Asura Hate
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-19 13:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The AH is the primary point.

The mercs are where the people are, the people are where the sales are, the sales are where the craft bots are, the craft bots are where the materials are, the materials are where the people are.

Break that system, put the mats everywhere, the people spread out, the mercs follow, the people spread more, things balance out. (eventually)

And then square loses $100k per year on server jumps.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-19 13:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The AH is the primary point.

The mercs are where the people are, the people are where the sales are, the sales are where the craft bots are, the craft bots are where the materials are, the materials are where the people are.

Break that system, put the mats everywhere, the people spread out, the mercs follow, the people spread more, things balance out. (eventually)

And then square looses 100k per year on server jumps.

Even if it was cross server I'd never go back to a 200 people server where everyone is playing their singleplayer experience and scoffing at the crazy idea to group up in a MMO, what a *** wild concept to play with other human beings I know right?

I don't think I'm the only one on this, could be ragnarok has all the materials and +2 necks at 100k gil and I still wouldn't go back knowing how the community is there besides buying my stuff and transfering back instantly. People want to be where other players are, the rest I feel is secondary. I imagine if you're in your situation it's different but for me it's about playing and having a good time, I CBA with antisocial *** coming to overcamp me just cause they want to show how strong dudes they are and "it's my town here pardner" behaviours cause they are paying 200€/month for their alt army.

edit: especially at EU times, where even on asura there's like 4 groups reliably doing things afaik
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-19 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Some on other servers really don’t acknowledge/understand that there’s a good number of asura players that play with a small tight knit group of friends but just stay on Asura for the occasional pug/AH inventory/etc.?

Lol at thinking every player on Asura is a Gil buying, auto farm botting, mindless chump.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-08-19 14:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of funny timing on the two posts above mine from Asura. One says that everyone on other servers is a 12-boxer who is playing solo, and the next one says people on other servers assume things about the playstyles of Asura players.

FWIW I'm on Carbuncle, a very dead server relatively speaking and while I do have 2 characters, I don't have 6 and I do Odyssey (with two groups of 6), Omen with a full alliance, Dynamis with 7 players, Sortie (with two groups of 6) and regularly do HTBF, Aeonics, etc. etc. with 6-18 people.

The only things I do by myself are easy things which don't require more players.

As for the AH, there are some mats which are fairly uncommon on Carbuncle and it makes it a little tricky as a crafter, but I still make plenty of stuff and if I ever need any high end items they're always in stock on the AH or, in very rare cases that they aren't, I know a crafter with every shield so I can have it made. I don't want for anything.

I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone, I'm sure some people are struggling more than others but there's absolutely a sufficiently-sized community even on smaller servers to get what you need. And it's really nice to not have to worry about camping against 5 groups every time you want to get an abyssea NM, 0 minute queues for every single piece of queued content, etc.

The one thing that's missing here is a stock of crafting spheres, so if you're doing a shield you need to farm your own ***or transfer. Other than that I've never had any desire to be on a more populated server.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-19 14:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Say that when the people bringing you those materials from asura to sell on your AH aren't able to or stop doing it.

The only reason carbuncle has an AH at all is server jumpers make bank bringing it there. (or using it themselves to sell the crafted items, again on your AH)

Other servers entire economies depend on smugglers taking supply from asura.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-19 14:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Joking aside - I use asura as amazon. Haven't had the need to since I know everyone on bismarck that can craft and I have everything I truly need at this point.

I blame SE regarding congestion. They have done zero to remedy this issue other than making silly decisions like shinryu BC.

I joke because it's funny but I honestly think it's *** up you guys are getting these long waits because as a player my playtime is everything now since RL/Kids/Work blah blah blah.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-19 14:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignorant statement. It is in fact better to bring things from Valefor to sell on asura half the time, not the other way around. I'm sure it's that way for other servers too.

Big ticket items like abjuration cursed pieces and a few of the +2 necks are cheaper on asura by a couple million, but things like SU5 weapons are typically the same price and have enough supply to not be an issue. Some of it might be from asura hoppers but I know at least half a dozen Valefor natives who have shields and craft these things themselves with either self found or linkshell provided materials. If asura stopped existing tomorrow id still be able to play the game just as easily as I do now.
By Zubis 2022-08-19 14:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't hate Asura, you haven't paid the 5 million G hate fee.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-19 14:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Kind of funny timing on the two posts above mine from Asura. One says that everyone on other servers is a 12-boxer who is playing solo, and the next one says people on other servers assume things about the playstyles of Asura players.

FWIW I'm on Carbuncle, a very dead server relatively speaking and while I do have 2 characters, I don't have 6 and I do Odyssey (with two groups of 6), Omen with a full alliance, Dynamis with 7 players, Sortie (with two groups of 6) and regularly do HTBF, Aeonics, etc. etc. with 6-18 people.

The only things I do by myself are easy things which don't require more players.

I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone, I'm sure some people are struggling more than others but there's absolutely a sufficiently-sized community even on smaller servers to get what you need. And it's really nice to not have to worry about camping against 5 groups every time you want to get an abyssea NM, 0 minute queues for every single piece of queued content, etc.

I mean, you're on USA times (I mentioned EU), on a different server from ragnarok, and missed the fact I've been on ragnarok for more than 15 years before giving up on it, so yeah obviously I'm on asura now, wouldn't risk paying money to go from ragnarok to quetz or fenrir as the situation could be identical at EU times.

Asura's got some ***but yeah, if you got a linkshell, as most reasonable people have, it's not that bad. Pugs were bad on ragnarok, and are bad on asura, and will be bad on any server, not sure that's even a metric to compare to.

On ragnarok I was doing all events in linkshell too, most people were multiboxing, thing the real headcount was like 5 people, and a lot of the event running was done with a despise for new players/returners joining in, which was made apparent all the time by the people in the ls that went out of their way to make sure if they had free party slots not to invite other people.

Maybe I was just unlucky but it soured me quite a lot on that experience so asura can't be worse than that :P.

But I guess I'm in the wrong thread, asura ***, all players bad, no fun only rmt. There.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-19 14:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Ignorant statement. It is in fact better to bring things from Valefor to sell on asura half the time, not the other way around. I'm sure it's that way for other servers too.

Big ticket items like abjuration cursed pieces and a few of the +2 necks are cheaper on asura by a couple million, but things like SU5 weapons are typically the same price and have enough supply to not be an issue. Some of it might be from asura hoppers but I know at least half a dozen Valefor natives who have shields and craft these things themselves with either self found or linkshell provided materials. If asura stopped existing tomorrow id still be able to play the game just as easily as I do now.

See the thing you forgot, is they are selling TO asurans. Without the people jumping to (buy and sell) and from (buy and sell) there is no movement. aka; no economy.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-19 14:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

See the thing you forgot, is they are selling TO asurans. Without the people jumping to (buy and sell) and from (buy and sell) there is no movement. aka; no economy.

You're assuming this is wide spread behavior that everyone is doing and reliant on. In reality I know a single person who does this. You have this really weird delusion of grandeur. Other servers would be just fine without Asura.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-19 14:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason is works so well is no one knows it happens.

You don't ask how or why or where you just accept that it's there.

Art imitating life.

(and yeah, it would work itself out and be fine, if you couldn't jump to and from asura, eventually, just like it would balance itself out if you didn't have to jump to and from asura)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-08-19 15:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a crafter myself and here are the mats I'm frequently looking for and the only ones I have a hard time buying, and their respective "profit" if you ship them from Asura to Carbuncle:
Muculent Ingot: More expensive on Asura by far
Serica Cloth: 3x as expensive on Asura
Taffeta Cloth: same price as Asura
Sealord Leather: twice as expensive on Asura
Staghorn Coral: twice as expensive on Asura
Bztavian Wing: same price as Asura
Kukulkan Skin: same price as Asura

I could go on forever but the fact remains: nobody is shipping all the mats off Asura to sell them as a loss on Carbuncle. At least not for Clothcraft :shrug:

Medals are the same price everywhere, possibly more expensive on Carbuncle, and we typically have a glut of supply, I've never run out of them especially with my own from running events...I don't really see how Asura is supplying me with mats but maybe you know something I don't.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-08-19 15:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura was useful for server transfers when your bots finished shields first. This isn't the case these days. There's no point anymore.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-19 15:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Asura was useful for server transfers when your bots finished shields first. This isn't the case these days. There's no point anymore.
This. Would have completely agreed a year ago or so that the vast majority of high ticket items on small servers originated in some way on Asura. But that's just not the case any more.

A much bigger concern are the mass-market crafters jumping to a small server and buying up all their medals so the local crafting market can't function as easily with "natural" supply feeding them.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-08-19 16:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ayasha said: »
I
Asura is like the drive-through at an In 'n Out. Hundreds of lemmings idling in the line at any given hour of the day wasting fuel and complaining about the hour+ wait... while the dining room is completely empty... for the same mediocre food...

The content may be the same, but that really isn't the issue. I think Asura remains so popular because people starting over or coming back see it as easier to get integrated with it being so busy. They get caught up on content and do all the non-instanced stuff for a few months, get in a LS, and start doing content. They then get frustrated with the queues, but at that point, they've made friends, joined a LS, have a static, etc. It's really difficult to just up and leave that and people, myself included, see the friends/LS as more important. It really hasn't changed over the years, despite getting NM claims being easier on some servers in the past, swapping servers wasn't even an option the first few years and after that wasn't super common, for the same reason, despite 'starting over' being a lot easier then.

Sure, if you have no connection to the community at all or friends then the easy solution is to swap over, but for those of us with friends/LS/etc, they are more important than getting in right away and so we deal with the queues. If they all quit tomorrow, I'd probably go back to Shiva (or somewhere else, RIP Fairy), as I have no real loyalty to Asura itself. I think non-Asurans just see Asura as this place people go and buy everything, but that isn't the case, most people getting anywhere in the endgame have established shells, groups, and friends they do content with.

I think if situations were reversed, everyone on smaller servers would feel the same way.

The frustrating part is that it doesn't have to be this way. There will always be resource limitations, but other games released not long after 11 solved this problem and there are other ways they could mitigate it. Like I said in my earlier post, I doubt we'll see a true solve for the issue ever, but I think they could do things to not aggravate it, like releasing new content during free login. So Asura isn't the problem here, it's poor software design over 2 decades ago and trying to shoehorn something in place that it wasn't designed for, Asura just triggers the problem because people would rather deal with it than ditch their friends.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-08-19 20:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
You guys act like the smaller servers do content solely by ourselves with Trusts, which isn't the case at all lol. If anything, we actually do ***with friends or cross-Linkshell because 90% of us aren't gigantic pieces of ***to play with.

Well... I cant speak for Bismark but I was from Kujata/Valefor and I will say that Asura is a much faster track than a smaller server unless you're in a thriving Linkshell. If you're in said Linkshell, you can get events and gear easily but you're gonna run into a critical issue very quickly that's much more important than it probably should be:
Auction House Stock for things as simple as Alexandrite or RMEA pieces.

It's been years now so things might have changed greatly but I was able to make a Full Mythic in just a month or so after Gil was saved up and Assaults were all done. There are Alex mules alllll over the place on Asura. On Valefor? Pfft lol. Not back then at least, you'd be forced to either grind it out or transfer a mule over to.. well... Asura lol.

But back to the point, yes Asura does indeed have some douche bags. We got some really cool people too though so it's kinda like Suburbs vs Big City? idk
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-19 20:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
It's been years now so things might have changed greatly but I was able to make a Full Mythic in just a month or so after Gil was saved up and Assaults were all done. There are Alex mules alllll over the place on Asura. On Valefor? Pfft lol. Not back then at least, you'd be forced to either grind it out or transfer a mule over to.. well... Asura lol.

Yes, you can buy a mythic worth of alex in a few days. I just did for carn
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-08-19 20:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Joking aside - I use asura as amazon. Haven't had the need to since I know everyone on bismarck that can craft and I have everything I truly need at this point.

I blame SE regarding congestion. They have done zero to remedy this issue other than making silly decisions like shinryu BC.

I joke because it's funny but I honestly think it's *** up you guys are getting these long waits because as a player my playtime is everything now since RL/Kids/Work blah blah blah.
I waited 35 minutes for 24 slots in line today. That isn't *too* bad. I think things will even out over the next few weeks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ayasha
Server: Bahamut
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2022-08-19 20:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Bahamut.Ayasha said: »

I thought this was just a mess-around topic like a roast or something (naive of me, eh?). I actually have no strong opinion on this one way or another. I was just joining in the bandwagon. I must say that I appreciate your polite response with a good and fair argument and you make a great point from a different point of view. I did not mean anything outside of sarcastic humor by my post and apologize for coming at you directly.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-19 21:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely ever play with random ppl, but I enjoy seeing the world populated and alive, just my opinion
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2022-08-19 21:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
It's SEs fault for not architecting instances properly when it was designed over 20 years ago. They have apparently tried to shoehorn it in in a very limited way that clearly doesn't or can't scale well with demand, at least from my limited understanding of it.

During the early years of the game, it was a non-issue despite the much larger player population, because most content existed in single zones except BCNMs, which were very time limited and never much of an issue getting into. Of course, you had another problem when it came to finding camps, camping NMs, etc, because everyone shared the same zone.

A few years later, other games had architected it much better and had the ability to scale instances, even to the point regular zones would be instanced if one became too full. The problem being all the good endgame content right now is instanced and a lot of it (Omen, Dyna-D), players have reached a point where doing it isn't really needed as much and they want to focus on what is new (Sortie) or requires a long drawn out grind (Odyssey). It funnels the endgame crowd into one of a few queues, which are too limited to handle the demand on a server the size and population of Asura.
What’s funny is back in the old days there was actually contention over content. People used schedule Dynamis runs and coordinate to avoid problem. Back in those days it was reservation based similar to einherjar. The player base was generally a lot more respectful back then. Of course every mmo has people that enjoy watching the whole world burn. They are just most obvious on Asura, like the Mireu situation, many servers don’t keep the count consistently anyways and would have never noticed
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-19 22:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
0 page wait at 9pm on a friday night, they may have fixed it?

There wasn't a line all afternoon on Asura. Really strange going from capped out lines yesterday... to this. Maybe something was changed in the small patch this morning?
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-19 22:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59841-SE-can-you-please-raise-the-duration-of-Ionis?p=646569#post646569
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-08-20 05:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They definitely increase the amount of players allowed in the zone at one time, 2 days ago there was max 50 per zone, yesterday there was 90 in the zone i managed to get into. Kinda stupid they didn't launch like this but hopefully they keep it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-20 05:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, after 2 days of this click-bait thread and we are in page 2 yet, i guess majority already dont care about assurans as much as the assurans want them to care.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-20 06:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asurans have an overinflated ego? You don't say.

It's half the reason they're on asura. Not really any surprise there.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-20 08:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ALL of this! I was on Cerberus from 2004 till early 2018. It was a very populated server back in the 2000's/75 era. I quit in 2009 and came back in 2017 to Cerberus being a dead *** server with like peak 300ish people, just like what Neviskio said about Ragnarok. It was a very jarring experience how dead Cerb felt compared to all the years I was on the server back in the 75 days.

I tried to stick around for a little under a year with the low population from like mid 2017 to early 2018. Was not a good experience at all to me since all the friends I made on Cerb back in the day had all quit XI by time I returned. I transferred to Asura in early 2018 and my fiancee created her character on Asura at the same time since it was the highest population server.

Like it's been stated many times in this thread, I believe most people who moved to Asura just don't want to be stuck on a dead *** server with no one to play an multiplayer MMO with. All you guys still on small servers assume that everyone on Asura is there just to be an elitist douchebag. There are plenty of those people on Asura yes, but it's the highest population server. So you're gonna have more douchebags just due to the sheer numbers alone.

There are still plenty of decent people on this server, and most if not everyone on these forums knows about the Windower/Ashita addon to filter out and shut the RMT bot spam up. Once you have that installed it's really not that big of a deal. As was said before, lol at the idea that everyone on Asura is a RMT gil buying botter. We just want to play the game with real players and have actual supplies/gear in stock at the AH. I couldn't buy jack ***on the Cerb AH when I came back and it was a real pain in the *** as a returning player when I was trying to get my upgrade mats for 109/119 artifact/relic/empy armors.

And guys about the Sortie queue issue on Asura, seriously who cares if you don't have the Empy+2 like a week after they are out? I haven't even touched Sortie yet since I still have plenty of other content and jobs to work on in the game. Just do something else in XI or play a different game, or take care of real life stuff till the queue clears up. According to others on here it seems like it's clearing up now anyways.
[+]