Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-21 11:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds more complex than it is. There will absolutely be morons that obsess over lack of best augs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-21 11:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
and the whole loot crate in a loot crate in a loot crate thing is cause for anger, so yeah

The perfect metaphor to illustrate how increasingly impossible SE has made getting desirable traits over the years. You are NEVER going to be finished. Like impossible, especially the more jobs your have (oh you thought having multiple jobs during Odyssey was A GOOD thing? L.M.A.O)

Started with Oseem, but then players gamed the system with mules. So they triple downed on the randomness and threw it in a daily event with even more randomness involved. They know after Empyrean Sortie has nothing desirable, so they made sure to add the "dark matter"roll system to it to keep people hooked. That's cold.

Truly remarkable display of disdain for your players.

Inb4 players ask for an earring trade-redemption system (watch it be 10-1 rate).
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-21 11:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

this is the kind of ***that made me stop playing the last monster hunter update.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-08-21 11:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
and the whole loot crate in a loot crate in a loot crate thing is cause for anger, so yeah

The perfect metaphor to illustrate how increasingly impossible SE has made getting desirable traits over the years. You are NEVER going to be finished. Like impossible, especially the more jobs your have (oh you thought having multiple jobs during Odyssey was A GOOD thing? L.M.A.O)

Started with Oseem, but then players gamed the system with mules. So they triple downed on the randomness and threw it in a daily event with even more randomness involved. They know after Empyrean Sortie has nothing desirable, so they made sure to add the "dark matter"roll system to it to keep people hooked. That's cold.

Inb4 players ask for an earring trade-redemption system (watch it be 10-1 rate).

Yet people keep playing. Stayed subbed. Resubscribe.

Sounds like smart marketing to me.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-21 11:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warmoose said: »
Quote:

Yet people keep playing. Stayed subbed. Resubscribe.

Sounds like smart marketing to me.
Hate to agree but this is wholly accurate.

Stop supporting it, they'll stop doing it. Deeper down the gotcha/mobil/p2w rabbit hole.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-21 11:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

there's basically zero hope in SE ever stopping such systems. The casuals who have committed to playing monthly for social reasons aren't going to lose sleep over non-max augs, and the psychos (myself among them) will keep bashing our heads against the system in hopes of lording that BiS set over the world.

Maybe they lose some temporary subs from the middle ground players, but more likely those people will also just be reasonable with the results, and see that even most of the +1 earrings with average augs will be better than existing options- at least for a set or two here and there. Add to this there just isn't content that's demanding such things to beat..this isn't like the bottleneck of people hoping for a Hagun.

The casuals won't care. The middle ground reasonable endgame player won't care. And the psychos will scream and whine but still pay.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-21 12:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I can already feel the amount of sour butthurtness from this earrings approach.

It's probably the least offensive aug system atleast from what's shown so far, if they made it limited to what job you were on at the time itd be perfect, but itd also be over and done with pretty quick since the range on these is so small
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-21 12:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I said in the second day of Sortie, new meta is earring/ cauliflower farming. “My group just pulled 25k cauliflower “ “oooh what setup did you use???”

Seg farming reimagined.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2022-08-21 12:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just wondering when Emp +3 rolls around if Earring +3s will also be a thing. It seems like it may be since the +2 earrings' base stats ending at Stat+9 (MAB/MDMG/PDL, etc) seems pretty odd, and +3 earrings having an even +10 to the base stats just makes sense to me.

With that theory in mind, it makes me wonder how much more common Old Case +1s will be in addition to Old Case +2s likely coming out, essentially making any initial earring farming in this first iteration of Sortie being somewhat wasteful.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-21 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
I'm just wondering when Emp +3 rolls around if Earring +3s will also be a thing. It seems like it may be since the +2 earrings' base stats ending at Stat+9 (MAB/MDMG/PDL, etc) seems pretty odd, and +3 earrings having an even +10 to the base stats just makes sense to me.

With that theory in mind, it makes me wonder how much more common Old Case +1s will be in addition to Old Case +2s likely coming out, essentially making any initial earring farming in this first iteration of Sortie being somewhat wasteful.

The +3 will instead have JSE belts and those will have random augments as well.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-21 12:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume earrings end at +2, just the way necks did. Different system for getting them, but since the necks were released using Dyna-D materials and the content to upgrade them, it feels parallel.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-21 12:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels bad that old box is 80000 cauliflower. Can’t even buy hq boxes. Earring farming will be here for the next half decade. This game ain’t going nowhere.
By Nariont 2022-08-21 12:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

at best i could see them adding some kinda RNG aug line via some new currency added in whatever expansion these get if that's possible, don't see the ears themselves going up to +3.

Feels bad that old box is 80000 cauliflower. Can’t even buy hq boxes. Earring farming will be here for the next half decade. This game ain’t going nowhere.

Theyll probably add the HQ in later, still overpriced as hell though, so youll be stuck farming but would assume later additions up the chance of +2 ears as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2022-08-21 13:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

if it was job you were on you'd finish up too quickly, 3:1 would be nice but again, gotta milk this for a few months.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-21 13:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It should have been NQ earring on entrance for the job you're on, and months worth of RP in a set augment. Turns into a +1, +2 etc

Not more god damn random

But yes, the stretch, is the reason. Doing it the right way, is not the optimal engagement way.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-21 15:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

Why didn’t Pup get these augs… They would be sooo good for Valoredge.
BST should of gotten PUPs more dd focused augs. Since BST can actually function in a regular pt, offers competitive utility and can use Savage blade.
Pet: Double attack is amazing for PUP but situational for BST who mostly uses slug or a self buff pet who don’t benefit much.

Asura.Sechs said: »
I can already feel the amount of sour butthurtness from this earrings approach.

What randomness? You mean getting +1 or -1 on a stat? That doesn’t seem like a big deal. Getting a correct +2 earring is so rare in the first place.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2022-08-21 16:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
What randomness? You mean getting +1 or -1 on a stat?
No.
RNG chance to get a chest
1/22 RNG chance to get the job you want
RNG chance to be NQ, +1, or +2
RNG chance of augments (this is the only forgiving part as it seems semi-fixed instead of full on RNG like Sinister Reign)
That's 4 layers of RNG.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-21 16:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Why didn’t Pup get these augs… They would be sooo good for Valoredge.

Because its BST and the only thing bst ever need is more pet: DA, or more recently ready: dmg+ I guess
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-08-21 19:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
No.
RNG chance of augments (this is the only forgiving part as it seems semi-fixed instead of full on RNG like Sinister Reign)
That's 4 layers of RNG.

It's also worth noting that the chances are not evenly distributed, so you're much more likely to get a lower-quality chest and then a lower-quality earring from the chest.

The chance to get a specific +2 earring is very, very low even before considering max augments.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-08-21 20:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD +1 Earring
+14 acc/macc
-5 DT
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-21 21:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
No.
That's 4 layers of RNG.

It's also worth noting that the chances are not evenly distributed, so you're much more likely to get a lower-quality chest and then a lower-quality earring from the chest.

The chance to get a specific +2 earring is very, very low even before considering max augments.
That might improve once we start killing C and D bosses more often.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-21 21:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT INCREASE!

From .01% to .02%

A 10% drop, with a 50/40/10 split, with a 1/22, with a 1-99 roll aug
By DaneBlood 2022-08-21 23:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah you are missing the point here. you just need to ML cap all 22 jobs in the game and then its always a usable earring.
its brilliant subscriptions saved for years
- S.E. development

i always hated overly randomness because its make effort seems worthless. it didnt matter you did this 120 times because the RNG didn't give you any thing

With Progressive rewards you know you are going somewhere at least
By smii 2022-08-22 05:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

nq thf 10acc/macc
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-22 06:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN +1 : -3 DT Pet: all accuracies +11

The augs barely matter because of how good the upgrade on the normal side is for getting +1 or +2
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2022-08-22 08:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
No.
That's 4 layers of RNG.

That might improve once we start killing C and D bosses more often.

We just need to cry about it enough and SE will lower the galm price of earrings by 100 and add an NPC that lets you trade 12 +2 perfectly augmented earrings we dont want for a new random NQ one.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It sounds more complex than it is. There will absolutely be morons that obsess over lack of best augs.

I can see the shouts now
"Sheol C Seg Farm Do you need it? yWHM, R15 Multi-wep DD, REMA BRD, dagger 8 COR Can I have it? +2 Perf-Aug JSE Earring wearers only."
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2022-08-22 08:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM +2
str+9 dex+9
acc +17 macc+17
da +6%
[+]