New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Odyssey Alliance
Odyssey Alliance
First Page 2
By gavroches 2023-12-17 09:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Read a lot of people want that, and as much as im not against it, but not for the current odyssey, but rather for a T5 with vengeance 0-25, where you go in as an alliance, with sub jobs, 15 min max and all of them at the same time… if it’s V20-25 then they come with adds …. Purely wtf time endgame LS size event with the rewards of being able to get the rare off of nyame, so you could do multiple path, 1 victory = 1 piece nyame rare off. Can only go as high as lowest lvl clear member of the alliance, so it incentivizes people with higher clear helping people with lower clears. A tier like that shouldn’t be too hard for SE to setup, how about that?
By SimonSes 2023-12-17 11:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

gavroches said: »
0 A tier like that shouldn’t be too hard for SE to setup, how about that?

ahahahaha I mean sorry. I laughed from last sentence.
Taking subjob restriction in the same zone where you have restriction. I can already see it's not possible for SE. Then allowing 18 ppl where you can only take 6, again no. Same deal with allowing subjobs too.

gavroches said: »
where you go in as an alliance, with sub jobs, 15 min max and all of them at the same time… if it’s V20-25 then they come with adds

This would be unbeatable in that time frame imo. Even if you could also lift restriction for different job on every person. There are six A3 mobs and each can only be killed with one weapon type and Ongo only with magic. You would need to zerg each of them in like 2.5min and some of them can't even be damaged for 1min+ because of SPs. Not to mention annoying TP move that would destroy your run instantly (everything with dispel or full dispel). Not to mention to coordinate such thing you would require alliance static, definitely it wouldn't be possible in pug or even in LS PUG.

Also taking away rare from Nyame (also probably technically impossible for individual people) would be super broken (and would kill TP sets diversity) and giving that as a reward for super hardcore alliance event, when probably 99% of Odyssey players are max 6ppl statics or just do it with pugs? It wouldn't be fair.
 Asura.Sensarity
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-17 19:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alliance Ody/sortie would make me resub.
*** 6 man limits.
[+]
By Lilllith 2023-12-17 19:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like what you're asking for is a no skill involved fight for shitty players. why dont you just get better as a player and start shouting in game with likewise people. no offense. V25 T3 and T4 are not meant for everyone.

i see a lot of lazy *** people just idle in town with a lot of hopium to get invited in a good party.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-17 20:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is a Vengeance 25, Tier 5? People out here fighting unreleased content.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-17 20:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

more people != ***gets easier. There are consequences of throwing more bodies at something, especially with SE's lazy and really poorly thought out "every extra person is an extra 15% HP".

But hey, if you think people getting frustrated because the content is beyond their reach or because they cant play with their friends and thus quitting is good for the game, then you do you boo
[+]
By Seun 2023-12-17 20:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilllith said: »
sounds like what you're asking for is a no skill involved fight for shitty players. why dont you just get better as a player and start shouting in game with likewise people. no offense. V25 T4 and T5 are not meant for everyone.

We're not all shitty players. Some of us just don't have schedules conducive to being in a static. I'd rather not be the guy constantly letting the group down because I had to do that real life thing.

That said, kids these days need to feel included. They don't get their fix by overcoming a difficult challenge. They are validated by posting screenshots in discord and getting likes on their socials.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-12-17 20:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What zoomer is playing a 20 year old game dude, come on.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-12-17 20:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
incoming Vana'Nepobabies who stole their dad's alt.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-17 20:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine the pickings are slim what with the populations being what they are, but if you can't meet a rigorous "every day, never miss a day" schedule then try finding other people who are unreliable, and make a "we'll just go when we can" static? It's fine to have a group and just go once/week, or three times a week, or whenever.

Gotta get out there and do some networking, figure out who's got some extra segments and who wants the same things you want.

I don't think adding more players automatically makes everything easier, especially when you ramp up the mob's HP, but you do have to admit it certainly changes things dramatically. Going from having 12 SPs to having 36 adds a lot of potentially useful abilities. Having 3 (4?) tanks in a fight instead of one. Having 3 (4?) healers in a fight, every support job you could imagine, 3 people on every type of damage you could want. Skillchains are pathetically easy to make, MBs are ridiculously easy to do. Everything scales up.
By Seun 2023-12-17 21:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »

Sadly just as much millennial thing, as it is zoomer.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-12-17 23:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cross generational, I've seen older generations than millennials doing the same thing too. I got into a discussion with someone not long ago who was probably mid-50s who was lobbying to have one of our intermediate tech mtb trails bulldozed over so he could ride it. When a local coach offered to help coach him through it, he directly said he didn't want to improve or get better, he just wanted it made easier for him. It'd bother me less if there wasn't a forest with 300 miles of graded flow trails 15min away. It's a wild outlook, but it's one that seems to be prevalent in various things I've been involved in. They want the appearance of doing something awesome and badass, but they don't want to put the work in to get there.

I think Odyssey could use some balancing especially at v25, but minor tweaks to bosses TP moves and behavior. Taking alliances in is just a bad idea and I'd be shocked if SE even spent more than 5 seconds considering it. There are better ways of tackling problems with the content than bringing it down to a trivial level, it also feels like content would just be technically challenging to make happen for a full alliance and it'd also fubar their vision of 3 phone runs if they are locking out jobs.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-18 00:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I imagine the pickings are slim what with the populations being what they are, but if you can't meet a rigorous "every day, never miss a day" schedule then try finding other people who are unreliable, and make a "we'll just go when we can" static? It's fine to have a group and just go once/week, or three times a week, or whenever.

Thats the beauty of opening it up to alliance: if you have 12+ people for party-capable alliance-permitted content (ie: omen/dyna-d) that is a daily (ie: ody or sortie), and 3 people cant make it...you can still go that day.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-18 01:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
It wouldn't be fair.
LOL
[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-12-18 07:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Alliance Ody/sortie would make me resub.
*** 6 man limits.
lol noob that is why you play horizon game is too hard and grindy huh.
By Taint 2023-12-18 07:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Alliance T5. - You fight a Random T1 then a Random T2 then a Random T3 with 10% chance of spawning T4.

Reward is Segments and boxes and RP for the mobs you fight.

T1 3k Segments, 1 Box, 500RP
T2 4k Segments, 2 Boxes, 500RP
T3 5k Segments, 3 Boxes, 500 RP
T4 10k Segments, 4 Boxes, 500 RP
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-18 10:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it 1 key item per party

Mobs get HP increase 20% per key item used

Keep rewards the same

People want clears. Don't care at this point. I can wait till I beat Bumba and forget this event exists.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-18 10:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Make it 1 key item per party

Mobs get HP increase 20% per key item used

Keep rewards the same

People want clears. Don't care at this point. I can wait till I beat Bumba and forget this event exists.

This is an interesting implementation of the idea of killing Odyssey overnight. I wonder if it might be better to just give every character who hits 99 access to buy all the items and the highest tier augments. Would save people the wet paper bag fight, save server congestion on the zones, and everyone gets their gear without having to actually complete any content. Win-win-win!
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-12-18 10:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They should do that, then use the remaining time to focus on doing something for the 30th anniversary since they'd have 8 years to work on it. Or as they know it, approximately 3500 Sortie KIs!
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-18 12:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
This is an interesting implementation of the idea of killing Odyssey overnight.

Balance of course

I mean SE has never been good at it. Heck at this point just leave it where it's at then. It's funny seeing people with their prime weapons with R15 gear they paid a merc for. That kinda comedy doesn't write itself.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-18 12:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny seeing people with their prime weapons with R15 gear they paid a merc for. That kinda comedy doesn't write itself.

Are you referring to the one guy who had a St5 prime and a piece of R15 gear, who later acknowledged that he had cleared V25 with his static but hadn't put points in it to show the increased cap?

I would be incredibly surprised if there was a population of players who can put together a static of 6 players to do Sortie every day, clearing 8 or 9 bosses and HM Aminon together for 6 months straight, but they can't clear V15 Ody NMs. I think this is like paparazzi levels of investigation which has already been debunked, but maybe your server is rampant with unskilled players blowing the pants off Sortie every night and unable to clear V15 Kalunga.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-18 12:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the cor forums... lol... this guy hahaha. I dont play long enough to meet new people. Being strong is boring in ffxi
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-18 12:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the cor forums... lol... this guy hahaha. I dont play long enough to meet new people. Being strong is boring in ffxi

Did you have a stroke and/or are you having a conversation with yourself? I'm having a really hard time following your stream-of-consciousness
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2023-12-18 13:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, the Changes that Would Benefit Odyssey

Remove the 6-man limit but scale enemy stats for 12 players with R15-Gear. Ideally, a small revamp of fights would be perfect, but SE won't open their wallet to invest resources.

Reduce the time to receive KI to 10 hours instead of 20, but limit access to two runs per day, resetting at 12:00 AM JP. With this, you could receive your x2 KIs peacefully without having to log in before work. However, the limit would be maintained to avoid congesting server instances and to prevent forcing people to farm the event 24/7.

Remove enemy resistances and handle them like Segment A, allowing any Jobs without issues. (Monk mains are watching you)

Job Adjustments to facilitate the creation of groups in Support and Healers.

Opening content for 18 people is useless if you need three bards, three corsairs, and a Geomancer to play. Coupled with this, people will seek x3 WHMs since it's the META-HEALER; the solution will be worse than the problem.

IF, it will take you three hours to create a group to play a 30-minute content; opening the 6-man content is useless. In fact, you give SE a reason for limiting it to six players.

SMN, COR, BRD, GEO should be adjusted so that upon obtaining their mythic weapons, they have a similar effect to "YAGRUSH": their buffs become Alliance buffs AoE-30 meters, and the effects of these spells have a long duration.(Note obviously COR and SMN would need an increase in the number of buffs they can apply, in order to keep up and fill the absence of not having as many support jobs.)

Among these adjustments: The possibility of stacking buffs between the same jobs would be eliminated to streamline group creation. If you have X2 BRDs, the buffs of the one with the stronger REMAs will be taken.

The idea is to look for 1 BRD, 1 COR, and either a GEO or SMN and rush with your 12-18 men alliance to do the content.

If the fight is difficult, your parties will be 1 Healer, 1 Support, 1 Tank, and 3 DDs.
If the fight is moderate, your parties will be 1 Healer, 1 Support, and 4 DDs.

Regarding Healers:

Give SCH Cure V and REGEN VI. (LA 74/Tick, LA 180 secs duration)
Give RDM Cure V and Regen IV.

This way, you would only need one Mythic WHM, and the other two healers could be among SCH, RDM, and WHM, depending on availability.

With these changes, the goal is for people to be able to shout for pugs groups and get into action as soon as possible." When I talk about pugs mean players with Odyssey gear R0. No pendejos NQ ambuscade gear
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-12-18 14:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Such big dreams. You guys should know these changes are never gonna happen.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-18 14:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

CrAZYVIC said: »
Lots of stuff that hurt my soul

If the goal is to make FFXI content so easy you can fall asleep on your keyboard with a handful of strangers in R0 gear, I think we have different visions of what playing a video game is like.

I prefer to have a game where you're challenged by the enemies and you can advance your character to overcome increasingly difficult situations, not to glide past content designed for infants so I can collect more gear to complete content designed for toddlers.

If more than 1 party were allowed in Sheol: Gaol, you would not need to re-balance any jobs or give any other advantages, the fights would instantly become 100x easier, and finding a way to fail would be the hardest part.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-12-18 15:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE wanted to make Gaol more accessible with the minimum amount of effort, they could just make the timers longer. 20 minutes gives a lot more leeway than 15. With that said, the monkey paw aspect of it would be that RP farming would be impacted.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-18 15:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you add 5 minutes you take away 25% of the challenge (which is what you're looking for) at the cost of increasing congestion in the entire event. More access means more gaol means more seg farming means more people in it. More gil. More inflation. People quit more/faster. Weakens Sortie because everyone is stronger.

There are ripples upon ripples. It's designed to keep people out and keep those ripples from spreading. (Until they're ready to weaken it and purposely cause smaller ripples)

Everything sounds great in micro. Zoom out and see what happens macro level.
By Meeble 2023-12-18 15:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they need to change anything difficulty wise. If you're doing the traditional climb, by the time your group is tackling v20+ fights you're rocking v20 gear, which makes seg farming relatively easy and trivializes everything that isn't high-V Gaol.

Where Ody desperately needs improvements is the low end, especially the initial climb. 3k segs per v0 boss attempt is harsh AF for players stuck seg farming with no Ody gear. It wouldn't require big changes:

• V0 bosses could refund segments or phones on failure

• Can enter Gaol for a single no-RP fight with the daily moglophone

• RoE's: A Daily for low bonus segs or a Weekly for Phone II's

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2023-12-18 16:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Never bad to have dreams. ;-;
TBH my dream is I'd rather them reprogram how instances handle packet delivery before they ever touch additional alliance stuff inside of them. Bleh.
First Page 2