Sch Food!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Sch food!
Sch food!
First Page 2
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 11:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Another topic, By me, Woo!

Ok, So back to the subject. Scholar and food. What kind of munchies should one carry?

/whm: I was thinking same kind of food as I would on whm(Mushroom related usualy) or should I make some wizard cookies?

/blm: Cream puff all the way?

/Rdm: Mixed? O.o?

/Anything else?: ???

Any insight would help XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 12:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as you could use a mix of mnd and int most the time I'd say brain stew usually 5mnd/int and 3hmp/hhp. Shouldn't really have a problem capping stoneskin so going for the 10mnd food is overkill.

Even on blm I'd use melon pie+1 over creme puff most the time. Mp and hmp beats the 2 int alot of the time for nuking alot.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 12:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I usualy do mushroom stew for +40mp, +4(right?) mnd, and -enm

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mushroom_Stew
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 12:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
I usualy do mushroom stew for 40mp, 4(right?) mnd, and -enm

40 mp 4hmp/mnd and -4emnity... sounds like a winner lol
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 12:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, What I was thinking for healing parties, But really was looking for insight for nuking things. Like, I'm 58 and close to being sync/able to help with BLM burn parties in Vunklet inlet place
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-07 12:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Max MP is lol, but the hMP from Melon Pie +1 is definitely useful. SCH/WHM probably stick to WHM foods, /RDM and /BLM I'd emphasize INT, hMP, and maybe -enmity if you can get it as MND isn't really doing much for you unless you're also on enfeebling duty, in which case Brain Stew is clearly your best all-around food.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-07 12:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH/WHM: Don't ever sub WHM on SCH.

SCH/BLM: See SCH/WHM.

SCH/RDM: Obviously depends on what you're doing. Bijou Glace is good for if you're main healing. +90 MP and hMP+1. And Cream Puff for anything else. Nothing else should really even be eaten.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 12:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh as far as nuking goes all your really losing on brain stew is the 1 more hmp but you get 30 more mp... which can matter also the whole stackability thing. I hate unstackable food
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 12:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

SCH/RDM: Obviously depends on what you're doing. Bijou Glace is good for if you're main healing. 90 MP and hMP 1. And Cream Puff for anything else. Nothing else should really even be eaten.

58 sch. Not 66. Anyway....
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 12:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and there are times to /blm! And very rare /whm
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 12:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been leveling sch/whm from 10-58.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-07 13:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, well to be fair, the only time you should use WHM sub is 56-66 or so. There's really no reason to have to, other than Stoneskinga.

My point still stands, though if you're /WHM, you won't be nuking meaning Cream Puff will be a bit of a waste. Bijou Glace, or alternatively Coffee/Cherry Muffins give 85 MP and INT/MND+1, respectively.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-07 13:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I usualy do mushroom stew for 40mp, 4(right?) mnd, and -enm

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mushroom_Stew

This.

Works as RDM, WHM and SCH.

Great food for the right situations
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 13:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Okay, well to be fair, the only time you should use WHM sub is 56-66 or so. There's really no reason to have to, other than Stoneskinga.

My point still stands, though if you're /WHM, you won't be nuking meaning Cream Puff will be a bit of a waste. Bijou Glace, or alternatively Coffee/Cherry Muffins give 85 MP and INT/MND 1, respectively.

I understand 30sch/rdm you'd get fast cast 1. But, Honestly, I'm not stressed over fast cast. I've had no issue healing, infact, I heal better then most whms on sch(Such as this worthless one in party right now.

As to the foods, Bijou is a HQ, so likely won't see many of those on AH, or make many(Since I'm 9 from its cap anyway, Won't be able to make it period...).

Muffins are an alternative, but not sure what I'll do yet. Current eating some roast mushrooms(Cheap food I grabbed from an npc. Don't ask) in this party.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-07 13:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to understand that the only bonus /WHM gives, besides getting spells a few levels earlier, is a bit more MP and MND.

/RDM gives, among other things, MAB, Enspells, Fast Cast (Stacks with innate Light/Dark Arts Fast Cast for rediculously fast casting for everything), more enfeebles (Gravity, 'nuff said.), and Phalanx.

While most of the above isn't all too useful in parties, once you get to Endgame you'll see their worth.

It should also be noted that Enspell-ga, depending on the setup, will give anywhere from a 10-25% increase in overall party damage, which means much faster kills, no matter what you're fighting, endgame or otherwise.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 13:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, quote isn't working. Anyway

Who said I was sticking to /whm for my career?

No. I didn't, Next issue. I UNDERSTAND FACT CAST AND ARTS STACK. I never said -ANYTHING- about it not. I was asking for FOOD options. Not SUBJOB harassment.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-07 14:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Books! :3 Sch should eat books. Lots of them.

xD

IF I had a SCH I'd probably go with what gives me the most boosts to my B+ skill. I'd stack that INT/MND like a nutjob.

If you are in a blmburn, eat foods to make your binds and gravitys stick, since you'll probably have a better shot at making them stick than theboomblm.

But my advice is just observation, as I have not levelled the job. ^^; Hope it helps!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 14:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was asking for FOOD options. Not SUBJOB harassment.
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-07 15:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wizard Cookies or Cream puffs! All you need.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 16:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kvazz said:

I don't find myself sitting to rest much lately, why I'm looking at +mp and mnd food for healing :P
[+]
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2009-11-07 16:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Enternius was just letting you know the subjob options, not necessarily harassing your subjob choice. Of all the posters who have given advice, I would definetly take his...

after all, he's the only person who has lvled SCH to 75 that's replied. And everything he said is absolutely correct :)
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-07 16:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kvazz said:

I don't find myself sitting to rest much lately, why I'm looking at mp and mnd food for healing :P

I doubt you'll ever get any actuall use from that mp after you use it the first time anyways :P
That mushroom-food is decent, but i prefer my cookies<3
+7hmp is alot, my food of choice whenever I'm not soloing :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 16:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Fivestarplayer said:
I believe Enternius was just letting you know the subjob options, not necessarily harassing your subjob choice. Of all the posters who have given advice, I would definetly take his... after all, he's the only person who has lvled SCH to 75 that's replied. And everything he said is absolutely correct :)

Actually he said don't use other subjobs that is not at all letting anyone know about options. Also based on other things he's posted I don't think he's ever been in a fight where he could count on not being hit and being primarily a nuker. I mean I'm pretty sure he's claimed blm/sch is the stupidest thing ever and ya know what by % I die alot more on blm/rdm then blm/sch cause I only bring it out when i know I'm completely safe or sometimes when I'm going to die anyways.

Now had he said the benefits to each subjob and maybe there uses sure that would've been letting you know the options. Saying

Siren.Enternius said:

Is definitely subjob harrassment especially when the OP is asking for food questions based on subjob and what shes doing.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-07 16:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe what you must, but OP asked for food options, and I delivered.

And OP asked for insight, and I delivered.

The fact that said OP responded in an abrasive way is not my problem. I'm not the one that brought up sub jobs in the first place.
[+]
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2009-11-07 16:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ok here is my point of view. Lvling SCH, yes you will use /whm...there is no point after 68 to use it. (unless it's a very very situational circumstance)....it's just fact. He was just letting her know so.

Honestly I don't use any food if I'm a "healer sch". At any time...I could go into "nuker sch"...and I like having the option of being able to pop in a cream puff if I have to. (Keep in mind, this is for endgame events).

While I was lvling though, I did use ginger cookies (the times I did have to heal) and while soloing, I would use cream puffs...if that helps at all...

and I don't think I've ever..EVER gone blm/sch or sch/blm....ever...
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2009-11-07 16:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

..............................ever..................................
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-07 16:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they're both horribly inefficient in almost anything you're doing.

If there's any chance you will ever get hit, you will not use either of them. And I can't think of a situation where there's no chance you'll get hit on either job.
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2009-11-07 16:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

................................................................................................................................................................ever............................................................................................................................
but Enternius is right...there's rarely a situation where you're going to be "safe"................unless you want to farm Rabbit Hides in East Ronfaure............
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-07 16:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

sch/whm and sch/blm is very situational but those situations do exist. Though really can't see /whm in any situation where you don't have to use the AOEs alot. And /blm well if your only nuking and your not taking dmg and your not being used in a support fashion at all(yeah thats a few ifs I know) why not add 3-4% dmg to every spell?

I bring out blm/sch pretty much any fight that will last more than 10-15 min that I have with competent tanks for unless there are AOEs that you just can't avoid. Ie radial ones that are actually bigger than cast range. Not alot of mobs do that. Or mobs with too much hate reseting I guess... Idk did it all the time for proto-omega but really if I got hate and chances are if one of the mages did it was me I had almost as high a chance of dieing with or without buffs. Idk how many times we've had an odd number of blms and I'd be the one in a pt by myself cause I could nuke as often as the brd pt blms by myself.

I also never get hit 1 hitting pets. Nor do I get hit soloing elementals. I mean I'm a sorc ring using taru blm... getting hit for me means death so yeah I'm careful about not using stoneskin/blink. But if you don't need it why have it?
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2009-11-07 16:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

....or farming silk thread in bubu.....
First Page 2