users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Guillotine help
DRK Guillotine help
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-07 18:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty good equipment set-up for Guillotine.

You should consider upgrading AF+1 hands and see if you could afford a Fire Bomblet and/or Cuchulain's Mantle.

For rare/ex items, you could look into Nocturnus Mail, Abyssal Earring, and Justice Torque.

Black Cuisses are a good choice for legs. Other viable options are Aurum Cuisses and Perle Brayettes.

Hope this helps.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-07 19:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
No abyssal earring?
THF76 BLU75 NIN63. I also got suppi back in the day when DW war was used. It gives me more total use on 2 jobs atm and 1 future job.

I did the same thing for blu and now I wish I didn't. I don't knwo enough blms to make me wanna throw out my suppa and retry DM with today's retards though. I might never win again.

Have you tried the Super Tank strat? PLD/BLU can hit up to 999 defense and make the Angels hitting it look like a joke, if your interested can PM me and ill send you my strat.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-07 19:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Pretty good equipment set-up for Guillotine.

You should consider upgrading AF 1 hands and see if you could afford a Fire Bomblet and/or Cuchulain's Mantle.

For rare/ex items, you could look into Nocturnus Mail, Abyssal Earring, and Justice Torque.

Black Cuisses are a good choice for legs. Other viable options are Aurum Cuisses and Perle Brayettes.

Hope this helps.

Nocturnus Mail would be a downgrade from Haub +1 for guillotine for the same reasons I dont bother using Hecatomb harness.

I TP in Nocturnus and Guillotine in Haub +1. Guillotine Loves attack and attack loves it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jar
Server: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-07-08 01:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i dont wana cut my ATT gear for a little ACC from AF+1 hand bomblet or Cuch mantle unless i have to lol.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-08 01:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Setting aside accuracy, which we all should acknowledge capping is the most important aspect of any multi hit ws. Guillotine is a balancing act between raising the damage with STR (Which requires considerable amounts because of the low WSC2 of 25%) and scaling the damage to the high end with Attack.

This is the set I settled on, and it has proven effective, though there is room for improvement, not even counting HQ'ing some things like HctLegs/Head or Adaman body. Aesir Ear Pendants being the most apparent Upgrade. Depending on Target I may Switch out the Belt/Legs but since I generally only Endgame my DRK I stick with the acc and atk heavy load-out.

->Absolution STR+6 Attack+20. So glad I didn't jump on the Ultimatum Bandwagon.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-08 01:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

*stare's zicdeh down intensely then looks at the amemet+1 and bomb core again, then back at zicdeh*

If your endgame, pretty sure ur not capping that acc with core... If money isn't an issue, i'd get bomblet/foragers/triumph instead of flame since it has -mnd.

It's not a terrible set and i'm not trying to nitpick I just see from the +1's you do have gil... and wonder why you don't upgrade those items lol.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-07-08 02:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Stay away from Aurum... Guillotine likes to feed off attk.

Like I said, DRK is neglected, only reason I use Aurum is because I could sell my black cuisses for inventory space. Never suggested Aurum were a better choice.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-07-08 02:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

*stare's zicdeh down intensely then looks at the amemet 1 and bomb core again, then back at zicdeh* If your endgame, pretty sure ur not capping that acc with core... If money isn't an issue, i'd get bomblet/foragers/triumph instead of flame since it has -mnd. It's not a terrible set and i'm not trying to nitpick I just see from the 1's you do have gil... and wonder why you don't upgrade those items lol.
At 75, he has around 426 acc with pizza +1, with DE it will be close to 450 just around the acc you want to be with on an HNM. The only thing that would be evasive would be Ixion as I heard its around 500? dunno never parsed it and probably wont as Ive gotten everything from that mob anyhow.

with 80 he gain an extra 22 acc so I would say hes capped on almost 95% of the mobs. Can probably even go full meat with the extra acc and DE up, and change ws acc when DE is down. Situational is situational of course(dont forget he gets another +20 from SE)
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-08 02:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

*stare's zicdeh down intensely then looks at the amemet 1 and bomb core again, then back at zicdeh*

If your endgame, pretty sure ur not capping that acc with core... If money isn't an issue, i'd get bomblet/foragers/triumph instead of flame since it has -mnd.

It's not a terrible set and i'm not trying to nitpick I just see from the 1's you do have gil... and wonder why you don't upgrade those items lol.

Trust me, you're not the first, and will certainly not be the last (inb4 Excelior trashing people with no background information on status amirite?!). I get that all the time "Hct+1 but Fire bomblet where?!"

I got the HCT+1 in better days, before the mistletoe nerf, I was pulling around 15m a month farming a few hours a day in Grauberg(S) but SE put a swift end to that, I'm just awaiting the day where the "Chocobo digging now costs 500k for every third dig" patch goes live.

I just don't want to spend gil on Placeholder items is the big issue. Triumph will yield to Strigoi, Forager's will yield to Cerb+1. We just haven't had any drop luck so far.

As for the Bomb Core, if you're 95% Acc (I pizza on HNM with full scythe merits) it is the better option that the Bomblet. Currently I'm saving every scrap of gil to get Guttler (I've seen about three-dozen too many Apocalypses, and lost all will to make that) so really, for tiny increases, I won't spend over 500k right now, especially with the flippy market.

Also I've got Corsair, Scholar and Ninja all becoming more active, so I've got to bring, and maintain those at B+ status. I'd much rather be a very flexible "Above average" player than a static "I R TEH BEST U NEED PUP NOW?" Player. It's just my way.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-08 02:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm mostly the same way, I don't have cerb+1 for drk as I have other jobs to gear. I rarely use my drk, it's mostly "whenever the *** i'm allowed to go as it". I use bomblet to be safe on acc since I never know wtf i'm going to be doing.

A thew bomblet would be nice, for other jobs as well, but no groups want to farm NMs. They would rather farm cruor and flood the market with the armor and make it bottom out at 50k per.

We usually stay in abyssea for hours on end each run, but time chests wouldn't drop since the maintenence, so we had 15mins left and werent gonna get extensions, so I asked if anyone wanted to do NM, 90% said no... sigh.

P.S. If exc gives you any trouble just remind him of his drk/sam subduer days in merits.(I think he even subbed thf once or twice... not gonna say for sure, but I think so...)
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-08 02:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see why your Ls wouldnt want to farm Thew Bomblets its incredibly easy to get the pop, and the drop rate is really good, it seemed like it was 50% when my LS did a run of them.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-08 02:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Half of them were randoms we picked up and partially knew. Once again though as I said, I have no idea why they wouldn't want to either. I wanted to. They didn't. We all had a pop item for it by the end, they drop 33% or so.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-20 07:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This is mine for Guil, for what I normally use drk I am /nin if that matters but if there is also a suggestion for /sam that is fine. Scythe is stp+7 one and I use pizza.

Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-20 10:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Should pick up a Haub +1 TP'ing or using Ares body for WS isnt doing much for you even if you are eating pizza, not on any mobs that are worth a damn anyways.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-20 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a haub +1, was figuring ares would be mentioned :x. It really that bad to use?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-20 17:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I have a haub +1, was figuring ares would be mentioned :x. It really that bad to use?

For stuff that matters, in general, yes. I would use Hauby +1/E-body over Ares's body for Guillotine.

Ares's body is great for a 1-hit WS like Spinning Slash and GroundStrike though !

Nice Idle piece too, and well... if you really know for a fact that you're capping your accuracy without the accuracy from the body (from E-body/Hauby+1)... then you could make a case for Ares's body for TP/WS too. It's situational/depends on what you're fighting etc.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-20 18:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Galea is augmented with STR +4 AGI +4 WS ACC +15 WS DMG +2%
Need a better scythe, 92.5% acc on the default FFXICalc mobs without any kind of accuracy buff/food
edit: Ares body would be nice for a DE-up set, but I'd change the back first
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-20 18:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
*stare's zicdeh down intensely then looks at the amemet 1 and bomb core again, then back at zicdeh* If your endgame, pretty sure ur not capping that acc with core... If money isn't an issue, i'd get bomblet/foragers/triumph instead of flame since it has -mnd. It's not a terrible set and i'm not trying to nitpick I just see from the 1's you do have gil... and wonder why you don't upgrade those items lol.
Trust me, you're not the first, and will certainly not be the last (inb4 Excelior trashing people with no background information on status amirite?!). I get that all the time "Hct+1 but Fire bomblet where?!" I got the HCT+1 in better days, before the mistletoe nerf, I was pulling around 15m a month farming a few hours a day in Grauberg(S) but SE put a swift end to that, I'm just awaiting the day where the "Chocobo digging now costs 500k for every third dig" patch goes live. I just don't want to spend gil on Placeholder items is the big issue. Triumph will yield to Strigoi, Forager's will yield to Cerb+1. We just haven't had any drop luck so far. As for the Bomb Core, if you're 95% Acc (I pizza on HNM with full scythe merits) it is the better option that the Bomblet. Currently I'm saving every scrap of gil to get Guttler (I've seen about three-dozen too many Apocalypses, and lost all will to make that) so really, for tiny increases, I won't spend over 500k right now, especially with the flippy market. Also I've got Corsair, Scholar and Ninja all becoming more active, so I've got to bring, and maintain those at B+ status. I'd much rather be a very flexible "Above average" player than a static "I R TEH BEST U NEED PUP NOW?" Player. It's just my way.

I like how I'm now the *** on these forums. Samuraiking is much more of an *** around here than me.

Get bravura if you have all that gear. That relic is win all around, and its one of the cheaper ones.

I don't see anything wrong with your gearset beyond the +15 attack belt. Personally, I'd use warwolf belt because STR is a modifier, and also raises attack and fstr. That puts STR in 3 parts in the equation, whereas attack is in Pdif. I think mathmatically you would get more out of the STR.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-20 18:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly cause I admit I'm an *** and don't pretend otherwise lolz.

I'm the kind of *** that only does it when it's deserved, so half the ppl hate me and half the ppl love me. You are just an all around *** who tries to pretend he is not. It's makes you come off even worse when you deny it.

I wasn't an *** in this thread though reading back, I always get along with Zicdeh for the most part.
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-20 18:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I'm an *** hole =(
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-20 18:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
I don't think. I'm an ***. =(

FTFY :D
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-07-29 09:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to see what the general thought was about these changes.

Current

Perle mix

Current Vs Perle mix:

- 5Str
+17 attack
-2 Dex
-2% soul eatter effect

Lakshmi.Despereaux
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rally777
By Lakshmi.Despereaux 2010-07-29 10:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use for guillotine, not the best but gets the job done.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-29 10:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Despereaux said:
This is what I use for guillotine, not the best but gets the job done.
fixed for u
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-29 10:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd change the body to a Hauberk or Haubergeon (or +1) and legs to Black Cuisses. Head to a Perle head and get a fire bomblet if possible, depending on accuracy needs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Despereaux
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rally777
By Lakshmi.Despereaux 2010-07-29 10:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do use hauby+1 and perle head, just havent updated lists in long time lol. Updated and ty for fixing it Volkom.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-29 14:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Since guillotine is really dependent on acc/attk
would there be any major difference between 6/8 scythe and 8/8 scythe merits?
and what about str/mnd merits for its ws mods
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-07-29 14:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the Perle hands over the Hecatomb?

10 attack > 3 Str I would assume..
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-29 14:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
What about the Perle hands over the Hecatomb? 10 attack > 3 Str I would assume..
What about chaos gauntlets +1?
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-07-29 15:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
What about the Perle hands over the Hecatomb? 10 attack > 3 Str I would assume..
What about chaos gauntlets +1?

10 Att > 2Str+4Dex+3 acc?

Either way you look at it, the 10 Att will hit harder as long as your not missing hits.