Dynamis - How To Do It Right?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis - How to do it right?
Dynamis - How to do it right?
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-30 14:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
http://www.little-gamers.com/comics/2006-02-09.jpg

This made me laughs. Lots.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 14:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Nodnod. What use is a dead-anyone anyway. Avoid I say! You should all dislike getting pwnt cause of other people screwing up!

The only use a dead body is in dynamis is for a taru to hump it while its down. Or to poke it with a stick, thats my personal favorite. Dying because someone screws up sucks. Funny until it happens to you.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-30 14:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Nodnod. What use is a dead-anyone anyway. Avoid I say! You should all dislike getting pwnt cause of other people screwing up!

I'm beginning to wonder if you're playing a different game to the rest of us, lol.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-30 14:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said:
Remora.Belius said:

The only use a dead body is in dynamis is for a taru to hump it while its down. Or to poke it with a stick, thats my personal favorite. Dying because someone screws up sucks. Funny until it happens to you.

Indeed. OR when that person who caused your death dances on your body. Growl.
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Remora.Belius said:

I'm beginning to wonder if you're playing a different game to the rest of us, lol.

Naw, I just avoid the idiots like the plague and make it very clear if they're going to be dumbtastic, I'll actively make the experience painful. Mistakes are mistakes, but I will not expect the 1 or 2 idiots who just think it's funny to mess about when people are hoping for the best.

Surely nobody plays to get stressed. I'd hope?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-10-30 14:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple Answer:

- If un-charmed people are more concerned with killing the charmed people than saving whoever is being beaten to death by a mob of charmed players, then you've found yourself a good shell. :3
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 15:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This is so very true. Gotta have some fun, even during dynamis. Besides, I have yet to get him back, still plenty of time.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-30 15:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Surely nobody plays to get stressed. I'd hope?
O.o Death happens. Why get stressed about it?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-30 15:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I never get stressed when I die, dying is part of the game. It's other people's stupidity up until the point of death that gets me annoyed.
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 15:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Only real reason to stress is when someone gets you killed, but thats just getting irritated at that person. If you get overly stressed from playing this game, I have one absolutely wonderful suggestion: Walk Away. It's a game, not a way of life. There are far more important things to worry and stress about. This is not one of them.
[+]
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-10-30 15:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
Simple Answer:

- If un-charmed people are more concerned with killing the charmed people than saving whoever is being beaten to death by a mob of charmed players, then you've found yourself a good shell. :3

Even better when it's a whm doing the killing with Holy! God I love dyn-Sandy ...
[+]
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2009-10-30 15:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
I judge dynamis shells based on how many "XXXX falls to level 74." I see.

Hey! I resent that Hypno! <3 the sound of delvling...then they "YAY I GOT MY LVL BACK!!!!!!" :)
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-30 15:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard http://www.ffxiah.com/linkshell.php?id=13757 is a good Dynamis shell during the times I think you're looking for. I think they run at like 9-10amish EST.

Edit: These guys are GMT and might do it at a good time. I liked one of their members in a Meripo. http://www.ffxiah.com/linkshell.php?id=16787
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 16:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As to Dynamis shells on Remora, I do not know of any good ones offhand. I spent 3 years there, and after my brief run with Honourables, and how they did their system, I refused to endgame on that server. The endgame shells are very good at what they do, so dont get the wrong idea when I say that. I just didnt like how things went with certain shells, and I didnt know a soul in endgame. It's hard to find a dynamis shell you can stick with, in some cases. Imho, people are better off going for an endgame shell compared to going just after a dynamis shell. The more you do endgame, the easier it comes, the more you learn, and the better you become at your jobs. 3 months of endgame on Sylph has taught me some things I never thought I would learn. If you want the full experience, skip dynamis, sky, or sea only shells, and just shoot for endgame in general. More chances to get better gear, and on a points system, you dont have to wait nearly as long as you might think.
[+]