First Page 2
 Asura.Naer
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Naer
By Asura.Naer 2023-07-24 04:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

As the title says, I'm getting booted nonstop every 30-40 minutes and can't figure out why. I have opened all the ports that need to be opened on my router that SE suggests opening. Can anyone please help me with this problem I have been back to the game after4 years and never had a single issue such as this and its killing my experience in coming back due to this going on for almost 2 1/2 weeks now due to not being able to do anything in fear of being booted from the game every 30-40 mins. I can stay connected to every other MMO I play for hours on end (FFXIV, and WoW), but FFXI will give me a 4001 on average of every 30-40 mins and it will happen while just standing around in town.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-24 04:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad it's been so long since I saw a 4006 I got the 2 error numbers mixed up!

4001 is simply connection. 4006 is the lag/fps/irregular movement
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-07-24 04:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Your ISP is doing evil things with your network. See if playing over a VPN helps with the stability.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-07-24 09:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
What specs is your pc and/or how many characters.

I found this to be an fps issue. Yet to see a better answer. If you aren't getting the consistent 30fps it'll 4001

If you have something else running and xi is in the background having it's resources limited that'll 4001 it

Per this suggestion... OP what kind of card do you have? What are the round about specs on your device? Laptop or desktop?
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-24 10:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Your ISP is doing evil things with your network. See if playing over a VPN helps with the stability.
Ye i agree to this. I have kinda similar problem, dont remember the error code tho, but i disconnect every 6 hours after loged into game.
But if i use VPN and set it to US, then i will never diconnect.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-07-24 10:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Naer said: »
Hello!

As the title says, I'm getting booted nonstop every 30-40 minutes and can't figure out why. I have opened all the ports that need to be opened on my router that SE suggests opening. Can anyone please help me with this problem I have been back to the game after4 years and never had a single issue such as this and its killing my experience in coming back due to this going on for almost 2 1/2 weeks now due to not being able to do anything in fear of being booted from the game every 30-40 mins. I can stay connected to every other MMO I play for hours on end (FFXIV, and WoW), but FFXI will give me a 4001 on average of every 30-40 mins and it will happen while just standing around in town.

Are you on windows 11? I recently migrated to 11 with a 13 series intel processor and have been having a similar issue, only when alt-tabbed, or frequently alt tabbing. Process lasso (to keep it off e-cores) and setting windows 11 to prioritize background tasks has helped, but not completely eliminated it here. I'm interested if your having a similar issue or not.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-24 12:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually ran into this not too long ago myself and Byrth attempted to file it with a GM only to get it returned as a Network Issue on the Client’s side(?)

Several posts said to disable some or all addons, kept happening.
Turn off Clipper, kept happening.

So I looked at Byrth’s SS’d response and tried full-resetting my modem and it worked. This is purely speculation but it would appear that this new code is somehow being caused by your modem ram being near-full???

Shouldn’t normally be possible to even encounter this but this game was originally designed for Dialup so who knows.

Whether by complete luck or happenstance, unplugging modem for 30 seconds freed me of this issue. So I guess just ram dump every month or two until the actual solution is found? /shrugs
By DaneBlood 2023-07-24 13:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a simlir issues about a month ago it was Telmore (ISP for SQENIX) that had issues

try this in ccommand line
netstat /b
look for the values for foreing address above wher it says pol.exe like this
Code
  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
  TCP    10.0.0.32:20721        202.67.54.119:51247    ESTABLISHED
 [pol.exe]
  TCP    10.0.0.32:27367        202.67.54.124:51242    ESTABLISHED
 [pol.exe]
  TCP    10.0.0.32:40048        202.67.54.125:51245    ESTABLISHED
 [pol.exe]

now you have the ip addresse pol.exe is connection to try doing some "ping -t xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" test and see if the connection is stable

or a "tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

This wont help fix anything but it might give you some indication if its a more general connection issue

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-24 13:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I can make it happen on any pc with aggressive takoing or all 4 of my pcs by maxing out the gpu so the game lags

Run a 4k movie or squad stream twitch and 4 XI in the background, the last XI will 4006 without fail

Can't explain it any better than that, the goal was to stop it from happening not find out why it happens.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-24 14:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can make it happen on any pc with aggressive takoing or all 4 of my pcs by maxing out the gpu so the game lags

Run a 4k movie or squad stream twitch and 4 XI in the background, the last XI will 4001 without fail

Can't explain it any better than that, the goal was to stop it from happening not find out why it happens.

What counts as “Aggressive”? I’m pushing 150% literally everywhere on 5-box with HD Mods featured on Logic’s channel; 20% in town. 150% is already crazy I feel like much more would break the game in other ways lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-24 15:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Warping around (a lot!) when I was testing it, not running around with speed on
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-24 17:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh gotcha. I still use the old Clipper; no warping feature. So can’t comment on that one. Did a full modem reset work for anyone else or just me?
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-07-24 17:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Ahhh gotcha. I still use the old Clipper; no warping feature. So can’t comment on that one. Did a full modem reset work for anyone else or just me?

A full modem reset did not resolve the issue for me. It only seems to happen when I frequently alt tab, typically between notepad++ and ffxi when editing a gs, etc. Never saw the issue on windows 10, only when I moved to 11 recently. Tempted to try windows compatibility mode? /shrug no clue. (As mentioned above, process lasso and background prioritization didn't help)
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-24 17:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Geting back to the topic after most of ppl here think this is a braggin topic for theyr cheats...(Edit; not most of ppl here. I guess most of the posts here, are more correct, lol)

As OP explained it, it is so like the problem i have. But i'll do a test tomorrow and run FFXI w/o VPN to see what error code i'm getting.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-24 17:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***. Wait. 4006 is the FPS error. Why didn't anyone correct that.

My bad!

4001 IS your router/modem/isp

That's just bad intarwebz gettin to you. Sometimes isp or the route to ffxi servers is just *** for certain services/areas. It passes.
 Asura.Anybody
user: Sisqo
By Asura.Anybody 2023-07-24 22:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had the same issue since returning to the game. FFXI Port forwarding fixed it for me. Try googling it. It should do the trick. Best luck!
[+]
 Asura.Naer
By Asura.Naer 2023-07-25 04:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
What specs is your pc and/or how many characters.

I found this to be an fps issue. Yet to see a better answer. If you aren't getting the consistent 30fps it'll 4001

If you have something else running and xi is in the background having it's resources limited that'll 4001 it

Per this suggestion... OP what kind of card do you have? What are the round about specs on your device? Laptop or desktop?

Pc should not be an issue I just recently built a new pc

but I'm running a

Ryzen 9 7900x
w/ an Asus TUF Gaming Mobo
w/ 128g RAM
w/ 3080 TI CPU
 Asura.Naer
By Asura.Naer 2023-07-25 04:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Anybody said: »
I have had the same issue since returning to the game. FFXI Port forwarding fixed it for me. Try googling it. It should do the trick. Best luck!

I will double-check my ports tomorrow when I get in and see if I have the right ones open I could have put them in wrong.
 Asura.Seizan
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-25 08:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Naer said: »
128g RAM

That is Um... a lot of ram, lol

Waiting for my DC, should be within an hour or so, then i can check my error code;)
 Asura.Seizan
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-25 10:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay i Disconnected now, my error code wasnt 4001, but 4002...
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-07-25 11:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised there's not a bg page with the error codes listed

What is 4002 vs 4001
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-25 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

4001 is something you can't fix. ISP, server, general failure.

4002 should be router/modem/pc reset

Bad wifi could do both. It's kinda generic.

4006 is like... data mismatch. Game says you should be here and you're there too many times

2501 is kicked out, nonpayment/suspended

3001 i kinda forgot
 Asura.Seizan
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-25 15:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

4002 should be router/modem/pc reset
Think u can add internet provider here too.

My 4002 kicks me out every 8 hours(used to be 6 hours)loged into game, so if i log in my alt 5 min after my main, then my alt will disconnect 5min after my main character.
I live in Eurrope, if i set VPN to another contry in EU or to UK, same issue, but if i set VPN to US i will not disconnect at all.

So after no help from crappy internet provider i just tunnel to US 100% of time, and all is good :p
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-07-25 18:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not just tunnel to Japan? Pretty sure there's no servers in the us
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-07-25 18:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you still using the EU version of PoL, or did you switch to the US one?

When I use the EU PoL from the US, it does the same "disconnect after exactly X hours" behavior. I wonder if the opposite is also true (NA client from EU).
[+]
First Page 2