First Page 2 3
 Asura.Icilies
Guildwork Premium
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: icilies
By Asura.Icilies 2023-10-24 21:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see new post everyday. Been gone a good while but still paying for that sub.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm still so sad to not have received anything substantial from 20th but glad community is still active.

Also, low key makes me happy Eiryl is still out there playing cup half full. What's up man? (No sarcasm btw lol)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-24 21:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Every cup is always 100% full, unless it's in a vacuum.

What it's full of however...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-25 01:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

While we have many new posts a day, unfortunelly we have the same topics for like 1 or 2 weeks.

In other words, people keeps talking abot the same shitz over and over.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-10-25 05:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of bannings have kept a handful of active posters gone. And maybe people don't like creating new topics anymore, a lot of the usual threads are the huge ones always being posted in or they are update threads. Also given the status of the game atm, it's still nice to see threads moving.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-10-25 07:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
A lot of bannings
The have been five bans in the past two years. Is that a lot?
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-10-25 07:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Icilies said: »
Glad to see new post everyday. Been gone a good while but still paying for that sub.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm still so sad to not have received anything substantial from 20th but glad community is still active.

Also, low key makes me happy Eiryl is still out there playing cup half full. What's up man? (No sarcasm btw lol)

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-25 07:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
A lot of bannings

No, but considering there are like 10 people playing, yes. <3

I'm sure they were all terrible people with even worse opinions while on the internet.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-25 08:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
A lot of bannings

How many of those 5 are different person?
By gavroches 2023-10-25 08:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, banning subject. Here’s how I see it,

-SE: SE ban about 1000 accounts a month, there’s no extra banning just extra talking about it from them. Numbers are fairly steady and shocking to be honest. If you consider we lost 25K players in the last year and half were actually banned, don’t be surprised. I know plenty, and I’m talking about plenty of players that got the hammer in Phoenix, sometimes entire LS. Obviously they were not
“kosher” but the result is half of the playing population is gone.

-Caught cheating: maybe they should rethink the actions of banning, maybe actual loss of something game wise and a week off is enough, will keep people playing and when you cheat and loose 1000000 muffins or a whole rema or whatever then maybe it will make the game healthier, but the ban hammer cannot continue, even RMT should be allow and should pay SE for a “license”

-Cheaters: well they don’t care, most are actual friends, been playing (and now don’t) this game for 15-20 years, got the hammer, went on with their game life and still play another game together. I see them on discord, chat and laugh, have fun and pay someone else than SE. So the only real loosing one is FFXI player base. Cheaters still play game no matter what

-Endgame: SE is trying really hard to close this beauty and that’s the truth

Now your turn to go off rail
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-25 08:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK if Dray was talking about forum bans or FFXI bans.

In the case of FFXI bans, I don't see how you solve that "problem". I guess most people say just don't ban people for breaking TOS but I think that is totally untenable.

gavroches said: »
-Caught cheating: maybe they should rethink the actions of banning, maybe actual loss of something game wise and a week off is enough, will keep people playing and when you cheat and loose 1000000 muffins or a whole rema or whatever then maybe it will make the game healthier, but the ban hammer cannot continue

This is totally useless. You think people who are cheating are going to lose 1,000,000 muffins and they're going to say "You know what, I learned my lesson, I'm not going to cheat anymore"? I've got a bridge to sell you.

gavroches said: »
Cheaters still play game no matter what

So as long as someone is paying a sub, they should be allowed to use any cheats they want? This is asking for trouble and would result in near-100% proliferation of cheats among the playerbase. It's already bad enough, we don't need to add fuel to the fire by blanket allowing cheats.

How about instead of complaining that SE is *occasionally* actually enforcing the rules, you just follow the *** rules?
By Pantafernando 2023-10-25 09:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No!

Either i play by my rules, or I dont play, and both sides are supposely happy with that.

Have a nice day
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-25 09:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
No!

Either i play by my rules, or I dont play, and both sides are supposely happy with that.

Have a nice day

Sure, enjoy your ban when it comes around, I look forward to hearing your post pretending like you and your cheating friends are the victims, like everyone else makes. I'll try really hard to have sympathy for you, thinking back on this post.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-10-25 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhat interestingly, the STF page claims a removal of 59.3b gil from the economy with the ban wave in September, although the number of accounts is roughly on the consistent average since 2022 of ~800-900 bans per month. That's more than any other month since they started posting in 2009, next closest number was 44b in 4/2020.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-25 12:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If "interestingly" is slang for "***", sure
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-25 12:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
How about instead of complaining that SE is *occasionally* actually enforcing the rules, you just follow the *** rules?

They aren't even occasionally enforcing the rules. People blatantly and flagrantly cheat these days and there are no consequences. STF is a word document and nothing more.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-25 13:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

They aren't even occasionally enforcing the rules. People blatantly and flagrantly cheat these days and there are no consequences. STF is a word document and nothing more.

Apparently they banned 1000 of this guy's friends, so they must be doing something.
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-10-25 14:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE actually enforced the rules at any point, the game would have died immediately because everyone would be banned. I firmly believe that all the windower addons I use are for convenience or features that should be in the game but SE couldn't be bothered to do. If I thought at any point throughout the last 2 decades that I could be banned for TParty, having the ability to alt tab out of the game, see how much HP a boss has, or equip WS gear without pressing 4 macros, I would have been long gone. Are there tons of people that go far behind 'convenience'? Absolutely. But outside of the days of HNM camping, I really couldn't care less if other people want to cheat. If I'm not directly competing against them in any relevant content, then why does it matter at all?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-25 14:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cerderic said: »
If I thought at any point throughout the last 2 decades that I could be banned for TParty, having the ability to alt tab out of the game, see how much HP a boss has, or equip WS gear without pressing 4 macros, I would have been long gone

You can already see your party's TP with in-game functions, you can alt-tab without crashing using SE's built-in windowed or borderless window mode, and you can equip WS gear with a single macro. The only one of these you can't do is see the mob's HP (as an exact %), you have to estimate that for mobs with HP-dependent TP moves, and can't see the HP of enemies with masked HP.

Ready to uninstall all your addons and plugins yet, or are there more "QOL" things you can't live without?
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-10-25 14:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
STF is a word document and nothing more.

Wasn't the STF specifically to address RMT though, not for players using windower addons/plugins?

I can say with full certainty that if it wasn't for gearswap alone, I wouldn't even bother playing this game anymore. If I get banned for that, so be it. I can spend $100 a month somewhere else and be just as happy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-25 15:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Wasn't the STF specifically to address RMT though, not for players using windower addons/plugins?

From SE:
Quote:
Reports to the Special Task Force can be used to report illegal activity within FINAL FANTASY XI (such as the use of third-party software or the selling of game data through RMT).
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-10-25 15:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

From SE:
Quote:
Reports to the Special Task Force can be used to report illegal activity within FINAL FANTASY XI (such as the use of third-party software or the selling of game data through RMT).

In my face.

Was nice knowing you bois.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-25 15:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Was nice knowing you bois.

I wouldn't worry about it, despite the claims that there are mass ban waves every week, month, or whatever, everyone knows hardly anyone gets banned, realistically. Everyone I've ever known who was banned was given a warning (per account) before being banned, and every single one of them was using MULTIPLE third-party programs in addition to Windower.

I think it's exceedingly unlikely that anyone will be banned for using Windower + Gearswap.

It's not very clear which tools they ban for because SE doesn't want to release the information for obvious reasons and the modern FFXI player uses 50 addons and 3 third-party programs, all doing things with various levels of detectability, but I think it's quite clear at this point that Joe Schmoe doing content with minimal addons isn't getting banned.

This is just my experience, I'm sure someone's going to come along any second now and say their friend got banned for playing on a fully Vanilla client because they bought a wind crystal for too much gil or something, but I think that flies in the face of most people's experiences. You tell me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-10-25 15:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You can already see your party's TP with in-game functions, you can alt-tab without crashing using SE's built-in windowed or borderless window mode, and you can equip WS gear with a single macro.

Conveniently added 47 decades after Windower did it in the first place.
[+]
By Heghmoh 2023-10-25 15:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been issued a total of 7 bans and 11 suspensions over the past handful of years. Likely for multiboxing. But, many of my characters that have been served suspensions aren't automated or botted outside of using fastfollow, windower, and gear swap. For example I manually sing songs and I manually roll COR rolls, but have lost multiple CORs and BRDs for following me around in content areas (omen/dynamis). Most recently my BRD who literally only leaves mog house to do omen and dynamis was suspended.

I honestly think it is less about what programs you use and more about how many people report you for using them. An individual broadcasting the stuff he is using is at as much risk of being suspended as someone's BRD or WHM multibox alt.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-25 15:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt fastfollow frequently *** and pos you halfway across the map?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-25 15:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not using any automation, I'm just using a program that controls where my characters are standing.

Could've also been a ton of other things that input commands faster than humans do like sellnpc, that thing that opens sacks of things for people. Could've been superwarp which POS hacks you inside the zone, could've been a hundred other things that aren't automation, but are detectable and against TOS. Who knows?
By K123 2023-10-25 15:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a warning (not even temp ban) from SE for hurting someone's feelings. I don't know for sure who it was, but I emailed them back asking for more info and they refused to confirm what I had said that was offensive.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-25 15:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
I've been issued a total of 7 bans and 11 suspensions over the past handful of years.

I also offer this as the time for everyone to speak up about how after people get a warning they'll stop breaking TOS. Would anyone like to talk about how warnings are good enough and temp suspensions should be used instead of bans? I feel like we should talk about this.

Does anyone want to discuss how SE should be more lenient on people because they'll learn their lesson and change their behavior if given a second chance? I have a random urge to talk about it, out of nowhere. Maybe we should unban this guy's 7 other accounts, surely he won't break TOS on them. Think of the boon to the population we could have!
By Felgarr 2023-10-25 16:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
I got a warning (not even temp ban) from SE for hurting someone's feelings. I don't know for sure who it was, but I emailed them back asking for more info and they refused to confirm what I had said that was offensive.

Screenshot of email please? I want to know what rule in the TOS SE referred to.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-25 16:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

3.2 or 3.3

I thought I posted the screen shot of the email from my last ban when I called Chibico a *** in game.
First Page 2 3