August 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 21 22 23
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-11 21:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
I've never played nin, but was under the impression their hybrid weapon skills were better than SB. I've seen people pull off pretty insane numbers with their hybrid weapon skills.

They are situational, as in when they work they work extremely well, when they don't work they are terrible. Savage is just an all around weaponskill for physical damage.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-11 22:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesnt work on ***like plantoids but there are lots of mobs where you can use em in there
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-11 22:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people are just haters with sticks up their ***, he even brought up a hobby of mine to try to mount a personal attack lol. Guy has some screws loose for sure, don't need a musical degree to say if you think a piece is good or not. The way he criticized it made it seem like it was the basement theme from RE directors cut.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-08-11 22:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
like it was the basement theme from RE directors cut.

How dare you.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2022-08-11 23:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming no word yet from SE as to when exactly we can actually Enter into Sortie. Hopefully they implement 1-18 w/ this upcoming patch instead of just 1-6
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-12 02:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
I've never played nin, but was under the impression their hybrid weapon skills were better than SB. I've seen people pull off pretty insane numbers with their hybrid weapon skills.

There are families in Gaol, where hybrids will hit for up to 99999 and you will use them then. There is many families where hybrids do around 35-50k, which is generally fine, but SB will do 60k, so it's better. Then there are families where hybrids will do terrible and you will also use SB then. So overall there are just few families where hybrids win, but those families usually overlap with being also weak to COR's leaden, so those mobs disappears immediately :) (assuming you have COR with R15 DP and right sets)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-12 02:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Bahamut.Suph said: »
Goddess....peed... D=
LMAO!

That's how Tarutaru were made.

"It all began with a single drop, or so the legend says."
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-08-12 06:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Goddess....peed... D=
LMAO!

So Tarutaru are pissed?
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-08-12 06:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Goddess....peed... D=
LMAO!

So Tarutaru are pissed?

It would explain why they piss on people as a way of saying 'hello'.
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-12 06:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Afania said: »
I was doing spreadsheet with Baniak the other day, just comparing SB users all using same level of gears in attack capped situations.

I agree with your post as a whole, just a comment on this specific comment because we see that phrase used a lot more these days, and my concern/question is this: isn't the situation of "attack cap" going to vary in terms of needs for all these jobs? So without a GEO present for yet another +atk or -def buff/debuff to push the math to its extremes, won't we see situations where some are at attack cap, and others in the same party with same buffs simply aren't- either due to native traits, access to more PDL gear(and thus needing more +atk) than other jobs, and such?

It shouldn't matter in the case of cor v.s other SB users. Cor doesn't cap attack more easily than other DD jobs. If other job needs attack they can /war and still keep DW but cor can't. It's stuck in shitty /NIN forever and never getting the benefit of other offensive SJ when situations favors them. So uncapped attack situations shouldn't change the outcome that other SB DD being stronger than SB cor most of the time.

I use attack uncapped situations on spreadsheet if I am comparing gears performance with attack on them, so I know what to wear in attack uncapped situations. But since I was only researching the potential of each SB DD, not trying to give gearing advice to people, I don't think using capped attack situation matters that much.

If I am giving people gearing advice for cor, I generally default to attack uncapped set and make a note about pdl+ swap in. So people who only copy and paste sets should ended up using more optimal sets more often than not.

But yeah, I agree that capping attack is PITA these days due to the lack of geo, even with naeg. Maybe it's easier for war DRG but cor rarely cap them from my experience. My Sroda ring is crying in the dark corner as a trust solo ring ;) ;) ;)
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-12 09:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

But yeah, I agree that capping attack is PITA these days due to the lack of geo, even with naeg. Maybe it's easier for war DRG but cor rarely cap them from my experience. My Sroda ring is crying in the dark corner as a trust solo ring ;) ;) ;)

Just checked:
Marcato Honor
4x minuet
Crooked +8 Chaos roll IV (but without DRK bonus proc)
Grape Daifuku
ML 24

lacking Boost-STR

puts me at 4178 attack with Ikenga's body (checked again with DRK bonus it's 4482)

To cap at 4th floor as COR/nin with 10%PDL, you need 5400 attack (assuming WHM is not doing Diaga).

I'm assuming Naegling is at least +15%attack and its additive.
So I would be at around 4566 without soul voice on first 2 floors (4823 with DRK bonus crooked VI chaos). Not sure if thats enough to cap with Ikenga, but should be close. It's for sure enough to cap with Nyame Body (with Nyame Body you would have like 5000 attack with bonus roll, so you would probably almost cap at 4th floor).

With Soul Voice I have 6019 visible attack with Ikenga's (again croodked chaos IV with dRK bonus proc), so its capped easily even with 10%pdl and without Naegling.

Safe to say you are capped at least with Soul Voice on floor 3 and 4 even with crap roll without bonus, assuming Naegling is at least +8% additive attack, because you only need +53% attack bonus and the worst you will get from crooked chaos with +8 is ~45%
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-12 09:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Naegling is +1% per buff, so in a party situation like Odyssey, it's usually 20%+.

It's almost certainly additive.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-12 09:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

it's additive with other percentage buffs, so 50% chaos and 20% naegling would be 70%
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-12 10:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's stuck in shitty /NIN forever and never getting the benefit of other offensive SJ when situations favors them.

COR/NIN is shitty. Literally just for shadows required fights.

COR/DNC. Throw a box step before WSs and use building flourish when you have 2 finishing moves. Suddenly Attack cap gets closer on WS. It's not /WAR but at least you get any pDif benefits while still getting dual wield.

See Dashing Sublingar for taking a further crap on /NIN. AND Chobo Jig and Bolter's stack so vroom vroom.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-12 10:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

A good Bolter's roll basically puts you at movement speed cap by itself with a movement speed piece on, though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-08-12 11:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/23805/morbol-apron
So this was snuck into the morbol event this month, as a new purchasable item.

Looks suspiciously like a Starbucks apron.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-12 11:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Naegling is +1% per buff, so in a party situation like Odyssey, it's usually 20%+.

It's almost certainly additive.
Ramuh.Austar said: »
it's additive with other percentage buffs, so 50% chaos and 20% naegling would be 70%

Yeah, so on floor 1 and 2 I would probably only use Ikenga's body with +8 Crooked IV or XI Chaos roll with DRK Bonus proc. Otherwise Nyame body. On floor 3 and 4 with Soul Voice it's easy to cap with Ikenga, even with bad roll.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-12 13:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A good Bolter's roll basically puts you at movement speed cap by itself with a movement speed piece on, though.

Mexican food would like a word with you.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-12 13:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
It's stuck in shitty /NIN forever and never getting the benefit of other offensive SJ when situations favors them.

COR/DNC. Throw a box step before WSs and use building flourish when you have 2 finishing moves. Suddenly Attack cap gets closer on WS. It's not /WAR but at least you get any pDif benefits while still getting dual wield.

See Dashing Sublingar for taking a further crap on /NIN. AND Chobo Jig and Bolter's stack so vroom vroom.

Engage -> Box Ste - WTFOMGBBQJESUS someone killed my monster!
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-12 13:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Dancer sub job only has dual wield II, but ninja sub has dual wield III. That's a difference of 10 extra dual wield you have to make up for, and that's not an easy undertaking when the go-to for cor/nin already uses a +10 dual wield cape. I wouldn't be so fast to rag on cor/nin. The sub job is better than you give it credit for. Capping delay is kind of important after all.

Quote:

Also this. Who has time to spend stepping things on corsair with the 1 second Job ability delay? Even dancer main has issues weaving it into content where trash mobs get insta gibbed on a single weaponskill. Trust me, I know. I've been there.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-12 13:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

Dancer sub job only has dual wield II, but ninja sub has dual wield III. That's a difference of 10 extra dual wield you have to make up for, and that's not an easy undertaking when the go-to for cor/nin already uses a +10 dual wield cape. I wouldn't be so fast to rag on cor/nin. The sub job is better than you give it credit for. Capping delay is kind of important after all.

Quote:

Also this. Who has time to spend stepping things on corsair with the 1 second Job ability delay. Even dancer main has issues weaving it into content where trash mobs get insta gibbed on a single weaponskill. Trust me, I know. I've been there.

With Haste Samba from /dnc you are at capped haste with 25% Dual Wield (DWII and cape).
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-12 14:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

I haven't tested personally, but supposedly as of a couple months ago being over movement speed cap for too long is an insta-DC.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56295/error-4006/
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-12 15:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, like in seg farm that I can put up shadows between camp and engage in a none DT set for better DPS until I run out of shadows. Or separate with the main group solo kill wyverns using leaden with TS up as other DD kill other mobs without needing a healer nor Regen.

Shadows is too good in seg farm imo. Idk why people said it's worthless.

Throw a box step before WSs and use building flourish when you have 2 finishing moves.

Using steps and BF right before every WS is huge DPS loss though. And doing dmg isn't just do big WS number, but WS frequency matters too.

Losing 1 tier of DW is also DPS loss.

/DNC is pretty much only worth it if you are solo-multi stepping SC.

SimonSes said: »
With Haste Samba

keeping up haste samba in seg is terrible though....as if losing 1-2 sec JA delay before every WS isn't bad enough, what's worse is haste samba 13-15 times per run and see another guy finished all parse padding juicy mobs like bats/qutrubs right before a WS....

Or you try to move to the next mob but samba animation slow you down without JA0, and losing another 2 sec of engage time.....

Engage -> Box Ste - WTFOMGBBQJESUS someone killed my monster batssssss!

Everytime somebody killed the last bat/vulture/qutrub/crab/pugil right before my eyes with 1000+ TP ready to fire, my soul withered.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-12 15:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do Choco Jig > Bolter's then you basically cap without caring what the roll is if you have phantom roll+ with a Rostram and not much looking at it with something less. By the time you throw both you can start moving again and you avoid choco jigs lock. Plus if you're like me, you throw bolter's and immediately double up which can technically bust.

Most of this is just a lazy way to say I really like going fast on command and I don't want to think about it at all when scouting.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-12 16:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, like in seg farm that I can put up shadows between camp and engage in a none DT set for better DPS until I run out of shadows. Or separate with the main group solo kill wyverns using leaden with TS up as other DD kill other mobs without needing a healer nor Regen.

Shadows is too good in seg farm imo. Idk why people said it's worthless.
I'm just agreeing with you that /NIN is shitty.

If you're all about shadows, you can literally just do any waltz and pop one out on yourself if you overextend while pulling with QD or TS. That way the healer or Regen that you brought will have time to get to you instead of all your shadows are gone and you are currently dining on floor pizza.

Throw a box step before WSs and use building flourish when you have 2 finishing moves.

Using steps and BF right before every WS is huge DPS loss though. And doing dmg isn't just do big WS number, but WS frequency matters too.

Losing 1 tier of DW is also DPS loss.

/DNC is pretty much only worth it if you are solo-multi stepping SC.
You don't use all of them before EVERY WS, you use one of them directly before WS if you have the TP overflow or the finishing moves to do it. Put building or box step somewhere easy to get to when you're doing SB so you can avoid getting hit with the full JA delay penalty.

Plus Haste > Dual Wield for TP generation. It's 9 DW with /DNC + Samba VS 11 DW with /NIN. You get more TP per attack if you're using Samba and that pays out better if you have multi attack in your TP set, which allows for WSing to be reached in fewer rounds or more overflow when you reach it.

Haste Samba can also be used directly before WS to reduce the JA delay.

Remember /NIN is shitty by your own words and you're complaining about not having subjob options that help you reach pDIF cap when /DNC exists.

Engage -> Box Ste - WTFOMGBBQJESUS someone killed my monster batssssss!

Everytime somebody killed the last bat/vulture/qutrub/crab/pugil right before my eyes with 1000+ TP ready to fire, my soul withered.

It is literally engage > get TP > box step or building directly before WS. You aren't throwing box step as soon as you engage because that implies you care more about a sustained fight/white damage DPS and runs you into that JA delay that you shouldn't be intentionally walking into. You can see if someone is on the same mob as you. Don't incur JA delays if you aren't going WS on that mob.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-12 17:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

I haven't tested personally, but supposedly as of a couple months ago being over movement speed cap for too long is an insta-DC.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56295/error-4006/

No that doesn't happen. It's not based on movement speed but repeated actions, we've been able to reliably generate the error with characters that do not move. Those moving faster have a higher chance of triggering it as their movement update packets stop having the minor irregularities most of us generate moving slower.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-12 19:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure where the AMAN thread went.
Didn't know mog amps came from here. Maybe new? maybe not?
2x loud thuds, one on chest one on gold.

[+]
By Aerix 2022-08-13 01:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste Samba is 350 TP every 90s for /DNC, so basically you have to reapply it practically every pull.

Might not be a huge cost overall, but unless Box Step or Building Flourish lets you one-shot a majority of mobs you simply couldn't with /NIN and that extra bit of TP, then you're not actually gaining anything aside from being higher on the parse.
[+]
By Mrxi 2022-08-13 02:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Not sure where the AMAN thread went.
Didn't know mog amps came from here. Maybe new? maybe not?
2x loud thuds, one on chest one on gold.

Not new, was added in the trove revamp update.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 21 22 23