Forum » FFXI » General » hoax or ZOMG
hoax or ZOMG
First Page 2
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 16:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

recently my linkshell was talking about a new set of armor and weapons that were hacked from "supposed" DAT files from S/E affiliated website. at first i was like omg look at this ***omg! but then my excitement died down as i thumbed through the pics.
although the idea of a new endgame based HNM event or like sea or sky nm's where you farm pops is cool, take a closer look at the characters and look at the screen shots of FFXIV.
its apparent in my research that this is no new gear and weapon add, its actually gear for the new FFXIV thats comin out next year :(
if you are in disbelief go to www.IGN.com and type in search FFXIV.
image # 46 will show you the pld "tank" gear its the trojan armor version on the list.
theres a few other screen shots on there that will prove more evidence so that people wont go omg FFXI isnt dead!
the truth is all were getting is lolshitty legs in this next update.

http://wilddragonchase.blogspot.com/

this sir sure is a wild dragon chase sorry to spoil it for everyone on FFXI
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-31 16:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that the same blog that quoted insider information about Phoenix being the next avatar? With fake pics and everything.

If not, then it looks similar.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 16:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

check it out no pics of pheonix on it however just a bunch of bs gear thats goin to next game.as far as the new avatars who knows just rumors.
although pheonix would be believable....much more so than the gear hoax.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-31 16:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mattyc said:
check it out no pics of pheonix on it however just a bunch of bs gear thats goin to next game.as far as the new avatars who knows just rumors.
although pheonix would be believable....much more so than the gear hoax.

On further investigation, it isn't the same blog (this one isn't Japanese). I sure wish I had my old bookmarks. The pictures were pretty convincing.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 16:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

im sure...
but there is big discussion of avatars never talked about new gear besides the augmentable legs that are "for sure" in update
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-31 16:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mattyc said:
im sure...
but there is big discussion of avatars never talked about new gear besides the augmentable legs that are "for sure" in update

I'm not really the sort of person who looks at new content before it's released. I'm content to wait for the update and find out for myself what's new.

The only question I would ask about that individual is how he's stumbled upon those and nobody else has?

Because with the Phoenix thing, it was literally just this one site reporting it. Not even a sniff to anyone else.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-31 16:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt be wierd if we got more gear.
WOTG still dont have an endgame-event, it's about time it gets one?
Because, well.. atm wotg is really lacking stuff.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 16:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

neither am i, but my ls had me all pumped up about something new to do in an almost dead game.

and exactally he obviously is a hacker of some sort but why do that and tell people its for the new update or future when its evident its not?
sucks to build up people like that and give them a bigger reason to log in more frequently than normal.
i was so amped to hear that maybe, just maybe we had a new type of event to look forward to.

as far as the other site goes with supposed pheonix being new avatar i wish i could look....
it does not at all sound to far fetched and is somethin that would give people more reason to level summoner.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-31 17:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mattyc said:
as far as the other site goes with supposed pheonix being new avatar i wish i could look....
it does not at all sound to far fetched and is somethin that would give people more reason to level summoner.

It was in the beginning of the year, before the March update, if I remember correctly. If it had a remote slither of truth in it, I have a feeling we'd have heard more about it by now.

Valefor.Mattyc said:
and exactally he obviously is a hacker of some sort but why do that and tell people its for the new update or future when its evident its not?

Never say never! =)
That bow looks sexy!

Hades.Kvazz said:
Wouldnt be wierd if we got more gear.
WOTG still dont have an endgame-event, it's about time it gets one?
Because, well.. atm wotg is really lacking stuff.

Not content with five second campaign battles or very *** hard to get "slightly better than the rest but not worth all that effort" beastmen headpieces?
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i though maybe the new added gear was gonna be like a sky type event where u farm the pops from the lesser nm's then pop the gods for gear.
and ya its lame WotG dont even have most areas added in.
needs moar jueno and aht urgan!
where it wouldnt seem to hard to believe castle zvhal baileys [S] being the new area where u would do so, i think it will be like a SHNM type deal but who knows 100% right?
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-31 17:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's a hoax otherwise that's a damn good hoax? A friend of mine thinks the weapons will be .dat swapped for jailer weapons, and that the other armors are WotG endgame items. I'd like to believe his theory, WotG endgame would be lovely.
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-31 17:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
I don't think it's a hoax otherwise that's a damn good hoax? A friend of mine thinks the weapons will be .dat swapped for jailer weapons, and that the other armors are WotG endgame items. I'd like to believe his theory, WotG endgame would be lovely.

If they'r .dat swaps for the jailer weapons.. witch one is the Great Sword gonna replace? and the dagger?

Edit: And the scythe?:P
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-31 17:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I reckon they will be adding a Dynamis / Limbus type area in for WotG soon, accompanied by the missions to explain its presence. It would be nice if it was like Einherjar; short, sweet, not incredibly difficult with good rewards.

Perhaps an element of self control over the endgame content would be nice too. When they said "design your own dungeons", I got pretty damn excited. Then they released Moblin Maze Monger, what the hell is that ***? You pick a rune and it generates the dungeon for you. That's not designing your own dungeon. =(
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-31 17:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kvazz said:
Remora.Ninian said:

If they'r .dat swaps for the jailer weapons.. witch one is the Great Sword gonna replace? and the dagger?

Good point. idk. They look really sea-ish though, regardless.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

for sure it would :)
but if u look at the armor on IGN the pld/tank gear is on the dude playin...
i went on adventurous web scan for anything that was similar then thought about hoax approach looked up FFXIV screen shots and there it was..
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

rofl Wooooooood moblin maze *** is right!
i like how its all the same area
o and as far as dungeon goes.....dungeon kinda went cavey......
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 17:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So your proof that they're not for FFXI is because

User submitted image

almost kinda sorta looks like

User submitted image

If that's the case, what's keeping you from saying

This isn't actually one of these from FFXIV?

User submitted image

The point I'm trying to make is, these are two games made by the same people. Things are bound to look similar. Especially if they're creating new content for one game AS they're making a new game.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-31 17:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mattyc said:
for sure it would :)
but if u look at the armor on IGN the pld/tank gear is on the dude playin...
i went on adventurous web scan for anything that was similar then thought about hoax approach looked up FFXIV screen shots and there it was..

Pix please?
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wilddragonchase.blogspot.com/
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-31 17:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Hades.Kvazz said:
Remora.Ninian said:

Good point. idk. They look really sea-ish though, regardless.

Yeah they do, but some people allso think about Ixion when they see them.
Maybe we'r getting Al'Taieu[S]? (doubt that one)
But I'm pretty sure they'r adding an event for wotg, and like Wooooodum said, I hope it's something Einherjar-ish, short and fun, with good rewards.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-31 17:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pointless to work yourself up over anything that hasn't been released on the main FFXI website. I don't bother, if it's true info then cool & if not oh well. Patience is all you got especially since we have no choice but to wait for its release. Better to be stoked on the news release than to be hyped up and then let down over fabricated info.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 17:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

They've already added a zone called Walk of Echoes, and it has paths and stuff like a full-fledged Al'Taieu or Tu'Lia.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-31 17:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're asking if this:
Siren.Enternius said:
User submitted image

and the like are real,

o hai thar.

It's legit and has been crossposted to basically every FFXI forum in existence and confirmed by other .datminers. The files mined are those you automatically downloaded a few days ago.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-31 17:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
So your proof that they're not for FFXI is because

User submitted image

almost kinda sorta looks like

User submitted image

If that's the case, what's keeping you from saying

This isn't actually one of these from FFXIV?

User submitted image

The point I'm trying to make is, these are two games made by the same people. Things are bound to look similar. Especially if they're creating new content for one game AS they're making a new game.

Good call Etern. Those armors look similar but in no way a perfect match.
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so its not 100% accurate but why would they on point have the same armor for 2 games?
even if it was just for a little bit of graphic buff?
sounds stupid im my opinion.
i for 1 wont be getting my hopes up based on pics that were obviously photo shopped by a person with good graphic animation skills.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 17:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

@Nightfire

Did you even read my post?

I am an avid .dat miner, thank you very much. I have already seen all of them.

What I'm saying is, they look similar to some of the armor in FF14 because they're made by the same people.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 17:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattyc said:
ok so its not 100% accurate but why would they on point have the same armor for 2 games?
even if it was just for a little bit of graphic buff?
sounds stupid im my opinion.

That's pretty much what FFXIV is. FFXI, with better graphics.

Oh, and all the names sound like someone had a stroke on the keyboard.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-31 17:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattyc said:
i for 1 wont be getting my hopes up based on pics that were obviously photo shopped by a person with good graphic animation skills.

lol

What's Altana Viewer?

EDIT: Eternius: I was talking to the OP and using your pic as a reference. None of it was aimed at you.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 17:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh, lol that makes more sense. Sorry for the confusion.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i dont doubt u at all but the gear wouldnt be almost 100% identical im my own opinion.....and look at the "new" aprons.....omg there brown and not yellow woooooooow!
First Page 2