Forum » FFXI » General » September 2023 Version Update
September 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-12 16:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that makes ML a chore is needing a BRD/COR/GEO+<healer> to get remotely decent progress. Doing it solo is simply not feasible, and your friends are going to get tired of playing BRD/COR/GEO/Healer (the GEO can do this technically). Now if you have alts, then you can assign one of those roles to them, but unless you can field all four yourself, your going to run into the same problems.

Thus the RMT step in and "solve" the problem... for gil/money.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-12 17:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The real lynchpin is COR. Eventually they will be ML 50 and you hopefully have a 2nd one to rotate in. They can carry 3 or 4 people easy with the right partner. If 1 or 2 of those people actually wants to do work as well then you've got a stew going!
By Bosworth 2023-09-12 17:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone beaten the new master trial yet?
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-09-12 18:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »

Yeah, let's refocus the topic to the update, this has been like 4 pages of ML arguments, which I appreciate, but aren't that relevant other than 'they added another shitty Locus mob to the game'.

I see a couple people doing important testing which is nice, but are any full groups going in and doing serious attempts yet? Looking at the dmg they are putting out, this is gonna be rough and someone isn't just gonna be able to hold them all outright.
By Seun 2023-09-12 18:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
I have seen shouts on Asura asking for ML30 for content (both Ody V25 and Sortie) which I don't consider unreasonable. If anything it just filters people to using jobs they actually play and care about and not just have or used to play and have some outdated gear for. Asking for Mlevel 35/40/45/50 would be bs.

ML really can't be a qualifier of skill or experience with a job when so many people are earning it AFK.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-12 19:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't, but people think it is. That's what matters.

If you're an M50 with R25/30 everything you definitely "earned it" and are more competent because of it.

(Even if you earn it, a dumbass ML50/R30 is still a dumbass. There's no way to measure competence without seeing it)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-12 19:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
The real lynchpin is COR. Eventually they will be ML 50 and you hopefully have a 2nd one to rotate in. They can carry 3 or 4 people easy with the right partner. If 1 or 2 of those people actually wants to do work as well then you've got a stew going!

COR/BRD/GEO, need those three to have amazing EP/hr. The RMT drop the COR and just use BRD + GEO with Jinpu spam.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-09-12 20:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey... its sir dumbass to you!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-12 21:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta make sacrifices. You're gonna run out of COR/BRD/GEO if you throw them in every party. Unless you want to make 3 alts of BRD COR GEO whos sole job is to ML all your mains jobs.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-09-12 21:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Bosworth said: »

Yeah, let's refocus the topic to the update, this has been like 4 pages of ML arguments, which I appreciate, but aren't that relevant other than 'they added another shitty Locus mob to the game'.

I see a couple people doing important testing which is nice, but are any full groups going in and doing serious attempts yet? Looking at the dmg they are putting out, this is gonna be rough and someone isn't just gonna be able to hold them all outright.

There isn't much else to talk about. Someone will probably make a post for the new Master Trial at some point, so the information can be in one place. Outside of that, there's really nothing else to discuss.

Asura.Saevel said: »
The only thing that makes ML a chore is needing a BRD/COR/GEO+<healer> to get remotely decent progress. Doing it solo is simply not feasible, and your friends are going to get tired of playing BRD/COR/GEO/Healer (the GEO can do this technically). Now if you have alts, then you can assign one of those roles to them, but unless you can field all four yourself, your going to run into the same problems.

Thus the RMT step in and "solve" the problem... for gil/money.

One of my best MT parties saw me pulling skeletons on Red Mage while our Monks bashed their bones. You can get experimental with camps, but it depends who you have. Of course, BRD/COR/GEO will always be needed for decent points, but I can see other types of parties over time, and even more so if SE keeps introducing new camps.
By Shichishito 2023-09-12 22:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Yeah, let's refocus the topic to the update
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
There isn't much else to talk about.
We could pretend they added anniversary content somewhat worthy of the hype?

Valhalla, chemist and time mage anyone?
Look at those new Prime weapons! Was worried we'd get another lazy, reskinned copy paste job for a moment,
supposed to keep us busy for another 5+ years, but boy they sure went on a creative rampage here, even putting mythics to shame.
Truely a worthy goodbye for this 20 year old, record breaking success story!
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-13 04:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It isn't, but people think it is. That's what matters.

If you're an M50 with R25/30 everything you definitely "earned it" and are more competent because of it.

Ha, maybe on Asura. Not on smaller servers. Whenever somebody pops around that we haven't seen them ever, but they have all weapons and necks r25 and crafted armor, we all instantly know that person is a gilbuyer and has no idea how the game works. A guy a few months ago quit after a few weeks of nobody inviting him to any content anymore due to this.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-13 04:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Whenever somebody pops around that we haven't seen them ever, but they have all weapons and necks r25 and crafted armor
Clearly you're talking about me, eh! xD
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-13 05:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there are 3+ new people in my casual/crafter ls that just haven't played since like pre-abyssea. And legit, they have no idea how this game works anymore because it's such a contrite, non-homogenized mess of events from different eras.
[+]
By Asura.Aragan 2023-09-13 06:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
I figured I'd poke my head into the master trial -
This is obviously a lie:
Be in possession of the Crystal Paradise item.
* Players joining the instance must be in possession of this item.
You can just use one item to get in, like a standard BCNM Orb.

Buffs don't wear on entry, can probably do some buff shenanigans outside if necessary. Short cutscene on entry, no trusts ofc.

Eald'narche and the TT teleport onto the aggro-getter on pull, was funny to see. The GK used Call Wyvern, HM used Mighty Strikes on pull. Just before I died to a big nuke, a Behemoth and Adamantoise were summoned from somewhere - I assume the Mithra?
An orbital spawned (after stellar burst?)

Eald'narche's nukes hurt. Thunder 6 hit my RUN for 2.4k. Water 6 hit me for 2k, so they hurt a lot.(Windsday for both)
An ES Sleepga on RDM/BLM slept the wyvern, behemoth, both orbitals, and got immunobreaks on Kam'Lanaut and HM. Resists on everything else.
Stymie Saboteur Sleepga landed just fine. Lasted 93 seconds and they all woke simultaneously, with this set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/392981

No exoplates, but looks like more enemies to handle at one time than I was expcting. I think Kam and Eald have auras or something going on when they're close to each other? Definitely some TP gain buffs, and they glow, but they might always do that.

Aggro radius of 20', they won't re-aggro if you reraise after a full wipe and are out of range. I didn't check if you lose Exemplar Points, whoops.

we test new fight yestarday master trial ★Crystal Paradise★ its spawn Behemoth and Adamantoise those can sleep with rdm/blm ES JA SLEEPGA , Kam'lanaut spell silencja 20' and other debuff , Eald'narche nuker hard fire , all aggro link , no aggro after rr 20' , crystal can used more time and all pt need 1 trade first time i think good pt for this fight pt job: tank rdm/blm dd cor brd/whm healer or cancel cor 2whm plan all set 50%-DT all get remedy stacks ; tank set turtle , use all sp full buff and all pt out 30" to avoid silence if whm see tank get silence erase and spam cure 3 , rdm try sleep Behemoth and Adamantoise , dd pull 1 1 Kill order EV > MR > GK > HM > TT or tt mr first , 1 whm focus tank 1 whm focus dd whm buff barsilence barfira equip set shamash rob and ressist silence equip boost str and other buff , brd def songx2 HM minuet mad or str and give whm tank Puppet's Operetta Scop's Operetta
By Dodik 2023-09-13 06:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2023-09-13 09:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aragan said: »
we test new fight yestarday master trial ★Crystal Paradise★ its spawn Behemoth and Adamantoise those can sleep with rdm/blm ES JA SLEEPGA , Kam'lanaut spell silencja 20' and other debuff , Eald'narche nuker hard fire , all aggro link , no aggro after rr 20' , crystal can used more time and all pt need 1 trade first time i think good pt for this fight pt job: tank rdm/blm dd cor brd/whm healer or cancel cor 2whm plan all set 50%-DT all get remedy stacks ; tank set turtle , use all sp full buff and all pt out 30" to avoid silence if whm see tank get silence erase and spam cure 3 , rdm try sleep Behemoth and Adamantoise , dd pull 1 1 Kill order EV > MR > GK > HM > TT or tt mr first , 1 whm focus tank 1 whm focus dd whm buff barsilence barfira equip set shamash rob and ressist silence equip boost str and other buff , brd def songx2 HM minuet mad or str and give whm tank Puppet's Operetta Scop's Operetta
Sounds like a solid strat, did you get the clear?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-13 17:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Gotta make sacrifices. You're gonna run out of COR/BRD/GEO if you throw them in every party. Unless you want to make 3 alts of BRD COR GEO whos sole job is to ML all your mains jobs.

That is exactly what people I know do, then people line up hoping it get into one of their parties for EP. FFXI is just too buff orientated, every time they released a new buff job we kicked out a DD to add that job eventually resulting in ~4 support players and 2 DD's. Decent ML's requires you to kill monsters high high HP at a fast rate, that's only happening with high buffs. You could solo to ML20 reasonably enough, hard core dedicated folks could likely do 30 before wanting to slit wrists. But to 40 takes way too long, and then to 50 is just insanity at solo speeds. Like your going to die of old age before getting there.

One of my best MT parties saw me pulling skeletons on Red Mage while our Monks bashed their bones. You can get experimental with camps, but it depends who you have. Of course, BRD/COR/GEO will always be needed for decent points, but I can see other types of parties over time, and even more so if SE keeps introducing new camps.

Oh definitely, SAM Jinpu spam is just the easiest most brain dead way of doing it, practically any decent DPS can get a good pace with the holy trinity buffing them.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-09-14 05:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/RUN, BRD//WHM, RDM/BLM, BLU/NIN AND SAM/DRG - first attempt fail.
today trying swapping out blu/nin for a RDM/NIN for temp tank/kiter, help on enfeebs and heals. even though the blu rocked it and managed to hold 3 before tank got destroyed

someone tried Perfect defensex2 strat before us with cor and got lucky with 4x total and said they timed out.

RMT seem to be trying BSTx5 strat. I see a lot of dead bst with random names.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-09-14 08:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You are not pass in Master Trial
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-09-14 08:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i blame work
By Pantafernando 2023-09-14 15:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why tf is this called Crystal “Paradise”?

My definition of paradise involves lots of mithras, and certainly not sore losers that were beaten over and over over the time, and always come back trying another 15 mins of fame.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-09-14 17:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Why tf is this called Crystal “Paradise”?

My definition of paradise involves lots of mithras, and certainly not sore losers that were beaten over and over over the time, and always come back trying another 15 mins of fame.

Maybe Kam & Eal' are into that, and that's why they signed up for Emporox's back alley bloodsport.

Everything about the potpourri system screams "black market". You pays the goblin, and maybe a pulse weapon just happens to fall off the truck. You rough up some past-due clients, maybe it's an Aeonic weapon instead. Capishe?
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-14 18:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
Everything about the potpourri system screams "black market". You pays the goblin, and maybe a pulse weapon just happens to fall off the truck. You rough up some past-due clients, maybe it's an Aeonic weapon instead. Capishe?

I for one, support our Goblin Mafia overlords.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-09-15 00:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
today trying swapping out blu/nin for a RDM/NIN for temp tank/kiter, help on enfeebs and heals. even though the blu rocked it and managed to hold 3 before tank got destroyed

someone tried Perfect defensex2 strat before us with cor and got lucky with 4x total and said they timed out.

Why would RMTs be doing anything that isn't earning them gil???
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-15 00:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by BSTx5, they're leaving an open party spot to hope to sell the dagger for a shitton of gil?
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-09-15 06:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Can't say I ever was a fan of the Imps exp spots even during the ToAU era, but the more Locus/Ampex mobs the better, so I can't complain.

I actually wish we're gonna see even more spots in the future, but they need to do something about the insane ML levelling speed post 40.
Some could say post 30, really.
They should've never re-activated the old party-member-level penalty. That thing was stupid even in 2004, who the *** was "missing" that in 2022, really?
But it's too late for that, now that the thing has been implemented they won't go back on their way on that.

They need to release some KI, some campaign, some exp ring, something to make it more realistical though, or the current situation where the activity is in the hands of bots and RMTs won't change.

I am honestly curious if the animated bots really do try to ML payers on these new ilvl imp mobs. Imagine amnesia going off and staying on for 30s or more... No more SC spamming lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2023-09-15 07:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was at the imp camp last night. It actually wasn’t completely horrible. Amnesia/silence didn’t really land that often with the level of magic evasion we have now. And the imps are pretty damn squishy.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-09-15 07:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I was at the imp camp last night. It actually wasn’t completely horrible. Amnesia/silence didn’t really land that often with the level of magic evasion we have now. And the imps are pretty damn squishy.

Ah I see. I guess at the very least, the bot SAMS will have to use less-than-optimal tp sets or else get hit with amnesia more often and longer? I'm not sure because I don't main SAM, but I believe some still use the Tatenashi +1 UNM gear?

Regardless, SE is onto something here with respect to encouraging actual players and not bots.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-15 07:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Why would RMTs be doing anything that isn't earning them gil???

Seeing if it's super easy enough to sell to a couple morons for 500m before people catch on.