20th Anniversary Expectations...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 20th anniversary expectations...
20th anniversary expectations...
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 24 25 26
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-06 05:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh great, this moron is back
 Bahamut.Leonero
Server: Bahamut
user: Leonero
By Bahamut.Leonero 2022-05-06 05:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

you beat your ego off in "socks" and im the moron?? whatss dat maake u? :)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-06 05:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

sure yeah alright go back to sleep sweetie
 Bahamut.Leonero
By Bahamut.Leonero 2022-05-06 05:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ur so edgy annn coool
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-06 05:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you :)
 Bahamut.Leonero
By Bahamut.Leonero 2022-05-06 05:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to your normal scheduled programming...

I expect disappointment from the 20th anniversary. If you don't expect to be disappointed you don't know SE.
 Asura.Kendlar
Server: Asura
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2022-05-06 05:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVwb60nU1IA
YouTube Video Placeholder

"MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) RPG "FINAL FANTASY XI", which started service on May 16, 2002 and has been in operation for 20 years this year.
In commemoration of this big milestone, a big special program that lasts for more than 5 hours will be broadcast from 16:45 on May 8 (Sun)!
With Yuichi Nakamura and Emiri Kato as MCs, we will look back on the footsteps of "FINAL FANTASY XI" for 20 years, along with valuable testimony videos of the people involved.
Also, don't miss the inter-curricular projects such as the secret story of Vana'diel, which only some developers know, and the announcement of the results of player surveys conducted in Japan and the United States.

Furthermore, regarding the collaboration with "Granblue Fantasy", which is currently a hot topic, Mr. Yuito Kimura, Managing Director of Cygames Co., Ltd., has appeared as a special guest to convey his passion!

And, of course, we will also deliver the latest information on "FINAL FANTASY XI" in a special version of "Freshly picked Vana'diel".

Let's celebrate the 20th anniversary of "FINAL FANTASY XI" together with this broadcast, whether you are an active player or a former player! !!

Performer:
Yuichi Nakamura (voice actor)
Emiri Kato (voice actor)
Yuito Kimura (Senior Managing Director, Cygames Co., Ltd.)

Akihiko Matsui (Producer of "FFXI")
Yoji Fujito (Director of "FFXI")
Kazuyoshi Mochizuki (community team)"

Translated with Google translate.
 Asura.Kendlar
Server: Asura
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2022-05-06 06:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

https://member.jp.square-enix.com/article/3665/

"
[Question recruitment] 20 years of "FINAL FANTASY XI" server operation and quality control
Interviews with Matsui P, Fujito D and each person in charge
The online game MMORPG "FINAL FANTASY XI", which started service on May 16, 2002, will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2022.
In the video program "How to Create SQUARE ENIX", we will interview the producer Toshihiko Matsui and the director Yoji Fujito.

This time, we will focus on how the network and server management that supports the world of "FINAL FANTASY XI", which is not usually talked about, and the quality control (debugging, etc.) that supports game development have been operated. We will ask each person in charge about the history so far.

In the program, we are soliciting questions from Matsui, Fujito and each person in charge from SQUARE ENIX's members, and we appreciate your cooperation.

Response deadline: May 18, 2022 (Wednesday) 23:59
* In order to answer, you need to register and log in to SQUARE ENIX's members (registration is free), and install and log in to the SQUARE ENIX app.
* We do not promise to answer all questions.
* Please note that questions may be excerpted or edited to the extent that the content does not change.

"

Translated with Google translate.
[+]
By kalyoth 2022-05-06 06:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What - you mean they actually ENGAGED an audience outside of Japan? I'll believe it when I see it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-06 07:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kendlar said: »
a big special program that lasts for more than 5 hours
we will look back on the footsteps of "FINAL FANTASY XI" for 20 years, along with valuable testimony videos of the people involved.
we will also deliver the latest information on "FINAL FANTASY XI" in a special version of "Freshly picked Vana'diel".

so, anyone who was still under the impression the 5 hour stream would be anything besides a nostalgia bait can move along now
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-06 08:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it now... "omg do you remember the dunes!? Me too!"

Imagine if they made their content/merch/advertising for people that still played the game and not people that quit in 2007 or earlier
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-06 08:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Imagine if they made merch/advertising
Fixed that for you.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-06 08:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

theyve actually done this already! those two community reps who i dont remember the names of have been leveling new characters on stream to showcase the game for like... 3years now
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-05-06 09:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I want merch that comes with codes for rainbow mog pells. I want a nanaa mihgo statue and the stain glass pic that came with that puzzle. my puzzle never came with that code. I was pissed
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-06 09:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
I want merch that comes with codes for rainbow mog pells. I want a nanaa mihgo statue and the stain glass pic that came with that puzzle. my puzzle never came with that code. I was pissed
I'd be happy if they sold Nanaa Mihgo's Stolen Hearts in North America. Heck, I'd settle for them just uploading those songs to YouTube or Spotify. They took down all of the uploads and now I can't get my Kazham fix.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-05-06 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
I'd be happy if they sold Nanaa Mihgo's Stolen Hearts in North America. Heck, I'd settle for them just uploading those songs to YouTube or Spotify. They took down all of the uploads and now I can't get my Kazham fix.

Didn’t even know this album existed. Just looked it up on iTunes and it’s pretty good, so thanks for sharing!
[+]
 Bahamut.Nuggy
user: Nuglah
By Bahamut.Nuggy 2022-05-06 12:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Furthermore, regarding the collaboration with "Granblue Fantasy", which is currently a hot topic, Mr. Yuito Kimura, Managing Director of Cygames Co., Ltd., has appeared as a special guest to convey his passion!

Literally no one cares about the Granblue Fantasy collab. By no stretch of the imagination could you call it a "hot topic". SE living in their own little world.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2022-05-06 13:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nuggy said: »
SE living in their own little world.
I live in my own little world, but Riona Minama still hasn't come to seduce me. White over the knees socks in school uniform.
drunk thoughts forgive me

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Celerin
Server: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2022-05-06 13:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All of them, but only active for May 16th.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2022-05-06 14:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll get the following:
- HEAVY nostalgia. Can't fill five hours with patch notes or announcements
- A change to the campaign structure: it'll go into an endlessly rotating cycle, less developer involvement if it's just automated
- Maybe a return to the dual-subscription model?

What we will not get:
- FFXI: ARR
- New expansion
- server merges
- Any sizable change to infrastructure (unified AH, world travel, etc)

I hate being a downer about this and CBU3 is involved so who knows, maybe Yoshida shows up 20 minutes in dressed like Santa Claus, but there's no financial incentive for them to do anything except make things even more automated. You'd think a game whose playerbase is 400% octoboxers would have grasped that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nanako
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Nanako 2022-05-06 14:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nuggy said: »

Literally no one cares about the Granblue Fantasy collab. By no stretch of the imagination could you call it a "hot topic". SE living in their own little world.

Many granblue players are retired XI players, many of who are very excited about this event and the amount of nostalgia that was stirred up by the announcement of the chars and weapons that are coming from it. Some of my crew are even discussing organizing a return to XI to see what's changed and the discord channel's been blowing up for the past few days over it.
By Draylo 2022-05-06 14:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SE wouldnt do that to us! A 5 hour nostalgia garbage dump when they've been hyping it up for years, it can't be!
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-05-06 15:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this not enough for you people?
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-06 15:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine if they made their content/merch/advertising for people that still played the game and not people that quit in 2007 or earlier

Yea of course not, even tho most current players are responsible for carrying this game onward with our sub fees, they still pander to the nostalgia goggled 75 thumpers who only advertise private servers... Such a shame. I loved those days but they did a lot of good work since then that never gets recognized. Most of these dummies still think a Qufim island party in a p server is the pinnacle of difficulty as its powerleved by multiple mules.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-06 16:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
they did a lot of good work since then that never gets recognized
I think this is a big reason why a lot of people think it's dead. Whatever little promotions they do have are all about "remembering the good times". I love We Are Vana'diel, but I also hope we can look forward to stuff as well.
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-05-06 17:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Official 75 server would be nice, if you don’t like it don’t play it just stop whining about why 75 era suxks when in reality its a 100 times better
By Draylo 2022-05-06 17:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ummm sry no
By Musashi232 2022-05-06 17:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
ummm sry no
Sorry yes
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 24 25 26