Seveneyes - Is It Worth It?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Seveneyes - Is it worth it?
Seveneyes - Is it worth it?
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 00:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Was duoing imps with a friend today, and we went to Khimaira just for a change in scenerey. I noticed a lot of people from HNM Ls and concluded Khim window must be open so when he AFK'd I moved there. When he came back, he surprised me there and when we got bored we joked we'd claim Khim.

That joke became a reality, when we noticed people buffing he spammed Dia, I spammed Cannonball and we actually got it! Knowing we wouldnt last, we formed with the first Linkshell that offered, and I said Seveneyes is mine. They agreed, but after it was dead I was booted because I refused to pay the 2M that they normally sell for.

Claiming was a joke, can easily do it again, just curious to know if it's worth it for BLU?
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 00:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for Double Post, just wanted to point out that I wanted it for Regurgitation kiting, maybe not over HQ Water Staff, but for spells like Refueling, and Cocoon, where Staffs don't affect it.
 Siren.Stewie
Server: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2009-12-23 00:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For Buffing while /thf or /mage I guess? I can't see any practical uses for it outside buffing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-23 00:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No. The Conserve MP is maybe 2% of your MP saved on the rare occasions that you'd actually use it (buffs when you don't care about TP), and while it's one of our 3 best clubs by DPS (Perdu topping the list by a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge margin and lolRaphael's Rod topping Seveneyes by a whopping 0.3 DPS)... the DPS is such absolute ***you'd get better results single-wielding Perdu.

WHM/RDM/SCH weapon for non-stat/skill buffs only. For anyone else it's generally inventory -1 and inventory is at a premium these days, especially for BLU.

EDIT: Un-lazied and checked my maths. 7 Conserve MP = ~1.97% MP saved over time.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-23 00:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I wouldn't say 2mil for combine that with a random sheild and you can get higher resist than with stats for rdm/nin tanking magical dmg of those elements. Especially light which is often harder to get as much of and mobs like say ultima are some of the few I actually see people bring rdm/nin tanks to
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-23 00:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well I wouldn't say 2mil for combine that with a random sheild and you can get higher resist than with stats for rdm/nin tanking magical dmg of those elements. Especially light which is often harder to get as much of and mobs like say ultima are some of the few I actually see people bring rdm/nin tanks to
I still don't get why RDM tanking isn't more popular >_> Familiarity and all that I guess. Not like Seveneye's resist stats are terribly useful though... and I'll be honest with you, I'll take consistent but manageable damage from a MDT/MDB set I have lying around anyway over building a light resist set that would see me face down if it failed. Highly unlikely if you've enough resist, but how much is that for CB anyway?
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-23 01:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seveneyes is nice and all, and it helps if you wanna try to be 100% optimal, but personally I dont think it's worth paying for >_>
More of a inventory -1 than real actual help, and like Nightfyre said, it's like 2% mp saved. And that's if you fulltime it(lol).
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2009-12-23 01:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a bit off imo, you claim something, and hand it over to a shell, that let you pay for a drop? vs letting you have a drop(which isnt too useful outside of maxing efficiency). I think what they did was wrong. True you couldnt take it, and all they had to do was wait til you died to claim it, but even then, its an unknown chance of claiming it vs 100% guarantee just to let someone lot on something most HNM shells already have.

What would of been fair, would of been to let you lot it vs anyone who wanted to use their points to lot it. Ppl are just greedy.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-23 01:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I still don't get why RDM tanking isn't more popular >_> Familiarity and all that I guess. Not like Seveneye's resist stats are terribly useful though... and I'll be honest with you, I'll take consistent but manageable damage from a MDT/MDB set I have lying around anyway over building a light resist set that would see me face down if it failed. Highly unlikely if you've enough resist, but how much is that for CB anyway?
I think there is that and that what about the other tank jobs? Often whatever they can switch too wouldn't be as good as them tanking and you supporting lol.

Oh there's probably no way you are gunna be able to force a full 1/16 or even probably 1/8 resist off of it. But just getting 1/2 1/4 would be pretty useful especially on a job that has native MDB. And rdm can hit +180 light resist with that wand so 230 with carol should be sufficient. Though tbh Skirnir's Wand is better for that given 8 more resist and int/mnd to lower dmg a little. And you can get better water resist too not lightning though. And if you ever got a blu to tank it would win.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-23 01:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Hito.
You should post the name of the LS.
I know if I was looking to buy an HNM drop, a story like this would turn me away from this shell and towards a different one.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 01:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Hito + Altar That was their 250th Khimaira kill, every one of their members that wants Seveneyes has it. The deal was that it was mine then they said they thought I meant I wanted to buy it. Im asking if I should camp it, he was easy enough to claim, no way am I paying 2m for that. Not one person needed or wanted it, their past 10+ clubs have fallen to the floor, and their last Hauteclaire did too.

I was not looking to buy it. A few of the alliance people were surprised that I was being forced to pay actually.

As for posting the name of the linkshell, I think I will pass, whats done is done and I don't need enemies. If your on my server then you can ask me via. /t and if not it doesn't really matter :L.
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-23 01:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you camp that god aweful NM if no one needs either drop? XD

I guess maybe to sell but jesus, even then its not worth it.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 02:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It goes to show how little they actually need it, when they update their sites drops with a freaking Berserker's Torque, but not the club.
By semimmortal 2009-12-23 02:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure this isn't the item they might be praying would drop?
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hauteclaire
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-23 02:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Semmi Like I said, theyve got over 250 Khimmys. Their last couple swords have fallen to the ground, and they kicked me well after the mob was dead. I had lotted and they asked me to pay up. Anywyays, simple YES or NO, is it worth it to camp this for BLU.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-23 02:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I dont think Khim is really that awful to camp. yeah the windows are super long (24 hours) but i mean, you really only have to check it once per hour.

Either way, I was able to get my Hauteclaire in this manner. It helped that I had two accounts, so I could claim from competition and dual-box hold long enough for my linkshell to arrive.

If you'd like a Seveneyes, I personally think it'd be worth camping if you have a group that can quickly gather and kill it, or better yet players who are willing to help you camp it. I dont really see what use you'd get out of it as a BLU... but for RDMs and WHMs it's a pretty sexy piece when casting spells that have no stat modifier (such as Haste, Protect, Shell, etc)

I will say this though... ToAU king camps are such a time-intensive event that unless you're willing to sit around doing nothing in-game for many hours then you will get frustrated and give up quickly. I found it much easier to camp with a mule, thus allowing me to do other events with my ls while camping Khim. I also found windower's timestamp to be a godsend, so that I could actually go to bed at night and not have to wake up every hour to check it for ToD. Windows that I'd actively camp with both characters, I found myself lots of time to do stuff away from FFXI... such as play other games, work on the internet, or just go do whatever and check back every hour.

No matter how you choose to camp it, expect to be in it for the long haul. The drop rate on either weapon is pretty low for how difficult it is to camp, claim, and kill. I personally had a great time camping Khim, I love the fight (it's one of my favorites in FFXI), and still enjoy camping it for my linkshell mates long after I received my Hauteclaire. It took me almost 6 months of camping to get the sword, but I eventually did obtain one, and I'm glad I stuck it through.
[+]
By semimmortal 2009-12-23 02:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Opps, left the browser too long and forgot the refresh the page. My bad :P

As for camping it, no point. Unless you want the other drops to sell.
 Siren.Stewie
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2009-12-23 05:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, camping a mob with a 24 hour window doesn't sound very fun.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-23 06:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Anywyays, simple YES or NO, is it worth it to camp this for BLU.

No, it's not worth it.
[+]
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-12-23 12:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stewie said:
Also, camping a mob with a 24 hour window doesn't sound very fun.

no its no, been there done that, kinda gave up with it
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-23 12:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Anywyays, simple YES or NO, is it worth it to camp this for BLU.
No.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-12-23 12:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

no for all jobs >.> seveneyes sucks
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-23 12:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
Find me a better mainhand item for Protect, Shell, Refresh, Haste, -nas, or Blink. Stoneskin too if you don't need more MND. Not saying it's worth a 2M price tag, but suck for all jobs it does not.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-23 12:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Like most things in this game, it has its uses, but you can live without it.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-23 12:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Dajociont said:
Find me a better mainhand item for Protect, Shell, Refresh, Haste, -nas, or Blink. Stoneskin too if you don't need more MND. Not saying it's worth a 2M price tag, but suck for all jobs it does not.

There is no better although this is just over 1% MP saved over time (better HP and MP) and is far easier/cheaper.

I personally cba to camp a 36hr NM for <1%MP saving mace or a blood tanking sword.

Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2009-12-23 13:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Was duoing imps with a friend today, and we went to
That joke became a reality, when we noticed people buffing he spammed Dia, I spammed Cannonball and we actually got it! Knowing we wouldnt last, we formed with the first Linkshell that offered, and I said Seveneyes is mine. They agreed, but after it was dead I was booted because I refused to pay the 2M that they normally sell for.

Next time, sell the claim. If they are selling 7eyes for 2M, they can easily fork over 500k or face having to compete for it.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-12-23 13:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Town gear.

It most definitely does suck. It has its uses but when's the last time someone complained that "Gah, Cursna costs too much MP D:"?

So basically, it has its uses, but then so does tanking gear on SMN.
 Fairy.Brenda
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-23 13:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you want to be efficent, Haste, Pro, Shell, Refresh all this has a pretty high MP cost.

Any MP saved is the same as getting refresh basically.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-12-23 13:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Town gear.

It most definitely does suck. It has its uses but when's the last time someone complained that "Gah, Cursna costs too much MP D:"?

So basically, it has its uses, but then so does tanking gear on SMN.

Conserve MP over nothing on spells that require no other stat boosts in the slot? "Sucks" is not the right word. Not worth working for, yes. But by no accounts does this item suck. I have my Seveneyes macroed in on everything that doesn't require a main slot item to enhance potency. refresh, haste, etc.
 Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-23 14:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

^