Link | Quote | Reply

only prob is they are 71 though.... ; ;
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-29 07:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Palla's or Fourth Gauntlets are your best bet while leveling.

Neither are perfect, as you have to pick negative acc and STR or acc with no offensive stats.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 08:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

While leveling you will probably eat pizza so Pallas are no problem to use for most mobs.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-29 09:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
While leveling you will probably eat pizza so Pallas are no problem to use for most mobs.

True, certainly for imps/crawlers etc.

Although at the rate DRK gets invites you will be in campaign most of the time.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 09:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK invites aren't that bad on stuff you can use normal food on. I'll agree with colibri but for Imps/Crawlers DRK/SAM can be really good. DRK/SAM does about the same as WAR/SAM and that destroys at those camps.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-29 09:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

a good DRK does nice dmg on birds too. I went with 1k+ guillotine on birds at Lv 63 or so.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 09:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can hit that but I doubt you'll average it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-29 10:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

DRKs are essential on Imps as far as I'm concerned. Stun in that camp... you can't say enough about it.

Also, an oversight I've been making for a long time:

Snow Gorget vs Justice Torque
10acc 0.1fTP to first hit vs 5str 7atk 6~acc

0.1fTP = 2.58%~ damage increase, less if Double Attacks occur

5str 7atk will easily beat that. Now, looking at rings

Toreador's Ring => Triumph Ring is 7acc => 5str. Much worse tradeoff than above.

Potent Belt => Warwolf Belt is ~4acc => 5str. Again, much worse tradeoff than above.

Therefore generally speaking, before you trade off your accuracy ring or your Potent Belt, you want to stick in a Justice Torque if you have it there.

Dunno why I overlooked this for so long, feel free to correct any mistakes!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 10:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You overlooked it because you haven't been playing!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-29 10:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, when I was playing for a long time I overlooked it!

I mean granted in JT's case you have to fight off the fTP difference too (and SG is still a very good piece) but hm - still seems very much suited to JT's favour. I think I reasoned that the SG is better than it looks because you can almost guarantee the first hit to land - yet this was before pizza update, when nowadays you can almost guarantee all hits to land.

Hmm.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 10:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Still, if you can't get a JT (by buying or LS, they are quite expensive) then you should probably go with a gorget, right?
 Leviathan.Abriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-04-29 10:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

depending on your enemy, always gear for capped accuracy first, after that it's all atk gear. the only thing that's going to really benefit you after that is atk buffs. seriously, if you're not getting atk buffs from a brd +/- cor on high def enemies you're probably better off using great sword.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-29 10:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, Gorget easily beats anything else.
[+]
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Server: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-04-29 16:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set i currently use for Guillotine. I need to redo it though cause i have too much acc. Full scythe merits BTW.

WS helm is augmented with +10+15. I dont know why anyone would make anything different.

I'm 1 acc from cap on G.colibri (404)without food. This allows me to spam meat kabobs.

I need to do some tweaking though, cause i could fit alot more att or STR/MND when either Diabolic eye or souleater is up.

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By Thannatos 2010-06-17 00:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just use this as my WS gear for Guillotine:

My Nuevo has Accuracy+10, "Store TP"+4, "Subtle Blow"+4.
Lol @ the Wyvern Helm; I seriously need my Galea. @_@
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-07-07 16:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i use

i dont have the torque yet tho im one of the next in line so soon i hope ;; (use Ire torque atm when capped acc)

i use Pizza most the time and

8+317+((3*(81+39))/4)+83= 498ATT(prepizza)548ATT with pizza

i use Askar pants and chiv chain for midacc gear and still working on high ACC set i just swap to GS when scythe fails me lol..

wondering what else i could improve on ;; still new to DRK just got 80 and i was only 75 for about a month before levelcap raised
 Unicorn.Altninja
user: Leine
By Unicorn.Altninja 2010-07-07 16:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Champion's Galea 4STR 15WSACC / 4AGI 2%WSDMG
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-07 16:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My guillotine Build

Jar you should get a Haub +1 it should wipe the floor with Perle Body, only thing better for guillotine is E:body.

I switch between Cerb +1 and Cmantle depending on the Evasion of the mobs.
 Unicorn.Sedres
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-07-07 16:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine:

My DRK has been pretty neglected as of late, and I'm pretty acc heavy. I picked up Aurum Cuisses on the fly and sold my Black Cuisses for some inventory space, but aside from that and Fire Bomblet, it could be worse (IE Black Cuisses and Fire Bomblet would be a better option, but considering the level cap increase over the next few months, buying gear which will likely be made redundant seem's like a waste of time). Just debating on upgrading Redemption or Absolution Magian trial.

The OP's set is very different from mine, pretty STR/ATK heavy, which isn't wrong, just better depending on the situation. I find myself gearing for whatever I use the job for more, so if STR is working well for what events you enjoy, just stick with it I guess :)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-07 16:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay away from Aurum... Guillotine likes to feed off attk.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-07 17:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

iGuillotine. Have more sets than these (one before the first and one inbetween the first and second) but couldn't be bothered uploading those. More accuracy as you go down.

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 17:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to find a group to farm Bale belt and get a new scythe, I just hate magian trials. :/

My set gives me all the acc I need to most ***, Can throw in perle legs or life belt(preferabley bale or some of the new belts) if you need acc on High evasion things. This is a general set though. Hauby+1 wud be an ebody replacement and PCC/ancient could replace justice if you dont have those, but a free gorget is best, I just forget them half the time and leave on justice. :/
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-07 17:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Need to find a group to farm Bale belt and get a new scythe, I just hate magian trials. :/ My set gives me all the acc I need to most ***, Can throw in perle legs or life belt(preferabley bale or some of the new belts) if you need acc on High evasion things. This is a general set though. Hauby 1 wud be an ebody replacement and PCC/ancient could replace justice if you dont have those, but a free gorget is best, I just forget them half the time and leave on justice. :/

No abyssal earring?
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 17:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
No abyssal earring?

THF76 BLU75 NIN63. I also got suppi back in the day when DW war was used. It gives me more total use on 2 jobs atm and 1 future job.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-07 17:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
No abyssal earring?
THF76 BLU75 NIN63. I also got suppi back in the day when DW war was used. It gives me more total use on 2 jobs atm and 1 future job.

I did the same thing for blu and now I wish I didn't. I don't knwo enough blms to make me wanna throw out my suppa and retry DM with today's retards though. I might never win again.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 17:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't wanna retry since I have multiple jobs. If it was JUST thf, JUST blu or JUST nin later, id get.. actually i'd just get the sam one. DRK may be the best geared but it's still not as useful and easy to gear as lolsam. I'm blm anyway, selling my gear didn't make me not blm... go figure. It uses set earrings or different combos, no real benefit to abyssal other than selfish epeen for my drk.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-07-07 17:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't really find myself using this WS a whole lot, so build isn't close to perfect. would like Triumph Ring HQ heca
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-07 17:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't wanna retry since I have multiple jobs. If it was JUST thf, JUST blu or JUST nin later, id get.. actually i'd just get the sam one. DRK may be the best geared but it's still not as useful and easy to gear as lolsam. I'm blm anyway, selling my gear didn't make me not blm... go figure. It uses set earrings or different combos, no real benefit to abyssal other than selfish epeen for my drk.

Did you levle whm sub for blm yet!?! jk I remember that used to piss you off. Anyways derail over.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-07 17:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My whm is 42, doesn't bother me anymore, being able to haste tanks and ***randomly is nice. Will be rdm sub for convert though most likely. Will finish it to 49 later on, shuda AB when I had the chance but did smn instead... will have to do east ron pts and ***but it's not too bad if you dont get a total ***party. regen regn regen cure III rest. Repeat.

And yeah Mankey, HQ triumph is much better, I don't like -stat mods. I've been trying for +acc/dex augs on some NQ triumph, but no dice yet.
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-07-07 17:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah from what people say AF+1 feet and Hauberk +1 than i should be solid for awhile, while i work on Ebody and HQ stuff