What Was The Summoner Nerf?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » What was the summoner nerf?
What was the summoner nerf?
By Trillium 2023-01-04 12:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is a fun job and nirvana is a fine piece for certain things... if I could only make one mythic? Probably not, but it is unique and isn't just lockstyle. SMN is a bit of a niche job for anything new anyway. It is actually better than people think if done well, but people know how to run with bard geo and cor buffs, smn takes more explaining and it is more small marginal buffs that add up I. A surprising way. Similar to how you could take a sch or whm or rdm in in place of each other sometimes... heck we used pup healer on ep before on gear cleaving.

I will say that depending on your situation, you may either want to finish or just restart something you will use. Your first mythic is the hardest by far. Once you get a process and habit down, and most of all funds to take your weapon through, the assaults become easier and easier as you learn tricks. Eventually you probably level Blu if you do enough mythic fsrming as it helps a metric tonne. Blu, cor, and maybe smn are what I use for my farming. Smn 9nly for the operation omega or whatever it is called with the perdition ghosts. Can get by without though. Would also use it for the fishing one, if i didn't multi box so I could keep fishing while avatar kills the fish. Best of luck!
 Odin.Danial
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Danial 2023-01-04 17:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Reading this makes me not wanna bother finishing my Nirvana ; ; I did the alexander/odin/w/e part, I just have to do the rest and tbh, with how little I play it...I think I'd rather not bother atm! It truly does have little use. ; ;

Such a shame, not to go on a rant or anything, but SMN was my first job and it was so much fun back then, a shame what it's become :(

Ya, my bad, I was feeling pretty salty after seeing they added SMN nerf to the moogle Ambu which was already pretty annoying to burn. SMN does have some fun aspects, but its damage is not one of them. You can do 20-40k BPs in Oddy C with food and rolls. Seems pretty leet until you watch a war Spam 70k WSs every 2-3 seconds while you wait another 20s to do a quarter of the mobs HP.
By Tarage 2023-01-04 17:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What a lot of folks fail to understand about Summoner is that it is still a great soloing job for a lot of the current content. Most jobs, such as BLU, have content they can solo and content where they hit like a wet paper towel. SMN can work on just about everything fine on their own. There are only a handful of situations where I go "Yep, I can't do anything in this specific content on my own".

That, to me, is SMN's greatest benefit: I don't have to rely on anyone else on servers that are increasingly empty or with people who already have statics from 10 years ago and refuse to rotate people.
 Asura.Rumblepakk
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Rumblepakk 2023-01-17 10:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK whenever I notice my BP damage is starting to get resisted and the numbers are going down I just release and resummon and damage gets back to normal again... lol