Forum » FFXI » General » First to 99
First to 99
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-03-08 20:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm. I have DRK BLM THF SMN MNK SAM 75 atm.
When they raise the cap to 80 in june i will most likely take them all to 80. Theh depending what they jump up in the next updates..BLM and DRK will definately be my first 2. probably blm just cause its more useful in lowman stuff. I can see my SAM staying at 75 for a good long time now though..
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-08 20:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN because it will be the quickest.

<_______________________<

Seriously though, it will. I'm going to do RDM simply because it's my most useful job, and will more than likely be my most useful job, once the level caps are raised to 99.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-08 21:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR because I love it, it's got full merits, it never seems to get old, and because, well, it's awesome. Nothing like popping off a beserk/aggresor/warcry/warrior's charge KJ.

BRD second because it's useful to my friends and my linkshell and it will be relatively quick.

PLD last, if at all because unless square REALLY shows love to paladins in the forthcoming updates, i can't see them being welcome in post-75 XP parties and the thought of going 75-99 through level sync 37-49 parties and campaign makes my stomach turn.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-08 21:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2010-03-08 21:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
DRK
i lol'd
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-03-08 21:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'll do them in the same order I leveled to 75.

BLU - Still consider it my main. (keep my blu gear in satchel)
BST - Fun to play with (and will need to keep it up to continue playing around with the BST mains in my shell)
RNG - Just something so fun about it.

As for drk, I might, but have started playing around with sch and thf. They might take over a priority slot.
 Sylph.Skyloki
Server: Sylph
user: Skyloki33
By Sylph.Skyloki 2010-03-08 21:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly for me in order:
DRG
BLM
SAM
DRK
BRD
RDM
[+]
 Sylph.Landyr
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2010-03-08 21:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

First to 99 will defiantly be SCH. Its the funnest mage job to play for me. I think there is still so much untapped potential there.
Then most likely PUP DRG COR.
Not sure on BLM yet, just because soloing it was a pain.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-03-08 22:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't have the stomach to bring pup, rdm, and nin to 99. Seeing as how pup is the only job I actually have fun with, it'll likely be my only 99.

Not looking forward to seeing all the gimpy smn burned 99's running around 6 hours after the update hits.
[+]
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-03-08 22:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wont have a 99.
Will take to much damn time.
Parties suck as it is for me right now.
I'll wait for a server merge for more people to party with.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-08 22:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Combine Level sync and cap raise, And honestly I don't think finding parties for 76-99 is going to be difficult. An interesting thought is, how will 75merits work, will players be able to "Merit lock" from the status menu at 75, thus making it possible to use the Birds camp, and other AU camps well past 80?

By the way Specopsz your avatar is the sum of all my fears, what the *** is that thing?
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-08 23:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That and the fact that there will be new camps, and plenty of people leveling again. Shouldn't be difficult to find a party within the 37-49 range either heading toward the level cap updates.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-03-08 23:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

#1 PLD
#2 WAR

Then I gotta level subs:
NIN 42-49
DNC 37-49
SAM 37-49
THF 37-49

Fairy.Usua
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-09 00:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Fairy.Usua said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I don't commit to anything until I have all the details.

That said, DRK was my first 75 back when it actually meant something. So tradition favors that job. But for all I know, every new job trait will be "Drk fails even more I-IV" sooooooooooooooo yah. Need more details on Job traits/abilities/99merits.
They said they were gonna move away from the self destructive ***and focus more on destructive magics and stuff like that.

Yah, I've seen that, but this is SE we're talking about.

No innate magic attack bonuses (though there's always 76-99) and still only an A- in Dark Magic, it's hard to imagine something that would break DRK into a true "Spell casting Melee".

Something along the lines of "Absord-SPD"(Speed) What DRK wouldn't abuse their MP then?!
lmao that would be pretty cool. I'm going drk/rdm just for haste/refresh and convert. all naysayers can kiss my ***, drain2 + convert for 1600 mp as drk will be fun.
By Blackmagewonder 2010-03-09 01:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to level RNG or DNC to 99... Which one should I level up first?
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-03-09 01:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Combine Level sync and cap raise, And honestly I don't think finding parties for 76-99 is going to be difficult. An interesting thought is, how will 75merits work, will players be able to "Merit lock" from the status menu at 75, thus making it possible to use the Birds camp, and other AU camps well past 80?

By the way Specopsz your avatar is the sum of all my fears, what the *** is that thing?

I have no clue, but it makes me ROFLCOPTER for some reason.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-03-09 01:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH first.

Probably BRD second, although this is still up in the air. Might do BLM second if they get something really interesting.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-09 01:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
SCH first.

Probably BRD second, although this is still up in the air. Might do BLM second if they get something really interesting.

Has brd75(Assume) and still willing to take it to 99. What a trooper.
By Blackmagewonder 2010-03-09 01:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I am going to level up DNC to 99 first, though the temptation of leveling up RNG to 99 first is very tempting!
 Hades.Sephrin
Server: Hades
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-03-09 02:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM all the way! It was my first 75 and I'll never forget the spankings Maat gave me back in the day. Seeing it Lv99 will just be awesome.

After that I'm not sure what order I'll take them to 99 but my current mains are
PLD
DRK
SAM
BLM

Everything else I am not touching because I went a little psycho and have the following jobs also at 75.

MNK (Hmm maybe one day will see 99)
THF (No way! Even if THXIV is added)
WHM (Nope, it'll overshadow my RDM)
NIN (Maybe)
BLU (No! I'm sure as hell not learning more spells)
COR (Hmm...I don't like being cor but it might be nice for meriting at Lv99 or whatever it'll be called)
RNG (Nah, I retired it due to the fact nobody ever let me be ranger, so no way its seeing Lv99)
BRD (...)
SCH (Maybe but again will overshadow my RDM)

I'm kind of thinking of switching out PLD for NIN or even possibly keep NIN active since the majority of its gear overlaps with SAM's gear. A Lv99 NIN/DNC will be very sexy!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-09 02:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
If I do level anything to 99 it will be BRD because it would be easiest

Im taking All 4 of my best to 99, Thf, Sam, Blm, and BLu

F the rest!
 Valefor.Endlesspath
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-03-09 03:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want people to realize that the climb for levels is probably going to be fairly steep.

Generally there has been roughly a 9k increase per five levels, e.g., (lv60"18.8k">lv65"26k">lv70"34k">lv75"44k").
[note 10k from lv70>lv75].
ref: http://www.koolaid-ffxi.org/linkshell/space/Experience+Points

So you can postulate/extrapolate that as a minimum it will a 10k bump from lv75"44k">lv80"54k">lv85"64k">lv90"74k">lv95"84k">lv99"93k+"

Exp will become very questionable because we were all spoiled by nearly limitless chains at the bird camp (@Lv75). The greater colibri (along with skoffins & mamool) are lv 81-83; which means exp will drop significantly at lv78 for a pt.
Yes, there will be new exp areas; but will they be bird camp like with endless chains, or will they be relative to players increasing skills (higher dmg output/etc) requiring even higher def lvls or hp lvls by the mobs, resulting in a need to return to the old sc>mb exp pts?

All we can do is speculate on this; but my advice is to settle on one single primary well balanced for end game job (relative to HNM Ls you are in). Honestly this next series exp requirements might be very tedious (plus throw in whatever lv99 new type merit requirements there may be!)
 Sylph.Andrewpaul
By Sylph.Andrewpaul 2010-03-09 03:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU
PLD
NIN
DRK
Lookin forward to new blu spells, i love pld, and I use nin alot for solo. I'm really debating lvlin drk the rest of the way
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-09 07:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endlesspath said:
Just want people to realize that the climb for levels is probably going to be fairly steep.

Generally there has been roughly a 9k increase per five levels, e.g., (lv60"18.8k">lv65"26k">lv70"34k">lv75"44k").
[note 10k from lv70>lv75].
ref: http://www.koolaid-ffxi.org/linkshell/space/Experience Points

So you can postulate/extrapolate that as a minimum it will a 10k bump from lv75"44k">lv80"54k">lv85"64k">lv90"74k">lv95"84k">lv99"93k "

Exp will become very questionable because we were all spoiled by nearly limitless chains at the bird camp (@Lv75). The greater colibri (along with skoffins & mamool) are lv 81-83; which means exp will drop significantly at lv78 for a pt.
Yes, there will be new exp areas; but will they be bird camp like with endless chains, or will they be relative to players increasing skills (higher dmg output/etc) requiring even higher def lvls or hp lvls by the mobs, resulting in a need to return to the old sc>mb exp pts?

All we can do is speculate on this; but my advice is to settle on one single primary well balanced for end game job (relative to HNM Ls you are in). Honestly this next series exp requirements might be very tedious (plus throw in whatever lv99 new type merit requirements there may be!)

i see your point, but if they made higher level mobs that difficult, level sync parties would rule the day. which would really be a mistake on SE's part, since i'm sure a lot of people are really looking foward to new mobs, and would be greatly disappointed if they turned out to be worthless for xp.

I'm pretty sure that SE has a vested interest in making the new mobs attractive for xp purposes if they want to retain their playerbase
[+]
 Bismarck.Xeres
Server: Bismarck
user: Xeres
By Bismarck.Xeres 2010-03-09 07:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Level syncing will be the way to go me thinks. I already know tons of people who just keep syncing in E. Ron (S) for amazing exp and swap out the sync when they get too high
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-09 07:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you do realize that the new exp camps will have a ***ton of people...gonna be hard to have a pt there when 80% of the server will be trying to exp there.

so yeah lvl sync go!
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-09 08:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, don't count out them lowering the XP required per level. They've done it before. Your 93k for 99 could be way off.

Nobody knows yet.
 Cerberus.Jetta
Server: Cerberus
user: Jetta
By Cerberus.Jetta 2010-03-09 08:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xeres said:
Level syncing will be the way to go me thinks. I already know tons of people who just keep syncing in E. Ron (S) for amazing exp and swap out the sync when they get too high

People have been stuck in the "Merit" mold too long. If you level sync you will still need to go to the new xp camps to skill up (or be a very gimp 99) so you may as well xp in the new camps in the first place.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-09 08:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

the thing is the "new" camp wont be as available as you think

its gonna be over camp for like months
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-09 08:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK and RDM for me.
thf blm pld all 75 too, but i dunno if i can handle the exp for the first two let alone the other 3 x.X

(PLus i have to lv nin war sam and whm for subs ughhhhhhhhh) lol

I thought of something,
Do you guys think the new camps will require tanks again and or blms to lv up? i thought of this and what if ppl sync to 75 to get really fast exp at merit camps if exp per monster stays the same as lvs get higher?

i dunno if this what brought up somewhere else