Asura.Sensarity
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-12-18 18:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekcuf said: »
Asura.Sensarity said: »
Alliance Ody/sortie would make me resub.
*** 6 man limits.
lol noob that is why you play horizon game is too hard and grindy huh.

I actually don't even have an account on Horizon because they hate secure passwords

By Dodik 2023-12-18 20:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

6-9 months to a year of grinding v25 is probably exactly what SE was going for. Matches with primes.

Reminds me of the old salvage grind really. Hardly anyone bothered with that then either.
By Seun 2023-12-18 21:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They should have allowed RP earned to be spent on any item from the same tier. T4 obviously wouldn't change, but at least the first two tiers could have benefit from a change like this.
VIP
By Lili 2023-12-19 01:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
Can enter Gaol for a single no-RP fight with the daily moglophone

I like this one - skip segment farming, but the one single fight is free. In a way it's the equivalent of a single guaranteed 3k farm run.
By CrAZYVIC 2023-12-19 14:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
CrAZYVIC said: »
Lots of stuff that hurt my soul

If the goal is to make FFXI content so easy you can fall asleep on your keyboard with a handful of strangers in R0 gear, I think we have different visions of what playing a video game is like.

I prefer to have a game where you're challenged by the enemies and you can advance your character to overcome increasingly difficult situations, not to glide past content designed for infants so I can collect more gear to complete content designed for toddlers.

If more than 1 party were allowed in Sheol: Gaol, you would not need to re-balance any jobs or give any other advantages, the fights would instantly become 100x easier, and finding a way to fail would be the hardest part.

I understand and acknowledge your point; in fact, I also appreciate the idea of maintaining a high level of difficulty. To make the content easy prey would be unacceptable, such as removing the 6-man lock and keeping enemies' stats for six people. I completely agree with you on that. That's why in my suggestion, I proposed scaling it to 12 people with R15 Odyssey gear, which would maintain an appropriate level of challenge.

Yes, I won't lie; it would slightly reduce the challenge, but it wouldn't be brain-dead. Players would still need to execute fight mechanics, and coordination within the group would be crucial. Of course, players could also attempt unconventional strategies, like using pet jobs or fielding 12 super-buffed tanks to secure victory.

It's essential to understand that maintaining excessively high difficulty could lead FFXI down the same path as FFXIV and Retail-WoW, where only 1% of players can complete the content. The majority of FFXI players fall into the midcore category, not hardcore.

Regarding support jobs, the idea is to transition from counting sand grains in Rabao to action as quickly as possible.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-19 14:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand and acknowledge your point; in fact, I also appreciate the idea of maintaining a high level of difficulty. To make the content easy prey would be unacceptable, such as removing the 6-man lock and keeping enemies' stats for six people. I completely agree with you on that. That's why in my suggestion, I proposed scaling it to 12 people with R15 Odyssey gear, which would maintain an appropriate level of challenge.

You did say 12 players in V15 gear, but you also said:

With these changes, the goal is for people to be able to shout for pugs groups and get into action as soon as possible." When I talk about pugs mean players with Odyssey gear R0. No pendejos NQ ambuscade gear

So IDK. I know I'm just "old man yelling at clouds" here but I think there should be aspirational content that is difficult to achieve, and that content shouldn't be dumbed down to "FFXIV duty-finder with complete strangers without speaking a word to each other" level.

I stand by the rest of my statements. Adding an extra party, even without any adjustments to the jobs, giving subjobs, or any other balance adjustments, would make the fights dramatically easier. No amount of mob stats (that would still be winnable) would change that. Second party means your main PT gets much more buffs, you can bring multiple tanks to handle the adds and make them a complete non-factor, and you have tons of healing available. It solves all the problems you have in Gaol right now, and the things that make the fights interesting. It opens up dozens of new strategies, and especially considering that they're 15 minute fights, gives you 12 new 1hrs to use in the fight which once again totally throws off the balance, no matter how much HP you give the mob.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-12-19 14:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Can enter Gaol for a single no-RP fight with the daily moglophone

I like this one - skip segment farming, but the one single fight is free. In a way it's the equivalent of a single guaranteed 3k farm run.

This seems like an underwhelming freebie tbh. You'd have to use it every day, and 3k segments isn't really hard to farm. Even a somewhat mediocre group can net almost 5k segments from farming, which with the end bonus added in, would put you over 6k segments, worth 2 Gaol visits vs the 1 daily. Giving them one free entry that can't be stacked is a really bad slog of a grind, worse than the current model. A better alternative aimed at helping weaker players is to allow more segments to be obtained off of weaker enemies (Sheol A/B).

V0 bosses could refund segments or phones on failure

They should just make it so that Moglophone II does not consume if the group enters V0. There is no real reason for it to use a phone, you can't get RP anyways. The only thing a V0 clear gates is access to the gear, which at this point is free (the discount should be capped across all servers by now). This would help newer players catch up since they could do all of their clears essentially for free, while saving up their daily phone-segments for when they finally move on to RP/veng climbing
[+]
By gavroches 2023-12-19 16:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t think the content should be water down whatsoever, free V0 why not but that wasn’t the point of the thread. A new tier for alliance, accessible only if everyone have let say all the V15 clear open the same climb V0-5-10-15. Something that entice the few that have clear it to help others so in turn they can build an alliance to enter and fight the new tier. ATM the only alliance content is dynamis and that’s boring as ***, yet we do it as it’s the only time we can bunch together, so yeah a form of endgame alliance content and odyssey is really fun and interesting, lots of mechanics and tricks and so should be inspired by it.