Asura.Seizan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-26 04:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Why not just tunnel to Japan? Pretty sure there's no servers in the us

Will be higher ping, and lower UP/Down through Japan.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Are you still using the EU version of PoL, or did you switch to the US one?

Still using EU version yes.

Hmm after going through every thing in the PoL Viewer, i just remebered i had kinda same issue looong time ago but for a very shorter period of time, more like what OP is experiencing. There i did "Enable" on the "Network Check" in the "Network Setting".
Gonna enable it and see how that goes...:)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-07-26 05:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is incredibly sensitive to ISPs screwing around with carrier grade NAT or changing your egress IP. If something like that happens FFXI won't attempt to renegotiate a new connection for your session and instead you need to go back to character selection or even login again.

Best way to get around the ISP is to tunnel to US or Japan, then it's the VPN software that renegotiates whenever the ISP does dumb stuff and nothing changes from FFXIs point of view.

I know this because I used to play from South Korea and KT would mess with my internet randomly. VPN to Japan solved the whole problem.
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-27 06:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Seizan said: »
Hmm after going through every thing in the PoL Viewer, i just remebered i had kinda same issue looong time ago but for a very shorter period of time, more like what OP is experiencing. There i did "Enable" on the "Network Check" in the "Network Setting".

Okay lol this did it for me, no longer connection lost /yay!

So~ @Naer if u havnt tried this, i suggest u give it a shot;)

[+]
 Asura.Naer
user: Naer
By Asura.Naer 2023-07-27 19:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Are you still using the EU version of PoL, or did you switch to the US one?

When I use the EU PoL from the US, it does the same "disconnect after exactly X hours" behavior. I wonder if the opposite is also true (NA client from EU).

No, I use the NA version as I'm an NA player.

I'm just gonna have to try a VPN because I've opened up all the router ports and still d/c'ing every 30-45 mins or just stop playing the game. I pay for 4 accounts and only being able to stay connected for 45 minutes is an utter waste of time and money tbh. I have no issues connecting or staying connected to anything else in my catalog that is an MMO for hours on end.
 Asura.Naer
By Asura.Naer 2023-07-27 19:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay lol this did it for me, no longer connection lost /yay!

So~ @Naer if u havnt tried this, i suggest u give it a shot;)

I will try this now tbh and give it a try over the next 2 hours or so. I'll let you know how it works out. Thank you so much for the suggestion.
 Asura.Naer
By Asura.Naer 2023-07-27 21:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried the Connection Check to enable and have thus been connected for almost 2 hours and 15 minutes. We may have found a solution. \o/
[+]
 Asura.Naer
By Asura.Naer 2023-07-28 02:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Still going strong just by changing the Connection Check seems to have fixed my problem it seems. . . . Thank you so much for this @Seizan
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
By Asura.Seizan 2023-07-28 05:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Naer said: »
Still going strong just by changing the Connection Check seems to have fixed my problem it seems. . . . Thank you so much for this @Seizan

All Right! /cheers^^
[+]