My DRK Ws Gear Lol.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » my DRK ws gear lol.
my DRK ws gear lol.
By volkom 2010-02-16 16:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i got 75 sam and merited lol.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 16:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so by seperate account you mean an account that was given to you by a friend? Cuz now we're entering the "WTF?!" zone. You have another account with DRK zerg builds already but you're lvling DRK on another account just for the sake of lvling it instead of showing up SAM which will be more widely used anyways even after you gear your DRK?

I hate to break it to you but if you're gearing DRK in the hopes of using it for non-zerg situations while having a fully merited SAM with decent gear (don't know your gear but going to give you the benefit of the doubt), you're going to get shot down so fast when you want to come DRK. Outside of zerg, SAM > DRK. Truth hurts.
By volkom 2010-02-16 16:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah got the account from a friend a few years ago after the duping bans, Anywho tho, I want to get epic high numbers on my mithra drk w/o getting apoc. So from my first post. With that current gear. what do you think so far. REGARDLESS if i swinged slow or what not OR IF i wanted to zerg with my drk. what do you think of that current setup?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-16 17:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK doesn't really get "Epic high numbers".
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-16 17:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pole Grip, WS Gorget, Brutal Earring and check your accuracy; it looks like it has the potential to be disasterously low. If this is the case, swap head/hands/waist/ammo first~
Quote:
you're going to get shot down so fast when you want to come DRK. Outside of zerg, SAM > DRK. Truth hurts.

The difference is minor honestly. However, the perceptions of other people can skew this hugely... I wouldn't really be bothered which DD people played the majority of the time unless needed for a niche function as long as you're within the same kind of general league - a motivated DD is going to output more damage to the extent of easily crossing that gap.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-16 17:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
Yeah got the account from a friend a few years ago after the duping bans, Anywho tho, I want to get epic high numbers on my mithra drk w/o getting apoc. So from my first post. With that current gear. what do you think so far. REGARDLESS if i swinged slow or what not OR IF i wanted to zerg with my drk. what do you think of that current setup?

Stack STR as much as possible, sub /THF and use Spiral Hell. You'll hit 2200+ no problem with 300% TP.
By volkom 2010-02-16 17:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
DRK doesn't really get "Epic high numbers".

Well thats my goal. to get my DRK to get EPIC High numbers lol
By volkom 2010-02-16 17:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

oh. and I want to sub sam doing it
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-02-17 07:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want epic spike-dmg, level WAR.
Berserk, warcry, hasso, warrior´s charge, mighty strikes -> King´s justice.
DRK is a very powerfull job, but it´s not the job with the biggest spike-dmg, maybe if you´r a galka that just pulled off a good drain 2 and do a 2k hp souleater guillotine, but yeah..

Allso, if you happen to end up in a party without attack-buffs, there´s a big chance great sword dmg will out-do scythe.
Guillotine is heavily affected by attack, so it sucks on anything hard, and mostly anything you dont get any attack buffs for.

But well, as other people said, think about the big picture, tp phase is important. Perdu will probably allso give you sexy ws numbers, as guillo is heavily dependant on attack, so it wont just make you swing faster.

Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-17 07:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I have parsed my DRK I come out very close to 50:50 WS:TP damage.

The last merit party I was in, I averaged just under 800 on Guillotine, with spikes up to 1200 (DA with last resort etc). With some nicer gear you might be able to move that towards 1000 average and 1500 spike.

But you won't be busting out 2k+ spikes like you can on Raging Rush or Drakesbane.

DRK can do some big spike damage with Soul eater + Guillotine, but obviously you can't spam that.

Simply but, if all you want is big WS numbers, you are leveling the wrong job. SAM, WAR and probably DRG will but higher WS numbers than DRK in nearly all situations. But DRK will out have one of the highest DoTs of all the 2 handers.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-02-17 07:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
i got 75 sam and merited lol.

expand on this for epic numbers

as SAM/WAR in BRD + COR parties I avg 1300ish Penta's
highest spike has been 2400

or COR/WAR and avg 1600ish Slugs =P

between picking a job i have to merit with

SAM > DRG > WAR
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-02-17 07:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Every time I have parsed my DRK I come out very close to 50:50 WS:TP damage.

The last merit party I was in, I averaged just under 800 on Guillotine, with spikes up to 1200 (DA with last resort etc). With some nicer gear you might be able to move that towards 1000 average and 1500 spike.

But you won't be busting out 2k spikes like you can on Raging Rush or Drakesbane.

DRK can do some big spike damage with Soul eater Guillotine, but obviously you can't spam that.

Simply but, if all you want is big WS numbers, you are leveling the wrong job. SAM, WAR and probably DRG will but higher WS numbers than DRK in nearly all situations. But DRK will out have one of the highest DoTs of all the 2 handers.
This.
Depending on your playstyle, you can still outparse/parse really close to the other dds, but obviously, a good polearm dd is hard to outdo on birds. But you said you wont do birds on drk, so that dont matter I guess. Play the job correctly, and you´ll do good.
Remember that ACC and ATK are important stats on guillo, please dont use a gimp ws-set for guillo acc-wise, you might get good numbers when all hits lands, but your avarage is gonna suck.