Link | Quote | Reply

lol no dude not directing anything at u lol i dont online argue XD
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 17:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking (Just a vague thought really) that they might be adding new features to past cities, including (but not limited to) crafting guilds, hence the recolors for something NPCs could wear.
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhhh that is a good point.....still think they coulda done something besides a color change rofl.....well i guess thats S/E for ya XD

omg new imp's!
it looks identical but white ZOMG ZORGASM!
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm really thinkin castle zvhal baileys is goin to be next add on though in all honesty "dark kindred" is right where it should be...maybe we'll see new gear maybe we wont more than likely it's a future thing and not in the upcoming update...but if it is my thoughts of quitting will diminish ^^d
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-10-31 17:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This armor was added in the recent update from a couple days ago. Old news.
 Valefor.Ellise
By Valefor.Ellise 2009-10-31 17:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Only time will tell I guess^^. Thanks for the update!
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 17:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

np's XD
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-10-31 18:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Directly from playonline.com
User submitted image
This gear is for XI, not a hoax. If you want more proof you can go check the dats yourself, they're all right there. :)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-31 19:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been times when things have been put into the .dats for a future update (like the mini update we recently saw, it was in preparation for the actual update to come) and then never used, but it's always been one or two obscure items that they changed their mind about at the last minute.

You don't upload 150 (30 armour sets, 5 slots) new .dats unless you're damn sure you're going to implement them. My guess is that they'll be either walk of echos (new end-game event inside Atomos) or turning Beauc or Xarc into SCNM areas (there is a noticeable lack of NM's in these two areas). Now this is assuming it's only hume that you downloaded the other day, I think I heard that taru had also been displayed, which makes me assume that all 5 races have been added, so that's probably more like 1050 .dats + weapons, special animations, crafting cloaks (prolly for npc's as mentioned above) and npc/mob weapons and you're looking pretty close to the 1600 or so files that were in that download.

tl,dr; The gear is very much real, although we might not see it this update (we will see the weapons though). There will NOT be any new zones unless it's walk of echos. Zones are in the .dats too, the only zone in the .dats not being used is Walk of Echos.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 19:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i just looked on the "official" playonline website and saw now screen shots of what u posted sorry......u fail like the dude that created the website lol...
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-31 20:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you give me the link to this "official" playonline website, more specifically the link to the screenshots that make me fail? The screenshots that you were originally talking come from data files that are on YOUR computer/PS2/360 RIGHT NOW. I, as well as every other person here gave you valid information because you think that someone is trying to hoax us. Believe what you want, the gear is real, the only question is how is it going to be obtained.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 20:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

www.playonline.com shows "nothin" involving the dagger above nor does it show any of the armor on the blog site that i originally saw..i was talking to kuni not u btw lol
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-31 20:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No, SE never says anything about the update details until after the update is released.

That being said, it's in the .dats, which means SE intentionally PUT them there.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 20:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

and i said maybe in the future already but i dont think 1/2 of that stuff "if real" will all be added to be honest but meh we'll see i hope im wrong really just dont see it happening u sound like its 100% i wish! lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-31 20:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/0909/topics_all.html

Try again, Kunimitsu isn't trying to hoax you, neither is anyone else. As Enternius said, SE never say much about updates until after they're done, and even then won't release screenshots of every attainable item.

It certainly does seem strange for them to introduce this much gear without even a mention of it, but we'll just have to wait until the actual update to see what that's about.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-31 20:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mattyc said:
www.playonline.com shows "nothin" involving the dagger above nor does it show any of the armor on the blog site that i originally saw..i was talking to kuni not u btw lol

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/0909/topics_all.html

Second item down. Can we end the stupidity in this thread already? There is no hoax, these items are now in the .dats and will almost certainly be revealed at a later time.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 20:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

well thanks for the link bro that proves the weapons i stand corrected on that :)
dagger weeeee
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-31 20:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Of all things, why are you excited about a dagger when you have rdm sam blu as your only 75's? As for proving anything, all the proof anyone actually needed was that they exist in the .dats, which is what you didn't believe with your very first post...

I'm gonna have to agree with Nightfyre:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Can we end the stupidity in this thread already?
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 20:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i was being sarcastic lol........
weeeeeeee as in i could care less u shmuck lol
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-31 21:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

rrrright..
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-31 21:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

thf is 64...lol...so ya sarcasm
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-31 21:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Clowdd said:
rrrright..
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-01 14:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiah thread where I saw this

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Yeah 30 new sets is very doubtful, however awesome that would be... Where did you find this anyway? I want to see the stats. But I do want that body piece the taru is wearing.

EDIT: Saw that link, nvm about where you got it. lol But I still don't believe it. I think they're just fake .dats that make you see the armor only on your char. I'll believe it when I see SE put these out.

I stand by my original statement.

I guess that one sword/dagger looks real. But I doubt any other part of it is.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2009-11-01 15:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
Directly from playonline.com
User submitted image
This gear is for XI, not a hoax. If you want more proof you can go check the dats yourself, they're all right there. :)

I was gonna post the exact same thing, this proves that it's real, SE used that pic to promote the upcomming update.