First Page 2
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-11-07 07:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone played/playing it yet?

Gonna pick it up on PC soon for some fun times but curious what peoples impressions of it are. Keep hearing good things about it.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-07 07:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You should check FFXIAH linkshell ni every once in a while.

Rydiya can't shut up about it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-07 07:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I have the game on PS3, it's good :)
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-11-07 07:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

None of my PS3 friends are gonna get it ;;
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-07 07:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally can't recommend it. I don't own it but I've played it at a friend's house.

Just seems like one of those games you'd pay 60 dollars for, play once for 8 hours, then get rid of.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-07 16:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Completed it twice (mobs are harder when you do the game again), great game, but no replay value. It takes approximately 25 hours to complete the game twice. I really enjoyed since I played almost the whole 25h within 2 days. However...

Ending is ***, plot is ***... Whats good is gameplay/action, Co-op can be neat too, but that's it.

AI is completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, pathfinding IS THE WORSE I HAVE EVER SEEN.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 16:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Games are just so short these days.

I remember how great the Jak and Daxter games were. Huge, but oh so fun.

But yeah, borderlands is fun but extremely generic and unpersonal story. At a lot of times it feels like a fallout rip-off too.

But the weapons system is fun and the all around skills system and RPG elements are interesting too.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-07 17:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact borderlands had no difficulty level affect this too :/ Game is way too beginner friendly.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-11-07 17:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Interested in this subject. My roommate is planning on getting the game sometime. The guns look fun, but that's about it.
 Shiva.Dinarii
Server: Shiva
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2009-11-07 17:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

waiting on left4dead2 to come out. hoping its not a crash. and waiting on the buzz from borderlands to figure itself out. i'm more into the versus types than i am the plotline etc. ill play through once or twice to check it out but... vs>me xD
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 17:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
The fact borderlands had no difficulty level affect this too :/ Game is way too beginner friendly.

Massively. Not a single boss in the game proved a challenge.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-11-07 17:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I want some good co-op games I can play with my roommate on. Screw this online pvp ***. I want a good story, not 1000 rounds of pvp.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-07 17:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think good games need both options.

Refer to the Halo series.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-07 17:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
I want some good co-op games I can play with my roommate on. Screw this online pvp ***. I want a good story, not 1000 rounds of pvp.

Co-op is fun, in fact that's the only way to raise the difficulty level. Like you play with under-leveled players, mobs will be harder and so game will be more fun.

However pathfinding issue will remain, mobs can be easily kited, they get stuck sometime allowing you to fire at will, lot of safe spots exists also, so you can hit the mob and the mob cannot reach you. Won't even mention mobs that's just wait far away and doesn't come to you even if you're hitting them.

I still enjoyed the game, but that's because I didn't pay for it, I would never ever pay 50euros+ for a such game...
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 17:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Only mobs that have good AI are skags, the melee skags. They just bite you. Nothing else lol.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-11-07 17:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
I think good games need both options.

Refer to the Halo series.

The first halo I really liked. The sequels I didn't like much, I felt they tried to do too much in them. They did get the balance between story and pvp right though.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-11-07 18:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lol story, that's definitely not why I'd be playing it. I've already heard the story is crap. But the guns!

Plus I'd be playing it with one of my mates on PC in Co-op, maybe even a few. Replay value on Co-op games is huge because of the entertainment factor of playing with your friends - see MMO.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-07 18:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:

<.<; Seriously. That one bandit boss was like hella easy. You can just sit in a spot and snipe his *** off.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-07 18:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell I find the game harder with 4 people since mobs get tougher with the more people in the game.

It's really, really fun, just easy as long as you are even or higher than the enemy.

I'd say it has replay value for the sake of playing as all 4 characters. Co-op makes it all the more interesting. If you know your friends aren't getting it, then it can be lonely soloing the whole time.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-07 19:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rydiya said:
Garuda.Antipika said:

<.<; Seriously. That one bandit boss was like hella easy. You can just sit in a spot and snipe his *** off.

Almost like this for all boss.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2149/exploit1.jpg

Likewise :x Can infinite snipe him while staying there.

@Haseyo

With 4 players you can kite boss to easily, one will just run while others fire at will. Boss are "harder" just because you deal less damage (and take more), but not because they're more intelligent :s

I would have expected like more adds to manage when fighting a boss with 4 players, forcing the whole team to actually co-operate in order to secure the area and let 1 player take care of the boss himself. Instead all you do is firing more bullets, for an extended period of time.

I'm not gonna talk about the last boss :/ Safe spot behind a rock, empty 700 SMG bullets, /win...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-07 19:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I realize bosses are still a joke, but the normal mobs in forces can get nasty with 4 people, especially in Playthrough 2.

Like I said, the game isn't hard at all as long as you aren't an idiot. It's still fun as hell.

It's satisfying my time until CoD: MW2 so I'm okay with that.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-07 19:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah same :p Did borderland since waiting for MW2 PC release :]
 Bahamut.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-11-08 07:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rydiya said:
Garuda.Antipika said:

Allow me to cap off the discussion of difficulty with 'Ryd was playing it'.

2nd playthough is like jumping straight to Hell in D2.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-11-08 07:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm loving it... >.>;
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-08 17:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raelia said:
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
Garuda.Antipika said:

Allow me to cap off the discussion of difficulty with 'Ryd was playing it'.

Shush you.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-08 19:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raelia said:

2nd playthough is like jumping straight to Hell in D2.

Depend which class I guess, I restarted the game as a Lv.33 Hunter, everything was still too easy.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-11-08 19:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The box art and graphics were enough to turn me off from the game. Mostly the box art though cause I think it's really lame and quite dumb.

I did read some review on it and it said something about it being a lot of the same things over and over and over. Like 20 of the same weapon but they have different stats or something. MMOFPS isn't as fun as it sounds though. I think I'd rather play normal FPS instead, just because the last thing I want to do is grind levels/xp on a shooting game.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-08 19:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
MMOFPS isn't as fun as it sounds though. I think I'd rather play normal FPS instead, just because the last thing I want to do is grind levels/xp on a shooting game.

Deus Ex was a masterpiece, can't really say that all MMOFPS are bad. Borderland is "good" but not awesome yeah.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-08 19:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<; This is going to sound like a bit of blasphemy.. But I didn't like Deux Ex at all.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-08 20:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
The box art and graphics were enough to turn me off from the game. Mostly the box art though cause I think it's really lame and quite dumb. I did read some review on it and it said something about it being a lot of the same things over and over and over. Like 20 of the same weapon but they have different stats or something. MMOFPS isn't as fun as it sounds though. I think I'd rather play normal FPS instead, just because the last thing I want to do is grind levels/xp on a shooting game.

The box art actually made me interested.
And even though weapons are re-skinned with different stats - the amount of different stats and kinds of guns is still a lot.
You don't have to grind. At all. Hell you'd do just fine playing the main missions level-wise. Majority of your exp will be from missions - I just kill whatever's in my face.

I haven't heard anyone say it's a bad game. Easy, yes. But you'll have a blast playing it.

Side note: Anyone know the intro song? I love it for some reason. c.c
First Page 2