smart Grenade
Wyvern/Chiv.(PCC)/Fowling/Brutal
Thrakon/Drachen+1/Rajas/Ecphoria(Str or Dex here?)
Cerb/Warwolf/Askar/Marine

I am about 0/100 now on Askar body, trying not to pull my hair out getting it, but I'll have it eventually. I am working towards Homam hands/feet. I have also started Einherjar so I was wondering what I should go for from that (PLD is at 75 as well, and usually takes priority over DRG since I use it more at events...). Anyway, any criticism would be appreciated.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-16 22:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't go wrong with pcc lol, specially without the other homam pieces. Chiv chain +stp isn't doing anything, so just swap it out for good^^. The str+3 could actually be good for ws, but if you do wear pcc on the neck you can use a str+5 ring instead of ecphoria and get a better upgrade overall.

You were wondering what you should go after equip wise? well, if you get homam/skyheca you are pretty much set. That's a very good drg right there. You may want to work on a sea gorget (or love torque) too. After that the next upgrade is ares' stuff.

Since you use pld more, i guess you would want valkyrie armor pieces from einherjar then? Heca legs or heca cap are great upgrades that you could get there (if you cant camp kings). There is also valk fork, sadly i think it is just for show after the trial of the magians.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-16 22:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Rly? I was told that a Love torque was great for multi-hit WS's for DRG O.o.
It is great, but Flame's going to be better unless the DEX on Love Torque means something.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-04-16 23:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice. I actually added heca hat as a high priority on my Einherjar wishlist for my ls. Was more thinking about what to spend my ichor on. Is Iota ring worth it, and what about the Str/Dex necklace? I plan on getting back to Sky after I get my Homam hands/feet, and will probably make heca my priority there (every ls i have been in has broken up as soon as i was next up for w.legs). I wouldn't mind getting the V. Fork one bit, as I don't know if i have the time to invest in upgrading a Mag weapon.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-04-17 00:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

O.o you use Thrakon to WS? damn the times have changed
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-04-17 00:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For lack of a better body piece I do ;; Been trying to get a damn Askar body forever, finally ran out of tokens recently and am trying to save up to start doing 80 runs again. I don't do ZNM's so Aurum is not available, and Zahak's is a little outta my price range atm, though I'm seriously thinking about working on saving up for it. Just seems to me I could get alot of other gear for the 4-5 mil price tag of Zahaks.
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-04-29 22:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've started getting merits for DRG now and I got Deep Breathing x1 and Angon x1.

Not I'm not sure what to get now- as in the order of importance. I've already got STR 5/5 and I think Polearm is probably the most important but I already have max in offensive merits.

Because of that, I got those ability that I could use while I continue to get more merits instead of erasing stuff I have. I'm just not sure if I should continue this or go ahead and do Polearm asap?..
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 22:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do events on DRG I'd do Polearm > 5/5 Angon
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-29 22:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

did you get jumps recast already? This is a big increase in damage/tp over time too.
The way i did was pole->angon x1-> jump x5-> high jump x5 ->angon x4 ->->ages later for some reason-> deep breathing x5
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-04-29 22:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No I don't have any for group 1 yet. I figured actually getting my skill up would be more beneficial than Jumps a bit quicker.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-04-29 23:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

My current sets are as follows, they are still works in progress but should be a pretty good basis with the #'s i pump out.

TP
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=154017

WS
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=154018

Hope it helps !
I too want Aurum body ._.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-30 00:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You routinely fight monsters that require at least 475 accuracy to cap hitrate on DRG?
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 00:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You routinely fight monsters that require at least 475 accuracy to cap hitrate on DRG?

nah, just had to show off da pimp gear

sarcasm
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-30 00:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

nah, just had to show off da pimp gear

sarcasm
Dollars to donuts your sarcasm is truth. Shiny gear syndrome all over the place.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 00:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

who needs blitz ring and w. turban
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 00:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Greyfin was a cool guy, I dont know who this Nexdeus is.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-04-30 00:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Greyfin = Nex XD

Usually the stuff I do I have a brd rotation going on while I'm DRG, so I haven't had any acc issues :x
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 00:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Greyfin = Nex XD

sup
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-30 00:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said:
Greyfin = Nex XD

Usually the stuff I do I have a brd rotation going on while I'm DRG, so I haven't had any acc issues :x
That's kinda my point. Ace's -> Turban, Toreador's -> Blitz, and possibly Cuchu -> Cerb +1 depending. You can certainly afford to max haste slots though.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-04-30 00:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i suppose i could use those, but im not always in the situation to have multiple brd songs, otherwise i like my sets. They feel very balanced to me :)