Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-09-11 00:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61097-September-11-2023-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/September_2023_Version_Update_Changes
[+]
By Shuko 2023-09-11 00:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks funk for being so reliable about taking care of this, its super helpful

Also, woot! New Master Trial
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-11 00:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dagger lightsaber akin to the original line of master trial weapons.

It exists, I guess. Personally don't care at all about a dagger. Was kinda hoping for something more universal for an actual reason to have everyone attempt this rather than another 1 weapon Andy. Cosmetic Armor set or something. Something cringe like a recolored or different wing-shape Tartarus mail even.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-09-11 00:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh.... 1 dmg, 150 delay. This is the only 1 dmg dagger with delay that low. The other various cosmetic daggers have 180 delay.

This makes it actually useful for RDM enspell shenanigans, like for VD Odin merit BC, etc. Hmmm. BC is probably hard as hell though. Dunno if I want to go to the effort for something so niche, even if it does have an non-cosmetic use.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-11 01:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Master Trial is in The Celestial Nexus, uhm... Maybe it's just me but I was honestly expecting that to take place in the Ru'Aun Gardens arena (the same where Divine Might happens).
Celestial Nexus is smaller, right? Less space for kiting etc.

Also it seems the Sortie selection message thing happens when trying to access the boss, whereas I was expecting it to happen when entering Sortie.
The description is confusing though, from the way it's worded it seems to me that Mesosiderite can drop from ANY of the 5 basement bosses fought in "hard mode" and not just Aminion?
This is different from what they told us but, if true, it could make sense because it would at least give a purpose to those hard mode bosses, wouldn't it?
But then it would change the "Aminon" mandatory-ness for Stage 5.
By Mrxi 2023-09-11 01:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like can do 4 boss on hard mode for mesosiderite unless that's a typo. What a relief that would be.
 Sylph.Pve
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2023-09-11 01:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if the new master trial is going to need 2 tanks because AAEV sure ain't gonna mess around.

Likely need a Yagrush WHM for all the AOE status effects, knockbacks, and all that.

Just speculation at this point, will be interesting to find out what shenanigans they decided to add to this one.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-11 01:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Also it seems the Sortie selection message thing happens when trying to access the boss, whereas I was expecting it to happen when entering Sortie.

I quoted to you the thing that Fujito posted which expressly noted that this wouldn't be the case. He said from the start of this nerf announcement that it'd be when you go to enter the NM arena, not entering Sortie itself.

Also, I would expect this to only be for Aminon, not the other 4, unless he changed his mind on that and is letting them all drop Meso. That said, there'd be 0 reason to fight enraged Aminon then, so I doubt it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-11 01:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
That said, there'd be 0 reason to fight enraged Aminon then, so I doubt it.
Absolutely, but then again the same applies in reverse to the 4 other bosses.

If you make Meso potentially drop from all 5 (hard mode) then there is no reason to do hard Aminon.
If you make Meso drop only from hard Aminon (just like we all expected) then there is no reason to fight the other 4 in hard mode. So...

I'm surprised because the way it's worded makes you think that Meso can drop from all 5, but it's not overly clear so I wouldn't take it for granted honestly. It *could* be true, but I guess we'll find out. Not holding my breath until then.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-11 01:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito already addressed that too by saying they wouldn't bother adding the hard mode for E F G H because there would be no purpose in fighting them. This is potentially just another one of those classic patch note translation things where even though it says "bosses" they mean "Aminon" or "the boss" since he is "the boss" of the basement.

Let's wait til someone goes in and confirms one way or the other. If you can engage hard mode on EFGH then that's that. They'll have just made the Mesos much easier to get for any 8NM capable group, or it's exactly as he said it'd be originally and the EFGH hard modes no longer exist, only Aminon. If it's the former, there's no reason to ever even try Aminon hard mode unless you want to say you've beaten it, so I really have my doubts.

Also of note, there's no mention in here of Aminon getting that 25% extra DT. That level of granularity would be uncommon for SE anyway, but it'd be interesting if they didn't buff him.
[+]
 Sylph.Pve
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2023-09-11 01:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Locus Imp as a new ML mob, sure brings back the lv75 era imp parties.

Hopefully it's higher level than the other locus/apex mobs so far.

Barfira, Baramnesia and Fire Carols should help with the AoE amnesia?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-11 01:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The following changes have been made to the Bhaflau Thickets.
The monster locations have been adjusted and a Locus Imp has been newly added.
Of the Ethereal Junctions that cause the notorious monster Shedu to appear, the location of I-7 has been changed to H-8.

Did they mean Caedarva and not Bhaflau? Shedu is Caedarva UNM.
[+]
By Manque 2023-09-11 01:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito already addressed that too by saying they wouldn't bother adding the hard mode for E F G H because there would be no purpose in fighting them. This is potentially just another one of those classic patch note translation things where even though it says "bosses" they mean "Aminon" or "the boss" since he is "the boss" of the basement.

Let's wait til someone goes in and confirms one way or the other. If you can engage hard mode on EFGH then that's that. They'll have just made the Mesos much easier to get for any 8NM capable group, or it's exactly as he said it'd be originally and the EFGH hard modes no longer exist, only Aminon. If it's the former, there's no reason to ever even try Aminon hard mode unless you want to say you've beaten it, so I really have my doubts.

Also of note, there's no mention in here of Aminon getting that 25% extra DT. That level of granularity would be uncommon for SE anyway, but it'd be interesting if they didn't buff him.

Original JPN is also not specific on singular/plural distinction.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-11 02:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is my Garazu-Horeizu staff
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-09-11 02:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Huh.... 1 dmg, 150 delay. This is the only 1 dmg dagger with delay that low. The other various cosmetic daggers have 180 delay.

This makes it actually useful for RDM enspell shenanigans, like for VD Odin merit BC, etc. Hmmm. BC is probably hard as hell though. Dunno if I want to go to the effort for something so niche, even if it does have a non-cosmetic use.
Makes me think typo
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-11 02:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's exactly what people claimed they wanted.

Cosmetic but useful. So now you have to do it.

Unquestionably best in slot. And Niche enough that it's not required. It's exactly what you wanted.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-09-11 03:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The new weapon model is definitely a departure from the swooshy design of the sword/gs/h2h models.

It's a fairly wide(for a weapon) cuboid shape, not flat.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-11 03:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like they were gonna make a club and changed their minds last minute
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-11 03:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks pretty cool! I guess a bit different from the approach they had for the previous one, but not so much that it seems to be part of a completely different set.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-09-11 04:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad news on Sortie. . . I just did my run with my alts and did not get a prompt to enter "the Deepest Darkness" when entering E or G. It would appear that the option is either (a) bugged; or (b) only available if you challenge Aminon as it was originally stated on the official forums and the update notes are just poorly worded. Dang!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-11 04:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, not necessarily a bad news but rather a clarification.
It's exactly what we were told and what we expected until the not-so-clear patch notes.

Nothing new on the horizon then. Neeeext!
By Seun 2023-09-11 04:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like they were gonna make a club and changed their minds last minute

Would be pretty cool if they animated into a blade when you swing.
[+]
By Beau 2023-09-11 06:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, it's a typo, the new Locus Imps are exactly in the area of the old Shedu UNM pop site. There were about 47 in wide scan and one 3-man party killing. As ML46 they checked at very tough, which is good. Seem to aggro to both sight and sound but don't link. And the new Shedu UNM pop site is just off the ledge drop-down hugging the east wall from the UNM warp.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-11 06:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say I ever was a fan of the Imps exp spots even during the ToAU era, but the more Locus/Ampex mobs the better, so I can't complain.

I actually wish we're gonna see even more spots in the future, but they need to do something about the insane ML levelling speed post 40.
Some could say post 30, really.
They should've never re-activated the old party-member-level penalty. That thing was stupid even in 2004, who the *** was "missing" that in 2022, really?
But it's too late for that, now that the thing has been implemented they won't go back on their way on that.

They need to release some KI, some campaign, some exp ring, something to make it more realistical though, or the current situation where the activity is in the hands of bots and RMTs won't change.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-09-11 06:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The Locus Imps are in Caedarva Mire not Bhaflau. Also the UNM spot change in Caedarva.

They are in the UNM 135 warp area, hidden right hand side spot not on map.

Looks like 134-136 level range, similar to Locus Crabs in Bibiki.

[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-11 07:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How am I supposed to serve cake with that?
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2023-09-11 07:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
How am I supposed to serve cake with that?
If the bladelets were turned the other way, you could cut all the pieces at the same time.
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-11 08:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
They should've never re-activated the old party-member-level penalty. That thing was stupid even in 2004, who the *** was "missing" that in 2022, really?

Exp merc bots are already annoying as it is, guess they didn't want an alliance of 16 leeches.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-09-11 09:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Disappointed they didn't give mages a chance to show off lightsaber gear.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6