Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alseyn said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Now we are missing the following earring aug stats:

BST +1

RNG +2
SMN +2
COR +2

Please continue to post any other +2 so we can find ranges of slot 2.

https://twitter.com/imoco_ff11/status/1563529733295378432

COR+2 w/ 9 STR/AGI.

https://twitter.com/strikeret/status/1563676993056808961

BST+1 w/ 5% pet double attack.
Updated BG pages, ty
By SimonSes 2022-08-29 08:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Where are the +2 coming from?

All the Nms and Bosses have a chance to drop +1 case if they spawn a chest. Which can rarely contain a +2 earring.

Blue Chest can give you old case +1 too. In fact my only +1 came from blue in B. Could be very low chance tho.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-08-30 22:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK+2
STR/INT +9
Acc/Macc-17
WSD-4%
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-30 23:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-08-31 02:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

if they make a new geo tier, that earring will be great
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-08-31 04:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
if they make a new geo tier, that earring will be great
I've been musing on this for a few days in discord among LS mates myself- considering that a ML 20 GEO alone (and likely lower, I just didn't check) can hit 900 skill naked, whether a future tier of Geomancy is imminent. A lot of the +3 JSE gear of all forms has +handbell/geomancy skill on it, it seems redundant at best, and worthless at worst.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-31 09:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Worthless is more apt. The geo earring is pretty much a dud even in +2. The Corsair earring is pretty terrible too. Recycle is pretty useless to me when I can just unpack unlimited ammo if I start running low, and cor has no way to abuse recycle via JSE, unlike rangers with their relic hat. The enmity is terrible too because corsair is not a high enmity job. Whenever you do shooting strategies it’s the ranger who pulls hate, not the cor. Even if the rng uses coronach on arrebati the cor still shouldn’t be able to pull hate if the tank is good. They don’t have hover shot and their damage spikes are much lower. I’d much rather have store tp in that slot when I’m shooting on cor than enmity down.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Worthless is more apt. The geo earring is pretty much a dud even in +2. The Corsair earring is pretty terrible too. Recycle is pretty useless to me when I can just unpack unlimited ammo if I start running low, and cor has no way to abuse recycle via JSE, unlike rangers with their relic hat. The enmity is terrible too because corsair is not a high enmity job. Whenever you do shooting strategies it’s the ranger who pulls hate, not the cor. Even if the ring uses coronach on arrebati the cor still shouldn’t be able to pull hate if the tank is good. They don’t have hover shot and their damage spikes are much lower.

The cor earring in particular is a travesty of design. base stats clearly focused on ranged attack, augments don't give ranged acc, and crit rate is completely useless outside of a ranged crit AM3 build since cor doesn't use any crit based weaponskills. It's just all over the place.

The GEO earring in particular is at least decent for one specific thing and that is nuking, if you manage to get a max aug it's better than Regal/Malignance for nuking
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-31 09:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean they aren’t terrible at the +2, but the odds of getting a specific +2 is so low right now. My issue with them is that some earrings are very focused and have a clear purpose. Corsairs ear is all over the map. I’m not sure what it’s meant for. Like you said, it just looks like a pile of random stats thrown together. Compare it to say, the warrior or thief or dark knight or even Sam earring. I’d use them at base or +1. I don’t even like cor that much at +2. That says a lot.

Edit: Yes, the +2 geo ear is best in slot for nuking. It’s the same as the blm ear. Both are very very bad in +1, but the third aug slot unlock makes the +2 suddenly awesome. They’re all or nothing. You either go +2 on them or they’re bad. That’s kind of annoying when so many ears are just strong at +1.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 09:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean they aren’t terrible at the +2, but the odds of getting a specific +2 is so low right now. My issue with them is that some earrings are very focused and have a clear purpose. Corsairs ear is all over the map. I’m not sure what it’s meant for. Like you said, it just looks like a pile of random stats thrown together. Compare it to say, the warrior or thief or dark knight or even Sam earring. I’d use them at base or +1. I don’t even like cor that much at +2. That says a lot.

I consider myself very fortunate. I've gotten 1 +2 so far, and it was actually on a job that I love. RDM baby..

There are a number of jobs that I play that it honestly won't ever matter to me if I get them or not. I'm actually going to be bummed if I get a cor +2 vs almost any other job that I play.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 09:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few that are really good even at NQ.

PLD, THF, SAM, RDM, RUN
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-31 09:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call the GEO ear a dud. it's the DT that really makes it shine. With a cap'd +2 augment, can probably get away with pet regen in all the main slots & back.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-08-31 14:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The enmity is terrible too because corsair is not a high enmity job. Whenever you do shooting strategies it’s the ranger who pulls hate, not the cor. Even if the rng uses coronach on arrebati the cor still shouldn’t be able to pull hate if the tank is good. They don’t have hover shot and their damage spikes are much lower. I’d much rather have store tp in that slot when I’m shooting on cor than enmity down.

I find just the opposite these days. I almost never pull hate on RNG, but on COR with tripleshot up it happens so easy- Ikenga was a huge help in finally getting some -enmity, but during TS that's not what I'm wearing for sure (outside of one slot). I don't think the COR earring is a gamebreaker- it would be if that regular accuracy was ranged acc, then it would be a perfect AM3 earring for Armageddon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 15:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
The enmity is terrible too because corsair is not a high enmity job. Whenever you do shooting strategies it’s the ranger who pulls hate, not the cor. Even if the rng uses coronach on arrebati the cor still shouldn’t be able to pull hate if the tank is good. They don’t have hover shot and their damage spikes are much lower. I’d much rather have store tp in that slot when I’m shooting on cor than enmity down.

I find just the opposite these days. I almost never pull hate on RNG, but on COR with tripleshot up it happens so easy- Ikenga was a huge help in finally getting some -enmity, but during TS that's not what I'm wearing for sure (outside of one slot). I don't think the COR earring is a gamebreaker- it would be if that regular accuracy was ranged acc, then it would be a perfect AM3 earring for Armageddon.

I appreciate all the -enmity I can get on cor, the only real issue is that the earring just doesn't have any focus, it's like they had 3 different people design the stats on it, and they didn't collaborate at all.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-31 15:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly as it sounds, only so much you can give COR, and I swear they forgot QD was a thing, since I can't remember the last time I saw anything related to that, think last time it was just recycle for cards, so you got roll related stuff and uh... ranged stuff? Can't give them PDL because it's a support job this time and then itd just be a c+p of rng earring.

...Does recycle work on cards?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-31 16:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They made that one dagger that sometimes doesn't burn cards lol

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/19135/acinaces
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-08-31 16:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Silly as it sounds, only so much you can give COR, and I swear they forgot QD was a thing, since I can't remember the last time I saw anything related to that, think last time it was just recycle for cards, so you got roll related stuff and uh... ranged stuff? Can't give them PDL because it's a support job this time and then itd just be a c+p of rng earring.

...Does recycle work on cards?
There's a lot of recycling happening when you really dig into the gear from this update...and not just for the pewpew jobs. Pretty much all the mage feet are the same stat vomit with +5 added to the "job-unique" aspect. Not that I'm complaining- Empyrean gear needed a step-up in acc/macc to make them match other options. But the augments on the earrings....gheesh take a moment, SE, and think. I would have preferred melee accuracy on the BLM earring to the COR one if you're going to give me +crit and +recycle. What would have been so hard to make the RNG/COR earrings racc/macc instead of acc/macc?
By Nariont 2022-08-31 16:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have preferred melee accuracy on the BLM earring to the COR one if you're going to give me +crit and +recycle. What would have been so hard to make the RNG/COR earrings racc/macc instead of acc/macc?

Was said already but shoulda just been a flat acc/racc/macc for all of them, as is you got your mages left out of the acc+20 so they only get "half" the deal, same for ranged that dont get the racc, but the ranged jobs can still make good use of the regular melee acc fine.

baseline none of them are bad, PDL ones are clear winners when applicable, few offer some great stuff, DW jobs got a strong TP earring since bulk of those are something like stp+7~, but they're quite bland in terms of being job specific
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-31 16:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Mildly related musing.

I wonder if they thought about MDL and making magic break 99k with it. It's only logical since they specifically made PDL instead of simply damage limit.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-31 16:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
I would have preferred melee accuracy on the BLM earring to the COR one if you're going to give me +crit and +recycle. What would have been so hard to make the RNG/COR earrings racc/macc instead of acc/macc?

Was said already but shoulda just been a flat acc/racc/macc for all of them, as is you got your mages left out of the acc+20 so they only get "half" the deal, same for ranged that dont get the racc, but the ranged jobs can still make good use of the regular melee acc fine.

baseline none of them are bad, PDL ones are clear winners when applicable, few offer some great stuff, DW jobs got a strong TP earring since bulk of those are something like stp+7~, but they're quite bland in terms of being job specific

THF with TA +5% Subtle Blow + ~7 STP uses hide...
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-08-31 16:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Mildly related musing.

I wonder if they thought about MDL and making magic break 99k with it. It's only logical since they specifically made PDL instead of simply damage limit.
They had a chance to do just that with the "Magic Critical Hit II" stat, and nada. Its just freaking mind boggling how little they know about their own product.
By Nariont 2022-08-31 16:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

All jobs adjustments will address all of this im sure

Whenever that is
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2022-08-31 19:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps STR DEX on Amini+2 to perfect that Jishnu's Radiance!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2022-08-31 20:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet DA goes up to 10.

NPCs for 5.8k~ gil.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-31 20:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a hell of an earring

Not to say, wow thats amazing, just in general, there's more on an earring than even a body piece not too long ago.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-31 20:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta said: »

Pet DA goes up to 10.

NPCs for 5.8k~ gil.

BSTs seeing that eearring

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-31 20:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Mildly related musing.

The display limit for damage is 131,071 because those parameters are 17 bits (unsigned), I believe: https://github.com/Windower/Lua/blob/7977ca34383584d49800410973f841d95f2f938e/addons/libs/actions.lua#L124

The 99k damage limit was implemented because people started going over 131,071 damage and it was generating weird messages. It wasn't clear at the time that SE actually had problems with people doing >99k damage as much as with the display of those values looking janky. Barrage damage still causes the old issue (overflow), which is why it sometimes reports like 20k damage but kills monsters with >100k HP.

They could have adjusted their weird bit packed action packet structure slightly or capped only the display of damage to 99k, but instead they implemented an actual, per-action, 99k cap. A bit baffling.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-31 20:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
BSTs seeing that eearring

If only pet DA did more, still an amazing ws ear along with general TP, curious if all the ears can go up to 15 or its a jse neck situation where some get 15, some get 25
By Cloudius777 2022-09-04 08:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SO, finally got SMN earring +2 now, unfortunatly it was on my toon that doesnt even have SMN unlocked when it's the only thing i've been hunting for on my MAIN SMN!

Anyway.... 3rd slot is....

my augs were DT-6%, Pet Acc/M.Acc/R.Acc +17, STP+7