Do You Prefer The Current Stat Values?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Do you prefer the current stat values?
Do you prefer the current stat values?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By SimonSes 2023-10-10 07:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I don't think SE can make BRD, GEO, or WHM appealing to the current playerbase. They already have much more varied and interesting gameplay than most DPS in most content. It almost seems to me that people only find jobs with high WS numbers or high overall parses to be the most interesting jobs. Plenty of people 'love' the current flavor of the month DPS, even when it's a job with little player interaction like MNK. What's the difference between a melee BRD and a MNK exactly..? Just the numbers showing up on the screen.

Lore. Some people just loves killing things with punches and kicks, while poking things with daggers or cutting with sword as musician might not be as "cool". All passive abilities boosting MNK performance and adding critical hit chance, push this anime character fantasy even more.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-10 07:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

XI brd may be a bit more lilylivered but rpg bards do tend to be martial classes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-10 09:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
What is the difference between melee BRD and the DPS that historically may slow down damage by WSing vs auto attacks things to death?
Such good faith argument.
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Asura.Vyre said: »
Do they really never use inner court for some variety in the events that use Rakaznar?

You know, I never actually thought about this until you wrote it here. Wtf se

Yeah it's pretty in there. Where is that little green bot going?
 Asura.Cariko
Server: Asura
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-10-10 09:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How to make BRD/GEO/WHM more appealing:

Move wretchedly important effects off of REMAs and into the jobs themselves. BRD's additional song slots should have come from job traits. Juggling junk to reinstate song slots mid combat is a nightmare and just making it part of the job would help that out dramatically.

GEO should have access to a wider gradient of +Geomancy so Idris isn't such a requirement (3,5,7,10? There's like 6 more numbers!) Maybe also don't nerf them in an entire endgame area.

WHM should have a stance to turn -na spells into -nara while increasing the MP cost of na spells somewhat (but not horribly aggressively), where Yagrush could negate the cost. Hell, put it at level 50~58 so sufficiently ML'd jobs could also use it.

"But why do things like this when it wouldn't be fair to other jobs if supports could function reasonably well without spending an absurd amount of time/gil to get past a wall of required gear progress?" Good question, convenient straw man. To that I say "because we want people to actually play those jobs more?"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-10 09:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely nothing is going to make WHM appealing other than removing the excessive amount of debuffs enemies have. And that will only motivate rdm/sch.

Nothing makes healing notsuck. The only route is to reward the shitty jobs more.

BRD GEO COR are "fixable" simply by making their cost to entry notsuck. They're still going to suck to play, but suck less to play occasionally to "take one for the team"

Here; let's do it. https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57502/why-wont-you-main-whm/#3680178
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-10 10:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Do they really never use inner court for some variety in the events that use Rakaznar?

You know, I never actually thought about this until you wrote it here. Wtf se

Shichishito said: »
Guild Wars is a good example of a MMO that put a little less emphasis on supports and while that games focus was more on PVP I would say it's far from a shallow experience.

Idk about that brother bear. Game is more pve leaning than anything these days and you want some mix of quickness dps/heals and alacrity dps/heals for strikes, fractals, raids, dragon’s end, etc.

Ehh Bard was / is boring as heck until you get a Naegling / TP Bonus dagger, then it can be fun. NiTro makes buffs not a headache to keep up, and their debuffs are super situational.

GEO is kinda of the same, it can be made to do decent damage but your locked into Idris or losing TP every time you bubble. Nuking would be more fun but is counter productive outside of Rayke windows.

WHM, like all healers, requires a certain personality to enjoy. Trinity system means healers don't really want to be close up due to status effects. I find it more fun to heal on RDM or SCH but I can see how people might enjoy WHM if they like using those tools. The introduction of ML's has enabled some very interesting healing options.

So while those jobs could be fun, they represent a small subsection of a large variety of jobs. The old bard saying of "making five players play better then six" really applies only it's been amplified.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2023-10-10 14:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my biggest issue with the gear now is paging. Especially when there are screens you can't page gear on.
By Shichishito 2023-10-10 21:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hey, let's add more alliance content!
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-10-11 03:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
NiTro makes buffs not a headache to keep up, and their debuffs are super situational.

Until someone dies and you need to cast 6 non nitro Pianissimo songs and another 4 if that someone died within first 4 minutes after last Nitro...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-10-11 03:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They are not using Inner Ra'kaznar simply because there is no instanced version of it.

For Outer Ra'kaznar they created a whole amount of multi-purpose assets which could be used in several ways and, as a matter of fact, have been used (Skirmish, Vagary).
They simply re-used those things for Sortie merging all the possible maps together, with the exception of a single mini-zone that they created specifically for Sortie (you can tell it because it's the only small part where there is no map, clearly would've been too much work for them, rite?)

I was hoping for the second part of Sortie (what turned out to be the basement) they would've used assets from Inner Ra'kaznar rather than Outer, but that was a dumb hope on my side. Clearly they couldn't do so, would've been too much effort, alas.
[+]