New NM's And You, A Growing Guide The The New Nm's Of Vana'diel.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » New NM's and you, A growing guide the the new nm's of Vana'diel.
New NM's and you, A growing guide the the new nm's of Vana'diel.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 21:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Notes on Canal Moocher

It hits like a mofo truck. Did 200 damage on myself personally and 150~ish damage on Garuda. Avatars have that nice physical reduction trait (or a much higher def than most people can get) so I doubt a PLD would be able to tank it.

Oh yeah, Add effect: Plague = aids. Not virus btw, its plague, meaning 3 mp per tick refresh DRAIN and 3 tp per tick regain DRAIN.

CAN BE SOLOED BY A VERY SKILLED SMN. Or me. Either works.

It drops.......a water crystal so far lol.

The other NM, Brazen Bones, hits harder.

Brazen Bones has added effects of Enblizzard III (thats right, III) which does 45-55 damage per hit, and Ice Spikes II which does 78 per melee hit. Paralyze procs EVERY HIT, its like a mofo stun that never goes away. Oh yeah, he hits like a train. 350-450 PER HIT on a SMN, 200-250 per hit on an avatar, Double Attacks more than a Joy-toy, has 100% Enblizzard that ADDs 45-55 damage, and is near a bunch of EP-DC undead....

CAN BE SOLOED BY A VERY SKILLED SMN. I would have shown it, but I got R0 when it was at 50% and my RR was down -.-

I thought you guys would like to know these two mobs, since they are not on the list.
 Sylph.Drohk
Server: Sylph
user: Drohk
By Sylph.Drohk 2009-11-12 21:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah a lot of these new mobs hit hard as well as effect you with this plague that does a number of draining, I just noticed the TP drain, but explains why my pld's MP was 0 lol. (Paladin w/ hp/tp drain effect on them) = d.e.a.d.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-12 21:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

in all honesty, I don't think SE intended these mobs to be solo'd.

Yet.......I solo'd them (almost solo'd the skelly if it wasn't for that stupid R0 -.-)

Oh yeah, and that skelly is a warrior type, shield and club, and takes 15-20 damage per hit from Garuda, Fenrir, and Carby.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-13 00:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, silly me, got confused between Capricious Cassie and Courier Carrie....
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-13 00:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Korpg, this is in Toraimorai Canal, right? I'm just guessing from the name and the looks of your screenshot. Also, did you manage to get a pos? Or describe your surroundings, either works. It's cool if you didn't, just wondering :) Thanks for the info!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-13 01:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated to this page:
Thanks again for all the positive feedback and the additional entries; definitely be sure to let me know if you spot any errors, I'm only writing this in and have only spotted a few repeat NMs that have been spelled differently, etc. I can only confirm if the item is REAL or not by the New Items Added list.

If you can't tell by the table below, the most I'm asking for is
  1. Zone the NM is found in

2. NM's name

3. General area in which you found the NM; position is the best, landmarks work too if you don't remember the position

4. Item dropped by NM

5. Additional notes, especially the behavior of the NM and its spawning, the NM's stats, as well as how you defeated it, or if you couldn't defeat it, an educated guess as to how many people it would take (by a party or alliance).

At the VERY least, if you have found an NM, I require the NAME and ZONE.

Updated as of 11-13-09; 2:59AM PST--both from this thread and the New NMs? thread.

ORIGINAL AREAS

ZONE NAME AREA DROPS EXTRA NOTES
Attohwa Chasm Sargas Aptant: Aecus Shock Spikes
Batallia Downs Eyegouger Around (J-8) ~4000HP, has Enblind
Skirling Liger Stormer Earring ~2500-3000HP, uses Roar alot.
Prankster Maverix "otw to the Eldieme Necropolis south entrance along the spine thingy" Only uses Smite of Rage; does not cast magic.
Buburimu Peninsula Backoo (F-9)
Wake Warder Wanda Melampus Staff
Bibiki Bay Shankha Does not go into its shell; spams Painful Whip.
Beaucedine Glacier CalcabrinaNortheast corner (I-7) Malebolge Mand. Has Endrain, uses Berserk.
Humbaba Radiant Velvet Spams Ice Roar; permanent Ice Spikes; melee damage ~100-150 on THF75
Carpenters' Landing Tempest Tigion "big outdoor area at the North West entrance from Jugner" Elan Earring Extremely high attack rate (like Hundred Fists)
Crawlers' Nest Dynast Beetle (I-9) "Bottem Level" Dasra's Ring Timed spawn (not lottery) every 2 hours
Aqrabumelu "Large circular room off to the left of Tiphia's spawn." Spams Cold Breath for Paralyze and 500dmg on BST75
Cape Teriggan Killer Jonny Around the cliff at (H-7) Difficult hate control. ~100% Double Attack, ~100dmg/tick Enpoison, extremely high accuracy; ~280-350 melee damage, ~400 crit.; highly resistant to Gravity and Bind, but not immune.
Tegmine "popped on the Beach west of OP." Melees for ~160dmg + Enwater effect on RDM75/NIN37. "Similar to Aquarius in attack speed and HP." Slightly resistant to enfeebling ninjutsu, especially Hojo (Paralyze).
Castle Zvahl Baileys Marquis Sabnock "Spawns coffer room, southeast corner of map 2 with the orcs." AstrolabeSpawn time speculated to be ~4 hours. Has Regain and En-TP, bad Accuracy/Evasion; spams Quadrastrike regardless of TP gain, melee dmg ~250-300 on a THF75. Duoable by THF/NIN and NIN/DNC
Castle Oztroja Saa Doyi the Fervid "First Big Room" T. Tama-hagane
Lii Jixa the Somnolist (I-9) 2nd Map Ceres' Spica Timed spawn (not lottery) every 1-1:30hr. WHM-type mob, spams Repose/Cure but did not use Benediction. Easily solo'd by a 75.
Dangruf Wadi Teporingo Item Not Found!
East Ronfaure Rambukk (I-9) Bukktooth
East Sarutabaruta Duke Decapod (F-4)-(G-4) Pelte
Eastern Altepa Desert Nandi Rathe Earring Only used Healing Breeze for ~800-990HP. Easily defeated by BST75 with Courier Carrie.
Sabotender Corrido (H-9) Possibly same level as Cactrot Rapido.
Fei'Yin Jenglot (K-7) First map WHM-type mob, casts Diaga II and Holy. Melee ~100-150 and Crits for 250+ on WHM75.
Sluagh "Where RDM hat ghost pops" Ensang. Cloth ~lv.80, doesn't cast magic.
Fort Ghelsba Kegpaunch Doshgnosh (H-9) spawns on the level with Panzer, but south of it Frugal Cape Has Enfire, minor Regain
Giddeus Some Yagudo! Ephemeral Cloth
Garlaige Citadel
Inner Horutoto Ruins
Jugner Forest Sappy Sycamore (J-6)-(J-7) Seeker Earring
Konschtat Highlands Ghillie Dhu (J-10) Estramacon ~700HP. "Dribble of piss to fight." -Garuda.Wooooodum
Highlander Lizard (E-8) by the campfire. Immortal Molt ~lv.15-20.
Korroloka Tunnel Thoon (G-9) on first map Has ~3000HP, spams Catapult.
King Ranperre's Tomb Barbastelle (J-6) outside the cave and right up the stairs. (First Map)" Felling Axe
Ankou (J-7) Astaroth Cane Appears at night, depops at ~4:00 Vana'diel time.
Lufaise Meadows Sengann Fomor SAM, spawns at ~20:12 like the other fomors. Spams Barbed Crescent; susceptible to Paralyze via Spore from Funguar Familiar
Flockblock "Standing on the west wall in the opening west of the Swirling Vortex from Valkurm Dunes" Uses Petribreath, a cone breath Petrify/hate reset move; hits for ~450+ on a SAM75/NIN37 and ~200-400 on a PLD75, but has poor accuracy. May have movement enhancement. Still unsure as to what sort of setup is required to kill.
La Theine Plateau Slumbering Samwell "at the pond" Samwell's Shank
Lower Delkfutt's Tower Tyrant "pops by the 3 Chaos Dolls on the 1st floor" Aramid Fiber Spams Flash.
Maze of Shakhrami Lesath (H-9) of 3rd Map
Meriphataud Mountains Chonchon (E/F-9) Headlong Belt Reported to have a high drop rate.
Misareaux Coast Goaftrap (L-11) Altdorf's Earring Uses Gloeosuccus, an AoE Slow move. Duoable by COR75/NIN36 with NPC, taking about ~100dmg per hit.
Newton Movalpolos
North Gustaberg Bedrock Barry (G-8) on cliff Flawed Garnet
Ordelle's Cave Bombast Map 3 where 2 other bomb mobs are, close to La Theine Plateau zone Ardent Earring
Outer Horutoto Ruins Legalox Heftyhind (I-7) of the (F-4) tower in West Sarutabaruta Hefty Oak Lbr. Hefty Oak Lumber used in synthing Passaddhi Staff.
Oldton Movalpolos Sword Sorcerer Solisoq (H-11)
Palborough Mines Toxic Tamlyn (G-8) Soloable as BST65/WHM32 with NQ Tiger jug pet in 7-8 hits. Speculated to have higher attack speed than normal Malboro types; uses Bio II every 3-5 hits.
Qu'Vho the Deathhurler "2nd floor middle room-area"
Pashhow Marshlands
Qufim Island Atkorkamuy (F-8) Aptant: Tachus, Aptant: Durus ~6000HP. Uses Whirlwind; is immune to Gravity, Bind, Stun (even Head Butt) and Sleep from RDM with mediocre gear; evaded 100% of of a DRG70's Jumps, but regular evasion rate was normal. Duoable with BLM and SCH75, trioable by 2 SMN75/WHM37s and a BST75/WHM37.
Qoofim (G-6) Spams Splash breath and has Enwater
Ranguemont Pass Mucoid Mass "near the blighted gloom NM" Spellcaster's Ecu DRK-type mob; hits for ~70-90dmg on SAM75/RNG37, approx. lv.50
Rolanberry Fields
Ro'Maeve Fired Urn (K-9)
Steely Weapon NM only takes damage from ranged attacks
Nargun Behind the moongates
Rogue Receptacle Behind the moongates
Martinet (D-9)
South Gustaberg Ghillie Dhu
Tococo (G-7)-(H-7) Armiger's Lace ~120HP
Sauromugue Champaign Blighting Brand (G-7) ~5000HP
Thunderclaw Thuban (E-8)
Tahrongi Canyon Herbage Hunter "West side of the crag" @ (H-6) Precision Bandana
Habrok (F-11) Besieger Mantle Only spawns in windy weather.
The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah Skeleton Scuffler The clearing at (F-8) Only takes damage from blunt weapons. I personally found more than 1 spawn. Speculated to be an "A Shantotto Ascension" expansion mission NM.
Holey HorrorWestern path towards Ro'Maeve around (E/F-7) Casts Aero III; only takes damage from slashing weapons. Speculated to be an "A Shantotto Ascension" expansion mission NM.
Blest Bones (E-7) Only takes damage from magic attacks. I personally found more than 1 spawn. Speculated to be an "A Shantotto Ascension" expansion mission NM.
Huwasi(H-11), north of outpost Spams Crystal Rain for about 150dmg, rate increases as HP drops; melee for ~150dmg
Bastet "Pops near Ro'Maeve in the little area to the right with the Master Coeurl" BLM-type mob, uses thunder-based spells; slow attack speed with low accuracy but has movement speed +. Trioable by THF/NIN, BRD, and NIN.
Elusive Edwin (J-10) Forte Earring Spams Cursed Sphere below 40%HP; has Additional Effect: Silence. Seems to take more damage from ranged attacks from a RNG54/NIN27 than magic damage from a BLM75/SCH37.
Toraimarai Canal Canal Moocher OMGWater Crystal Additional Effect: Plague--a 3MP/tick AND 3TP/tick drain. Dealt ~200 melee damage to a SMN75 and ~150 to Garuda. Soloable by SMN75/WHM37.
Brazen Bones Additional Effect: Enblizzard III, dealing an extra 45-55 dmg every hit, and Ice Spikes II, dealing 78 dmg per hit, paralyze procs every hit. High Double Attack rate, dealing ~350-450 melee damage on a SMN75/WHM37 and ~200-250 on avatar.
Upper Delkfutt's Tower Autarch
Uleguerand Range Frost Flambeau Aptant: Geoc
Valkurm Dunes Metal Shears (I-6)
Hippomaritimus (H-9) Siren Sands near the ruined boat Channeling Robe Uses Screwdriver for ~365dmg on RNG75
West Sarutabaruta Numbing Norman
West Ronfaure Amnita "the wooded area on the way to ghelspa outpost just outside northern sandoria gates" Tenax Strap
Western Altepa Desert Donnergugi (I-6)
Xarcabard Duke Folacor On the hillside (G-7) ??? Ingot Uses Souldrain and Endrain
Barbaric Weapon Found on the way to Castle Zvahl Baileys Permanent Dread Spikes ~56HP/hit on PLD/NIN, spams Whirl of Rage; kitable because of movement-. Seems to have rapid hate decay
Yuhtunga Jungle Koropokkur "Center-ish area"
Pyu the Spatemaker Casts Waterga III and Water IV, uses Jumping Thrust.
Yhoator Jungle Acolnahuacatl "Open area below telepoint" Melee for ~140-240dmg, crit for 300+ with Enstun. Soloable by NIN75.
Powdered Penny (H-9)

ToAU AREAS

Aydeewa Subterrane Lizardtrap BLM-type mob; casts Paralyzga, Blizzaga III, and Blizzard IV
Alzadaal Undersea Ruins Oupire Narigitsune, Ebur Pigment BLM-type mob; casts Aeroga III, Aero IV, has some form of Enspell, possibly Enaero. Susceptible to Elegy/Slow II. Gives title "Oupire Impaler"
Boompadu (I-7) Seems to be highly resistant to Gravity and Bind, and is kitable due to - movement speed. Spams Dire Straight and has a strong Enspell; switches to Earthshatter ~25%HP.
Arrapago Reefs
Bhaflau Thickets Harvestman (I-9) DRK-type mob, ~8-10kHP; Heavy Poison DoT (~100dmg/tick) that wears after 4-7 ticks. Killable by a party of 75s.
Huntsman Aptant: Bellum Duoable by WHM and THF).
Nis Puk "Thickets through the Mamool Ja staging point"
Caedarva Mire Aynu-kaysey (G-9) Reached by using Dvucca Isle Staging Point
Halvung / Mamook
Mount Zhayolm Chary Apkallu (K-8) Aptant: Arkhe Duo'ed by THF/NIN and WHM easily, had Enwater
Wajaom Woodlands Gharial Tartaglia
Chelicerata "In the grass" by the Tigers/Morbols @ (K-9) Aptant: Tachus Similar to normal Chigoe-type mobs: Sight aggro, has high attack rate, Additional Effect: Slow, and is highly resistant to Sleep/Bind/Gravity by a RDM75/BLM37.

PAST AREAS

Beaucedine Glacier [S]
Batallia Downs [S] Casquie "Just north of the spine" Birdbanes Spams TP Reset. Easily duo'd by BST75 and SMN75, possibly soloable by any 75.
Crawlers' Nest [S] Lugh (E-7) Map 2 Chipped Scimitar, Wolfram Steel, Cobalt Ore See New Fomor Weapons
East Ronfaure [S] Melusine (K-5) Ebon Pigment BLM-type pixie mob; spams Blizzaga III, Blizzard IV; has TP move Winterbreeze (Dispel and Stun) that wipes Utsusemi. BLU can stun with Head Butt easily. Duoable by 2 SMN75/WHM37s.
Myradrosh (I-9) WHM-type mob; level 45-50ish
Fort Karugo-Narugo [S] Emel-ntouka (H-6) Avis ~90 minute spawn time after killing the Placeholder "War lizards." Spams Blockhead and triple-attacks often; soloable by THF75/NIN37 and PLD75/THF37 (for TH).
Grauberg [S]
Garlaige Citadel [S] Citadel Pipistrelles SE post "Garlaige Citadel" (present) twice in there news release, this area/NM needs confirmation.
Buarainech (H-7) Map 3 Blunt Lance, Wolfram Steel, Cobalt Ore See New Fomor Weapons
Elatha (F-9) of Map 2 Dull Claymore, Wolfram Steel, Cobalt Ore See New Fomor Weapons
Jugner Forest [S]
Meriphataud Mountains [S]
North Gustaberg [S] Peaseblossum "Spawns slightly north east from where you spawn in" BLM-type mob, casts Aeroga III, Aero IV, Choke, Tornado. High attack rate, uses Autumn Breeze and Zephyr Arrow often.
Pashhow Marshlands [S] Croque-mitaine "The big outdoor area at the northwest entrance from Jugner." Hits ~200dmg on RDM75, 100% Triple Attack rate; has Enpoison for ~50hp/tick and enhanced movement speed (112%). Resistant to Bind, Gravity, and Poison. Bio III initial cast did 2% damage.
Rolanberry Fields [S]
Sauromugue Champaign [S] Hyakinthos (H-10) Lava's Ring Spams Petal Pirouette (Aoe TP reduced to zero)
The Eldieme Necropolis [S] Ethniu (K/L-7) Map 2 Edgeless Knife, Wolfram Steel, Cobalt Ore See New Fomor Weapons
Tethra (K-11/12) Map 2 Cracked Staff, Wolfram Steel, Cobalt Ore See New Fomor Weapons
Vunkerl Inlet [S] Judgmental Julika (G-13) High Double Attack rate and accuracy with Endrain, uses Bad Breath (all debuffs + 500dmg to a RDM75/BLU37); dealt ~250-300 melee damage to a RDM75/BLM37 with no -%Physical Damage Taken gear and ~350 Def, but dealt ~50-70 melee damage to a RDM75/BLU37 with ~650 Def and -40% Physical Damage Taken; speculated to be ~lv.80. Resistant to a RDM75/BLM37's Gravity/Bind/Sleep/Poison/Drain, but susceptible to Slow, Blind, and Paralyze from Ice Spikes. Slow movement speed, so possibly kitable given links are taken care of beforehand.
West Sarutabaruta [S] Belladonna "on the ledge to headstone(G-7/G-8/H-8)?" Virtuoso Belt Spawn time ~1:20-30hr.
Tiffenotte Pixie Ebon Pigment Casts Banishga, Banishga II, Holy, Flash, Amnesia, and Sleepga; Uses 2 types of TP moves: knockback+stun and AoE TP-down+Sleep. Soloable by a SMN75/WHM37.
Xarcabard [S] Zirnitra Hightail Bullet Gives title upon defeat.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 01:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got drop from elusive edwin... note it was actually harder for me to kill as a 75blm/sch with full mp then as a 54rng/nin. Seemed to take a good +50% or more dmg from my rngs attacks like 1800 slugs and about alot less dmg from my nukes all of them even with ES. Though luckily ensilence didn't proc

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-13 01:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear every high-level NM this update deals absolutely beastly damage. I've been hit for over 900 damage with no crit in a single attack round when I got caught out of my PDT gear, it's ridiculous.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 01:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I swear every high-level NM this update deals absolutely beastly damage. I've been hit for over 900 damage with no crit in a single attack round when I got caught out of my PDT gear, it's ridiculous.
Dont forget super resistant to things like sleep grav and bind. I mean Edwin gives no xp to 75 and still hit me like 70 per hit
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-13 01:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Wth job were you on? O_o And what NM? Even the fomors don't hit for that much.

Anye, you can probably make your table sortable if you add a zone for all of them, it will just mean that each zone is listed more than once, that's about it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-13 01:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Dont forget super resistant to things like sleep grav and bind. I mean Edwin gives no xp to 75 and still hit me like 70 per hit
That too, I've been playing with the scorpion NM in Meriphataud (S) and he's completely immune to all three spells. He's also the one who hit me for the above damage, nearly one-shotted me... then the en-Poison killed me.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-13 01:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Anye, you can probably make your table sortable if you add a zone for all of them, it will just mean that each zone is listed more than once, that's about it.
Believe it or not, I'm too lazy. XD I'll probably do it, though.... I thought of it earlier but I wanted to see if rowspan worked or not. Since it did I wanted to use it for the hell of it. :D
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-11-13 04:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know the spawn time on Herbage Hunter?

been here for 4 hours T.T i want the piece for my sam lol.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Server: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2009-11-13 04:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

chonchon seems to pop at (E-9) as well
 Quetzalcoatl.Irie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Galatea
By Quetzalcoatl.Irie 2009-11-13 04:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Legalox Heftyhind - Inner Horutoto Ruins (I-7) of the (F-4) tower in West Sarutabaruta.
Hefty oak lumber...
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-13 04:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You sure that's Inner Horutoto? I have it under Outer, but I'll add it just the same :)

edit: Definitely Outer Horutoto Ruins; the tower @ (F-4) on the West Sarutabaruta map says Outer Horutoto. Thanks anyways :D
 Alexander.Trixan
Server: Alexander
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2009-11-13 05:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In Alazdaal our ls killed qupire and it dropped ebon pigment and 2 cambrice :D. I also encountered Sabotender Corrido yesterday and as soon as I got off chocobo he started to attack and I died.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-11-13 07:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seem to be missing an NM. Goblintrap in East Ronfaure (S). Shows on wiki that he drops the Wilhelm Earring.
 Ramuh.Lucried
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2009-11-13 07:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Barbaric Weapon- attempted to solo and pld/dnc didnt go so well.
came back and rdm/nin attempted to dot kite/nuke seems immune or very resistant to both bind and grav. slow, paralyze, blind landed easily. ended up strait meleeing it took a good 30mins to kill but managed to kill no drop Y.Y pops G-8 east side of big rock on map along the little spine there.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 08:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Hey Korpg, this is in Toraimorai Canal, right? I'm just guessing from the name and the looks of your screenshot. Also, did you manage to get a pos? Or describe your surroundings, either works. It's cool if you didn't, just wondering :) Thanks for the info!
In order for me to solo kill BOTH NMs, I had to pull them from the right map (the one who's zone is Windy) to the left map (the one who's zone is Full Moon Fountain).

The leech's position is the bottom right part of the map, that little dead end circle. If you get a map, you can find it, but I can't atm, got class very soon.

The skelly's position is with a bunch of other skellies in the middle of the map, otw to the starmites you need to kill for rhinostry certificate (or at least, thats the reason why they gave you the certificate).

Both NMs are on the right map btw.

To solo them as a SMN, you have to sneak, pull, and pretty much move the NMs by avatar death to the big circle on the left map. Leech doesn't kill the avatars right off the bat, so you can run for quite a while and wait for the avatar to die. Skelly kills avatars in 2-3 rounds, so you have to switch between Garuda, Fenrir, and Carby.

NOT RECOMENDED TO SOLO ANY OTHER STYLE BUT AVATAR OR PET DEATH. They hurt. And aggro ALL around their spawns hurt also.

I'll try to kill them both again when I get out of class. See ya.
 Seraph.Mooshie
Server: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-11-13 08:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Irie said:
Legalox Heftyhind - Inner Horutoto Ruins (I-7) of the (F-4) tower in West Sarutabaruta. Hefty oak lumber...

Its outer. Managed to sell that oak for 100k so ive been back for more :p
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 09:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Since most already know... I'll post it. But, not all the details til I get a couple drops for my group. >.>

Grauberg (S) - Kotan-kor Kamuy.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-13 09:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gwyllgi
King ramp tomb.

- Spawns on Map 1 at (H-7)/(H-8). (Just outside Crypt ghost's spot)
- Likes to favor Hound breath moves.
- Nachzehrer's in the area are it's PH. Spawns between 1-2hours (usually 2hrs)

I've seen it have between 1475-1650hp, but someone on wiki said 700-1600(Which my hexa did 700 alone) so I'm sticking to my number. Hits for 10-20 to a 75 whm without protect

Oh yeah, drops Gosha Sarashi, the Ninja tool expertise belt

Wiki link: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Gosha_Sarashi

(I fail at linking or forums I guess, can't link it v_v)
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 09:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Gwyllgi
King ramp tomb.

- Spawns on Map 1 at (H-7)/(H-8). (Just outside Crypt ghost's spot)
- Likes to favor Hound breath moves.
- Nachzehrer's in the area are it's PH. Spawns between 1-2hours (usually 2hrs)

I've seen it have between 1475-1650hp, but someone on wiki said 700-1600(Which my hexa did 700 alone) so I'm sticking to my number. Hits for 10-20 to a 75 whm without protect

Oh yeah, drops Gosha Sarashi, the Ninja tool expertise belt

Wiki link: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Gosha_Sarashi

(I fail at linking or forums I guess, can't link it v_v)

Just put the [url] and /url] with the brackets around the link.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-13 09:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gosha Sarashi
Code
[item]Gosha Sarashi[/item]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-13 09:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought Timeworn Warrior in Xarc the other day. Easy fight for my MNK/NIN didnt drop anything but I did get 40 exp so it is at least an EP to a 75. It's a Skellie btw and pops near the southern limit break NM. Also not sure about it's pop condition, haven't seen it since the initial kill, but also haven't camped it.

EDIT: Came across it at G-10
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-13 09:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That NM ram in Lufaise Meadows is "Flockbock" not "Flockblock". =)
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 10:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastet is soloable by a SMN, and a RDM.

Doesn't use TP moves at all.

Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-13 10:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought both of these last night in the highlands as I wanted an Immortal Molt -.-; no drop. Both are extremely trivial for any 75. Probably could be taken by most Lv.25-30

Ghillie Dhu - BST75 CourierCarrie hit it 3 times for ~350 and dead.
Highlander Lizard - BST75 CourierCarrie hit it 3 times for ~350 and dead.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-13 11:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all; I'll soon be closing both NM threads and opening up a new one, but not now. Thanks for all your efforts, and good luck NM hunting!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7