Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-20 09:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kind of funny, it's the traffic paradox.

Everyone wants to avoid that 3 hour queue, so the queue lowers. But at any given moment when someone says the queue is low, it'll flood.

You avoid the line because it's too long and end up shrinking the line by not being part of it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-20 09:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda logical though.

First rush at release, people tries to do it regardless of line because 1) they want to be firsts, 2) they want to grab some common ***and sell as high as they can and 3) people who actually want to do the content. After a while, both 1) and 2) leaves because they already fulfilled their goal.

Once more information is released, enters the 4) average players who waited more information to do a proper run for any minimal acceptable reward for the resources spent.

The day of week surely would affect the line size.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-20 10:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In fairness, right in the now, there's multiple factors.

People afraid of getting stuck in the void.
Hundreds of people CURRENTLY stuck in the void.
EMP+2 largely ain't that great. like 7/110 (yes geriond, talk about how *** amazing something is, as if I'm going to change my mind)
Time of day.
Fear of 3 hour queue.
Don't want to waste a KI when they don't know how to optimally approach it yet.
No gil drops to make bank on idiot tax (yet?) When they get to the Hades variant that clears "wave 1" and opens the path to +3 it could drop KC+1
Bots generally don't beat SOA, so no access
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-08-20 11:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, free campaign. But you can't waste a KI, it's a daily event. Even if you go in and only farm muffins, you are right back at it the next day.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2022-08-20 11:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Man this thread is such a good allegory for American politics.
Two groups of people yelling and shouting about which group is better and which is a pile of dogshit. Pointing fingers and throwing ***at each other like untrained chimps.

Meanwhile the group that engineered the entire scenario sits back and laughs while doing nothing to remedy the actual issues with the various servers.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-20 11:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
You can waste KIs all the time, you don’t have to do it every day. I haven’t even entered it once yet!

Have some willpower. Lol

How are you going to impress the other losers if you aren't world first 6/6+2 though?
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 11:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
You can waste KIs all the time, you don’t have to do it every day. I haven’t even entered it once yet!

Have some willpower. Lol
THIS exactly same here! Don't care if I missed Ody/Omen/Dyna-D KI many times and still not caring lol. They aren't going anywhere, and neither will Sortie. Or any other stupid 20 hour KI lockout put on future events SE throws at us.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
How are you going to impress the other losers if you aren't world first 6/6+2 though?
By not giving a flying *** about FOMO and being first lol that's how. xD Empy+2/3 won't be getting up and vanishing if ya don't do it day/week 1. Not exactly sure what content we will need the Empy+2/3 for in the future anyways. :P
By Pantafernando 2022-08-20 12:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if i were activelly playing I would for sure prefer investing my time working for a current gear instead of using it toward a gear thats currently obsolete.

Except if the newer gear was significantly unaccessible to my current skill/power and the obsolete gear would become a pre-requisite to the newer gear.

Also, undeniable i have a huge inertia that works against the desire of trying the new challenge. But i guess this is more a matter of mindset. Every new content i read the forums saying overcmplicated gimmicks and moves and my head quickly says "thats impossible to you, nevermind". Till I make up my mind and convice myself "*** it, lets do it".
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-20 12:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol - With that logic, why do anything content in the game then? Why make any weapons, do missions, or gear/work on any jobs? It's not going anywhere.

You do what is fun. Doesn't matter if it's Garrison, Ambu or sortie. IMO there shouldn't be any crazy waits in a game, period. Especially one with a monthly sub. Glad you guys can enter in a timely manner now but your attitude is copium grade.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 12:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Lol - With that logic, why do anything content in the game then? Why make any weapons, do missions, or gear/work on any jobs? It's not going anywhere.

You do what is fun. Doesn't matter if it's Garrison, Ambu or sortie. IMO there shouldn't be any crazy waits in a game, period. Especially one with a monthly sub. Glad you guys can enter in a timely manner now but your attitude is copium grade.
Not coping, literally don't give a *** cause I quit XI in 2009 and came back in 2017. So I'm no where near you guys with 20 REMA's and all jobs mastered. Also don't plan to be cause don't have that type of free time with real life. Couple REMA's and jobs mastered is all good though.

That's why I legit don't give 2 *** about doing Sortie week 1 cause I have a ton of other content in XI I'm still working on. Not saying like don't play the game, I'm literally logged in right now doing stuff in XI cause it's the weekend lol. People also have RL work/family stuff to do as well ya know? Not everyone has 200 hours a week to play this game and wait for Sortie queue dude lol.

Why are you assuming just cause people aren't doing Sortie second it's released that they are coping? When I mentioned not caring about using a KI for events every day that they are available, that didn't mean don't do the events. It means don't worry about FOMO and being first to content. That doesn't equal don't do the content at all or ever.
By Afania 2022-08-20 12:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neviskio said: »
Pugs were bad on ragnarok, and are bad on asura, and will be bad on any server, not sure that's even a metric to compare to.

I personally don't have a problem with bad pug. But I do have problems with elitist PUG that's only elitist, because leader doesn't want to take any risk, not because they care about the actual pt efficiency.

For example, shouting for yWHM for segs only because the leader doesn't want to even risk ONE tag with a random whm and give them a more fair evaluation based on actual performance. Or rage dropping one failed VD runs, because people don't want to spare an hour going through the process trial and error and learning the mechanics as a team.

This mentality of "I want my good results quick!!!!!" is the source of "Asura hate" from other server imo. Botting, mercing, elitist PUG or using meta setup is just the by-product of this mentality. It's missing the point to brought up PUG quality when it isn't even about the quality to begin with.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-08-20 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
EMP+2 largely ain't that great. like 7/110 (yes geriond, talk about how *** amazing something is, as if I'm going to change my mind)

Not really such an issue, since even lackluster +2s will be necessary to complete to upgrade them to the +3 version, which given where the +2s are already at will likely be worth having 5/5 for pretty much every job.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-20 12:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference being urgency. (agency)

They're good enough to get you to bother, they're not good enough to get you in RIGHT NOW.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-20 13:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiehna said: »
Not coping, literally don't give a *** cause I quit XI in 2009 and came back in 2017. So I'm no where near you guys with 20 REMA's and all jobs mastered. Also don't plan to be cause don't have that type of free time with real life. Couple REMA's and jobs mastered is all good though.

Noted,

Not everyone has 200 hours a week to play this game and wait for Sortie queue dude lol.

Not even reading the thread. ASURA is having (had, Blessed) this issue. I que in 20 seconds, do 60 mins, and go back to Apex legends.
Why are you assuming just cause people aren't doing Sortie second it's released that they are coping?

OMFG. Your coping because you aren't understanding the *** content. I have returning players getting 1 piece of their empy+2 in a day (3 years off) which is like oddy Rank10-20 lvl depending on the piece. THIS is the content to do for people exactly like you.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-08-20 14:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I personally don't have a problem with bad pug. But I do have problems with elitist PUG that's only elitist, because leader doesn't want to take any risk, not because they care about the actual pt efficiency.

For example, shouting for yWHM for segs only because the leader doesn't want to even risk ONE tag with a random whm and give them a more fair evaluation based on actual performance. Or rage dropping one failed VD runs, because people doesn't want to spare an hour going through the process trial and error and learning the mechanics as a team.

This mentality of "I want my good results quick!!!!!" is the source of "Asura hate" from other server imo. Botting, mercing, elitist PUG or using meta setup is just the by-product of this mentality. It's missing the point to brought up PUG quality when it isn't even about the quality to begin with.

It's always seemed strange to me that people assume PUGing is easier on Asura when all the same logistical problems exist and more bodies don't really have nearly as much impact on them as you'd think, because the issue with pugging is less finding players, or even finding good players, as it is finding the RIGHT players, right now (which is why some sort of auto-group function like Duty Finder - while impossible in FFXI for a variety of reasons - would save this game overnight).

I've been on Asura and I've been on "dead" servers, and while of course it's a little bit easier to put it together on Asura, being the only game in town on the dead server goes much further in mitigating these issues than people give it credit for. People will be far more willing to accept that doing a thing in suboptimal conditions is far, far better than not doing it at all. You just have to be willing to be the person doing the shouting.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-08-20 14:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
People will be far more willing to accept that doing a thing in suboptimal conditions is far, far better than not doing it at all. You just have to be willing to be the person doing the shouting.

This is so true.. Coming from a smaller server makes you learn how to scrap by with minimums, suboptimal jobs and undermanned staff. Really think outside of the box lol. Sorta like getting into a Soloist's mindset but you have 3 or 4 other people with you lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-20 14:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Now i feel the hate coming.
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2022-08-20 15:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

By cuddlyhamster 2022-08-20 16:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this thread was to hate on Asurans. Not for Asurans to defend their server
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 16:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFG. Your coping because you aren't understanding the *** content. I have returning players getting 1 piece of their empy+2 in a day (3 years off) which is like oddy Rank10-20 lvl depending on the piece. THIS is the content to do for people exactly like you.
Ok bud I have read this entire thread and skimmed over the sortie launch thread. And I know you're the main one ***posting about Asura more than anyone on here. I'm not here to feed into the ***posting garbage. I don't care about your opinion either as we obviously have different real life situations. I was making a very obvious joke reply to what Eiryl said and not doing content the second it comes out cause of FOMO and being first etc.

Then you started ***talking me and others on Asura for no reason saying we are coping just cause we didn't do Sortie the second it launched. I wasn't even trying to talk to you, I only made a reply cause you were ***talking me and others on Asura. I think you're the one not reading the thread cause if you did, you would of seen I made a post on page 2 saying I was on Cerberus server from 2004 till 2018. Like Lunafreya said, I have NO loyalty to Asura. I left Cerberus after it being a dead *** server when I came back cause I wanted to actually have people to enjoy the game with.

I only moved to Asura cause it was the highest population server, if say Bahamut or Odin was highest pop I would of went there instead. Like many people on here have said, we want to have other players to do content with and an AH with stuff actually in stock regularly. Which it wasn't when I came back to Cerberus. Also I'm guessing you took offense to my comment about the 20 REMA's and all jobs mastered, but I didn't say that to be rude or offensive, I was being serious. I have a fiancee/kids/pets and a career. Not to mention her and I play other video games, watch anime etc. Her and I both don't have a ton of spare time to play XI, so I would never be able to get so many REMA or grind out that many jobs with my life situation.

If you do that's great, not everyone has the free time or wants to do that. Even if I had the spare time, I don't really enjoy all the jobs in this game, so I still wouldn't either way. I enjoy a handful of the jobs in XI, at most half of them and that's about it. Not saying any jobs are bad, this is just my personal preferences. Also if you bothered to look to the left side of the screen, you'd notice I'm ON Asura server! I KNOW the Asura queue is bad cause I was there on day 1 when it launched to see the crowd and the new Sortie entrance etc. I just didn't have time to sit in a multi hour queue cause of real life.

That's why I noped out for the time being till the queue cleared up. I NEVER said I wasn't planning on doing Sortie, I just don't have time to wait hours for a queue on Asura cause of RL. I'm not gonna switch servers just cause the first week the Asura queue was bad. I also never said the other servers queue was bad, you misunderstood what I wrote. When I said the queue was bad, I was referring to Asura's queue because it's the server I'm on. Just cause you guys have a fast queue doesn't change my situation. And again I'm not gonna switch servers just for that.

Especially cause both my fiancee's character is also on Asura and I have other in game friends I've made while I've been here since 2018. Like other's have mentioned on this thread, friendship (and family) is more important than queue lines. Also, I read all the guides on here and bgwiki for all the major content events in XI. Along with the guides for any jobs I play. So I plenty understand the game's content. I've been playing this since 2004 like many on here, I know the game plenty well.

Maybe not every aspect of it, and there's nothing wrong with that. This game is massive and there's a lot to understand about it. but I know Sortie is good for returning players with Empy+2. Again, I NEVER SAID I wasn't going to do Sortie. Are the forum police gonna come arrest us if we don't do Sortie first week or something? lol Seriously we are allowed to do other content as well, it's a video game you don't have to do the newest content all the time. I enjoy much of this game's older content, even the storyline. So please drop the BS already, I will do Sortie when I get to it, it's not an emergency and I'm not gonna die if I don't do it right now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lanun
By Asura.Lanun 2022-08-20 17:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No one cares as much as you think they do.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-08-20 18:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

cuddlyhamster said: »
I thought this thread was to hate on Asurans. Not for Asurans to defend their server

They had all that extra time to defend their server while waiting on the Sortie queue. Others dumped memes and got busy but I'd expect the thread to fade away if they did in fact remedy the wait times.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-20 19:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped caring like that a long time ago... I am the old man saying get off my mog house lawn. This content will be here for years... the next time they add new content wont be for ages I'm sure. No rush at all, I'm still needing omen cards... no point being realm first to show off in town.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-20 19:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok bud I have read this entire thread and skimmed over the sortie launch thread. And I know you're the main one ***posting about Asura more than anyone on here. I'm not here to feed into the ***posting garbage. I don't care about your opinion either as we obviously have different real life situations. I was making a very obvious joke reply to what Eiryl said and not doing content the second it comes out cause of FOMO and being first etc.

Then you started ***talking me and others on Asura for no reason saying we are coping just cause we didn't do Sortie the second it launched. I wasn't even trying to talk to you, I only made a reply cause you were ***talking me and others on Asura. I think you're the one not reading the thread cause if you did, you would of seen I made a post on page 2 saying I was on Cerberus server from 2004 till 2018. Like Lunafreya said, I have NO loyalty to Asura. I left Cerberus after it being a dead *** server when I came back cause I wanted to actually have people to enjoy the game with.

I only moved to Asura cause it was the highest population server, if say Bahamut or Odin was highest pop I would of went there instead. Like many people on here have said, we want to have other players to do content with and an AH with stuff actually in stock regularly. Which it wasn't when I came back to Cerberus. Also I'm guessing you took offense to my comment about the 20 REMA's and all jobs mastered, but I didn't say that to be rude or offensive, I was being serious. I have a fiancee/kids/pets and a career. Not to mention her and I play other video games, watch anime etc. Her and I both don't have a ton of spare time to play XI, so I would never be able to get so many REMA or grind out that many jobs with my life situation.

If you do that's great, not everyone has the free time or wants to do that. Even if I had the spare time, I don't really enjoy all the jobs in this game, so I still wouldn't either way. I enjoy a handful of the jobs in XI, at most half of them and that's about it. Not saying any jobs are bad, this is just my personal preferences. Also if you bothered to look to the left side of the screen, you'd notice I'm ON Asura server! I KNOW the Asura queue is bad cause I was there on day 1 when it launched to see the crowd and the new Sortie entrance etc. I just didn't have time to sit in a multi hour queue cause of real life.

That's why I noped out for the time being till the queue cleared up. I NEVER said I wasn't planning on doing Sortie, I just don't have time to wait hours for a queue on Asura cause of RL. I'm not gonna switch servers just cause the first week the Asura queue was bad. I also never said the other servers queue was bad, you misunderstood what I wrote. When I said the queue was bad, I was referring to Asura's queue because it's the server I'm on. Just cause you guys have a fast queue doesn't change my situation. And again I'm not gonna switch servers just for that.

Especially cause both my fiancee's character is also on Asura and I have other in game friends I've made while I've been here since 2018. Like other's have mentioned on this thread, friendship (and family) is more important than queue lines. Also, I read all the guides on here and bgwiki for all the major content events in XI. Along with the guides for any jobs I play. So I plenty understand the game's content. I've been playing this since 2004 like many on here, I know the game plenty well.

Maybe not every aspect of it, and there's nothing wrong with that. This game is massive and there's a lot to understand about it. but I know Sortie is good for returning players with Empy+2. Again, I NEVER SAID I wasn't going to do Sortie. Are the forum police gonna come arrest us if we don't do Sortie first week or something? lol Seriously we are allowed to do other content as well, it's a video game you don't have to do the newest content all the time. I enjoy much of this game's older content, even the storyline. So please drop the BS already, I will do Sortie when I get to it, it's not an emergency and I'm not gonna die if I don't do it

[+]
 Bismarck.Yvan
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2022-08-20 20:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yikes!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury