Forum » FFXI » General » Things that should of been in this update
Things that should of been in this update
 Carbuncle.Zitale
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2009-11-10 11:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin have access to ton of enmity+ gear.
Black Mages have access to a ton of enmity- gear.
Ranger don't have access to much enmity- gear (far from as much).

Adding the distance and direction (shoot from behind enemy back) would have make Rng more challenging, not just more easy to deal damage.

Unlike original poster, I don't claim "Rng deserve it!", or tell random things SE 'should' have added.
It still is deceiving
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-10 11:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zitale said:

And the BLM who use it (other than pieces that just come with it as a bonus but have useful stats, such as Sorcerer's Petasos) are gimp. I would love to laugh at a BLM who stacks -enmity.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-10 11:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Tier2 elemental debuffs. Take that 10 dot each with like -20 to stats!

[+]
 Carbuncle.Zitale
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2009-11-10 11:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
And the BLM who use it (other than pieces that just come with it as a bonus but have useful stats, such as Sorcerer's Petasos) are gimp. I would love to laugh at a BLM who stacks -enmity.

Someone who know enmity well, and able to do more damage because they get less enmity per hit ... I don't call it gimp. Gimp is the one who'll wear something because he don't know there is better OR is too lazy to get better.

But for blm, I admit 1 big nuke(more time to rest MP, if can rest) seems more logic then casting more spells(even if less enmity)
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-10 11:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG can get Enmity-62.

If wearing enmity-reduction gear is so good, there, you have your solution.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-10 11:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zitale said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

Someone who know enmity well, and able to do more damage because they get less enmity per hit ... I don't call it gimp. Gimp is the one who'll wear something because he don't know there is better OR is too lazy to get better.

But for blm, I admit 1 big nuke(more time to rest MP, if can rest) seems more logic then casting more spells(even if less enmity)

Gimp is gimp. BLM who stack -enmity are gimp.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-10 11:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Why not make that an Aspir II spell effect? Damage taken is converted to MP to the caster... And I agree with the Drain II comment.

Maybe I've been playing too much final fantasy tactics a2... isn't that syphon? or whatever it's called. Does hp damage and converts it to mp :P

Idk on my DRK I find Drain II is so random with how much I get back. Even with Dark Seal ;_; (Enhances the accuracy of your next dark magic spell.)
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-10 11:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Carbuncle.Zitale said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Someone who know enmity well, and able to do more damage because they get less enmity per hit ... I don't call it gimp. Gimp is the one who'll wear something because he don't know there is better OR is too lazy to get better. But for blm, I admit 1 big nuke(more time to rest MP, if can rest) seems more logic then casting more spells(even if less enmity)

Not when you have a gimp tank. -ENM > everything else when the tank can't hold hate.

I wouldn't wear it unless it came with a piece that I keep equipped. I'll gladly die, make someone raise me and *** at the tank for lacking skills.
 Bismarck.Barrd
Server: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-11-10 11:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I say thay need raisega for sch
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-10 11:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Carbuncle.Zitale said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Someone who know enmity well, and able to do more damage because they get less enmity per hit ... I don't call it gimp. Gimp is the one who'll wear something because he don't know there is better OR is too lazy to get better. But for blm, I admit 1 big nuke(more time to rest MP, if can rest) seems more logic then casting more spells(even if less enmity)

Not when you have a gimp tank. -ENM > everything else when the tank can't hold hate.

Know your limits... do you open a fight with Freeze2? Obviously not. You start out with small nukes (or just dots) until the tank establishes their hate. =/

If you know you are fighting with a gimp tank, you better have a good damage reduction set also.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-10 12:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I start with ele enfeebs, bio II(if dia isn't used) and some other stuff. Usually I don't send off a Tier IV or AMII until mobs HP is ~75-80%. I don't wait for it, but after I get my DoTs/enfeebs off it's around there. If not I Tier III and shoot a heavy nuke at the end to finish the mob if I know it'll kill it w/o being a MP waste.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-10 12:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking about gimp tanks lol PLD75/WHM37... stupid shantotto fetch quests =P
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-10 12:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/DNC + Joyeuse = <3 <3 <3 <333
 Valefor.Ellise
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 12:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think more adjustments and enhancements will come in time. They don't want to upset the balance of the game too much too rapidly (if not already).

My only request is that to increase the range of the recently implemented 'Avatar's Favor'. Whatever the current range is, it seems like it isn't broad enough.

Just my 2 cents. :)
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 12:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Barrd said:
I say thay need raisega for sch
Stop wiping in Xarc and ya won't need it. :P

And the range for Avatar's Favor, as I've said before... Is 10'. :P
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-10 12:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ellise you know this is a flame SE thread! D: /wine /complain /***

jk lol nothing here affected my PLD or SAM in any negative way.. so i can't say i really care.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-10 12:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatar's Favor was actually nice yesterday. 4mp/tick from Diabolos + my JSE body on BLM. SMN even said they got 1mp/tick in return with Diabolos out.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 12:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

*Nods.* If you have a Summoner that can break the 317 skill barrier, it's pretty pwn.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 12:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Avatar's Favor was actually nice yesterday. 4mp/tick from Diabolos my JSE body on BLM. SMN even said they got 1mp/tick in return with Diabolos out.

Yes I can confirm that... at least with my set up: +1mp/tick with Diabolos out, no RDM, BRD, COR refresh action, just my SMN.

Lakshmi.Wardens said:

jk lol nothing here affected my PLD or SAM in any negative way.. so i can't say i really care.

Hehe^^ I know, but after leveling all of my jobs (the real way, not with these new AB PTs or w/e ppl are doing these days) I try to be positive about updates and enjoy the game :)
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 12:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
*Nods.* If you have a Summoner that can break the 317 skill barrier, it's pretty pwn.

Could you please elaborate on this TBest?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-10 12:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol wearing -emnity on blm... blm can get like 6 more -emnity then rng... that being said with few exceptions its all stupid gear to cast in. There's only about 3-5 peices you should even think to cast in and some of those there are definitely better things out there. While rng has alot of decent peices with -emnity on them.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-10 12:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:

Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 12:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Well... You won't get the highest tier of favor unless you're at 317+ summoning skill. 316 skill = 3mp/tic Refresh from Diab and 317 skill = 4mp/tic Refresh from Diab.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 12:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Well... You won't get the highest tier of favor unless you're at 317 summoning skill. 316 skill = 3mp/tic Refresh from Diab and 317 skill = 4mp/tic Refresh from Diab.

Thanks for the information TBest!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 12:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So, unless you want to give up your hands/head/feet slots...

You'll need capped skill (269) and 48 more skill.
+16 for merits
+10 for Evoker's Ring
+7 for Summoning Torque
+5 for Astute Cape
+5 for Marduk/Oracle legs
+5 for Bahamut's Staff
or
+3 for Summoning Earring
+2 for Summoning Belt

And if ya wanna give up your Nashira Gages or Summoner's Horn, ya get +12 from Summoner's Bracers +1 or +7/+5 from Marduk's/Evoker's +1, etc.

For myself... Since I lost interest in Summoner before 'fully' decking it out with Bahamut's/Astute/+5 legs... I'd just switch out Nashira Gages for my Summoner's Bracers +1 giving me an easy +12.

So, I'd get +16, +12, +10, +7, +3 for a +48 total.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-10 12:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Well... You won't get the highest tier of favor unless you're at 317 summoning skill. 316 skill = 3mp/tic Refresh from Diab and 317 skill = 4mp/tic Refresh from Diab.

Not exactly the easiest thing to do while maintaining max -perp cost. In fact flat out impossible without at least 6 merits and even with them... you'd need 12 more skill after evokers ring torque earring... which will probably mean sacrificing a piece of -perp or having some nice harder to get stuff.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-10 12:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

Not exactly the easiest thing to do while maintaining max -perp cost. In fact flat out impossible without at least 6 merits and even with them... you'd need 12 more skill after evokers ring torque earring... which will probably mean sacrificing a piece of -perp or having some nice harder to get stuff.
Yeah, see above. :P
[+]
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-11-10 12:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
So, unless you want to give up your hands/head/feet slots...

You'll need capped skill (269) and 48 more skill.
16 for merits
10 for Evoker's Ring
7 for Summoning Torque
5 for Astute Cape
5 for Marduk/Oracle legs
5 for Bahamut's Staff
or
3 for Summoning Earring
2 for Summoning Belt

And if ya wanna give up your Nashira Gages or Summoner's Horn, ya get 12 from Summoner's Bracers 1 or 7/ 5 from Marduk's/Evoker's 1, etc.

For myself... Since I lost interest in Summoner before 'fully' decking it out with Bahamut's/Astute/ 5 legs... I'd just switch out Nashira Gages for my Summoner's Bracers 1 giving me an easy 12.

So, I'd get 16, 12, 10, 7, 3 for a 48 total.

Hmm... with my limited equipment it looks like I am 21 points short without merits.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-10 12:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Valefor.Ellise said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
Yeah, see above. :P

Yeah that last 12 can be hard... well guess you can use elite beret and smn belt might not be hard... and oracle isnt too bad... the rest kinda hard to get. And that doesn't even go into what +avatar stats you lose... also Nirvana or GTFO
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-10 12:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Carbuncle.Zitale said:

Enmity -, what the f**k is that? -11 on nuking gear, by pure accident LOL. Any BLM worried about enmity is playing the wrong job.