Blue Mage Lack Of Pt Invites / Solo Guide?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Blue Mage Lack of pt Invites / Solo Guide?
Blue Mage Lack of pt Invites / Solo Guide?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 15:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That would work. I wouldn't say that rdm is imperative... you could always juice yourself. Also if you got sanction refresh and autorefresh and you are primarily meleeing and mostly just SAing spells won't.... you should easily do more than break even.

I spent alot of my early days on blu with lots of thunder and watermelons and water crystals and constantly making juice lol
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-28 15:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
That would work. I wouldn't say that rdm is imperative... you could always juice yourself. Also if you got sanction refresh and autorefresh and you are primarily meleeing and mostly just SAing spells won't.... you should easily do more than break even.

I spent alot of my early days on blu with lots of thunder and watermelons and water crystals and constantly making juice lol

Thanks a lot Dasva. I will try to get a party going tonight and see how it goes... I've never done it before. I am lazy and besides being a PLD almost guarantee 2-3 pt invites every 5 mins lol
By semimmortal 2009-12-28 16:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
Ok, so if I decide to build a party myself, which setup you recommend? I know somebody already mentioned that a RDM is imperative, but what else? Can I do BLU, RDM, PLD and 3 DD's? maybe a couple of SAMs and a DRK??
Setup's good.
Depending on what you're fighting, RDM isn't a must per se. MP Drainkiss is your best friend (especially when MB'ed for 100+MP return).
Though if fighting MP-less mobs, just make sure to get as much +hMP to gain as much MP when resting.

Also having a THF would be nice to TA the tank (allowed me to spam more spells without having the mob eating me).

If you can, see if you can add a BRD or COR into your pt list. Turns a "meh" pt into a "OK, this is alright".
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-28 16:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah nothing like a RLB SATACA mandibular bite lol.
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2009-12-28 19:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For solo, I /dnc and did FOV in beaucedine>Xarcabard>Ro'Maeve. @50 you will have spectral jig, and aspir samba. I also did CBs a lot. It's not the fastest, but it's easy and you get a little money and some tabs... /DNC slows you down, but adds a great deal of survivability.

The eyes, some gobs, some demons, and weapons have MP that you can steal, and you can get FOV refresh, which will help lower your down time. Good luck, I was only ever able to get parties with my friends.
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-29 08:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get a party invite on east ron S, only to find out that the party disbanded right when I paid 3k for retrace and was already at Sandy S. So I decided to try campaign battle being BLU50/THF25 which was a complete failure cause, even tho I didn't die and took some damage, I was hitting only air with my spells and sword. Then I warped back to sandy S and took a choco to kill some time fighting ladybugs and colibris (4 ladybug wigns = 3k if you trade them to NPC). There was a 3 people party with PL (DRG, BLU and DNC) for which I sadly begged to be added to and I was :D.. Now I am BLU52

Just wanted to share my misery lol... oh btw, can you recommend a good guide on how to play BLU on Pts? To be honest I've been playing it basically "meleeing" and using head butt, wild oats, bludgeon, foot kick, power attack, metallic body and cocoon.

Thanks for reading all that..
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-29 08:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

@58/59 you can duo Orderly Imps in Mire. Currently I would solo there on my blu going /nin since it's the only sub. They rate T-VT+ and it's easy as long as you have the MP to throw at them and the gil for echo drops.

I've never had pt invite problems in the 50's, but the last time I did blu in an exp pt I was /drk (which is lol, but only sub outside of whm).
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2009-12-29 10:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If I can do campaign battle and get 1k-1.5k exp a run I'll do that instead of soloing... the problem is to get the next 8 levels to 60...

I can live with getting 10k exp every 2-3 hours from campaign battle plus the allied notes that I need for my PLD gear.

The question is: can I get that from campaign at BLU60?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-29 10:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe though I doubt you can do it without taking a bit of dmg and healing it. Which at that lvl pretty much would require a nice defensive set up to survive tanking just 1 non sam mob. Like The campaign -10% dmg ring and the +25vit neck. You could try without see what happens though
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-29 10:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
Just wanted to share my misery lol... oh btw, can you recommend a good guide on how to play BLU on Pts? To be honest I've been playing it basically "meleeing" and using head butt, wild oats, bludgeon, foot kick, power attack, metallic body and cocoon.
Drop Bludgeon, Foot Kick, Power Attack, and Metallic Body. Cocoon is mostly unnecessary if your party has solid hate control but otherwise it's a lifesaver. Offensive Blue Magic gains damage as your Blue Magic Skill rises, but there's a cap on this benefit that is reached 15 levels or so after you learn the move. So basically, Bludgeon capped out back around the mid-30s; Foot Kick and Power Attack capped even earlier.

I'd opt for Sickle Slash and maybe also Mandibular Bite for damage at your level, preferably paired with SA and CA if possible. RLB-Sickle Slash makes Gravitation if you need to burst MP Drainkiss for MP. Bring a Dark or Pluto's Staff to use with MP Drainkiss... you'll have just used up your TP anyway and it helps so much. Beyond that I typically focus on light sword DoT, Head Butt to stun-lock, enfeebling when viable, and support curing if necessary. Frightful Roar and Filamented Hold are good choices provided they actually land on the target mob and AoE isn't an issue. Filamented Hold is cone AoE so even if you're surrounded just turn around to make it single-target. Don't forget Refueling!

Lower levels the spells change but the principle stays the same. I completely dropped using Bludgeon after getting Jet Stream and opted for /THF when possible for SACA Uppercut and then later Mandibular Bite, Sickle Slash, Death Scissors... up until I could /NIN in EXP again come 74/75.

Leviathan.Tamian said:
If I can do campaign battle and get 1k-1.5k exp a run I'll do that instead of soloing... the problem is to get the next 8 levels to 60...

I can live with getting 10k exp every 2-3 hours from campaign battle plus the allied notes that I need for my PLD gear.

The question is: can I get that from campaign at BLU60?
I don't know about if you can playing offensively, though you likely could with /THF if you're careful about hate control and don't try to solo anything. You could /WHM or /SCH and focus on cures and enfeebling as an alternative.
 Fairy.Aiburn
Server: Fairy
user: Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2009-12-29 10:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the one I used. Its an old one and doesn't include the areas in the past. But still a good one. Hope it helps you.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ffxi&thread.id=237037