SE Anti-farming Now?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE anti-farming now?
SE anti-farming now?
First Page 2 3 4 5
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-08 14:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no! I might have to actually learn how to play the game and make money off of more than one thing! THIS SUCKS.

I've got gil falling out of my Gi.

/blist add you

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 14:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Yes because I'm sure all of us just farm bird bloods.

Pointless banter win!

lol /high five
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-08 14:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Disintegration said:
Oh no! I might have to actually learn how to play the game and make money off of more than one thing! THIS SUCKS.

I've got gil falling out of my Gi.

/blist add you

Apparently he missed the entire point of my original post. I was saying how far is SE going to take this? Not "Omg bird blood is no longer a way to make gil."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-08 14:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You do. That's why you're crying about "gimped camps". Good luck with Clusterfuckasaurus.

LOL /high five <me>

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2008-12-08 14:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol you high five yourself?
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-08 14:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, thanks for joining just to say that, Ghuda. I'm honored.

I'm not a troll. I just get really discontent with all the entitlement I see in this game and the crying about crafting being broken. It's hilarious to me in a real condescending way, as it were.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-08 15:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There are plenty of places to farm, but this update alone for example killed 4 camping options. They will stop and try another method kinda like the rare/ex nm spree they had. And tbh I didn't personally even farm what they gimped normally. This forum was about SE hurting the average and/or new players that can't farm higher lvl monsters or BCNM/ISNM or craft well, not the people with 100+ crafts or ones that bought gil.
 Asura.Escalon
Server: Asura
user: Baskinein
By Asura.Escalon 2008-12-08 15:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever considered the fact that maybe SE never intended for people to "farm" monsters? SE does some crazy things that doesn't make sense so it is possible, but I'm not completely sure SE wanted players to sit in one location for hours killing the same monsters over and over again just to make some gil. Although they do want us camping an NM for hours on end; however, this is different in that the goal of the player is usually different (farming purely to make gil or camping an NM to get an item). There are many ways to earn gil in this game, such as all of the different xNMs. Also there is such a thing as going after the actual item instead of just buying from AH. I think this may be SEs real plan. Over the years they've made a lot of items become rare/ex and have implemented other methods to encourage players to do this. It is undeniably true that this will hurt many player's methods of obtaining gil, but honestly I think it is for the best. Get the players out of monotonous farming and into more exciting gameplay elements (who wouldn't want this? ...besides RMT).
And yes, I used to farm too(mistletoe). So I know what it's like.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2008-12-08 15:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe SE was the one selling Gil all along and now they're doing their best to ruin gil-farming so that more people will buy gil from them...lmao.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2008-12-08 15:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what those rocket scientists over at SE will do if they ever figure out that RMT even have the audacity to use the Auction House to make gil. Oh the humanity!

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Lyanna
Server: Pandemonium
user: kanntara
By Pandemonium.Lyanna 2008-12-08 15:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Eeek said:
.. Oh the humanity!

Volgonity*

Best thing I've read all day. Thanks for that LULZ.
 Shiva.Maleko
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Maleko 2008-12-08 15:47:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I find it amusing how everyone is talking about RMT this and RMT that. Sure there is an RMT element in the game that disturbs the balance of everything from framing to crafting. But just because someone farms and area and doesn't talk to you doesn't mean necessarily they are RMT. Maybe they just don't like you.

The only way to truly identify a RMT or GS is to accept the trade and take their Gil after you paid them Money.

I am having fun with an apparent RMT on my server by buying all his low priced crafted items at his undercut prices and then reselling them for what the are really worth.

It is a Game ok ~ so lets all have fun damn it!
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2008-12-08 16:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyanna said:
Bartimaeus said:
Eeek said:
.. Oh the humanity!

Volgonity*

Best thing I've read all day. Thanks for that LULZ.

Seconded.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-08 17:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This sucks, and yes ill admit it was easy gil for thf's. I wonder what the prices were changed to.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
Server: Ramuh
user: Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2008-12-08 17:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone's hit the primary nail on the head yet.....Gil. Regardless of RMT or not the current form of currency and its governing (the auction house) is overly flawed. It is evident in all respects that whatever you do, it's almost forced to buy gil. And for those that refuse to buy gil it's a tougher battle day by day. Crafting? broken. Quests? 10gilhereyougo. the only other way is trhough dynamis, sky and other high level phenomenon. Even then, the drop rates are ridiculously flawed, NM's are way too long (again going to the "we don't wish to see your personal life suffer..." screen. I seriously wonder why sometimes we all pay the fee for the game. As much crap that SE puts us through it should be free...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Littlevegeta
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Littlevegeta 2008-12-08 17:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

278 gil for beast blood with max fame
 Odin.Synyster
Server: Odin
user: Synyster
By Odin.Synyster 2008-12-08 18:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

there is tons of way to make gil out there if you take the time to do it. crafting is not broken if you farm the materials. quests, yea most are crap gil but do the repeatable ones. someone mentioned ladybug quests, 4k for 4wings, hell buy them and make profit. Buying gil is the cheap skate way to make amends and get ahead in the game. I play FFXI because it is difficult, annoying, and overly grinding because i enjoy the challenge. Does everything go my way? no of course or else id have full homam and hecatomb for my thief. but i spent an hour and half with a friend killing spiders and making rainbow cloth and woke up to 161k. i took the time and did it. just dont be lazy people, quit bitching and use that thing in your head and find another way. about the whole "dont forget your personal life...." they are a buisness after a profit just like the company you or your parents work for that allows you to pay for the game. if you dont like the grinding and the time consumption, play WoW or something dumbed down, or dont play an MMO at all, Call of Duty, Little Big Planet etc, are free after the initial cost of the game. good luck and happy hunting.
 Seraph.Kronik
Server: Seraph
user: Kronik
By Seraph.Kronik 2008-12-08 18:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

278? oh man, and to think i actually used to farm that. and HQ bugard skins, and orc piercers and yagudo freezers, and shellbusters, never AH'd any of it though lol, NPC'd everything.

oh well guess I'll have to go back to my 90 fishing for gill now.
 Carbuncle.Littlevegeta
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Littlevegeta 2008-12-08 18:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i did the beast blood as well, but ill find other ways to make gil, there is other stuff to still farm you can npc
 Ragnarok.Karolann
Server: Ragnarok
user: karolann
By Ragnarok.Karolann 2008-12-08 18:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally agree with Synyster more than completely. There are more methods of making gil than farming something you simply NPC with the intent of bypassing the AH to make a quick buck. I can say without a doubt I make great money farming simple items like beehive chips, slime oil, different kinds of hides/skins, and CRAFT them into items more worthwhile. I don't have to HQ to profit if I actually farm the materials myself. Nor do I really lose money by spending some time farming the items I'm after. I almost always get more than what I intentionally farm for, and that's profit on the side. SE has not created a shortage of ways to make gil, they've simply taken away loopholes they created and didn't realize. Loopholes that have become overused and abused like crazy. No one has a right to be upset over having their "shortcut" cut short on them, because it was simply a flaw in the first place. SE is simply fixing a problem that should have been fixed long ago. Be a little more creative, and instead of complaining about the "wrongs" SE "rights", level a craft or find something with a high demand in the economy to make your money from. A little hard work goes a long way for more than just yourself, when you're not busy NPCing everything you just farmed.
 Seraph.Bigheadkitty
By Seraph.Bigheadkitty 2008-12-08 19:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol...has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe RMT is realated to SE...why not work for SE and tell a buddy what the best way to make gil is then when it becomes so obvious and the normal population starts to make gil with it, bam nerf it. Seems to happen alot. A great source of gil for RMT comes from top rated high level players in well known linkshells. No names mentioned because it really doesnt matter RMT will always be here. Why not sell ixion cloaks, capes ect at 3mill a pop instead of farming bird bloods for 10-15 hours staraight. SE doesnt generally ban well known players for some reason, especially of the JP variety. So the best RMT are the guys we all love and adore for being so greta at FFXI. Maybe SE should just concentarte on server transfer gil schemes which ar so obvious. Maybe some tighter security on hacking attempts. Try to stop auction house and synthing bots. I personally ahve a decent amount of gil and some Very high crafting skills which do not net much gil at all unless I can farm high end materials with my ls. Basically this is a poorly constructed ramble with a few points in it. As usual I'll see someone disect it and post this sentence is wrong ect because they ahve an IQ of 80 and thats all they know to do in order to make themselevs sound smart. I also cant type worth a ***and dont care in this case due to the fact that htis is not my thesis or a resume.
Take Care

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Bigheadkitty
By Seraph.Bigheadkitty 2008-12-08 19:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

coola s i was skimming through i just saw a post that said since the game si s pretty much falwed into making new palers and old alike buy gil.....hmm prove it and class action lawsuit against SE...see now ic nat type worth a crap...or maybe it son purpose so someone can rant...todays good deed for me is making someoen feel good about themselves for critiquing this post ....lmao...no real punctuation either ;)
 Caitsith.Podo
Server: Caitsith
user: Podo420
By Caitsith.Podo 2008-12-08 19:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has just committed an epic fail... This is just adding to the downfall of FFXI.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-08 22:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For one, this is about farming, not crafting. Some people do not like to craft, apparently some of you believe farming is evil and there should be no way to make gil other than crafting.

And yes crafting is broken, you go farm a stack of beehive chips and not able to hq them then compare results of what they would sell as chips on the ah to beeswax on the ah. In almost every case they can be sold more as materials then the final crafted results due to the fact that people will take a loss in gil to skill off them.

This may be a shocker to some of you craft only minded people but omg maybe some of these people that farm for gil are who supply you your materials on the ah that you do buy and have fun farming/killing stuff and not sitting there watching the same crafting animation over and over.

If you check my crafting stats I do infact craft to a degree but I also enjoy killing stuff to make gil and sometimes just don't want to see another animation and have no space on the ah to sell what I farm so npcing is a nice fast/effective method with a small sense of accomplishment.