My DRK Ws Gear Lol.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » my DRK ws gear lol.
my DRK ws gear lol.
First Page 2 3
By volkom 2010-02-16 14:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My DRK is currently 73 lol. But once its 75 This is the ws gear that i'm going/want to use.
btw~i want adaman hauberk & hecatomb cap and hecatomb body. and homam gloves,pants,feet
but i'll just show u the gear i'm going use
-tp build-
vedetta, mythril grip+1, bomb core,
askar helm, chiv.chain, fowling earring, abyssal earring,
hauberk/askar body, askar manopolas, sniper's ring, rajas ring, amemet mantle+1, headlong belt, amir pants and feet(yeah working on homam/ ASA pants.)
-Guillotine/insurgency/spiral hell-
Vendetta, mythril grip +1 , Bomb core
Chaos burgeonet, chiv.chain, fowling earring, abyssal earring,
hauberk, alky bracelets, flame ring, rajas ring,
amemet mantle+1, warwolf belt, shadow cuishes, chaos feet( ineed them +1 >_> )

So what do you think of that. and what do you think of me using shadow cuishes?
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 14:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Vendetta is an alright scythe but try to aim for Perdu Sickle. Drop Bomb core and get a fire bomblet. Better off TPing in Walahra Turban than Askar head in most cases. Get Dusk gloves instead of Askar hands. More Haste and Attack. Forager's Mantle or Cuch's mantle instead of Amemet +1. More STR and attack on Forager's or more STR and Acc on Cuch's. Get a swift belt instead of headlong.

Aim for a Haubergeon+1 or Hauberk+1 if you can. It's a step up and you can resale once you get your E.body. As for your Shadow Cuishes, they're alright but Aurum Cuisses are better and easier to get.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-16 14:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For TPing

Wally Turban > Askar
Dusk gloves/Feet > what you have

Letting the other halp for the rest. :x

[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 14:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and get Aurum feet if you can as well. They're good until you have Homam.
 Fairy.Geefunk
Server: Fairy
user: Buster
By Fairy.Geefunk 2010-02-16 14:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Black Cuisses or Onyx Cuisses for WS legs
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-16 14:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pole Grip!
By volkom 2010-02-16 14:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I want my TP build to look like this
Vendetta Mythril gip+1, fire bomblet
ace's helm, justice torque, supremacy earring, abyssal earring
adaman hauberk/askar body, homam gloves, sniper's ring, rajas ring
forager's mantle, swift belt, homam pants, homam feet

ws in

vendetta mythril grip+1 fire bomblet
hecatomb cap, justice torque, supremacy earring, abyssal earring, hecatomb body, alky bracelets, flame ring, rajas ring, forager's mantle, warwolf belt, shadow cuishes, hecatomb feet/AF +1 feet.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-16 14:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ace's Helm is kind of pointless now.
By volkom 2010-02-16 14:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

why you say that?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-02-16 14:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
why you say that?

pizza (if you need more ACC you swap out torque for PCC and use diabolic eye)
as for WS you'll want heca/AF +1 hands and black cuisses
oh and dusk gloves beat the heck out of askar manopolas for TP
and use askar head for guillo/insurg if you don't have heca cap/AMKE head/ace's/gnadbhod's
and turban for TP :)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-16 14:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

TP set:

Walahra Turban, Pole Grip, Blitz Ring.

The idea is to eat Pizza in most circumstances where it is possible and take advantage of the accuracy to cap haste from all sources.

WS set:

Adaman Hauberk > Hecatomb Harness.

Perdu/Moli for both.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 14:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
I want my TP build to look like this
Vendetta Mythril gip 1, fire bomblet
ace's helm, justice torque, supremacy earring, abyssal earring
adaman hauberk/askar body, homam gloves, sniper's ring, rajas ring
forager's mantle, swift belt, homam pants, homam feet

ws in

vendetta mythril grip 1 fire bomblet
hecatomb cap, justice torque, supremacy earring, abyssal earring, hecatomb body, alky bracelets, flame ring, rajas ring, forager's mantle, warwolf belt, shadow cuishes, hecatomb feet/AF 1 feet.

Your TP build is fine except for I personally would choose Perdu Sickle + Ethereal Earring. Also if you have E.body, don't TP in Askar body ever. E.body is the ultimate TP body for DRK so once you have it, there shouldn't be any other choices.

As for your WS gear, aim for one of the elemental gorgets (can't remember which ones off the top of my head). They're better than Torque for WS. Your Shadow cuishes are still meh compared to other alternatives. Look into Ares's Flanchard, Aurum Cuisses, Black/Onyx Cuisses. All of those are much better.
By volkom 2010-02-16 14:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

okay~ w/e
but why is perdu and molion better than vendetta-supremacy combo? the stats beat both by far
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-02-16 15:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
okay~ w/e but why is perdu and molion better than vendetta-supremacy combo? the stats beat both by far

lower delay, and with perdu or moliones scythes you can use assault earring(ethereal)/brutal
or abyssal/brutal if you have it
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 15:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
okay~ w/e
but why is perdu and molion better than vendetta-supremacy combo? the stats beat both by far

Perdu has hidden stats:

Hidden Effects: Attack+14, Accuracy+5
Both Latent & hidden effect works when ur TP<100% (works for WS also)

It's also got one of the lowest but best delays. It's just high enough that you can get a six hit build with /SAM which boosts your DoT greatly.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-16 15:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Like this: (note people who have seen this before - I made some minor mathematical errors which have been corrected here)

Note these are RELATIVE gains and not absolute ones.
Quote:
Vendetta/Supremacy: d97 delay528 str6 atk4
= d97 delay528 str6 atk8.5 (converting str => atk)

Perdu/Abyssal: d93 delay501 acc5 atk14 acc4.5 atk5
= d93 delay501 acc9.5 atk19

Compared:

d4 delay528 str6 vs delay501 acc9.5 atk10.5

I can tell you without actually doing the analysis that the Perdu build is going to destroy the first one there. I will however do the math just so you can see the result:

d4:
During TP: ~4/100 = +4% Damage
During WS (D): ~4/140 = +2.86% Damage

str6:
During TP: ~1.5/100[fSTR increase on average] = +1.5% Damage
During WS (fSTR): ~1.5/140 = +1.07% Damage
During WS (WSC): 6 * 0.25 * 0.83 = ~1.245/140 = +0.889% Damage

Total Combined TP relative increase in damage: 5.5/100 = +5.5%
Total Combined WS relative increase in damage: 6.745/140 = +4.82%

~

acc9.5 at minimum impact possible:
~4.75/90.25 = +5.26% Damage and WS damage (through frequency)

atk10.5
~10.5/550 = >~2% Damage and WS damage (higher by an amount based on level correction) - I know 550 Attack can be considered quite low, but this is counterbalanced by the fact that I'm not going to calculate the level correction portion.

delay501 vs 528
1/(501/528) = +5.1% Damage and WS damage (through frequency)

Total relative increase in DoT: +12.8%
Total relative increase in WS damage: +12.8%

Vendetta: 5.5% DoT/4.82% WS. Perdu: 12.8% DoT/12.8% WS.

Conclusions: Perdu Sickle almost beats Vendetta/Supremacy with the delay alone; adding extra accuracy/haste/attack/etc just seals the deal completely.
By volkom 2010-02-16 15:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

But doesn't vendetta hit harder? and get more tp per hit?
and you're arguing over a delay in which is 528 to 501. in the grand scheme of things that's not going to make a difference. and i honestly can't think of a fight in which a drk is going to be whacking on something for over 30min straight unless its a campaign and youre beatting on a wall. If you use assault earring ethereal/brutal. sure' you'll hit a little harder, but the chance to double attack when subbing sam is so minimal it doesn't matter. Also. from the post above. why would you use ares pants for? the -mnd/int hurts your dmg modifiers for guillo/insurgency/spiral/crossreaper. why also wear ares pants for. the chance for that double attack to proc for ur ws is also very low. Aurum cuisses. lol you sacrafice attack with more acc, and the dmg modifier is just the same. Shadow cuishes gives acc and attack. and also adds mnd/int which adds to ur dmg modifiers for all drk ws. Black/onyx pants. yeah. sure get 4~5 str and more attack. but u'll lack accuracy. and if u get hit, u take far more dmg.
Also a comment for the poster above. Why adaman hauberk over hecatomb body? the dex doesn't modify ur dmg on scythe ws. just makes it a tad bit more accurate. I'll admit. adaman hauberk would be a better choice for all other races. but for mithra, they got the best dex. so why not pump more str out with heca body. it gives 12 str and 10 acc
By volkom 2010-02-16 15:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

was that math just based on gear alone or was races involved?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-02-16 15:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
But doesn't vendetta hit harder? and get more tp per hit? and you're arguing over a delay in which is 528 to 501. in the grand scheme of things that's not going to make a difference. and i honestly can't think of a fight in which a drk is going to be whacking on something for over 30min straight unless its a campaign and youre beatting on a wall. If you use assault earring ethereal/brutal. sure' you'll hit a little harder, but the chance to double attack when subbing sam is so minimal it doesn't matter. Also. from the post above. why would you use ares pants for? the -mnd/int hurts your dmg modifiers for guillo/insurgency/spiral/crossreaper. why also wear ares pants for. the chance for that double attack to proc for ur ws is also very low. Aurum cuisses. lol you sacrafice attack with more acc, and the dmg modifier is just the same. Shadow cuishes gives acc and attack. and also adds mnd/int which adds to ur dmg modifiers for all drk ws. Black/onyx pants. yeah. sure get 4~5 str and more attack. but u'll lack accuracy. and if u get hit, u take far more dmg. Also a comment for the poster above. Why adaman hauberk over hecatomb body? the dex doesn't modify ur dmg on scythe ws. just makes it a tad bit more accurate. I'll admit. adaman hauberk would be a better choice for all other races. but for mithra, they got the best dex. so why not pump more str out with heca body. it gives 12 str and 10 acc
1) Perdu/Moli actually get 100% TP faster as long as you land 2+ Guillotine hits
2) Brutal earring owns any other earring for both TP and WS
3) Black/Onyx cuisses > Ares'/Shadow, if you're worried about taking dmg, there are macros.
4) The 13ish attack and 12.5 acc on aberk beats the heck out of heca's +2 str for Guillotine/Insurgency (for spiral hell/SS/GroundStrike, this is debatable)
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 15:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
But doesn't vendetta hit harder? and get more tp per hit?
and you're arguing over a delay in which is 528 to 501. in the grand scheme of things that's not going to make a difference. and i honestly can't think of a fight in which a drk is going to be whacking on something for over 30min straight unless its a campaign and youre beatting on a wall. If you use assault earring ethereal/brutal. sure' you'll hit a little harder, but the chance to double attack when subbing sam is so minimal it doesn't matter. Also. from the post above. why would you use ares pants for? the -mnd/int hurts your dmg modifiers for guillo/insurgency/spiral/crossreaper. why also wear ares pants for. the chance for that double attack to proc for ur ws is also very low. Aurum cuisses. lol you sacrafice attack with more acc, and the dmg modifier is just the same. Shadow cuishes gives acc and attack. and also adds mnd/int which adds to ur dmg modifiers for all drk ws. Black/onyx pants. yeah. sure get 4~5 str and more attack. but u'll lack accuracy. and if u get hit, u take far more dmg.
Also a comment for the poster above. Why adaman hauberk over hecatomb body? the dex doesn't modify ur dmg on scythe ws. just makes it a tad bit more accurate. I'll admit. adaman hauberk would be a better choice for all other races. but for mithra, they got the best dex. so why not pump more str out with heca body. it gives 12 str and 10 acc

1. DoT = Damage over time. Yes Vendetta will hit a little harder but also a little slower. Perdu hits quicker but not as hard. End result though is more weapon skills over time. With Perdu you will put out more WSs than Vendetta which over time does more damage than Vendetta. If you're just aiming for ZOMG e-peen numbers, then by all means use another scythe but Perdu is your best (aside from Apocalypse) option for overall damage.

As for the legs, MND and INT are modifiers for those WSs however they are almost useless and don't add/take away much from them. Look at any good DRKs WS gear and you'll find almost no MND or INT+. Mostly just Accuracy, STR and attack. Losing a little MND or INT for WS isn't as big a deal as you may think.
By volkom 2010-02-16 15:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

k well if mnd and int mods are near useless. then why is it even a modifier at all?
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 15:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Because SE gave all WSs modifiers. Just because you boost them doesn't mean you're going to do more damage.
By volkom 2010-02-16 15:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Because SE gave all WSs modifiers. Just because you boost them doesn't mean you're going to do more damage.

IF this is what you're saying. then we're all playing ffxi wrong. whats the point to having crap loads of str then? guess its for nothing.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 15:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

IF this is what you're saying. then we're all playing ffxi wrong. whats the point to having crap loads of str then? guess its for nothing.

No actually it doesn't. STR has been shown time and time again to actually boost your damage output done by WSs hence why most people pile as much as they can along with attack and accuracy.

I'll try to find you the link to the information I'm referring to.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-16 15:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither. Theoretical vacuum; I wasn't using a real set of statistics, just an approximated baseline.
Quote:
But doesn't vendetta hit harder?

Per hit, yes.
Quote:
and get more tp per hit?

Extra TP is almost useless unless it drops you a hit, especially on a 2hander. Getting to 100 is all that matters.
Quote:
and i honestly can't think of a fight in which a drk is going to be whacking on something for over 30min straight unless its a campaign and youre beatting on a wall.

If we fought in a vacuum then yes, the lesser delay would be not that useful. However, when you consider the fact that we fight many mobs, with many different people on it, etc etc - if you get a hit in where you would have not normally, you have gained one hit relative to what you would have before.

To illustrate this, imagine a monster is left with 100 HP. You and a DRG are the only DDs about to attack. Say you have 200 "delay to go" until your attack and 227 "delay to go" with Vendetta and the DRG has 210. Perdu has just given you an extra hit, with extra TP - 1/5 of a WS (in 6hit).
Quote:
brutal. sure' you'll hit a little harder, but the chance to double attack when subbing sam is so minimal it doesn't matter.

5% Double Attack is a pretty hefty increase in damage over time. Everything in this game is a chance - you point out the idea that lowering delay only helps if it "saves you a hit", but by that same virtue, does increasing Attack/STR only help if it makes you hit hard enough to add an extra hit's worth of damage?

There's a chance that the STR/Attack you add will do nothing on the mob in question. If a mob has 100 HP left and you are hitting 150 without the str/atk and 160 with, the str/attack has just contributed 0 extra damage (overkill damage is not "true damage").

Everything in this game is just a chance of increasing your damage - you simply choose the stats which have the greatest odds of doing so.
Quote:
why would you use ares pants for? the -mnd/int hurts your dmg modifiers for guillo/insurgency/spiral/crossreaper. why also wear ares pants for. the chance for that double attack to proc for ur ws is also very low.

I'm not a big fan of Ares pants on Guillo either honestly, but the logic behind it is that the impact of reducing MND/INT isn't particularly significant, whereas 2% DA can be. I favour Black/Onyx myself~
Quote:
Black/onyx pants. yeah. sure get 4~5 str and more attack. but u'll lack accuracy. and if u get hit, u take far more dmg.

5acc isn't a huge sacrifice if you're eating Pizza as you should be in most cases; Black Cuisses are actually quite efficient as far as WS gear goes (compare it to something like Potent/Virtuoso Belt => Warwolf Belt...). You shouldn't get hit while in WS gear anyway. There are better slots to stick accuracy in before dropping Black Cuisses.
Quote:
Why adaman hauberk over hecatomb body? the dex doesn't modify ur dmg on scythe ws. just makes it a tad bit more accurate.

It's mainly because Adaman Hauberk is the most efficient weaponskill body in the entire game for DRK, sans its HQ. 12.5accuracy and ~14Attack vs 2STR is not really a competition by any stretch of the imagination (14Attack will outdamage 2STR comfortably in most non-attack capped situations anyway) - with your comments about accuracy above, you could drop Heca Harness for Ebody and gear up 12.5acc's worth of offensive stats - this will easily outdo the 2STR difference.
By volkom 2010-02-16 15:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the formula/algorithm to determine guillotine's damage?
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-16 15:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Weapon_Skill_Damage
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-16 15:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, guess my reply did take a while to type up...

Regarding weaponskill mods;

The weaponskill damage equation is as follows:

(D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP * Pdif

D = DMG on the weapon
fSTR = STR function
WSC = Weaponskill mod
fTP = TP modifier (first hit only)
Pdif = Attack function

If STR is a mod on the weaponskill in question, increasing it both increases WSC and fSTR. In the case of MND, it only increases WSC.

EDIT: I should also note that adding/subtracting MND is not even guaranteed to cause a change in WSC... in some cases, it won't even be touched.

Note fSTR does cap but WSC never does. This does not practically happen often on DRK multihit weaponskills though unless you specifically pump full on STR gear since the fSTR cap on Scythes is very high (higher DMG = higher fSTR cap).
By volkom 2010-02-16 15:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

okay~ so what would the weaponskill dmg be for mithra (using my stuff) and a mithra using the stuff everyone else likes?
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 15:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
okay~ so what would the weaponskill dmg be for mithra (using my stuff) and a mithra using the stuff everyone else likes?

>.> So now we have to do the math for you?... We'd have to know all your merits before we could honestly begin.
First Page 2 3