This Game Is Supposed To Be Fun.. Right?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » This Game is Supposed To Be Fun.. Right?
This Game is Supposed To Be Fun.. Right?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Seraph.Atalia
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Atalia 2009-12-28 15:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Games are not fun. They are work, strategy guides, virtual status points and superiority, and achievements. Go masturbate if you want to have fun.

If that was sarcasm, it was hilarious. If it wasn't sarcasm...well, it's still hilarious, but for a different reason.

Seriously I second that notion! lmao
[+]
 Hades.Altimaomega
Server: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2009-12-28 16:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

amazing thing this game is, to be so fun/addictive "at times" and yet be able to piss u off so much you want to reach though the screen and *** slap ppl...

ive played this game for 5-6-7 i forgot yrs.. im not an elitist by any means, but <3 to have the best gear possible to whoop some major *** "or get my *** whooped" 'PLD FTW' xD. ive lead LS's, stood by and did my part in other ls's while killing huge NM's or doing the simplist quest.

all in all to answer the main question.. im pretty sure this game is fun.....i think.. OR IT USED TO BE lol

i recently quit about 3 months ago for many of the reasons everyone here has talked about, the main problem in my opionin is OMG EVERYONE CAN BE SELFISH RETARDS.. excuse the caps im venting. i dont mean "everyone" but im gonna go out on a limb and say 85% of the quicky falling game population. there are some really cool/nice/helpful ppl out there "me being one of them" or atleast i tried my best..

but with the game getting bigger and bigger with every stupid stupid "this is not an error" stupid little thing SE add's.

i really think everyone is just getting frustrated with doing new things and old things, with no real game satisfaction because SE cant fix whats wrong with the game, instead they just throw this new half assed game content at us and hope we stay happy long enough to get the next $13 from us.

i was really thinking about coming back to this game cause i do miss it... it can be fun.. but really to be truthful this game needs to die, its had a good run and from the looks of things its losing gamers by the day.. all that needs to be done now is for someone to grow some balls and pull the plug.

on the bright side FF is making a new MMO so we can all start this "fun" over again. with that Diablo 3 and starcraft 2, we can all look forward to haveing no live's for a very very long time^^

Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2009-12-28 16:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO I feel that another reason there's so much discord within this game is that over the last year and a half (roughly) SE has thrown so much more at us that it's simply an overload. They added 3 mini expansions...ZNM's...MMM's...WoTG...synergy...Salvage...Nyzul...Einherjar and god knows what else. Before it just used to be Sea/Sky/Dynamis. All in all thats a bit much and trying to find people who have not only the time but the dedication is getting harder and harder with a shrinking player base.
By Kittykite 2009-12-28 18:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

xD that sounds like something i would do lunatone, i usually 2 hour for no reason at all cause its hilarious and my friends are just like "did he just 2 hour O.o" its priceless xD
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-12-28 18:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

MMO's are fun. But once you substitute the fun of "just playing" for the "fun" of achievement/elitism, you've pretty much doomed yourself.

There is no way that mindset can end well - not just due to the enormous real life sacrifices you must make to maintain your in-game superiority, but due to the fact such "fun" requires inter-player drama and conflict to validate itself. It becomes the bedrock of your entire gaming experience. You are, in effect, setting yourself up to be miserable.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-28 18:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just playing MMO's sets you up to be miserable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mahorosama
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mahorosama 2009-12-28 18:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
But once you substitute the fun of "just playing" for the "fun" of achievement/elitism, you've pretty much doomed yourself.

...You are, in effect, setting yourself up to be miserable.

Well said, that can also be said about other aspects of real life ;) Substitute "just playing" for enjoying what you have, be it friends, family, etc (the stuff you read when you hit that play button!) and "fun" with career promotions, money, tangible items, and possibly some intangible...things?
 Lakshmi.Chimeran
Server: Lakshmi
user: chimeran
By Lakshmi.Chimeran 2010-01-25 22:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
MMO's are fun. But once you substitute the fun of "just playing" for the "fun" of achievement/elitism, you've pretty much doomed yourself.

There is no way that mindset can end well - not just due to the enormous real life sacrifices you must make to maintain your in-game superiority, but due to the fact such "fun" requires inter-player drama and conflict to validate itself. It becomes the bedrock of your entire gaming experience. You are, in effect, setting yourself up to be miserable.

Aye! I say this all of the time. I pay $12.95ish x 2 a month for entertainment, not stress or drama or to sit around waiting for freakin' KV to pop for someone else. If I choose to PL myself cause I live leveling without dying, who are they to judge! *grin*
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-01-25 22:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic reminds me that I need to figure out how to get rid of my achievement ranking. I get this weird voice in my head saying "GRIND MOAR, YOU WANT A HIGHER NUUUMBER."
 Asura.Lordgenbu
Server: Asura
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-25 22:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Joons said:
This game is not fun. Its an addiction. thats about all i have to say about that...

Especially when people you thought were your friends steal from you.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-25 22:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

this game is fun...

like puppies...

just not furry and playful...

more like gnawing and irritating...

wait, the game isn't fun...

more like pulling teeth.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-25 22:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Joons said:
who stole from you?

Poupee stole my sexy rings that I asked for back a lot but whatever.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-25 22:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Joons said:
what rings? and im sure she is just playin lol

Nah I quit and I wanted my rings back so I asked her kindly to give it back. So she blisted me/ignored me and some of my friends. Look at her AH profile, I used to be number 1. Now I'm not on her AH friends list. Elvaton tried getting the rings back and Brcsucks warned me that she's not exactly to be trusted but of course me being too nice I did it anyways. My fault, who cares. Simply don't let that little 15 year old girl borrow ***.

Edit: Mah Wivres for EVA! D:
Stupidly rare rings too.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-01-25 23:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordgenbu said:
Asura.Joons said:
Nah I quit and I wanted my rings back so I asked her kindly to give it back. So she blisted me/ignored me and some of my friends. Look at her AH profile, I used to be number 1. Now I'm not on her AH friends list. Elvaton tried getting the rings back and Brcsucks warned me that she's not exactly to be trusted but of course me being too nice I did it anyways. My fault, who cares. Simply don't let that little 15 year old girl borrow ***. Edit: Mah Wivres for EVA! D: Stupidly rare rings too.
omg you told me i could keep them!
[+]
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-25 23:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Asura.Lordgenbu said:
Asura.Joons said:
Nah I quit and I wanted my rings back so I asked her kindly to give it back. So she blisted me/ignored me and some of my friends. Look at her AH profile, I used to be number 1. Now I'm not on her AH friends list. Elvaton tried getting the rings back and Brcsucks warned me that she's not exactly to be trusted but of course me being too nice I did it anyways. My fault, who cares. Simply don't let that little 15 year old girl borrow ***. Edit: Mah Wivres for EVA! D: Stupidly rare rings too.

I said keep the pants..

Edit: Nobody keeps my Wivres. Ask in-game what Arivale thinks of his Wivres. Lol
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-25 23:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post inb4'd

Unless you steal them of course, dunno why you would think something like that I would let you keep.
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-01-25 23:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lordgenbu said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Asura.Lordgenbu said:
Asura.Joons said:
I said keep the pants.. Edit: Nobody keeps my Wivres. Ask in-game what Arivale thinks of his Wivres. Lol
no, you said keep them i dont use eva set or thf anymore
[+]
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-25 23:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Asura.Lordgenbu said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Asura.Lordgenbu said:
Asura.Joons said:
I said keep the pants.. Edit: Nobody keeps my Wivres. Ask in-game what Arivale thinks of his Wivres. Lol
no, you said keep them i dont use eva set or thf anymore

Then give the rings to Aislynn or Dukesquirtle.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-01-25 23:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Never give stuff to people, they won't give it back.

If someone asks for something back, let them have it. You didn't work for it anyway.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-25 23:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Never give stuff to people, they won't give it back.

If someone asks for something back, let them have it. You didn't work for it anyway.

Apparently on my server I'm bad because I was in the HNMLS of the LS for 1 year and apparently I'm the thief. I've never stolen anything from anyone, just have people backstab me and ***. It's really annoying, biggest reason I quit this damn game.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-01-25 23:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, people are ***, people are awesome. Good luck and you find the nice ones, bad luck and you get branded a thief and a selfish ***. (Been there)
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-25 23:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the little 15 year old *** that lives in Colorado or whatever is lucky she gets some rare *** rings, that's for damn sure.
[+]
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-01-26 00:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes because you've been making them. Lol
[+]