Forum » FFXI » General » Things that should of been in this update
Things that should of been in this update
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 12:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

*Nods.* It is a wee bit of a challenge to hit the top tier even w/o keeping the perp gear. Fortunately, skill doesn't affect the favors "too" much.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-10 12:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
*Nods.* It is a wee bit of a challenge to hit the top tier even w/o keeping the perp gear. Fortunately, skill doesn't affect the favors "too" much.

Yeah but time does... is there anything out on the different tiers and time to each? Or really how strong the other ones are?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 12:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes 90 seconds to hit max favor in general. It's 3 tics per increase.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 13:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
*Nods.* If you have a Summoner that can break the 317 skill barrier, it's pretty pwn.
Could you please elaborate on this TBest?
Well... You won't get the highest tier of favor unless you're at 317 summoning skill. 316 skill = 3mp/tic Refresh from Diab and 317 skill = 4mp/tic Refresh from Diab.

Are you sure? I heard it was 315. I was 314 last night (just got marduk's tiara... whenever I get home to pick it up....) So I'll test it, but I heard 315 :x Kinda sucksss if it's not. Too broke to buy a summoning earring, and I was hoping to eventually be able to perp in evokers+1 shoes instead of icky austere.
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2009-11-10 13:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Um.. Didn't they just pretty much make smn a crappy cor.
 Valefor.Ellise
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 13:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
*Nods.* If you have a Summoner that can break the 317 skill barrier, it's pretty pwn.
Well... You won't get the highest tier of favor unless you're at 317 summoning skill. 316 skill = 3mp/tic Refresh from Diab and 317 skill = 4mp/tic Refresh from Diab.

Are you sure? I heard it was 315. I was 314 last night (just got marduk's tiara... whenever I get home to pick it up....) So I'll test it, but I heard 315 :x Kinda sucksss if it's not. Too broke to buy a summoning earring, and I was hoping to eventually be able to perp in evokers 1 shoes instead of icky austere.

Trying to move this conversation to the summoner's forums... but yeah, please get back to us with your findings Ninian!

Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 13:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

Are you sure? I heard it was 315. I was 314 last night (just got marduk's tiara... whenever I get home to pick it up....) So I'll test it, but I heard 315 :x Kinda sucksss if it's not. Too broke to buy a summoning earring, and I was hoping to eventually be able to perp in evokers 1 shoes instead of icky austere.
Ellise moved the discussion here btw: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5839&page=2#289591. And nope, it's 317.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 13:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Callicantzaros said:

I wouldn't say that... you know each job has certain strengths and weaknesses... everything is situational. I would say that SMN now has the ability to further aid groups with these new abilities. Again all of this just adds another angle to the game and how classes are used.

Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 13:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if the Summoner doesn't use any of the other tools at their disposal and ONLY idles/assaults with their avatar.

Plus, with 317 skill, you're guaranteed to have a lucky roll bonus of that specific stat using a Summoner's avatar.
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2009-11-10 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ai Ellise you are right there. cause I think the smn would kick the cors *** damage wise. I hope you smn are able to get more invites

I was actually hoping to see cor get some updateing
 Diabolos.Vendi
Server: Diabolos
user: Vendi
By Diabolos.Vendi 2009-11-10 13:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick comment on Blm nuking in emnity gear over max dmg or max skill gear...

If your doing that than your one of a couple things.. Either your highly ignorant, or your using a (not so) justifiable reason for having gimp gear. Excuses such as.. your tank could be bad.., or you do too much dmg in max dmg gear, or you just have to plain 'watch' your emnity are not reasons to use emnity gear. Those situations are reasons to use lower tier spells, such as using tier3 instead of tier4/AM2 and spacing out your nukes more. You could argue that by reducing emnity you can cast more instead of spacing out your nukes, but you have to keep in mind all that your sacrificing when you do that.

Lets try stacking on Emnity gear because your tank sux when your fighting an HNM. Good luck getting any dmg done. I know we weren'ttalking specifically about HNM's so I wont act as though we were. The same thing applies to almost anything else, a higher dmg per nuke will always be more mp efficient meaning you could drop down a nuke tier if emnity is an issue. Not sure about you pro'emnity ppl, but I'd rather have almost every nuke count than be shooting blanks because of lower skill.

Though I don't have blm75 I do have Sch75 and when I'm nuking I would never sacrifice my dmg or resist rate for the sake of emnity. You need all the skill and dmg possible to make all your mp worth its use.
[+]
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-11-10 13:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If they ever do add Aspir II, make it work like Drain II in that the MP you suck out can push up your Max MP. That would make it amazing...
[+]
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 13:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ai Ellise you are right there. cause I think the smn would kick the cors *** damage wise. I hope you smn are able to get more invites

I was actually hoping to see cor get some updateing

Right or wrong it's all about balance :) Being able to play any job has some advantages I guess. Just keep an open mind and remember that there are 2 sides to every story :)

Cheers!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-10 13:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ai Ellise you are right there. cause I think the smn would kick the cors *** damage wise. I hope you smn are able to get more invites I was actually hoping to see cor get some updateing

Lol I'd like to see a smn that full times diablos next to them kick a cors *** dmg wise without some serious outside refresh. Also note that avatars favor decreases all avatar dmg by 15%
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 13:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lol I'd like to see a smn that full times diablos next to them kick a cors *** dmg wise without some serious outside refresh. Also note that avatars favor decreases all avatar dmg by 15%

I don't think we are having a PvP contest here. Just speaking from a group support stand point :)
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2009-11-10 13:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope no PvP contest here. Just hope that they now fixed carby mitts for you folks.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 13:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope no PvP contest here. Just hope that they now fixed carby mitts for you folks.

It's fixed according to other players :)
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-10 13:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Vendi said:
Lots of text.

Lol it's a joke about having to wear -ENM gear on BLM.

Just a heads up on that subject.

Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-11-10 20:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

u can get a +10 smn skill staff from one the annms. if im reading right wiht that u can basicly replace a fay cozier / b staff when diabolos out and increase refrsh to party
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-11-10 21:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"The Ability to Select Duel anyone you encounter anyone anywhere" That would be fking awesome! Who doesnt randomly wanna test out their skillz vs anyone without having to organize a PvP run and buy your way into dibed area...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-10 21:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilsanchez said:
"The Ability to Select Duel anyone you encounter anyone anywhere" That would be fking awesome! Who doesnt randomly wanna test out their skillz vs anyone without having to organize a PvP run and buy your way into dibed area...

Duel anywhere?