Sch Food!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Sch food!
Sch food!
 Titan.Mylliana
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Mylliana
By Titan.Mylliana 2009-11-07 16:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason I have ever used /WHM when levelling, besides getting stoneskin early, was the ability to have some of the -na spells w/o having to be in addendum, maybe I switched to dark to do something and didnt have the JA to use addendum (sleep an add, and then say tank gets silenced or para'd)

I have never used /blm, lack of buffs is fail imo.

And on a side note, I have a couple blm/sch's in my LS that do endgame events w/ it, they control their hate very well and are able to outnuke most /rdm's thanks to cheaper spells and can sublimination when they get up, until they rest, which is a great help since don't often have a RDM to refresh their party

As for food, hMP will always beat out +MP in the long term, you can start out w/ +30 MP over someone w/ +5 hMP, but after 6 ticks of resting, they have got +30 MP more then you and will be able to get up faster for next mob (noticeable when soloing puddings, I rest very little compared to most blm's i see, thanks to parsimony and sublimination and high hMP)

For healing, mushroom stew is definitely full of win
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-07 16:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Believe what you must, but OP asked for food options, and I delivered.

And OP asked for insight, and I delivered.

The fact that said OP responded in an abrasive way is not my problem. I'm not the one that brought up sub jobs in the first place.

...When did I ask about subs? I said for food insight.

I used /whm, /blm, and /rdm for foods by sub.

Ex:

/whm: "Use -enm and mnd food"
/blm: "Use melon pie +1 or creem puffs"
/rdm: "Use _____"

I did -not- ask for subjob advice in any way, shape, or form. I know damn well the subs, and when to use them. And frankly, I play in my own way, and I will continue to play in my own way and do WELL.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-07 16:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:

And frankly, I play in my own way, and I will continue to play in my own way and do WELL.

<3
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-07 20:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Creme puff while nuking.

And I used Bijoux/marron Glace while lvling and main healing, but I have a fetish with MP.

Otherwise at 75 I only really use SCH for nyzul, dont see myself using food :(

I wish I had /whm while I was lvling SCH, stoneskin-ga is more useful than you think.
[+]
 Remora.Jaina
Server: Remora
user: jaina
By Remora.Jaina 2009-11-26 13:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's a matter of which sub = which food.

It's more like a "if you'll aoe buff or heal a lot, use enmity- food", "if you nuke primarily use INT food". You usually know what role you'll have to fullfill in an event. In the doubt, carry both pretty much like how serious melees got an attack and an accuracy food on them at all times (pizza broke that rule tho).

my enmity- food = mushroom stew
my INT food = melon pie +1
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2009-12-01 18:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Cream Puffs if I'm doing Dark Arts stuff. I use whatever if I'm mainly in Light Arts. I'm Elvaan so I want MP too, I've used Coffee and Cherry Muffin +1, Witch Kabob, and most of the other food mentioned already. Also keep in mind you don't /heal much on SCH so factoring in hMP in food choices might be a waste (like not using any food, waiting on the use of Wizard Cookies).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Shiyo
Server: Fairy
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-09 01:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The best food for healing is mushroom stew and ambrosia, the best food for nuking is Ambrosia and cream puffs imo.