Kraken club X
First Page 2
 Asura.Karppa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-06-23 09:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lost count but.. no club still.. *** that I still keep on trying..
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-06-23 10:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Same. I haven't tried it on PUP but do you need the WHM? Or is it just insurance to have one?

I typically go on BST and it's really safe if you time reward/1-2 dawn mulsums correctly. Same for Rampage+Snarl.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-06-23 10:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just insurance..dont wanna waiste seals in case wipe Xd
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-06-23 11:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

make an alliance out of your two characters when you farm beastmen seals and PUP can solo this afk
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-23 11:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I like going on DRG/BLU to solo it. Pretty safe (never died), fast, fun. Not as boring as PUP solo, not as tedious as mage kiting.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-06-23 12:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
I like going on DRG/BLU to solo it. Pretty safe (never died), fast, fun. Not as boring as PUP solo, not as tedious as mage kiting.

True, yes. I found mage kiting to be tedious.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
make an alliance out of your two characters when you farm beastmen seals and PUP can solo this afk

Is there an another benefit besides twice as many seals? (I know that when you alliance when doing AMAN Troves, each party can enter the BCNM as a separate entry or "instance").
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-23 12:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I like soloing it on WAR/pld with meds. Retaliation + Sentinel + Judgment FTW!
[+]
By Beau 2023-06-23 14:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

True, yes. I found mage kiting to be tedious.

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Is there an another benefit besides twice as many seals? (I know that when you alliance when doing AMAN Troves, each party can enter the BCNM as a separate entry or "instance").

I believe each party in an alliance has their own seal-specific timer/loot pool. i.e. party 1 has a seal drop, 5min timer started, 2nd party seal drops after 1 min and their own timer starts, etc. During the current campaign:
"The rate at which seals and crests are dropped will be increased for the duration of the campaign based on the number of members in the party, up to a maximum of six seals."

So during this campaign, unless you have more than 6 party members, the only benefit to my above explanation is when this campaign is not in effect.

Edit: via ffxiclopedia, "Beastmen's seals and Kindred's seals drop at a rate of one per party every 5 minutes. An alliance composed of two or three parties may see additional seals drop depending on which party of the alliance gets the killshot."
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-23 14:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not done level synced content in a long time. How important is lvl 60 gear vs level synced gear?
By Beau 2023-06-23 14:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I have not done level synced content in a long time. How important is lvl 60 gear vs level synced gear?
In my experience it won't make or break you but certain pieces like the Buffoon's collar for PUP's overload rate certainly help which wouldn't necessarily work under a level sync. What really helps is multiboxing it for faster fights if you have the capability.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-06-23 14:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Buffoons works 100% since the level to equip is lower than level 60.

Pup just needs attachments and any animator. A few oil just in case and you can solo it naked in other slots
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-23 15:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Until I got my Klub, I used to do it in full Mpaca's with Karambits, start with 2 fire maneuvers and 1 thunder, after first WS, swap to light for the regens until comfortable, then ride light/fire/thunder. About 4 minute fights. Faster if you care to engage with your puppet.
[+]
By zithro 2023-06-23 15:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your strategy for drg/blu? Never heard that one.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-23 16:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

zithro said: »

I assume it's more or less something like:

Instant Protect/Shell/Stoneskin
Cocoon
Atk/Def food like Rabbit Pie or Hydra Kofte
Jump/HJ at start, Penta Thrust when you can
Trigger Healing Breath when HP critical
Repeat till it dies?
I don't actually know, though I am curious too!
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2023-06-23 16:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

I assume it's more or less something like:

Instant Protect/Shell/Stoneskin
Cocoon
Atk/Def food like Rabbit Pie or Hydra Kofte
Jump/HJ at start, Penta Thrust when you can
Trigger Healing Breath when HP critical
Repeat till it dies?
I don't actually know, though I am curious too!

I do the fight on my alt like this, but w/ def food usually.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-23 16:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty simple.

Keep Cocoon up. Penta Thrust whenever you get TP. Whenever you're below 50% HP, use blue magic (preferring Head Butt) so your wyvern heals you. That's basically it. If you're ever in trouble you can Super Jump / High Jump hate on to your wyvern, and Spirit Link if it gets low.

It's ideal to have the base AF helm (upgraded versions won't maintain the enhanced breath when scaling down). Can use whatever cheap food, and I'd have a juice or vile elixir on you on the off-chance you run low on MP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2023-06-23 16:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's hil
kuroki said: »
pup definitely has the clear advantage since it can use level 99 tier attachments that the fight wasn't designed for, if you're going to spend all your seals on this its worth considering. really boring though.

I just can't seem to bring myself to get good at PUP. I basically built a pet tank set, kenkonken and just spam Fire/Earth/Light and that's it. I'm a very one dimensional PUP, sadly.

BST's jug pet is down-scaled to 50, and food like akamochi is also scale as is: +10% Acc/Attack, etc. It's little more engaging.
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-06-23 21:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my, thanks to this thread I took my basically naked PUP into this fight. I can't believe I used to do this on BLM.
[+]
 Bahamut.Certainly
Server: Bahamut
user: Lutia
By Bahamut.Certainly 2023-06-24 01:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

After 18.000 runs and selling all Oxblood to NPC you can just buy one. Problem?
[+]
By kishr 2023-06-24 01:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Frame:
Valoredge x-900 Head
Valoredge x-900 Frame

Attackments:
Auto-Repair Kit III
Turbo Charger
Turbo Charger II
Optic Fiber
Coiler
Stabilizer
Armor Plate II
Armor Plate III
Heatsink
Tension Spring II
Tension Spring III
Steam Jacket

pup can do it so simply,
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-06-24 03:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Certainly said: »
After 18.000 runs and selling all Oxblood to NPC you can just buy one. Problem?

Indeed :D
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-06-24 07:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
Lost count but.. no club still.. *** that I still keep on trying..
YouTube Video Placeholder
Same. I haven't tried it on PUP but do you need the WHM? Or is it just insurance to have one?

I typically go on BST and it's really safe if you time reward/1-2 dawn mulsums correctly. Same for Rampage+Snarl.
Pup not lvled real man uses impossible to gauge monk XD
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-09-16 00:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's hil
kuroki said: »
pup definitely has the clear advantage since it can use level 99 tier attachments that the fight wasn't designed for, if you're going to spend all your seals on this its worth considering. really boring though.

I just can't seem to bring myself to get good at PUP. I basically built a pet tank set, kenkonken and just spam Fire/Earth/Light and that's it. I'm a very one dimensional PUP, sadly.

BST's jug pet is down-scaled to 50, and food like akamochi is also scale as is: +10% Acc/Attack, etc. It's little more engaging.

BST is superior to PUP for up in arms outside of overdrive. Coldblood como can 3 step sc it off the bat down to 30ish %, rampage > braincrush finish after 1 ready move recharge
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-16 03:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is committed to get kraken club, I would simply do (I actually did it) level all same account chars a PUP lv60.

Each char by default will get like 2 tries a month with login points.

Log one, overdrive, log two overdrive, etc. I dont know why I would "save" overdrive, as changing many char would give enough time for the first one to recover 1h.

Yeah, I wouldnt consider anything outside of overdriving unless you want some "challenge" or have some masochist wish. You gonna need to farm at least 500 fights on it. Just make it fast and as little effort as possible.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dajjal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2023-09-16 08:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Frame:
Valoredge x-900 Head
Valoredge x-900 Frame

Attackments:
Auto-Repair Kit III
Turbo Charger
Turbo Charger II
Optic Fiber
Coiler
Stabilizer
Armor Plate II
Armor Plate III
Heatsink
Tension Spring II
Tension Spring III
Steam Jacket

What maneuvers are you using? I found I got much faster fights with the following

Valoredge frame/head
Optic Fiber 1+2
Armor Plate 1+4
flame holder
attuner
magniplug 1+2
coiler 2
galvanizer
Turbo charger 1+2

Maneuvers are wind/thunder/fire, +2 oils are necessary but this is the fastest build I've seen for PUP so far (without OD).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-16 08:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of the other set is to not have to keep putting up fire over and over and not bother to use oils. Not about fast per say.

Fire/Wind/Light

With your set your auto must have barely 50% acc the galvanizer shouldn't do much of anything. Probably better served with a higher stabilizer. Never tried but mine has ~75% with stabilizer 5

Inkjet is potent. -80 acc
By Pantafernando 2023-09-16 10:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt know you were into performance.

Im my mind, i always pictured you as the guy who runs galkas in south gustamberg farming spark
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-09-16 12:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just beg Umatea for one since he sells 5-10 Kraken Clubs a month every month for years
[+]
First Page 2