Future of DRK
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-15 13:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving it to a bunch of people would be cool, but I think you'd still run into the same problems (area hate + multiple mobs shouldn't have TP in most endgame scenarios)
 Carbuncle.Maxz
Server: Carbuncle
user: LQCH6027
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-03-15 13:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

they should give us absorb buff you know if a mob does warcry let us absorb the buff or like when Jol uses boost if you absorb that its a massive buff to att ect if u put drk on him but i think they should let last resort last like hasso i mean hasso all in 1 is str speed boost and the only downside is the casting/recast so for drk just give us the defence down ***not like a drk would really care but yea absorb mobs enhancment or however they could name it
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-03-15 13:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, you make a good point, I was just trying to think of ANYTHING that would be cool, it all really depends on how they would implement it.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-03-15 13:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

JUst throwing in
En-Dark EnDarkII,DrainIII,Aspir II,Darkstorm or DarkVoid, Fastcast, MaxmpBoost,MagicAttackBonus, ABsorb attack,Absorb Defense, PoisonIII+IV,BioIII+IV, SpikeII Spells
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-15 13:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Lol? That doesn't even make sense... Even if (using your example) you cast the spell at 70%, you now have enough TP to WS; the extra that comes with it is irrelevant. You can WS sooner, rather than waiting for two swings to connect. (sorry, DA is so fickle on anything other than DRK/WAR or DRK+COR it doesn't count). I don't see how that damage is less than what you'd do with an extra swing.

And you can connect two swings in the time you're casting ABS-TP, more or less, giving you 100% TP and about 300~ extra DoT damage. If your Absorb-TP has a freak resist, or the mob TPs unpredictably, or dies before you can finish casting, etc etc - you have just gained 0 damage. With swinging, you will always gain at least some.

EDIT: Before you mention, I know that melee swings can also miss. However, we have far more tools to reduce the likelihood of this than reducing the likelihood of dark magic resisting.

Also Kat, your avatar is sexy :(
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-03-15 13:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruin would be cool.. not sure what it should do, but it's go a cool name :)
 Odin.Ichrius
Server: Odin
user: Ichrius
By Odin.Ichrius 2010-03-15 13:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading through this...the only time I bother casting spells in a merit party is dread spikes in between pulls when I know I'll have hate longer than expected. The other being Drain 2 for a quick Souleater weaponskill. If the PT is really that good, an extra Cure IV shouldn't be a problem.

One thing I want to see DRK get......Auto-Refresh. ( > _>)
The other ideas can be trashed and thrown away for all I care as long as we get this.
 Pandemonium.Yov
Server: Pandemonium
user: poff
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-03-15 13:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sathon said:
Make absorb spells into an AoE for the party. For instance Absorbacc -15 from mob whole pary gets +15 acc.

Siphon job abillity that lets drk cast drain and aspir and give it to a target party member.

Aspir II drains target mobs HP and give you mp for it.

Seriously go Level sch if you want to buff your party or whm.
LOL @AspirII ***
Phoenix.Sathon said:
If last resort gives so much hate increase the dmg percent to +30% attk.

Duration wise LR is perfect how it is.

Phoenix.Sathon said:
Souleater ability to lose 50% less hp upon hitting a mob.

50% HP loss on each swing of SE would mean you're also absorbing less HP on BP = SHITBOX

Phoenix.Sathon said:
2nd stun spell with a longer duration.

Weapon Bash HI2U

One minute Blood Weapon , One minute on Last resort , less recast on drain II/Spikes is all you need if we want to put it a zerg mode subject.
Drk is really a stable job with the right combo of gears for dark magic and haste set up and whatnot.
I'm sorry to say it but if you can't keep up with a sam in a meripo just quit drk.
Dark Knight IS NOT A MAGE IS A DD , if you feel the necessity of nuking go lvl blm or sch.

[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-15 13:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@Raenryong
What weapon are you using that you get 2 swings in during an absorb spell cast? Scythes are freakishly slow o.o
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-15 13:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
@Raenryong
What weapon are you using that you get 2 swings in during an absorb spell cast? Scythes are freakishly slow o.o

He uses Perdu, 501 delay, normal merit PT haste buffs and his gear he swings once every 3.2 Seconds ish, and around 1.9 seconds with Desperate Blows on.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-15 13:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
@Raenryong

He uses Perdu, 501 delay, normal merit PT haste buffs and his gear he swings once every 3.2 Seconds ish, and around 1.9 seconds with Desperate Blows on.
Fair enough. Haven't done a merit party in forever, kinda forgot about the haste :P
 Seraph.Kat
Server: Seraph
user: KatOtaku
By Seraph.Kat 2010-03-15 13:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Raenryong. We need some uber, unique JA to get our damage out though. Zerg is nice, if you have weapon required. Maybe some new WS are the answer, I don't know.

/back to campaigning.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-15 13:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Making Guillotine crit would be a step in the right direction, although it's a very powerful WS right now even without critical. Basically we need some comparative JA to Berserk+DA that SAMs or WARs get when /war or /other respectively. 1handers would then need something drastic... like Dual Wield III :D

Either that, or nerf SAM+WAR in some ingenious way to bring 1handers back into the fray that way.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-03-15 13:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I sense that a lot of QQing will take place when we get T3s as our update.

Drk melee is fine... If you can't keep up, lvl something else.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-15 13:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely fine, and definitely on the higher end of jobs. What it is not is SAM or WAR. You're not as far behind as people would like to think but there is a difference there.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-03-15 15:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

alot of EXP PT refferences......... you'll never push a job to it's full potential in an EXP situation . and if you are and you arent getting a minimum of 30k/hr then you're doin something wrong IMHO .
and i mean there is more to the game than EXPing , even tho sometimes it doesnt seem that way.
After reading thru the posts i'd think perhaps an ability or out right change to a few Dark Magic Recast timers would change the use of DRK's magic . DRK has an A+(276) Dark Magic , higher than BLM with an A-(269) . With some merits and a little Skill build with gear there really isnt any reason why DRK would be resisted more than BLM . Not to mention Items like Viscious(siclol) Mufflers enhance the Absorb Spells . Since SCs arent really used , and even if they were , MBing a T2 Elemental w/o A staff let alone HQ and the dumb low Ele Skill given to DRKs , you'd need a very dedicated MaB set to come close to a BLM or even RDM Nook DMG wise . It would suit the job better to change Timers to allow more Dark Magic Spammage or enhance the effects there of .
but again DRKs MP pool is fairly low so i mean how much could spam anyway ?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-15 15:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
With some merits and a little Skill build with gear there really isnt any reason why DRK would be resisted more than BLM .

Elemental staves :x
 Bismarck.Yor
Server: Bismarck
user: poff
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-03-15 15:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
I sense that a lot of QQing will take place when we get T3s as our update.

Drk melee is fine... If you can't keep up, lvl something else.

Saint words.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-15 15:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
DRK has an A (276) Dark Magic , higher than BLM with an A-(269).
DRK actually has A- Dark magic skill.

Anyway, as you stated, the elemental magics are basically a waste of time, and the only really noteworthy spells for DRK are their dark magic spells.
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-15 15:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it funny how DRK has higher elemental skill than enfeebling skill yet has Sleep 2, but only tier 2 nukes. Lawl.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-15 16:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK is fine just the way it is, except for Blood Weapon. Now, if it increased 2-handed attack speed like Hundred Fists, then we would be talking.

Either that or give us access to Tier 3 spells, or maybe some new job abilities, like our own Hasso or some ***.

SE overpowered SAM and has turned every SAM player into a power hungry douche...

I sense the same fate with DRK.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-15 16:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to absorb and give the stats to the party is an awesome idea, it would really make drk a different type of DD. Blood weapon doesn't work on undead, which confuses me tbh. I understand it due to continuity, but seriously a 2h shouldn't be totally ineffective on a specific enemy type.

A set of armour could be macro'd in for Macc also. Sekkanoki is going to do a lot for drk in certain situations.

It has been announced that drk will be getting more magic options, and that is a good thing.

Edit: I also think Blood Weapon should bestow a bit of haste ONLY when there is no other haste effect on the drk.
 Phoenix.Brexx
Server: Phoenix
user: Brexx
By Phoenix.Brexx 2010-03-15 16:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK: Looking into adjusting dark magic accuracy and cast times. With increased spell usage, will consider new ways to recover MP, as well

From theFFXI Vanafest2010_EN Twitter page.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-15 16:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Being able to absorb and give the stats to the party is an awesome idea
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-15 16:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK melee has been the focus of the Dark Knight role. Melee is only selectively useful in Endgame situations, What I am hoping for, is Dark Knight to truly break out into it's original job role as an Attacker-Dark Magic Enfeebler. Or basically anything that gets Dark Knight Casting as part of it's real role anywhere, endgame or Exp party. I'm thinking a new line of Derived stat Absorb Spells would do the trick.
They would also solve another issue, make Liberator a viable weapon, instead of just a useless piece of ***, albeit a very sexy looking piece of ***.

Absorb-ATK (18%stock, 21% 2/Liberator Does not decay over time)
Absorb-DEF (18%stock, 21% w/Liberator, Does not Decay over time)
Absorb-MDF (12%Stock, 15% w/Liberator, Decays over time)
Absorb-MAK (12MATK Stock, 15 w/Liberator Decays over time)
Absorb-SPD (12%Stock 15% w/Liberator, Decays over time, Adds "Flurry" not haste, so does not count to any individual cap, just overall cap)

All those would seem too powerful, yet if one is constantly absorbing, his DPS is going to falter regardless of buffs. Such diversity would force a sense of tactical selection based on the situation. Absorb-SPD in Burns, Absord-DEF before a big zerg, Absorb MDF and INT for a Magic-weak to boost black mage damage. Absorb-MAK for an enemy with dangerously powerful magic. Low Cast time, and a 25% Higher recast than duration (Which could be countered by haste gear/spell) would also help ensure balance.

Of Course, numbers are simply arbitrary to illustrate a point more easily. The real values of any spells like that would need extensive in-game testing to determine how they can be fit in, without collapsing the roles of other jobs.
[+]
By volkom 2010-03-15 17:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK changes I would like to see:::
Remove bloodweapon and make it a passive ability
so DRK's can drain hp while hitting of a proc rate of as much as warrior's double attack.

Give a new 2hour ability (lasts like 2min) that gives DRK's increased attack ,more tp per hit, and accuracy bonus and a higher percent to drain while hitting the mob

New absorb spells = haste, attack, defence. Maybe a way to weaken a monsters resistance to magic

Increase regular melee damage. B/c I've seen a lot of warriors and samurai hit just as hard as a drk. And I think drk is suppose to be the hardest hitting (slash) damage job in the game.

Increase mp pool
Have a new job ability similar to soul eater but instead of doing physical melee damage, each hit is counted as magic dark damage.

Iono those are my thoughts lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-15 18:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
DRK changes I would like to see:::
Remove bloodweapon and make it a passive ability
so DRK's can drain hp while hitting of a proc rate of as much as warrior's double attack.

Give a new 2hour ability (lasts like 2min) that gives DRK's increased attack ,more tp per hit, and accuracy bonus and a higher percent to drain while hitting the mob

New absorb spells = haste, attack, defence. Maybe a way to weaken a monsters resistance to magic

Increase regular melee damage. B/c I've seen a lot of warriors and samurai hit just as hard as a drk. And I think drk is suppose to be the hardest hitting (slash) damage job in the game.

Increase mp pool
Have a new job ability similar to soul eater but instead of doing physical melee damage, each hit is counted as magic dark damage.

Iono those are my thoughts lol.
Formless Strikes for DRKs, interesting...

Increased MP pool for us DRKs that sometimes /WHM during Campaign

Lakshmi.Tkai
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2010-03-15 18:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-15 19:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you guys don't understand the rage that would take place if they changed drk's 2hr then I don't even
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-03-15 23:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not mind being able to enhance / augment souleater with T3 merits at 99... Being able to reduce the hp lost or increase the damage delt without increasing hp lost would be fun but not game breaking. Before someone mentions zerg I also have a feeling that we are going to see more and more mobs resistant to souleater burns.