Blue Mage Lack Of Pt Invites / Solo Guide?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Blue Mage Lack of pt Invites / Solo Guide?
Blue Mage Lack of pt Invites / Solo Guide?
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-28 10:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I am trying to Level my BLU as I find it very fun to play, but lately is has been very difficult to get pt invites :( ... I am BLU50 atm and I want to know what I have to do to get a pt invite lol..

Also, if any of you have an idea of where I can/should solo at this level.

Thanks!
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-28 10:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Make your own parties, or follow the BLM solo guide, @50 Goblin Leeches in Gustav tunnel is good if i remember rightly.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-12-28 10:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU can follow just about the same formula as BLM pets solo. Go /NIN and spell spam. Make sure your skill is capped as often as possible for no resists, and you should be more than fine. Ran into quiiiite a few BLUs soloing BLM camps when I was helping a friend boost to 75 recently.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 10:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually pretty sure wiki has a blu solo guide too. If you gear for haste/acc dex then str most the way up you can more or less headbutt lock most T/VTs. Which is how I solo'd pretty much all my spells.
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-28 10:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Thanks guys. I guess I'll try the BLM camps then. I always use /NIN for dual wield and Utsusemi, but I am leveling THF for pt later after lv60.

Is it going to be this hard from now on to get pt invites?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 11:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I wouldn't know about how hard it is to get pts. I was going /thf pretty much since I got jetstream except those times I was the tank lol.

Now this was a good 1-2 years ago but I got pt invites pretty good all the way up to around 70ish... though tbh I didn't really seek that much mostly was doing campaign cause I kinda liked it.
By semimmortal 2009-12-28 11:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be tough now than a long time ago (due to nearly everyone leveled tank jobs and never bother to touch it other at EGs). At least that was on my sever.
Once you reach the bird camp level, it should be quick getting invites (or at least I did at that level :D).

Though I'd rather solo BLM pets than pt, had so many dysfunctional setups that makes me want to /wrist.
One thing to avoid when using the BLM pets solo guide are the SMN pets, they're pretty nasty :x
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-28 11:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I love campaign battle... I am meriting my PLD there... but that's a long way to go for my BLU (I don;t think I'll get much exp below lv60... Do you think I should finish leveling THF and start lfp /THF? Maybe that's why I am not getting the invites.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 11:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if people would not invite you cause of that. Maybe ask you to change it. Idk I found /thf alot more useful in xping situations. Tanks couldn't come close to keep hate off me otherwise. The bad ones I could rip hate from without casting a single spell thanks to all the str/dex I set lol
By semimmortal 2009-12-28 11:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
I love campaign battle... I am meriting my PLD there... but that's a long way to go for my BLU (I don;t think I'll get much exp below lv60... Do you think I should finish leveling THF and start lfp /THF? Maybe that's why I am not getting the invites.
Maybe, as /THF is one of those sweet subs for BLU (and I find it more efficient casting great spells every one min with SA or SACA, with Headbutts now and then).
Though lately, most see BLU as /NIN onry thanks to all those lolBLUs out there (/cry), so meh. But please do finish leveling it to sub LVL, you'll love it.
As for seeing an increase in invite % chances, maybe a little, but don't put your hopes up too high. Most might prefer non-MP oriented DD jobs (like SAM >.>;)
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-28 12:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all. All this info is great. I will start using /THF as my THF is Lv34 anyways.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 12:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Situationally drk dnc and sch make good subs.

sch and dnc for soloing weaker stuff like campaign ep-Em. Especailly if that suff has mp lol.

drk for really high def stuff so you can still push out really high dmg on multihit spells, though not sure if just doing SA single it be better for that.
By semimmortal 2009-12-28 12:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK's an ok sub, though Soul Eater might be overkill at EXP pts and might make healers hate you for life XD
But I love it!

Don't forget /BST! Great for soloing hard-to-get spells (as well as solo-EXP with better rates than a regular BST).
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-28 13:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

/Thf is basically the /War-/Sam of other DD jobs. Onry use /Nin for situations where survival is more important that damage output.

When I hit 60 on Blu, I sat in campaign battle. As long as someone else is tanking a mob, Blu does well in it. Hell Blu/Dnc is pretty nice but I wouldn't recommend until 70 when you get Curing Waltz II (I think it's 35 for Dnc...)

If you indeed do Blu in campaign, I definately say go /Nin. /Thf will just get you killed.

Edit: This was before they nerfed fortifications and made it so you couldn't get skill-ups on campaign mobs, so you may need to constantly want skill-up parties if you go the campaign battle route.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-28 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I basically did campaign/gobbie pets from 63-75. The simple fact is that a BLU who doesn't know how to play the job will be nothing more than deadweight in AU areas. People tend to assume you know your job by that level, people see you suck, people then think BLU sucks. So... BLUs really don't get invited all that much. Even I am hesitant to invite a BLU.

Also, as far as campaign goes, /SCH becomes a better sub than /NIN at 70. At 75, BLU/SCH can solo campaign mobs more easily (I think) and for better EXP.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 13:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

At 60 with the "in campaign" gear from the last rank a blu should be able to tank 1. -10% dmg from ring and 25vit go a long ways...

I actually rarely use Curing waltz II when /dnc. Mostly do it for the aspir samba, erase... actually that is pretty much it. Even at that it tends to be easier and better than /sch for me even though on paper that looks better. But if I aboslutely need more mp then 3 refresh and aspir samba and the occasional mp drain kiss can give me for some crazy reason (tanking 2+ sam mobs for 1) then being able to cure with tp kinda nice. Or if you need instant curing.

Also though I have never run into this problem /dnc can help you keep hate. Don't forget that that +25 def neck also helps your cures/waltzs
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-28 13:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically I might have to solo most of the time until 60 and then campaign battle?? I mean, it is not a bad plan considering that you can get a decent 10k exp from 1-2 hours of campaign. I could live with that... I need the Allied Notes anyway for my PLD gear lol

Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-28 13:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak for /Sch since I never got around to trying that while I was playing, but I did hear it was boss. Sort of depends on the mob , I guess. Drk or War mobs will shread a Blu - simply too squishy. Sure you can hold it off, but you'll basically be spending so much time healing that you won't put out any damage.

Edit: Everyone looks at Blu as a DD that needs Refresh. No one wants a Blu if there isn't a Rdm in the party, so invites for Blu tend to suck ***.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-28 13:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
I basically did campaign/gobbie pets from 63-75. The simple fact is that a BLU who doesn't know how to play the job will be nothing more than deadweight in AU areas. People tend to assume you know your job by that level, people see you suck, people then think BLU sucks. So... BLUs really don't get invited all that much. Even I am hesitant to invite a BLU.

Also, as far as campaign goes, /SCH becomes a better sub than /NIN at 70. At 75, BLU/SCH can solo campaign mobs more easily (I think) and for better EXP.
All of this. If you're good you stand to be a pretty solid DD and support player in parties, especially with Refresh, but people are leery of bad BLUs and so we don't get a lot of invites. Solo/duoing pet camps is excellent EXP though, so it's not so bad as you might initially think. BLU/SCH 70+ is a beast in Campaign, below that /DNC is probably the way to go (I never /NIN in Campaign since taking damage gives EXP).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 13:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah in campaign I try to purposely gear my self to take as much dmg as I can manage. So if that means switching the vit neck for str so be it... among other changes.

I find aspir samba and erase tends to make up for loss of aspir/sublimation. Then again I find my self taking lots of dmg alot too.

There is also lower lvl imps
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-28 13:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I avoided /Nin once I got 70+ and could take hits. At 60 though a Blu will get that *** handed to if he/she is tanking.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 13:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not if you gear for tanking in campaign!!! Tacos help too.
By semimmortal 2009-12-28 13:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised no one mentioned Imps, those things are lolamazing for BLUs at the early 60's as well as later on :)
Plus it helped me gather all those Imperial Standings!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-28 14:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Surprised no one mentioned Imps, those things are lolamazing for BLUs at the early 60's as well as later on :)
Plus it helped me gather all those Imperial Standings!
The difference is that killing Imps can be costly if you work with minimal income due to Echo Drops. Plus depending on when you go there a BLU who isn't on the ball may get whacked around a bit if only for being slow to use said Echo Drops. Pets only cost in RR items and Campaign is free. Imps are definitely a great way for us to get EXP though.
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2009-12-28 14:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What I did was level sync my butt off til 65 then campaign my butt off. Skill up when u farm the spells.
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-28 15:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind pting, the problem is that the invites are not coming, at least not on my server. How long ago did you leveled your BLU?

Shouldn't /BST work great soloing using the extra CHR from the spells and gear?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 15:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres less to set for chr then you'd think lol.
By semimmortal 2009-12-28 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
I don't mind pting, the problem is that the invites are not coming, at least not on my server. How long ago did you leveled your BLU?

Shouldn't /BST work great soloing using the extra CHR from the spells and gear?
For me, the stats are almost similar (after setting the spells in, though I might then loose some precious points :x). As for the sub, it's amazing when trying to solo spells that are hard for your level.

Used it also when soloing Imps in the mire for a while. Pretty decent and works nicely.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 15:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For soloing spells with only a few exception I found you could solo at or a bit below the lvl even as a taru with pretty just lots of headbutt and utsusemi ichi. Later on Ni and actinic burst come in handy.

And all thru out things like the 2 slows are good. ANd on some where you just can't keep shadows up or they got nasty AOE the sleep spells. Oddly I almost never set healing lol
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-28 15:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so if I decide to build a party myself, which setup you recommend? I know somebody already mentioned that a RDM is imperative, but what else? Can I do BLU, RDM, PLD and 3 DD's? maybe a couple of SAMs and a DRK??
First Page 2