Other games to play now that FFXI is dead
First Page 2 3 4
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-08-02 13:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that SE has officially ended NA support by not translating update notes and stopped listening to their player base what games are people looking to get into

Baldurs Gate 3 and Blue Protocol come to mind. what other games are people going to get into now that ffxi has met its demise?
[+]
By Torzak 2023-08-02 13:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Poked around on Last Epoch. It's fun. Definitely needs more polish, but it's fun.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-08-02 13:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Gabriel
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2023-08-02 14:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually been tackling some old games I never completed. Dragon Warrior VII, Final Fantasy IX, Breath of Fire III, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, and currently playing FFX-2 (story is ***but I love the gameplay). I started Legend of Legaia awhile ago, but just couldn't really get into it. Also need to revisit my Golden Sun: The Lost Age file that I got sidetracked from.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-08-02 14:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been actually enjoying my backlog now that I lost all interest in finishing off my Gawk Gawk 3000 Samurai ML50 +2 sortie earring better than your favorite FFXI Streamer who has 9 accounts. Just needed to finish camped NMs for masamune. To lazy to even set up a bot

Nier:automata looks amazing in upscaled 8k 30fps (7900xtx) - gonna play the prequal when done
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-08-02 14:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna give BG3 a try. I read all the Forgotten Realms books as a kid, so I'm a little excited. I haven't played a single-player since THPS so I'm gonna step out of my comfort zone and try to immerse.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-08-02 15:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I'm gonna give BG3 a try. I read all the Forgotten Realms books as a kid, so I'm a little excited. I haven't played a single-player since THPS so I'm gonna step out of my comfort zone and try to immerse.

You can play Multiplayer on it too if you want. I played early access with a friend and we would just split the party between the 2 of us. So long as you're both on the same page, it makes combat faster and imo more fun.

End of the month is going to be Armored Core as well. August and possible September are going to go fast waiting for them to fail at implementing their fix for stage 4 weapons.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-08-02 15:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't already, Ghost of Tsushima was a fantastic game, highly recommend.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-08-02 15:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I'm gonna give BG3 a try.

I'm doing the same. It looks really well done and my friends who have played the beta for 100s of hours loved it.

My only concern is that with most Larian games, I run out of steam with them about halfway through. We'll see if that's the case here too.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-08-02 15:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody ever recommends Return of the Obra Dinn anymore but I'll never let it die. Also CrossCode.
[+]
By K123 2023-08-02 15:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Triangle Strategy is good.
Octopath Traveller is too, but cannot make myself play the 2nd one after that grind.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-02 16:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There's so many games just from this year along with some of the staples. Not comprehensive:

ARPG - Path of Exile, Last Epoch, Grim Dawn (won't recommend Diablo 4)

RPG - FF16, Octopath 1+2, Bravely Default 1+2+FE, Chained Echoes, Crystal Project, Persona 3/4/5, Fantasian

CRPG - Baldur's Gate 3, Pillars of Eternity 1+2, Divinity Original Sin 1+2, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Action - God of War, Horizon 1+2, Warframe, Earth Defense Force 5/6, Persona 5 Strikers

Adventure - Zelda, Hogwarts Legacy

Bullet Heavens - Vampire Survivors, Halls of Torment, Spirit Hunters, Nomad Survival

Survival - Valheim, Conan Exiles, V Rising, Tribes of Midgard, Subnautica (+Below Zero)

Cards - Slay the Spire, Tainted Grail, Arcanium, Monster Train

Roguelite/like - Roboquest, Gunfire Reborn, Risk of Rain 2, Crab Champions, Darkest Dungeon 2, FTL

MMO - Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV featuring a free trial that now extends all the way through the critically acclaimed second expansion pack "STORMBLOOD"

Souls(likes) - Elden Ring, Sekiro, Remnant 2

Idle - Melvor Idle, IdleOn, Clicker Heroes, COOKIE CLICKER
[+]
 Bahamut.Orlanda
Server: Bahamut
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-08-02 16:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
RPG - FF16, Octopath 1+2, Bravely Default 1+2+FE, Chained Echoes, Crystal Project, Persona 3/4/5, Fantasian

Crystal Project is SO underrated it's not even funny. Fantastic JRPG mechanics coupled with really neat perspective-based puzzling and platforming.

I'm eager to play Fantasian if/when it's ever released outside of apple ios.

In RPGland I'm really excited for the new Dragon Quest Monsters in december, and especially for Yakuza Like a Dragon 2.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-02 16:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They just put in an entry for Fantasian on SteamDB so, soon(tm)
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-02 17:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop whining and go grind that Primes.
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-08-02 17:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna be playing BG3 for the for the next month at least, DOS2 was an easy 300 hours game
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-08-02 17:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went back to 14 after not playing through the last two expansions, feels fresh-ish but curious to see how long it lasts this time around. 11 feels like such a slog these days.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-08-02 17:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Just went back to 14 after not playing through the last two expansions, feels fresh-ish but curious to see how long it lasts this time around. 11 feels like such a slog these days.
14 is a total slog, great single player game with other people.
Learn identical rotations for all jobs. After that you spend the time learning movement based mechanics and then you learn how to move less for more dps.
Theatrics and music are great.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-08-02 18:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just picked up a FFT clone called Arcadian Atlas. Seems promising.

But this is news to me:
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Now that SE has officially ended NA support by not translating update notes

I know I'm a little out of the loop but that's, uh, wow.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-02 18:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, they didn't. At least, not in any official capacity. They just *** up. Even more than usual.

might have something to do with the new job posting.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-08-02 18:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Stop whining and go grind that Primes.

Lolno
By DaneBlood 2023-08-02 20:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This game has died more times than Loki
[+]
By kasnuaku 2023-08-02 20:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

vampire survivors
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-08-02 22:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Endgame.

[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-08-02 22:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
I know I'm a little out of the loop but that's, uh, wow.

They didn't, this is just Draylo level saltwagon[*].

[+]
By Seun 2023-08-02 23:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares if FFXI is dead? Losing the crispy chocobo campaign is the real tragedy here. Someone start a petition on the official forums so that we may restore this game to glory!
By Draylo 2023-08-02 23:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2023-08-03 01:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin: Chaos Edition???!!!

In all seriousness though: just beat it this week and boy it was a blast. Naoshi Mizuta as main composer, with an apparent influence from FFXI on the job system philosophy (it even has a meripo system for post-game grinding called "master points", lol). FFXI players should feel right at home.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2023-08-03 02:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently going through Witcher 3 on Death March difficulty.

Also gotten back into Battlefield 5.

Highly recommend Persona 5 Royal.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-08-03 02:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
No Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin: Chaos Edition???!!!

In all seriousness though: just beat it this week and boy it was a blast. Naoshi Mizuta as main composer, with an apparent influence from FFXI on the job system philosophy (it even has a meripo system for post-game grinding called "master points", lol). FFXI players should feel right at home.

I still need to finish that, I had fun with it but the equipment spam was really annoying. I did just get the Garland figure the other day, its one of the best play arts kai they've done, really cool looking and the wired cape can make some really nice poses.

I did try to get more trophies for FF9 recently, I finally got the Excalibur II after how many decades.. but I use the speed up, I guess its cheating but that game plays super slow without it these days.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4