New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 2022 Version Update
August 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really liked going as SAM, except when I get to use polearm on birds. I don't have 5/5 R25 Nyame to hybrid WS things though.

I do like going on DRK, and DRK is not usually a job I like as much as WAR and SAM.

Ignoring PuG, do you use DRG in your static every day?
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 13:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Starbucks said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Other jobs being more durable doesn't matter at all when DRG doesn't take hate in the first place.
This is exactly why WAR DRK SAM are better choices.
I'm genuinely sorry you think PUGs are making informed decisions.
I'm genuinely sorry that I can't peer into every static group in FFXI to see what they use to comment on it objectively, but I already know the answer and it is not DRG as much as it is WAR or SAM, or probably even DRK.
Only because geared DRGs are less common. People come WAR/SAM/DRK because that's what they have.
Which they geared because they knew they would get more invites on and be asked to play more. Wahey!
Or because they've been those jobs for years and years, picking them up back ahen Dragoon WAS substandard.
Because it's hard to farm a piece or two of AF+3 and relic+3? Oh wait, everyone here has R25 Nyame so they are irrelevant anyway?
By SavageJoke 2022-08-10 13:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Also noting all the JSE earrings are Right Ear: Only, time to shift all your Baldur Earring +1s lol

Watch all the augments be "Left ear: X"
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-10 13:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Other jobs being more durable doesn't matter at all when DRG doesn't take hate in the first place.
I'm genuinely sorry that I can't peer into every static group in FFXI to see what they use to comment on it objectively, but I already know the answer and it is not DRG as much as it is WAR or SAM, or probably even DRK.
Only because geared DRGs are less common. People come WAR/SAM/DRK because that's what they have.
Which they geared because they knew they would get more invites on and be asked to play more. Wahey!
Or because they've been those jobs for years and years, picking them up back ahen Dragoon WAS substandard.
Because it's hard to farm a piece or two of AF+3 and relic+3? Oh wait, everyone here has R25 Nyame so they are irrelevant anyway?
Job points and master levels alone turn off many people, and 5/5 Nyame isn't nearly enough by itself.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 13:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Job points and master levels alone turn off many people, and 5/5 Nyame isn't nearly enough by itself.
You don't have 22/22 Master? pfff
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 13:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really liked going as SAM, except when I get to use polearm on birds. I don't have 5/5 R25 Nyame to hybrid WS things though.

I do like going on DRK, and DRK is not usually a job I like as much as WAR and SAM.

I use DRG almost exclusively for segments in our static and it's by far strongest job I have used in Sheol C (and I have DRK, WAR, BLU etc.) It's also not about dps only, but also DRG ability to one shot 90% of mobs there on all floors using Savage or Impulse on right TP threshold, so all damage you do is practical and there is almost no overkill damage that feeds only parse.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-10 13:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Katana WS isn't all that useless, though. Hybrid WSs are katata skills and super strong in seg farm.

To be fair, you need augmented Nyame B for hybrid katana WS to really shine. A lot of people lose motivation to farm segments once they have their augmented Nyame B (yeah, I know, there's other stuff to upgrade, but a whole lot of people have less patience for the Ody augment grind).

So in order for NIN to be super strong at farming the currency you need to get the thing, you need the thing that you're farming in order to obtain. Kind of a problem! It's Tojil needing Oatixur MNKs and MNKs needing Tojil to get Oatixur all over again... REFORGED!

And not as big of an issue for another big hybrid WS user in SAM. They're still pretty great at farming segments with physical GKT and Polearm, even if they don't have a great hybrid WS set. NIN using physical katana WS or switching to dagger... not so much.
[+]
By Tarage 2022-08-10 14:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So now that we have established that Starbucks is 100% trolling, time out please?
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 14:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I use DRG almost exclusively for segments in our static and it's by far strongest job I have used in Sheol C (and I have DRK, WAR, BLU etc.) It's also not about dps only, but also DRG ability to one shot 90% of mobs there on all floors using Savage or Impulse on right TP threshold, so all damage you do is practical and there is almost no overkill damage that feeds only parse.
So how do you know it does the most useful dmg when there is no way to make a parser exclude fake dmg over max HP? Unless you wrote a parser that can do that.
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 14:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
NIN using physical katana WS or switching to dagger... not so much.

NIN Naegling/TPbonus is crazy strong tho for physical. You have amazing tp gain with Dakken and 5%WSD gift is nice bonus for Savage. New earring will push it even more, since NIN doesn't have much PDL, so earring will be very effective upgrade (almost +3k damage to avg Savage).
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 14:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN Naegling/TPbonus is crazy strong tho for physical. You have amazing tp gain with Dakken and 5%WSD gift is nice bonus for Savage. New earring will push it even more, since NIN doesn't have much PDL, so earring will be very effective upgrade (almost +3k damage to avg Savage).
What attack do you need to max on mobs, what about popped NM on floor 1 2 3 4? What about Agon beastmen?
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 14:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So how do you know it does the most useful dmg when there is no way to make a parser exclude fake dmg over max HP? Unless you wrote a parser that can do that.

Not sure what are you talking about. If you know mobs have around 70k HP and you are making 70k+ Savage, then you know not much damage is wasted, while doing 2x Savage for 55k creates a lot of overkill.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-10 14:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What attack do you need to max on mobs, what about popped NM on floor 1 2 3 4? What about Agon beastmen?
depends on the mob itself, the job, weapon type, and how much PDL you intend to use.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 14:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what are you talking about. If you know mobs have around 70k HP and you are making 70k+ Savage, then you know not much damage is wasted, while doing 2x Savage for 55k creates a lot of overkill.
Do they all have exactly 70k HP? What do the popped NMs have? Do you change weapon for NMS and Agon beastmen if 2x WS does more than a 2k SB?
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 14:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

depends on the mob itself, the job, weapon type, and how much PDL you intend to use.
Oh, I guess it makes sense they have different DEF, so which are the highest DEF normal mobs and how much attack is needed to cap on them before PDL?
By 1thenumber 2022-08-10 14:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SavageJoke said: »
KujahFoxfire said: »
Also noting all the JSE earrings are Right Ear: Only, time to shift all your Baldur Earring +1s lol

Watch all the augments be "Left ear: X"

How dare you even suggest something so evil
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-10 14:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting of course that on any job that fails to kill an enemy but gets it very low, you often don't have to overkill it for fake parse padding. Just use an stnpc macro to WS a different mob while your auto-attacks kill the low HP one.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 14:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they all have exactly 70k HP? What do the popped NMs have? Do you change weapon for NMS and Agon beastmen if 2x WS does more than a 2k SB?

Not all, most. You need to adjust. Popped NMs are zerged by everyone, so it doesn't really matter, since you can't really control who will WS last and when exactly. I just do 2x Savage asap on Agon. They have around 90-100k?
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 14:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »

Worth noting of course that on any job that fails to kill an enemy but gets it very low, you often don't have to overkill it for fake parse padding. Just use an stnpc macro to WS a different mob while your auto-attacks kill the low HP one.
I hate doing 40k on COR then having to melee down the last 30% sometimes. I want to try this.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 14:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all, most. You need to adjust. Popped NMs are zerged by everyone, so it doesn't really matter, since you can't really control who will WS last and when exactly. I just do 2x Savage asap on Agon. They have around 90-100k?
What about on Floor 4?
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 14:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »

I was doing that a lot on WAR with Ukonvasara. Basically killing one mob with just white damage and others with WSs. Problem is that I have very active party members and they kill everything around pretty fast too and often there is no mob that I can reach with WS without moving. Also it usually creates another mob that is left with 10-20%HP, because most other jobs (war, drk, sam) usually do 50-60k WSs and without any white damage WS wont kill it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-10 14:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate doing 40k on COR then having to melee down the last 30% sometimes. I want to try this.

If that's a frustration, drop 1 merit into Requiescat, and then do a 1k Req> 1k Savage to Fragmentation for a kill w/o the Nostos mob getting off a TP move. Works for me all the way thru floor 3 on slashing families in there, and is a LOT better for the safety/speed of your group than basically dropping a mob into sub-25% levels where they'll use TP moves at 1k TP vs 3k, which pretty much guarantees that a solo COR is going to proc a TP move.

Of course, getting away from Savage when its possible is going to almost always be a faster/safer move for COR- 2 1k Wildfires that chain and kill a mob w/o a TP move getting off is infinitely better than building to 1500TP, Savage, and 18% HP left.
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 14:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What about on Floor 4?

Floor 4 and sometimes 3 is where DRG is usually the only job that can keep one shooting mobs (unless they have 50% slashing res), beside groups weak to magic which can also be one shooted by Leaden or hybrid WSs (also by some physical WSs if you decide to hodl tp to 2000+, but that's kinda slow). Tho wamouracampa and flans on floor 4 might be a problem to one shot.
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 14:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What about on Floor 4?

Floor 4 and sometimes 3 is where DRG is usually the only job that can keep one shooting mobs (unless they have 50% slashing res), beside groups weak to magic which can also be one shooted by Leaden or hybrid WSs (also by some physical WSs if you decide to hodl tp to 2000+, but that's kinda slow). Tho wamouracampa and flans on floor 4 might be a problem to one shot.
I mean how much HP do those Agon mobs have?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-10 14:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why waste a perfectly good opportunity to pad damage numbers on scoreboard? After all, if everyone else is doing it then you'll be left behind if you don't.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-08-10 14:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
WTF is up with those "right ear" stats? Does that mean there's a different set of effects for when they're equipped in the left slot?

it's so you can't equip the +1 and +2 at the same time

(aaand back to ody chat)
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2022-08-10 14:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
BLU got mostly garbage, that earring is so dumb. Would it have killed them to add blue magic duration when RDM can literally get it on anything that exists

Hey don't worry, im sure in a few more years they'll add a new BLU Spell called "Good Posture" that'll increase BLU Spell duration by 50% when cast on Trusts only.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-10 14:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
BLU got mostly garbage, that earring is so dumb. Would it have killed them to add blue magic duration when RDM can literally get it on anything that exists

Thank GOD Matsui got all the money from the Chapeau Society's GoFundMe to screw BLUs for the rest of eternity. We had hopes that our drive was seeing results with the release of the Crocea Mors, but this really does convince me that the apology for releasing BLU way back at ToAU days is now complete.
[+]
By Afania 2022-08-10 14:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Of course, getting away from Savage when its possible is going to almost always be a faster/safer move for COR- 2 1k Wildfires that chain and kill a mob w/o a TP move getting off is infinitely better than building to 1500TP, Savage, and 18% HP left.

Or use leaden/hot shot when you can, both can one shot weak to leaden/HS mobs at high tp level even on F3/4.

According to my math at capped pdif a ML 40 r25 cor should be able 1 shot F1 mobs with PDL+ ring + body swapped in at higher TP values with 58k SB(F1 mob has 60kish). But gl getting capped pdif on COR....

If you have a nice WHM who dia 2 your currently engaged mob, and you light shot right before WS, and warcry is currently on, then there may be a chance of hitting the attack cap with attack food possibly.

WF x2 works, but people likes to interrupt SC if pt kills fast, so I stopped relying on it ages ago, unless the group is fighting skeleton.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
drop 1 merit into Requiescat, and then do a 1k Req> 1k Savage to Fragmentation

On a side note, it's a lot easier to land last stand in TP bonus magian using max racc set these days with ML. Close light with SB or bust! :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-10 15:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
On a side note, it's a lot easier to land last stand in TP bonus magian using max racc set these days with ML. Close light with SB or bust! :D

hehe I'll have to give it a try some time, but my COR is still my highest ML at 27 because I'm just not going crazy on capping them asap.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23