2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » MrHappy's assisted playthrough event
MrHappy's assisted playthrough event
First Page 2 3
By SimonSes 2023-11-18 02:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I wonder how much he will be able to boost number of players with this (and I know it's gonna be temporary). Anyway I'm really glad he is doing it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-18 05:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

might transfer a char to bahamut temporarily to help with this
By Draylo 2023-11-18 05:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems really cool, glad hes doing it on the real game. Didn't take long for that brigade to start their advertisements in his comments though.

I don't really get how people say its hard to set up, it really isn't. A single download after setting up an account which most people know from XIV anyways, and you are in the game.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-11-18 06:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Seems really cool, glad hes doing it on the real game. Didn't take long for that brigade to start their advertisements in his comments though.

I don't really get how people say its hard to set up, it really isn't. A single download after setting up an account which most people know from XIV anyways, and you are in the game.

It's not hard if you play since 90, but for players who started playing in 2015+ and only know launching everything from Steam, that few extra steps could be a problem I guess.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-18 06:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

And if they don't go through steam they have to find the download links and get all the zips and ***from the pol website which for tech illiterate people can be more daunting than it seems
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-11-18 06:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

MrHappy have made video how to download everything and go through whole process few days ago, so he is making good preparation for this.
 Asura.Bootus
Server: Asura
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2023-11-18 06:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, while I don't personally find the Retail installation process any more difficult than most private servers, there's no denying that it's far more complicated than HorizonXI. Say what you want about the server, but their launcher is great.
[+]
 Shiva.Seraphione
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Seraphione 2023-11-18 08:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The game was designed to be installed from a bunch of DVDs. Whist the current way of downloading the game is workable, I think it is indeed harder than it should be.
 Kujata.Tenjo
Server: Kujata
user: Tenjo
By Kujata.Tenjo 2023-11-18 09:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad he switched to HorizonXI instead of retail.
By Dodik 2023-11-18 09:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you really resurrect a 10 year old XIAH account from a now dead XI server just so you can advertise a private server and ***on the retail game you no longer play?

Might need to seek some help about that retail XI obsession.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-11-18 09:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Draylo said: »

It's not hard if you play since 90, but for players who started playing in 2015+ and only know launching everything from Steam, that few extra steps could be a problem I guess.
Installing it doesn't seem to be where people get stuck. The issue is always the Square Enix account setup/key registration/logging into POL with the difference between passwords. It also doesn't help that they haven't bothered updating the POL errors. When you don't have an active content ID, the language doesn't mention anything about within the SE account. They are not even called content ids there anymore either.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-18 09:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What funk said, installing is very simple, the account and the multilayered registration and getting the damn thing to launch

Make a square account, verifying email twice, make the XI account verify email twice, make a playonline account/register the square account on pol, it's excessive (and another 2 layers if you want to add the token/2FA)

You get zero help, zero customer service, zero support, and sometimes the *** game crashes on launch with vanilla client, and UAC/tabbing crashes the game too. Firewall/Antivirus can get trigger by XI too! No one new knows this. It can be an absolutely miserable experience. You just want to play the damn game.
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-11-18 10:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gay
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-18 10:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Game has been out of 75 cap longer than it was ever in it. This is the real experience. If he wanted to play through the entire storyline of ffxi to prepare for whatever bits that they add in that raid, why the hell would be play on that ***server?
[+]
By Taint 2023-11-18 10:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

He was on Asura for a minute, saw him running around a couple months ago on a Galka MNK Mrhapppy.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-18 10:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He was playing for years alongside xiv so him doing xi content is nothing new. This is a thing to try to get xiv players interested in running the xi story and find people willing to help them through the process.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-18 11:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Honestly, they'd be better off playing Horizon so they could get the real FFXI experience, but alas, Mr Happy's tongue remains firmly up Yoshi P's ***.
bootlicker
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-11-18 11:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
He was playing for years alongside xi so him doing xi content is nothing new. This is a thing to try to get xiv players interested in running the xi story and find people willing to help them through the process.

Exactly, Its more about people being able to experience whole story. That's the main goal, to go through all the storyline except TVR.

Honestly, they'd be better off playing Horizon so they could get the real FFXI experience, but alas, Mr Happy's tongue remains firmly up Yoshi P's ***.

Horizon has aspects of old FFXI like slow progression and not being able to do anything serious in end game solo (im not counting exceptions of 75 FFXI letting solo some NMs with mainly dots and running for hours). That being said its changed sooo much that its no longer close to real FFXI. Many QoL were added, magic WSs are hybrid WSs, jobs has more JAs and sometimes completely changed JAs like just added THF's Accomplice and Collaborator which are completely game changing for end game and completely new even for retail FFXI (SCH has something similar as 1hr, but it's not exactly that and not at 5 min cooldown). Also the goal for this project is for people to experience storyline of all expansions, without the need to grind for weeks. Horizon is the worst place for this, because you must play and grind a lot to progress with story.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-18 15:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. My FFXI and FFXIV lives might cross over. I put in an app in his discord to become a mentor to all these XIV noobs, but my play times are so erratic I bet I barely help anybody lol.

But my LP/new main is named after a guy who PL'd me so much. It's totally in his spirit that I go to help.

Miss you, love you original Calmwind.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-11-18 18:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine used to be named Mr. Happy, but I changed it to Peter Dinklage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-18 22:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

{Found it!}
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-18 23:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
bootlicker

WTF is up with all these horizon evangelists invading the forum? Don't they have their own board? Did the Horizon team or their associates pay for another ad push or something.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-18 23:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just here either. They literally bombarded his comments in seconds. Even the famous streamer NiNJA is there! 'member from minecraft!?
[+]
By Seun 2023-11-19 01:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The intent is to usher people through the story of FFXI in preparation for the EoV raid? This thread probably belongs in the XIV forums. Maybe with a preemptive 'I wasted 30 bucks on FFXI' thread XD
By SimonSes 2023-11-19 02:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
The intent is to usher people through the story of FFXI in preparation for the EoV raid? This thread probably belongs in the XIV forums. Maybe with a preemptive 'I wasted 30 bucks on FFXI' thread XD

I think it belongs to both. While this is mostly for xiv players, it's for sure good, for current xi players to be aware of this and maybe help if possible, because while I don't have a high hope, some of those xiv players could stay for longer.
By Seun 2023-11-19 04:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Seun said: »

I think it belongs to both. While this is mostly for xiv players, it's for sure good, for current xi players to be aware of this and maybe help if possible, because while I don't have a high hope, some of those xiv players could stay for longer.

I could stay at my girlfriend's house for longer. Eventually I'm going home to my wife. I tell the GF I'll be back for the free campaign tho.

Seriously, this is more of a play to get XI players to play XIV. I'd think it's more likely that players of XI make the switch to XIV. The XIV implants will mostly become freecampaignplayer.meme
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-11-19 10:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would this be posted in the XIV forums when MrHappy is also asking if there are any vet XI players who wouldn't mind helping out?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-11-19 11:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Seraphione said: »
The game was designed to be installed from a bunch of DVDs. Whist the current way of downloading the game is workable, I think it is indeed harder than it should be.
So is the login process. And the download process is easier than the login.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-19 14:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
might transfer a char to bahamut temporarily to help Vyre get some jobs mastered and stop being a scrub.

That'd be awfully kind of you, Mr. Proth.

[+]
First Page 2 3